03-11-2020, 08:45 PM
Gobert tests positive days after touching all mics and recorders

BeardoMSU
03-11-2020, 08:49 PM
The media is running wild....this is crazy

Are you a Russian bot?

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-11-2020, 09:09 PM
People are way too quick to downplay COVID-19 and how serious it is.

Italy reported 196 new deaths yesterday alone from it. The Dr for Congress and the Supreme Court told them he expects 70-150M Americans to get it- and we have about 1M hospital beds in the entire nation. This thing has a medical consensus of a 1-3% death rate, so let's assume for optimism sake it's actually .5%... that's 350,000 dead americans based on 70M getting it, with no doubt millions more needing serious hospitalization for the 1-3 weeks treatment takes. That'll add thousands more to the death toll due to hospitals getting overwhemed and say, not being able to give proper care to a car crash victim. America lost 58,000 in Vietnam, 3,000 on 9/11, and 4,000 for Iraq and Afganistan combined.... this thing could be 5x worse than all those put together, and that's not using doomsday numbers.

Washington is reporting new cases fast. South Dakota tested 35 people, 8 came back positive with no interaction between them or outside the country travels. This thing is spreading from American to American. A guy in Rome Ga with it was first told to go home with no test at all because he hadn't traveled outside the US, only because he almost died from it did he get the actual test. Dr's don't have enough tests so are being stingy with it- that means the actual number of cases is far far higher than is being reported. I guarantee you there's a lot more than 1 case in MS, for example, and with how long people go with no symptoms spreading it this thing will balloon fast.

Now, will it get that bad? God I pray it doesn't. But even half the actual death rate on 1/10th the estimated number of people getting infected would be horrific

Dawgcap
03-11-2020, 09:28 PM
But yet we will close colleges or teach on line and wonder why we have a shortage of competent health care providers

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-11-2020, 09:43 PM
But yet we will close colleges or teach on line and wonder why we have a shortage of competent health care providers

this is the dumbest thing i've ever read, and I click on every one of the threads shotgun posts

Closing a college for a few weeks in March 2020 has ZERO bearing on the number of "qualified health care providers" available in March and April of 2020

Jack Lambert
03-12-2020, 02:03 PM
My first thought was they are overreacting but if the measures taking place now were taken in 2009 there would still be 1000's of Americans still alive today.

Dawg2003
03-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Now a second NBA player has tested positive.