PDA

View Full Version : Troy says Cowboys making a big mistake

basedog
03-14-2020, 07:22 AM
Tagging Dak. I think what Dak brings to the Cowboys is his leadership.

You NFL guys think by midnight Monday JJ will give in to Dak's request?

I also read Dak's endorsements and insurance are in the 50 million dollar range. Wow.

Cooterpoot
03-14-2020, 09:10 AM
If Jerry can 17 something up, he will.

R2Dawg
03-14-2020, 09:15 AM
Tagging Dak. I think what Dak brings to the Cowboys is his leadership.

You NFL guys think by midnight Monday JJ will give in to Dak's request?

I also read Dak's endorsements and insurance are in the 50 million dollar range. Wow.

Big mistake to keep Dak or let him go?

Dak is one of top young QBs in league. His leadership is at top I'd say. No one better to lead your team. He finished with over 5000yds 2nd in NFL last year, not too bad with a weak OL.

msstate7
03-14-2020, 09:49 AM
Big mistake to keep Dak or let him go?

Dak is one of top young QBs in league. His leadership is at top I'd say. No one better to lead your team. He finished with over 5000yds 2nd in NFL last year, not too bad with a weak OL.

Don't know about weak oline... football outsiders has them #2 in run and pass protection

dawgs
03-14-2020, 09:56 AM
Dak might be wishing he'd taken the offer last week. Not sure how the coronas is gonna effect the cba and nfl money-making the next little bit.

MaroonFlounder
03-14-2020, 10:19 AM
Dak might be wishing he'd taken the offer last week. Not sure how the coronas is gonna effect the cba and nfl money-making the next little bit.

Dak makes so much $$$ on endorsements, he will be fine financially.

Ezsoil
03-14-2020, 10:40 AM

One main reason for that is he is the Dallas Cowboys QB...and most people do not realize that Jerry"s marketing and licensing company is his biggest business besides the Cowboys...Dak doesn't get near the endorsements if he goes to a Tennessee ,Tampa or Buffalo... he should have taken the deal.

Cowbell
03-14-2020, 11:03 AM
Don't know about weak oline... football outsiders has them #2 in run and pass protection

That Oline has been badly overrated since his second year.

msstate7
03-14-2020, 11:15 AM
That Oline has been badly overrated since his second year.

Maybe, but what you base it on? Impartial rankings by Pro Football Focus (#4 in nfl) and Football Outsiders (#2 in run and #2 in pass) say their oline was among the best

Thick
03-14-2020, 12:22 PM
Maybe, but what you base it on? Impartial rankings by Pro Football Focus (#4 in nfl) and Football Outsiders (#2 in run and #2 in pass) say their oline was among the best

Their dead last in being tough! They struggle to stay healthy, and they?re not that good in pass pro vs good teams. That?s 2 facts.

99jc
03-14-2020, 01:58 PM

The eye test says it all for me. They stink at pass blocking.

tireddawg
03-14-2020, 03:33 PM
Maybe, but what you base it on?

Uh, watching games..

DownwardDawg
03-14-2020, 03:56 PM
The eye test says it all for me. They stink at pass blocking.

They are terrible. I've watched several Dallas games the past two seasons with Dallas fans. They all agree that the O-Line is trash. Even when they're playing well, they seem to always have a false start or holding penalty at the worse times.

Cowbell
03-14-2020, 06:24 PM
7, you are smart enough to realize that Daks ability to get out of the pocket along with his willingness to throw it away, have made the stats misleading. Their holding calls are drive killers as well. I would bet the offensive line has been responsible for more drive killing mistakes than any other group on the team.

FriarsPoint
03-14-2020, 06:39 PM
7, you are smart enough to realize that Daks ability to get out of the pocket along with his willingness to throw it away, have made the stats misleading. Their holding calls are drive killers as well. I would bet the offensive line has been responsible for more drive killing mistakes than any other group on the team.

With WRs coming in at a close 2nd.

R2Dawg
03-14-2020, 07:15 PM

Performance. Two years ago, Dak had the least time to throw than anyone in NFL. Last year they were hurt most of year. Ask Zeke how well they did last year? Zeke had no room to run. Dak has been under pressure most of his pro career.

Coach34
03-14-2020, 08:36 PM
Dak's OL his 1st year was damn good. They were a playmaker short offensively. That OL has gotten worse over the years because of injury and inconsistency.

Their WR's are finally good enough- they need to shore up the OL and get better on D. Dak needs to sign a deal for about 32MM and let Jerry have some money to sign other players. Thats what Brady did and NE signed some badasses on D and drafted well.

Joebob
03-14-2020, 08:45 PM
They keep sending multiple players from the o-line to the Pro Bowl, but I’ve thought for the last few years that they didn’t play as well as their press clippings say they should.

Bdawg
03-14-2020, 11:39 PM
Dak's OL his 1st year was damn good. They were a playmaker short offensively. That OL has gotten worse over the years because of injury and inconsistency.

Their WR's are finally good enough- they need to shore up the OL and get better on D. Dak needs to sign a deal for about 32MM and let Jerry have some money to sign other players. Thats what Brady did and NE signed some badasses on D and drafted well.

If he wants to win superbowls, that's what you got to do.

dalmuti
03-14-2020, 11:47 PM
this all ends with dak winning a super bowl in seattle

dawgs
03-15-2020, 12:57 AM

Dak will be fine financially no matter what. He's gonna make at minimum the franchise tag + another season of endorsements. He could walk away after 2020 and live without ever thinking about money again. I just wonder how this whole situation is gonna trickle down to effecting the nfl cba and revenues that ultimately determine salary caps.

basedog
03-15-2020, 08:04 AM
I read recently (again) IF the NFL union fails to pass the extra game thingy (or maybe it was pass) JJ would have to pretty much pay Dak what he wants. But I guess we will all know midnight Monday. Last offer $34 million per year and $105 guaranteed!

Homedawg
03-15-2020, 06:09 PM
I read recently (again) IF the NFL union fails to pass the extra game thingy (or maybe it was pass) JJ would have to pretty much pay Dak what he wants. But I guess we will all know midnight Monday. Last offer $34 million per year and $105 guaranteed!

The cba passed. And we will know tomorrow

BeardoMSU
03-15-2020, 08:28 PM
The cba passed. And we will know tomorrow

I'm thinking Dak will get his contract tomorrow.

Extendedcab
03-16-2020, 09:45 AM
Dak Prescott receives exclusive franchise tag from Cowboys

FRISCO, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have placed the exclusive franchise tag on Dak Prescott, a source told ESPN on Monday, although the ultimate goal remains to have the quarterback signed to a long-term contract.

With the move, the Cowboys now have until July 15 to work out a long-term deal. If no deal is reached, Prescott will have to play the 2020 season on the tag and the sides can go through the same dance next offseason.

With the exclusive tag, Prescott is not permitted to talk to other teams.

BiscuitEater
03-16-2020, 10:02 AM

Is that BEFORE or AFTER they factor in Holding penalty yards?

FISHDAWG
03-16-2020, 10:17 AM

maybe due to Dak's scrambling ability and perhaps Zeke's very capable play maybe ....... I agree with others here that the Dallas OL is vastly overrated per whatever source