PDA

View Full Version : If First FB Game is Moved to Thursday

confucius say
03-13-2020, 03:13 PM
This part of the world will be starved for college athletics. Prob be a sellout and a high tv rating

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2020, 03:22 PM
If we don't have a major on campus athletic event until that game, we could play it on a Wednesday at 5 AM and it would be a sellout.

ShotgunDawg
03-13-2020, 04:46 PM
I'm wondering if we'll be able to practice before that game?

Hopefully this thing dies off over the next Month & we can start Spring Practice in late April

MaroonFlounder
03-13-2020, 05:07 PM
This part of the world will be starved for college athletics. Prob be a sellout and a high tv rating

Thousands have bitched about the prospect of a Thursday game. Have they changed their tune?

People don't realize the great exposure it would get to kick off the Leach era.

Lord McBuckethead
03-13-2020, 07:18 PM
I am 100% for a Thursday game to kick off the season

Todd4State
03-13-2020, 10:16 PM
Personally I think the game will be a sellout no matter what. It's a new era and when we have a new coach those games generally draw very well. Add in the fact that it probably will be the next MSU sporting event and that certainly adds to it.

I'd kind of like to know what our options are time wise. People say "Well, Thursday night is better than 11 AM on Saturday" but that's assuming that 6 PM on Saturday isn't an option.

I think with the fact that MSU has been winning in most major sports going to Omaha and the Women's NC game pretty consistently recently along with 10 straight bowls, being in the SEC, our football brand getting a lot more attention because of Dak, Cox, KJ, Slay, Chris Jones, etc. and now we have Mike Leach I think the attention boost that we get will be nice for Thursday but it won't be as big relatively as it would have been 20-25 years ago. At any rate I'd like to see our marketing team come up with a 15-20 minute highlight show like Relentless and use that for marketing. I'm a little tired of MSU asking me to bend over backwards for things and then they won't do a show on youtube because "well, it takes a lot of time".

cujo
03-14-2020, 11:25 AM
Personally I think the game will be a sellout no matter what. It's a new era and when we have a new coach those games generally draw very well. Add in the fact that it probably will be the next MSU sporting event and that certainly adds to it.

I'd kind of like to know what our options are time wise. People say "Well, Thursday night is better than 11 AM on Saturday" but that's assuming that 6 PM on Saturday isn't an option.

I think with the fact that MSU has been winning in most major sports going to Omaha and the Women's NC game pretty consistently recently along with 10 straight bowls, being in the SEC, our football brand getting a lot more attention because of Dak, Cox, KJ, Slay, Chris Jones, etc. and now we have Mike Leach I think the attention boost that we get will be nice for Thursday but it won't be as big relatively as it would have been 20-25 years ago. At any rate I'd like to see our marketing team come up with a 15-20 minute highlight show like Relentless and use that for marketing. I'm a little tired of MSU asking me to bend over backwards for things and then they won't do a show on youtube because "well, it takes a lot of time".

And if there was ever a time we needed the MSU marketing dept. to be in full swing, it is now and into the future, whatever the future is going to look like.

MaroonFlounder
03-15-2020, 08:08 PM

It's the opponent that makes it an 11am game. New Mexico doesn't move the needle.

Todd4State
03-15-2020, 08:32 PM
It's the opponent that makes it an 11am game. New Mexico doesn't move the needle.

The weird thing to me about the 11 AM time slot is from what I have heard is that ESPN thinks that's a desirable slot. Of course I guess Labor Day weekend is probably about 80* in Connecticut where they're located. Maybe not anymore since MSU, Alabama and etc. have complained about the slot. If I was the czar of the SEC I would just do away with 11 AM games all together.

Schultzy
03-15-2020, 08:37 PM
I hope we can even have this argument in September.

Jack Lambert
03-15-2020, 09:18 PM
I think the Wade will rock more that night since 2014 win over Auburn.