PDA

View Full Version : SEC baseball canceled

Quaoarsking
03-12-2020, 11:27 AM
Per Twitter. At least for the rest of the month.

TNDawg35
03-12-2020, 11:30 AM
17 me running... If they cancel turkey season, I will literally beat someone with a pillow case full of soap bars...

Cloak
03-12-2020, 11:30 AM
Wow

Quaoarsking
03-12-2020, 11:33 AM
Apparently upgraded to all sports. Which means in the unlikely event the NCAA tournaments aren't canceled, we wont be playing in them even if we do get selected.

TheLostDawg
03-12-2020, 11:34 AM
This sucks. Just when we get hot and Arkansas is sucking, not to mention playing in BR with none of their fans, they post pone. We have the worst luck

BrunswickDawg
03-12-2020, 11:39 AM
Get ready for the university to announce that they will go to all on-line instead of coming back from Spring Break.

KOdawg1
03-12-2020, 11:43 AM
Get ready for the university to announce that they will go to all on-line instead of coming back from Spring Break.

They need to. If you can't have sporting events, you definitely don't need school. It's not so much the kids getting infected, but rather them getting infected and carrying it home to their parents and grandparents.

We need a lockdown of a few weeks for this thing to fizzle out

HailStateSZN19
03-12-2020, 11:48 AM
Well they've officially extended Spring Break and are delaying students returns until March 23rd.

AlSwearengen
03-12-2020, 11:52 AM
I fully expect Armageddon to interrupt us during the College World Series when MSU has a 1-0 advantage and leading 8-0 in the second game of the finals. Our opponent of course will be Vandy to make it worse.

confucius say
03-12-2020, 12:14 PM
Freaking Chinese. Engineered this damn thing for population control and now it's affecting baseball season.

BrunswickDawg
03-12-2020, 12:33 PM
They need to. If you can't have sporting events, you definitely don't need school. It's not so much the kids getting infected, but rather them getting infected and carrying it home to their parents and grandparents.

We need a lockdown of a few weeks for this thing to fizzle out

I don't disagree

Joebob
03-12-2020, 12:36 PM
Freaking Chinese. Engineered this damn thing for population control and now it's affecting baseball season.

Why am I laughing at this?

chainedup_Dawg
03-12-2020, 12:39 PM
17 me running... If they cancel turkey season, I will literally beat someone with a pillow case full of soap bars...

They can try all they want but my A** will still be in the woods...I sat and listened to 4 different birds gobble the whole last week of deer season, no way I'm not chasing them

shoeless joe
03-12-2020, 01:57 PM
They can try all they want but my A** will still be in the woods...I sat and listened to 4 different birds gobble the whole last week of deer season, no way I'm not chasing them

Do turkeys carry it?*

I hope they start suspending high schools from returning after spring break so I can hunt every mornin the rest of the month.

Jack Lambert
03-12-2020, 02:05 PM
Well they've officially extended Spring Break and are delaying students returns until March 23rd.

I keep waiting on Rankin county schools to extend spring break.

Jack Lambert
03-12-2020, 02:30 PM
I just got email they are refunding tickets.

Pinto
03-12-2020, 02:34 PM

This is what I?m interested to see. What will MDE and the local superintendents do? They would need a state of emergency from gov more than likely.

Jacksondevildog
03-12-2020, 02:38 PM

They will be the last school district in the state to close if any do.

TigerMomofaDawg
03-12-2020, 02:56 PM
This seems so surreal. We went to the games at MGM Park, and I never dreamed they would halt baseball games after last night. I am so glad we decided to go because those two games were great wins over an excellent team. Everything is happening so quickly. I'm not complaining. I would prefer the authorities to err on the side of caution. Still, it's surreal. I can't imagine what is going through the players' minds right now.

Also, I'm a teacher. We just had to set up google classroom accounts "just in case." Get ready, folks. I think the K-12 schools will also shut down in short order and go to online learning for the foreseeable future.

Jack Lambert
03-12-2020, 03:22 PM
They will be the last school district in the state to close if any do.

I agree. DR. Townsend could run china.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-12-2020, 03:25 PM
This sucks. Just when we get hot and Arkansas is sucking, not to mention playing in BR with none of their fans, they post pone. We have the worst luck

Yes there a small percentage dieing from COVID19 and we have the worst luck. Sounds about right.

RocketDawg
03-12-2020, 03:31 PM
NCAA is canceling all winter and spring championships, including baseball, basketball, and softball. Does that include the CWS since it's in the summer?

Scared_Hitless
03-12-2020, 03:34 PM
NCAA is canceling all winter and spring championships, including baseball, basketball, and softball. Does that include the CWS since it's in the summer?

Yes season is over.

BuckyIsAB****
03-12-2020, 09:43 PM

It will take God to cancel my turkey season

BuckyIsAB****
03-12-2020, 09:44 PM
I agree. DR. Townsend could run china.

I will leave this one alone but it is funny