03-20-2020, 02:34 PM
This was confirmed on Friday the 20th.

starkvegasdawg
03-20-2020, 03:09 PM
Confirmed by who?

notsofarawaydawg
03-20-2020, 06:14 PM
Confirmed by who?

Medical personnel in Lowndes and I know a family relative of the one in Oktibbeha. Patient is in ICU at OCH.

Political Hack
03-20-2020, 06:47 PM
Its a national issue. I know it's hitting Mississippi late, and I hope that helps save lives, but please stay ahead of this.

confucius say
03-20-2020, 07:54 PM
Medical personnel in Lowndes and I know a family relative of the one in Oktibbeha. Patient is in ICU at OCH.

Age of patient in icu?

notsofarawaydawg
03-20-2020, 10:41 PM
Age of patient in icu?

Don?t know. Third person now diagnosed in Lowdnes County.

Mjoelner34
03-21-2020, 08:50 AM
Don?t know. Third person now diagnosed in Lowdnes County.

Why will Baptist hospital not confirm this? Seems counter-intuitive to public safety to me.

wild_dawg
03-21-2020, 10:06 AM
Being a rural state will play to our advantage. Doesn't mean we should take it lightly. Prayers to the man or woman in icu

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2020, 10:08 AM
Why will Baptist hospital not confirm this? Seems counter-intuitive to public safety to me.

MDH site has the Lowndes cases listed.

notsofarawaydawg
03-21-2020, 11:27 AM

A local doctor did confirm it late yesterday. Now it's four cases in Lowndes and non in Okt County. I think the one in Okt Hospital must live in west Lowndes County.

hp22
03-21-2020, 11:33 AM
Being a rural state will play to our advantage. Doesn't mean we should take it lightly. Prayers to the man or woman in icu

This makes one bold assumption. And that assumption is that your local community realizes the consequence of not taking quarantine seriously. Should the virus spread at a higher rate within your community than the national average and your community has an unprepared infrastructure, then it could be devastating with people not being able to receive proper care.

Your greatest strength can become a weakness. It's why I get aggrevated when I see people continuing through their day here as if nothing is different.

The doctors,.nurses and hospital staff are the heroes here. I can't imagine what those days are like.

Mjoelner34
03-21-2020, 12:22 PM
A local doctor did confirm it late yesterday. Now it's four cases in Lowndes and non in Okt County. I think the one in Okt Hospital must live in west Lowndes County.

I saw the article where the local doctor confirmed it and he was on WCBI at 10 last night but Baptist 'neither confirmed nor denied they had cases'. The reason I was asking is that I heard about 2 of them at work yesterday and one was mentioned as being a restaurant employee in Columbus. If that were true, you'd think they'd want everyone who ate at that restaurant last week to know.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-21-2020, 01:01 PM
HIPAA...

notsofarawaydawg
03-21-2020, 03:31 PM
I saw the article where the local doctor confirmed it and he was on WCBI at 10 last night but Baptist 'neither confirmed nor denied they had cases'. The reason I was asking is that I heard about 2 of them at work yesterday and one was mentioned as being a restaurant employee in Columbus. If that were true, you'd think they'd want everyone who ate at that restaurant last week to know.

Yes and Hippaa and one was an employee of the restaurant near the courthouse where I ate last week. As soon as that employee tested positive he shutdown all operations. It’s pretty much public knowledge now which restaurant this was.

reddog
03-21-2020, 04:11 PM
HIPAA...

Has been waived by the President

BigDawgB
03-21-2020, 05:40 PM
Yes and Hippaa and one was an employee of the restaurant near the courthouse where I ate last week. As soon as that employee tested positive he shutdown all operations. It?s pretty much public knowledge now which restaurant this was.

Where?

starkvegasdawg
03-21-2020, 06:06 PM
Where?

Zachary's is what I'm hearing.

Mjoelner34
03-21-2020, 06:13 PM

Same thing I heard.

Maroonthirteen
03-21-2020, 06:16 PM

So if y'all got that much.... have you heard if they had been on a trip? Where did they go?

Thanks

Mjoelner34
03-21-2020, 06:20 PM
So if y'all got that much.... have you heard if they had been on a trip? Where did they go?

Thanks

Nope. All I heard yesterday was 2 in Lowndes. Then a co-worker from Columbus said he heard one was a 7 year old boy and the other worked at Zachary's.

TUSK
03-21-2020, 08:02 PM
Anything goin' on? I've been in the woods the last few days....

Seriously, hang in there fellas!!!!

R2Dawg
03-22-2020, 07:58 AM
Has been waived by the President

Is that true? Have not heard that. They do need to release a few details about some early cases so adjustments can be made. Name doesn't matter to me.

R2Dawg
03-22-2020, 08:28 AM
This makes one bold assumption. And that assumption is that your local community realizes the consequence of not taking quarantine seriously. Should the virus spread at a higher rate within your community than the national average and your community has an unprepared infrastructure, then it could be devastating with people not being able to receive proper care.

Your greatest strength can become a weakness. It's why I get aggrevated when I see people continuing through their day here as if nothing is different.

The doctors,.nurses and hospital staff are the heroes here. I can't imagine what those days are like.

Agree with wilddawg in his basic premise that Miss has some advantages. How does virus get to a state - travel. Miss greatest risk is probably the Universities, a few large cities and some family traveling back home from somewhere. Miss doesn't have as many world travelers as other states and less population density.

Agree with some not taking necessary precautions and helping the spread. Much of the young generation has ignored warnings. Had a couple young guys at work ignore staying near home and went to a large infected city to party. One came back and was sick, tested positive for flu but they didn't test for COV19? Yeah he came to work too. They were told not to go before but they ignored advice. Most of the young look at this as another vacation. So ignorant. The economic impact of this will take years to resolve.

Dawgology
03-22-2020, 08:52 AM
Agree with wilddawg in his basic premise that Miss has some advantages. How does virus get to a state - travel. Miss greatest risk is probably the Universities, a few large cities and some family traveling back home from somewhere. Miss doesn't have as many world travelers as other states and less population density.

Agree with some not taking necessary precautions and helping the spread. Much of the young generation has ignored warnings. Had a couple young guys at work ignore staying near home and went to a large infected city to party. One came back and was sick, tested positive for flu but they didn't test for COV19? Yeah he came to work too. They were told not to go before but they ignored advice. Most of the young look at this as another vacation. So ignorant. The economic impact of this will take years to resolve.

Our department issued a policy that if someone traveled for spring break they were not allowed to return to work for 2 weeks. We have now gone to a skeleton crew and pretty intense sterilization policy.

Joebob
03-22-2020, 01:10 PM

They?ve done the same crap here in Dallas county. A restaurant employee tested positive for the virus and the county never made that information public. Even if they tried to track down the customers by credit card receipts, if a person paid cash for their meal the county has no way to find them. The only way anyone found out about it was because the restaurant owner came forward and announced it for the good of the public. This is just incredibly short sighted when states and counties try to keep this information private. South Korea has been totally transparent about releasing this kind of information and they have not had to shut down the country the way the U.S. has.