PDA

View Full Version : My Thoughts on the game and the future

Dawgfan77
11-03-2013, 09:20 AM
Watching the game yesterday was brutal. Its hard to watch a game in which you knew you were just as talented as the other team yet so grossly under coached. People on here using young as an excuse is a very weak excuse, why you ask, well that USC team is younger than we are, OM is just as young as we are. So throw that excuse out the window.
For those that say coaching wasn't responsible for the three int's, well I agree to a point. We were averaging 4.3 yds a carry yet we threw the ball on the road with a young QB 43 times! Like Bellard used to say three things can happen when you throw and aint but one of them good. Why did we get away from the run so soon against one of the best pass rushing teams in the SEC?? COACHING! Also we threw it 43 times for a grand total of 5.5 yds a completion.. If we are going to throw it 43 times then why the hell are we only throwing it 5 yds?? COACHING!!
I dont see Dan Mullen being a coach that can win close games in the SEC, other than GA and FL in 2010 when was the last time Dan coached a game down to the wire and was able to pull out a win staging a quality SEC team?? Again this is a COACHING issue! We are a very undiciplined football team, in the last two games we have penalized 14 times for 107 yds. WTF? 14 penalties the is pure and simple COACHING I see a coach that is on the verge of losing a team if he hasn't already.

This is the most talented team top to bottom that we have had in a long time, in fact this year there has been only one team that had more talent than we did that we have played and that was LSU, and other than Alabama I dont see any team left that we are not equal to or more talented than, and yes that includes the black bears. However, that talent will be gone over the next two years and I dont see our recruiting getting better players than the ones we are loosing. I dont know if Dan knows it or not but part of his 2.6 million job is to recruit!

Some of you on here and other boards feel like we should give Dan one more year, tell me why? Cause we are young?? I gave you other teams that are wining and are young? Is it because we have been the three bowl games?? There are 30 something bowl games, do you know how easy it is to make a bowl game these days? Is the reason cause of the money? We have invested over 100 million is facilities over the last two years with a big paycheck coming from the SEC, money shouldn't be an option. In business you have to spend money to make money, if we make the change we will have a better ROI than we are getting now.

We dont have to settle for mediocrity, we dont have to take a back seat to anyone. We can win and MSU but we will not win or be consistent with Dan Mullen as HC

ShotgunDawg
11-03-2013, 09:44 AM
A few things:

1. Are you sure that USC and OM are as young or younger than us? Plus it's very different being young at positions other than QB. Give a young team an experienced QB like Connor Shaw, and they don't play so young. When people say young, they are saying that we have young players all over the field, but more than anything have a young QB that is gaining experience.

2. I don't have a problem with how many times we threw the ball yesterday, because most were short passes and we used the passing game as a way to get Jameon and Perk the ball in space. Dak had a 65% completion percentage yesterday, anything over 60% is usually considered good. Perhaps we should have run some more zone read, but offensive scheme and play calling was the least of our problem. Plus you have to consider that by using the quick passing game to Jameon and Perk, it opened up the middle of the field that allowed us to run the ball. Offensive play calling, scheme, and game plan was good yesterday in my eyes.

3. Can't blame Dan for Dak's fumble, which IMO, was by far the biggest turnover of the game.

4. The 3 interceptions, I'll let you blame on Dan because Dak panicked, didn't get rid of the ball, and that ultimately falls under Dan's responsibility of preparing his QB to handle all situations.

That being said, excluding the turnovers, I thought we played better yesterday on both sides of the ball, than we did against UK. We just have to put together complete games and limit the severity of our mistakes.

I think Mullen can fix the current problems because they are completely fixable in my eyes.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Pure GOLD

Pollodawg
11-03-2013, 09:53 AM
It blows my mind that some of our fans continue to defend Dan and level blame everywhere but where it belongs. We will continue to get embarrassed by any team in the SEC with half a heartbeat and some of our fans will still be defending Dan and saying that recruiting and in game adjustments are not the problem, when they so clearly are.

DawgsBite34
11-03-2013, 09:55 AM
Dan's recruiting has been good enough but its his in game management that is awful. Dan is a DUD we want HUD