PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Brady is no longer a Patriot

gtowndawg
03-17-2020, 08:02 AM
announced it this morning. Not saying where he will be going though.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2020/03/17/tom-brady-leaving-patriots-thanking-belichick-and-kraft/

ShotgunDawg
03-17-2020, 08:31 AM
that's the way NFL works.

Montana as a Chief
Favre as a Jet & Viking
Peyton as a Bronco
Archie as a Viking
etc

Johnson85
03-17-2020, 08:46 AM
that's the way NFL works.

Montana as a Chief
Favre as a Jet & Viking
Peyton as a Bronco
Archie as a Viking
etc

And I'm not sure you can really look back and say any of the teams letting the QBs walk made a mistake (don't remembe rARchie obviously, but the others). All of them were still probably above average QBs, but with franchise QB costs. Of course, all three of those had obvious successors that they would have risked losing if they hadn't made a call. Not sure what the Patriots situation is.

HereComesTheSpiral
03-17-2020, 08:51 AM
And I'm not sure you can really look back and say any of the teams letting the QBs walk made a mistake (don't remembe rARchie obviously, but the others). All of them were still probably above average QBs, but with franchise QB costs. Of course, all three of those had obvious successors that they would have risked losing if they hadn't made a call. Not sure what the Patriots situation is.

Bill O Brien about to trade Deshaun for some towels and a gatorade cooler.

TrapGame
03-17-2020, 09:05 AM
It's about that time. Brees is next. I hate it but it's time.

RocketDawg
03-17-2020, 10:03 AM
Eli just went home, yet he's several years younger than Brady. Maybe Brady should do the same.

PMDawg
03-17-2020, 10:47 AM
So what is Brady's play here? Money? Seems he's too old to command a huge contract (of course Brees just scored $50M, so who knows). Championship chance is out of the question. New England is THE destination for that, and Brady already has a million rings. Was he forced out? I think his best play is retirement.

BeastMan
03-17-2020, 11:03 AM
I can’t wait for the Patriots to go back to irrelevance. Cheating bastards

coachnorm
03-17-2020, 11:05 AM
We all know Tom Brady as a football player but what is really known about Tom Brady as a person? I personally believe that Brady got paid under the table to circumvent the salary cap. Questionable owner Tom Craft, who is hiding his character flaws, about the sex trafficking / prostitution, in Florida probably paid Tom thru his wife who is probably 4 times wealthier than him. That money is now foreign being that she is German / Brazilian. The Bradey's probably have no problem hiding overseas money? Who knows, maybe Craft has investments with him and his wife? Tom Brady is a business man and will take care of his business as Tom Brady and not a New England Patriot? I posted this to fellow elitedoggers just to add some thought.

msbulldog
03-17-2020, 12:33 PM
So what is Brady's play here? Money? Seems he's too old to command a huge contract (of course Brees just scored $50M, so who knows). Championship chance is out of the question. New England is THE destination for that, and Brady already has a million rings. Was he forced out? I think his best play is retirement.

The patriots offered him a 1 year contract for less money than he made last season.

gtowndawg
03-17-2020, 03:50 PM
We all know Tom Brady as a football player but what is really known about Tom Brady as a person? I personally believe that Brady got paid under the table to circumvent the salary cap. Questionable owner Tom Craft, who is hiding his character flaws, about the sex trafficking / prostitution, in Florida probably paid Tom thru his wife who is probably 4 times wealthier than him. That money is now foreign being that she is German / Brazilian. The Bradey's probably have no problem hiding overseas money? Who knows, maybe Craft has investments with him and his wife? Tom Brady is a business man and will take care of his business as Tom Brady and not a New England Patriot? I posted this to fellow elitedoggers just to add some thought.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TerrificOldBear-size_restricted.gif

MetEdDawg
03-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Brady to the Bucs is happening. Sports folks saying a deal is done for $30 million per year.

RocketDawg
03-17-2020, 07:49 PM
Brady to the Bucs is happening. Sports folks saying a deal is done for $30 million per year.

That assure a full house for all games next year for the Bucs.