View Full Version : The Covid-19 Info thread (keep politics out please)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

hacker
04-21-2020, 10:16 PM
Along the same lines, I just saw this

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-21/california-first-state-coronavirus-tests-without-symptoms

Commercecomet24
04-22-2020, 01:10 AM
Great news.

I think it's an extremely good idea and will be interesting to see the results

Todd4State
04-22-2020, 01:20 AM
Along the same lines, I just saw this

https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-21/california-first-state-coronavirus-tests-without-symptoms

I think this is a good idea. Of course the issue is the availability of tests and how long it takes the test results to come back. And I know they're working on both of those issues as I type this.

BrunswickDawg
04-22-2020, 07:46 AM
For all of you who've been saying it was around earlier......
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-21/autopsies-reveal-first-confirmed-u-s-coronavirus-deaths-occurred-in-bay-area-in-early-february

Confirmed Feb. 6th death in Santa Clara. Article says it may have been in Cali in December.

Todd4State
04-22-2020, 07:52 AM
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-04-21/autopsies-reveal-first-confirmed-u-s-coronavirus-deaths-occurred-in-bay-area-in-early-february

Confirmed Feb. 6th death in Santa Clara. Article says it may have been in Cali in December.

Hopefully that means we are closer to having immunity. I highly suspect more people have had this than they realize.

turkish
04-22-2020, 08:13 AM

Who will be the first on the thread to tell us that the medical examiner is a hack?

BrunswickDawg
04-22-2020, 08:16 AM
Who will be the first on the thread to tell us that the medical examiner is a hack?

Or that LA is starting to label all deaths COVID so they get more money

hacker
04-22-2020, 08:24 AM
April 18-21 projected deaths using the model: 8094
April 18-21 actual deaths: 8169

That's pretty accurate, no?

Why didn't you mention the iHME projection predicting ~ 700 too many deaths on the 19th?

By the way, the reason it always seems so "accurate" is because every few days they update it. They also remove their historical projection and put the actual deaths on the chart.

The model they released on 4/9 (the one where deaths first dropped to 60k) projected our peak at 1900 deaths and was down to 1400 yesterday.

Historical models here:

https://www.covid-projections.com/

Anyway, this model is bad because they pre-selected a bell curve with the peak lasting for a day or two and then dropping. We've been plateaued at around 26k - 32k new cases for the entire month of April.

The 4/9 model also had Spain and Italy at less than 50 daily deaths by now. They're both still around 500 deaths per day.

Cooterpoot
04-22-2020, 08:35 AM

I've already said it but this talk of hospitals getting a bunch of money is false. That's just not true. It doesn't even cover half the cost of COVID patients. Not even close. The only time it's actually close is if it's a medicare patient.

Jack Lambert
04-22-2020, 08:48 AM

I don't know if that is the case here but it is happening. I think the money is being given out equally to each state. I remember seeing somewhere NY was getting 12K per Corna case and Nebraska was receiving 300k per case. I do believe the virus has been with us a lot longer than reported. First of all I don't trust the Chinese and I think they were Knowingly letting their people fly from and to China with the virus everywhere around the world.

confucius say
04-22-2020, 08:51 AM
I've already said it but this talk of hospitals getting a bunch of money is false. That's just not true. It doesn't even cover half the cost of COVID patients. Not even close. The only time it's actually close is if it's a medicare patient.

But they do get money to cover covid 19 treatment that is not otherwise covered, correct?

msstate7
04-22-2020, 09:02 AM
By the way, the reason it always seems so "accurate" is because every few days they update it. They also remove their historical projection and put the actual deaths on the chart.

The model they released on 4/9 (the one where deaths first dropped to 60k) projected our peak at 1900 deaths and was down to 1400 yesterday.

Historical models here:

https://www.covid-projections.com/

Anyway, this model is bad because they pre-selected a bell curve with the peak lasting for a day or two and then dropping. We've been plateaued at around 26k - 32k new cases for the entire month of April.

The 4/9 model also had Spain and Italy at less than 50 daily deaths by now. They're both still around 500 deaths per day.

Adjusting it is a good point.

Has the number of tests daily remained the same throughout April? I honestly don't know. If testing has increased, the same amount of cases daily would be actually be a good thing though, right? If testing has remained the same, then not so much

hacker
04-22-2020, 09:12 AM
Adjusting it is a good point.

Has the number of tests daily remained the same throughout April? I honestly don't know. If testing has increased, the same amount of cases daily would be actually be a good thing though, right? If testing has remained the same, then not so much

It's also plateaued. Dunno what happened on April 4

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWKBhqJVcAAEQ5H?format=jpg&name=large

Johnson85
04-22-2020, 09:31 AM
We have failed on testing on a national level. Getting tests should've been a top priority at the beginning and some states are still limited..... including Alabama. Some places may be stating they are doing state wide testing with drive thru testing blah blah blah. But it's a lie..... it's not easy to get a test unless you are admitted to a hospital or you for they're criteria. We have failed to isolate the virus. But it looks like the government has decided attempt at herd immunity. I don't know about that. Yes, some people are barely having a fever and a cough..... but if this thing gets in your lungs, it doesn't go away for a while. It ****ing sucks.

I think when the CDC 17ed up their test kits, the ship sailed on containment. We need a lot more tests now for that strategy, and also have to deal with the fact that just about every country needs tons of tests per population now.

Jack Lambert
04-22-2020, 09:34 AM
I think when the CDC 17ed up their test kits, the ship sailed on containment. We need a lot more tests now for that strategy, and also have to deal with the fact that just about every country needs tons of tests per population now.

The test is useless. Just because I am negative today doesn't mean I will be negative tomorrow or the next day. With that said I don't care to know if I am positive or not. What I want to know have I had it.

confucius say
04-22-2020, 10:38 AM
The test is useless. Just because I am negative today doesn't mean I will be negative tomorrow or the next day. With that said I don't care to know if I am positive or not. What I want to know have I had it.

Yea I think the importance of tests for the virus is minimal compared to the importance of a test that would tell you whether you've been exposed to it already. All the resources need to go towards antibody testing.

Dawgfan77
04-22-2020, 11:40 AM
Cares act
Under the legislation, hospitals can receive 15 percent additional funding from Medicare if they report patients who aren?t initially admitted to the hospital for COVID-19 but then while admitted either test positive initially or as ?secondary diagnosis.?

The bill states: ?For discharges occurring during the emergency period described in section 1135(g)(1)(B), in the case of a discharge that has a principal or secondary diagnosis of COVID?19, the Secretary shall increase the weighting factor for each diagnosis-related group (with such a principal or secondary diagnosis) by 15 percent.?

Johnson85
04-22-2020, 11:46 AM

If the number of cases is small enough, you can use the test to contain the spread, but now that it's pretty widespread, they're projecting we need something crazy like 21 million tests a day or week to start with now for that containment strategy. That's why I think the continued shutdown when we have excess hospital capacity is counterproductive. If the people I am reading know what their talking about (and I don't know enough ot really judge their credentials), we aren't going to get close to the testing capacity needed to contain the spread through testing and contact tracing, so we're just extending teh pain for mostly no benefit at this point.

msstate7
04-22-2020, 11:50 AM
If the number of cases is small enough, you can use the test to contain the spread, but now that it's pretty widespread, they're projecting we need something crazy like 21 million tests a day or week to start with now for that containment strategy. That's why I think the continued shutdown when we have excess hospital capacity is counterproductive. If the people I am reading know what their talking about (and I don't know enough ot really judge their credentials), we aren't going to get close to the testing capacity needed to contain the spread through testing and contact tracing, so we're just extending teh pain for mostly no benefit at this point.

What's your best plan to get going? Open up and just tough it out or some sort of open/close/open deal?

SheltonChoked
04-22-2020, 11:50 AM
Yea I think the importance of tests for the virus is minimal compared to the importance of a test that would tell you whether you've been exposed to it already. All the resources need to go towards antibody testing.

You need both

An antibody test to see who has had it, (and throetically can end social distancing)

And a test to see who has it now. So you can isolate them and contact trace.

By being able to isolate the people that have it, and release the immune, we can open back up faster.

Otherwise we are just yoyoing around overwhelming the medical system...

redstickdawg
04-22-2020, 11:54 AM

It is definitely happening. An acquaintance has an elderly family member suffer multiple heart attacks (prior heart issues) in a nursing home and the pass away and was classed as a covid death even though never tested and also there were cases of covid in the nursing home.

Jack Lambert
04-22-2020, 12:07 PM
You need both

An antibody test to see who has had it, (and throetically can end social distancing)

And a test to see who has it now. So you can isolate them and contact trace.

By being able to isolate the people that have it, and release the immune, we can open back up faster.

Otherwise we are just yoyoing around overwhelming the medical system...

The only need for the virus test is if you have symptoms and they are testing to see if you have it. Testing to trace the virus is really stupid and is only being used to slow down the reopening. There is no way you can test 100 million workers every single day. Just because you are negative today doesn't mean you are negative tomorrow. However if you test to see if I have had it, that is a one time test and that make sense.

SheltonChoked
04-22-2020, 12:12 PM
The only need for the virus test is if you have symptoms and they are testing to see if you have it. Testing to trace the virus is really stupid and is only being used to slow down the reopening. There is no way you can test 100 million workers every single day. Just because you are negative today doesn't mean you are negative tomorrow. However if you test to see if I have had it, that is a one time test and that make sense.

That's not true at all

There are too many people that NEVER show symptoms and still spread the virus.

If you are negative today and not negative tomorrow, it's because you got the virus...

Contact tracing tells you who has been exposed.

If you isolate those positive and those exposed to positive tests, then you can re open

What you propose does nothing to help re open...

Johnson85
04-22-2020, 12:36 PM
What's your best plan to get going? Open up and just tough it out or some sort of open/close/open deal?

If I were a governor, I think I'd be opening things up and encouraging social distancing and trying to get as many people as possible to use masks in public, and just shut things down when the healthcare system got overwhelmed. Maybe start off by doing one week relaxed and then one week put the shutdown back in place to see what happens to hospital capacity over the next week. If there is not a noticeable spike, do it for two weeks the next time maybe, until you have an idea of what the spread looks like without mandatory shutdown of anything. Maybe shut down things like conferences, concerts, and other big gatherings because a super spread event their can quickly overwhelm the healthcare system.

But again, that's based on the assumption that we don't have the ability to ramp up capacity for contact tracing and testing at this point. Some of the states that have relatively little spread might be able to do contact tracing and it might make sense for them to stay locked down if they think they can have adequate testing in a couple of weeks.

SheltonChoked
04-22-2020, 01:17 PM
If I were a governor, I think I'd be opening things up and encouraging social distancing and trying to get as many people as possible to use masks in public, and just shut things down when the healthcare system got overwhelmed. Maybe start off by doing one week relaxed and then one week put the shutdown back in place to see what happens to hospital capacity over the next week. If there is not a noticeable spike, do it for two weeks the next time maybe, until you have an idea of what the spread looks like without mandatory shutdown of anything. Maybe shut down things like conferences, concerts, and other big gatherings because a super spread event their can quickly overwhelm the healthcare system.

But again, that's based on the assumption that we don't have the ability to ramp up capacity for contact tracing and testing at this point. Some of the states that have relatively little spread might be able to do contact tracing and it might make sense for them to stay locked down if they think they can have adequate testing in a couple of weeks.

You know there is a 2 week lag in the "got infected date" and "Needs a hospital date"?

so is that the plan? open up 2 weeks, then shut it down for 2 weeks? until March?

or, should we use a centralized system to get the materials we need to expend testing?

if only there was some sort of act that granted an entity power to do that...

Jack Lambert
04-22-2020, 01:31 PM
That's not true at all

There are too many people that NEVER show symptoms and still spread the virus.

If you are negative today and not negative tomorrow, it's because you got the virus...

Contact tracing tells you who has been exposed.

If you isolate those positive and those exposed to positive tests, then you can re open

What you propose does nothing to help re open...

So you are going to test me everyday? That is impossible. This whole thing is stupid and you are not changing my mind on it. Lets go back to work. This pushing to test 360 million ameircans is just bull shit to keep from opening the economy to hurt Trump as much as possible and for political bull shit they are costing 1000's of Americans everything,

Johnson85
04-22-2020, 01:32 PM
You know there is a 2 week lag in the "got infected date" and "Needs a hospital date"?

so is that the plan? open up 2 weeks, then shut it down for 2 weeks? until March?

or, should we use a centralized system to get the materials we need to expend testing?

if only there was some sort of act that granted an entity power to do that...

As long as you are testing people with symptoms, you don't have to wait until they're hospitalized to have an idea of what is coming. If you have shut down for a week and at the end of the next week you are seeing a spike in positive cases, that's a good indication to keep it shut down a second week. Certainly won't be perfect, but better than spending a month with empty hospitals and a shut down economy.

And you are expecting a lot of competence out of the government bureaucracy that 17ed up testing in the first place. That's a massive undertaking that it's not clear to me we can do. I think we should be able to do it. But we seem to have a pretty shitty bureaucracy at the federal level.

confucius say
04-22-2020, 01:55 PM
That's not true at all

There are too many people that NEVER show symptoms and still spread the virus...

Antibody test would tell you the same thing, no?

Testing to determine positive/negative for covid is largely a waste of time and money at this point. You are only going to go through the trouble to get tested if you show symptoms. By that time, regardless if your test is positive or negative, you are isolating and being told by your doctor to isolate as long as you show symptoms if you are negative (and an additional 14 days if you are positive). If you have no symptoms, the much more useful test is an antibody test.

Antibody testing is the key to reopening to the economy and that is where the resources should be directed.

Commercecomet24
04-22-2020, 01:57 PM

Testing to determine positive/negative for covid is largely a waste of time and money at this point. You are only going to go through the trouble to get tested if you show symptoms. By that time, regardless if your test is positive or negative, you are isolating and being told by your doctor to isolate as long as you show symptoms if you are negative (and an additional 14 days if you are positive). If you have no symptoms, the much more useful test is an antibody test.

Antibody testing is the key to reopening to the economy and that is where the resources should be directed.

This is correct course of action according to people who know a whole heckuva lot more than i do about this.

ETA I have to add though is anyone really sure about anything anymore?

StateDawg44
04-22-2020, 02:04 PM
As long as you are testing people with symptoms, you don't have to wait until they're hospitalized to have an idea of what is coming. If you have shut down for a week and at the end of the next week you are seeing a spike in positive cases, that's a good indication to keep it shut down a second week. Certainly won't be perfect, but better than spending a month with empty hospitals and a shut down economy.

And you are expecting a lot of competence out of the government bureaucracy that 17ed up testing in the first place. That's a massive undertaking that it's not clear to me we can do. I think we should be able to do it. But we seem to have a pretty shitty bureaucracy at the federal level.

"what is coming."??? If they test positive it is already here.

You make it seem like everyone who tests positive requires hospitalization.

confucius say
04-22-2020, 02:32 PM
This is correct course of action according to people who know a whole heckuva lot more than i do about this.

ETA I have to add though is anyone really sure about anything anymore?

I'm sure that university of Mississippi sucks at sports. Hope that counts.

hacker
04-22-2020, 02:48 PM
Checking in on Sweden and its neighbors

https://i.imgur.com/oQmotgc.png

https://i.imgur.com/dFddmra.png

You can see exactly where the lockdown started having an effect on the second chart. They were tracking almost exactly the same before.

Commercecomet24
04-22-2020, 03:02 PM

Rep Given! I concur on that one! I might add unm pretty much sucks at everything.

Johnson85
04-22-2020, 03:34 PM
"what is coming."??? If they test positive it is already here.

You make it seem like everyone who tests positive requires hospitalization.

You have to read the post I was responding to.

THe number of positive cases tells you what is coming as far as hospitalizations not as far as how many positive cases you will have (although it will give you a rough idea there too). So you don't wait until you see the hospitals overwhelmed, at that point, not only is your hospital overrun, you've got a lot more cases coming. But we have a rough idea of how many cases will require hospitalizations. If you see a big enough spike in cases that your hospital capacity is going to be under pressure (or even just a growth rate that will result in that), you clamp back down.

Still might end up having your hospitals overwhelmed because there is still a lag, but it's not a two week lag.

BeardoMSU
04-22-2020, 06:22 PM
This type of shit really doesn't help...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/us/coronavirus-live-coverage.html?fbclid=IwAR2qd1GcgRBgjLyGG9_Q9ws8tqk hKQMTkkzk7jz0xaqY0a8Vkp82ffRYIn4&fbclid=IwAR0otVvQcygHon58W0n0UmMUVhPbyTjTD2a6rW5Ms 6-IYRDncTPnUzbe7Ys&fbclid=IwAR0Edkl7XnUtp8hf03aROshDsRPk3B4c2Zf75k7h8 dAetbg_J8feu4AXM-8&fbclid=IwAR2lAeWj-GI2wQ3Dy9Zdf-RC2xr7TPBfUME__ZhD2JXd05PcvztSeJrj77E&fbclid=IwAR0DPTMn_o7KopTAZ68BessKfo5V1r5bc1-VXyu9xLsicJ-zRVWu_VyDl5I&fbclid=IwAR0mjdAqoUT49D8VdVGCi1UKFEfPAeuqhExsr9dap 2-MiW5P_00q-qTl-xw

Edit: if true, obviously.

Edit #2: an interesting addendum/counter to the original NYT piece that gives a bit more background to the timeline and minutia of it all...

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/22/hhs-ousts-vaccine-expert-as-covid-19-threat-grows-201642?__twitter_impression=true

msstate7
04-22-2020, 06:36 PM
Checking in on Sweden and its neighbors

https://i.imgur.com/oQmotgc.png

https://i.imgur.com/dFddmra.png

You can see exactly where the lockdown started having an effect on the second chart. They were tracking almost exactly the same before.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/04/22/no-lockdown-in-sweden-but-stockholm-could-see-herd-immunity-in-weeks.html?fbclid=IwAR2aWCGl_xZWvYyd6HlaHNeoDAlVaX qEE1uU0Zr-dQ763sfYXfZNqGGNdKg

Be interesting to see if Sweden's strategy really does start paying off soon

dantheman4248
04-22-2020, 06:47 PM

Hear hear

BeardoMSU
04-22-2020, 07:53 PM
This type of shit really doesn't help...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/us/coronavirus-live-coverage.html?fbclid=IwAR2qd1GcgRBgjLyGG9_Q9ws8tqk hKQMTkkzk7jz0xaqY0a8Vkp82ffRYIn4&fbclid=IwAR0otVvQcygHon58W0n0UmMUVhPbyTjTD2a6rW5Ms 6-IYRDncTPnUzbe7Ys&fbclid=IwAR0Edkl7XnUtp8hf03aROshDsRPk3B4c2Zf75k7h8 dAetbg_J8feu4AXM-8&fbclid=IwAR2lAeWj-GI2wQ3Dy9Zdf-RC2xr7TPBfUME__ZhD2JXd05PcvztSeJrj77E&fbclid=IwAR0DPTMn_o7KopTAZ68BessKfo5V1r5bc1-VXyu9xLsicJ-zRVWu_VyDl5I&fbclid=IwAR0mjdAqoUT49D8VdVGCi1UKFEfPAeuqhExsr9dap 2-MiW5P_00q-qTl-xw

Edit: if true, obviously.

Edit #2: an interesting addendum/counter to the original NYT piece that gives a bit more background to the timeline and minutia of it all...

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/04/22/hhs-ousts-vaccine-expert-as-covid-19-threat-grows-201642?__twitter_impression=true

I've updated this post, btw.

Joebob
04-22-2020, 10:26 PM

This is why you’re not in charge.

StateDawg44
04-23-2020, 07:11 AM
You have to read the post I was responding to.

THe number of positive cases tells you what is coming as far as hospitalizations not as far as how many positive cases you will have (although it will give you a rough idea there too). So you don't wait until you see the hospitals overwhelmed, at that point, not only is your hospital overrun, you've got a lot more cases coming. But we have a rough idea of how many cases will require hospitalizations. If you see a big enough spike in cases that your hospital capacity is going to be under pressure (or even just a growth rate that will result in that), you clamp back down.

Still might end up having your hospitals overwhelmed because there is still a lag, but it's not a two-week lag.

I did.

So starting testing in February even though the virus was here and elsewhere in December gives you the heads up you think you needed? That sounds like a 2 month lag to me.

And even though some of the test results take up to 2 weeks to get back?? Yet that's supposed to give the hospitals/country time to prepare for what's coming? Just from results saying positive or negative? Who know how long been positive or negative though.

And like Jack said. Being tested one day doesn't mean you don't contract it in the following days.

I would bet there are multiple people who got tested, 2 weeks later found out they were negative, but then in the 2-week wait, contracted the virus unknowingly. Good thing we got their negative results in though. That does us some good now.

Johnson85
04-23-2020, 08:10 AM
I did.

So starting testing in February even though the virus was here and elsewhere in December gives you the heads up you think you needed? That sounds like a 2 month lag to me.

And even though some of the test results take up to 2 weeks to get back?? Yet that's supposed to give the hospitals/country time to prepare for what's coming? Just from results saying positive or negative? Who know how long been positive or negative though.

And like Jack said. Being tested one day doesn't mean you don't contract it in the following days.

I would bet there are multiple people who got tested, 2 weeks later found out they were negative, but then in the 2-week wait, contracted the virus unknowingly. Good thing we got their negative results in though. That does us some good now.

Then maybe you need to read more posts back because you are apparently lost as to what we are talking about.

We're not talking about using tests back in December or February. We're talking about using tests now to guide how restrictive our mitigation efforts need to be to keep our healthcare system from being overwhelmed. And it doesn't matter if somebody tests negative and then later contracts the virus. I mean, it matters to them obviously, but it just means they would get retested. THere would be some people who contract it so soon after testing that they don't get retested b/c they assume it is whatever they were dealing with before, and they would essentially have the same impact as false negatives. They'll have an impact, but it will be in the noise.

So to reexplain, we look at our hospital capacity remaining, and the number of positive cases. We know roughly what percentage of cases will require hospitalization and then ICU care, so we can look at the number of positive cases and predict what kind of hospitalizations and ICU needs there will be in a week. We can also see whether the virus is spreading more or less quickly (really as of about 4-7 days before the tests because of typical lags between infection and symptoms). That will give a rough idea of whether we can loosen up mitigation measures for the next week without overwhelming our healthcare system or whether we need to stay the same or even tighten back up. Won't be perfect, but seems like a viable plan. Basically similar to what the whitehouse has proposed but altered to recognize the fact that their gate keeping doesn't make sense for areas that haven't already reached their healthcare capacity.

StateDawg44
04-23-2020, 08:16 AM
Then maybe you need to read more posts back because you are apparently lost as to what we are talking about.

We're not talking about using tests back in December or February. We're talking about using tests now to guide how restrictive our mitigation efforts need to be to keep our healthcare system from being overwhelmed. And it doesn't matter if somebody tests negative and then later contracts the virus. I mean, it matters to them obviously, but it just means they would get retested. THere would be some people who contract it so soon after testing that they don't get retested b/c they assume it is whatever they were dealing with before, and they would essentially have the same impact as false negatives. They'll have an impact, but it will be in the noise.

So to reexplain, we look at our hospital capacity remaining, and the number of positive cases. We know roughly what percentage of cases will require hospitalization and then ICU care, so we can look at the number of positive cases and predict what kind of hospitalizations and ICU needs there will be in a week. We can also see whether the virus is spreading more or less quickly (really as of about 4-7 days before the tests because of typical lags between infection and symptoms). That will give a rough idea of whether we can loosen up mitigation measures for the next week without overwhelming our healthcare system or whether we need to stay the same or even tighten back up. Won't be perfect, but seems like a viable plan. Basically similar to what the whitehouse has proposed but altered to recognize the fact that their gate keeping doesn't make sense for areas that haven't already reached their healthcare capacity.

No we don't because we don't know how many people have had it and have antibodies.

Johnson85
04-23-2020, 08:32 AM
No we don't because we don't know how many people have had it and have antibodies.

Not the percentage of all cases. THe percentage of positive cases. We are still basically only testing people who are symptomatic. We have been testing symptomatic people and have an idea of how many of those will be hospitalized based on prior experience in Mississippi and can also get information from elsewhere. To the extent we were limiting testing before and are now not limited, we may have to adjust the expected percentage of hospitalizations down as we are testing people that wouldn't have been tested before, but that's an adjustment that can be ball parked reasonably well. Or we can just adjust it going forward based on actual experience if we want to be more conservative.

Dawgology
04-23-2020, 08:44 AM

This is correct. It would appear that the majority of individuals that get Coronavirus are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms that barely register with them while the second largest group shows symptoms comparable with a seasonal cold or flu. A smaller percentage requires hospitalization while a very slim percentage die. We won't know the real R0 value or infected numbers for another 2 years probably.

The most effective stop gap measure right now would be a rapid antibody test combined with testing for Covid-19 if you begin feeling sick (for contact tracing). If you have the antibody then you get back to work. In fact, if you have the antibody right now then you would be a desireable job candidate for many reasons. Mass testing for having the diease will just give you a snap shot at the time and is unrealistic in a country the size (geographically) of America and with 360 million people.

defiantdog
04-23-2020, 09:13 AM
This is correct. It would appear that the majority of individuals that get Coronavirus are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms that barely register with them while the second largest group shows symptoms comparable with a seasonal cold or flu. A smaller percentage requires hospitalization while a very slim percentage die. We won't know the real R0 value or infected numbers for another 2 years probably.

The most effective stop gap measure right now would be a rapid antibody test combined with testing for Covid-19 if you begin feeling sick (for contact tracing). If you have the antibody then you get back to work. In fact, if you have the antibody right now then you would be a desireable job candidate for many reasons. Mass testing for having the diease will just give you a snap shot at the time and is unrealistic in a country the size (geographically) of America and with 360 million people.
Ha! We couldn't even mass test for people with symptoms. The Alabama governor admitted that under 1% of people in Alabama have been tested. There is no way we will mass test for antibodies. Healthcare workers are amazing and doing a great job. Unfortunately, the administrators are doing an awful job. That includes Fauci and his self righteous speeches. Get something done Fauci..... do your job. Quit telling people it's okay to lose your job because you don't want to expedite a vaccine. It's ridiculous how he can get on every media platform and tell us what we're doing wrong and how many people are going to die. The guy may be a decent doctor, but he can't produce results. He keeps telling us what we're doing wrong, but he won't tell us how to properly fix the issue. Staying home forever isn't going to fix the issue because some people won't have a home to stay at. A vaccine needs to be his top priority..... not bad talking with the media.

Dawgology
04-23-2020, 09:25 AM
Ha! We couldn't even mass test for people with symptoms. The Alabama governor admitted that under 1% of people in Alabama have been tested. There is no way we will mass test for antibodies. Healthcare workers are amazing and doing a great job. Unfortunately, the administrators are doing an awful job. That includes Fauci and his self righteous speeches. Get something done Fauci..... do your job. Quit telling people it's okay to lose your job because you don't want to expedite a vaccine. It's ridiculous how he can get on every media platform and tell us what we're doing wrong and how many people are going to die. The guy may be a decent doctor, but he can't produce results. He keeps telling us what we're doing wrong, but he won't tell us how to properly fix the issue. Staying home forever isn't going to fix the issue because some people won't have a home to stay at. A vaccine needs to be his top priority..... not bad talking with the media.

Antibody testing could be done from home with an assay test and swab. That's how it should be done. It's just a serological test.

Or you could do an at home collection kit and mail it in.

StateDawg44
04-23-2020, 09:31 AM
Not the percentage of all cases. THe percentage of positive cases. We are still basically only testing people who are symptomatic. We have been testing symptomatic people and have an idea of how many of those will be hospitalized based on prior experience in Mississippi and can also get information from elsewhere. To the extent we were limiting testing before and are now not limited, we may have to adjust the expected percentage of hospitalizations down as we are testing people that wouldn't have been tested before, but that's an adjustment that can be ball parked reasonably well. Or we can just adjust it going forward based on actual experience if we want to be more conservative.

Again, you can't and won't get that true number (or reasonable ballpark figure) ever because of the wide range of asymptomatic and heavily symptomatic.

Expedite a vaccine???? What does that even mean? Name the last vaccine that was expedited.

I'm not defending Fauci because like every other human on earth. He has no actual clue about any of this. Everyone is guessing and still collecting data. EVERYBODY. Unfortunately, there still isn't enough for anyone to do anything with the data.

Dawgology
04-23-2020, 09:37 AM
Again, you can't and won't get that true number (or reasonable ballpark figure) ever because of the wide range of asymptomatic and heavily symptomatic.

Expedite a vaccine???? What does that even mean? Name the last vaccine that was expedited.

I'm not defending Fauci because like every other human on earth. He has no actual clue about any of this. Everyone is guessing and still collecting data. EVERYBODY. Unfortunately, there still isn't enough for anyone to do anything with the data.

Outside of using it for political leverage and manipulating the public.

StateDawg44
04-23-2020, 09:38 AM
Outside of using it for political leverage and manipulating the public.

What's new...?

BeardoMSU
04-23-2020, 09:56 AM

Lots to unpack here...

Dawgology
04-23-2020, 10:05 AM

Always a great plan to expedite a vaccine. Always.******************************************* ************************

StateDawg44
04-23-2020, 10:16 AM
Always a great plan to expedite a vaccine. Always.******************************************* ************************

Yeah, sign me up to have some unproven lab-made crap injected into me. ******

Liverpooldawg
04-23-2020, 10:21 AM
Antibody testing could be done from home with an assay test and swab. That's how it should be done. It's just a serological test.

I take it you haven't seen how this one has to be done. No way that can be done at home.

chef dixon
04-23-2020, 10:52 AM

To add onto post above:

Serology means the "study of blood." Any antibody test is going to be a blood test unfortunately. Swabs can only detect the virus itself.

msstate7
04-23-2020, 12:40 PM
Antibody testing in NY...

https://www.pix11.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-antibody-study-shows-wide-exposure-across-ny-cuomo

Commercecomet24
04-23-2020, 12:46 PM

https://www.pix11.com/news/coronavirus/covid-19-antibody-study-shows-wide-exposure-across-ny-cuomo

Yes as more and more of these studies are completed you're seeing the same results. Way more people have been exposed and have recovered.

Cooterpoot
04-23-2020, 01:00 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dronedj.com/2020/04/20/covid-19-drones-provoking-political-backlash-in-us/amp/

Whoop! There goes more freedom.

confucius say
04-23-2020, 01:36 PM

Huge and terrific news! Study is limited I know, but shows 14% of people have antibodies and a mortality rate of .5%. Much better.

ETA: it's time to slowly start opening things up. I like the idea of under 50 and healthy going back first, with those over 50 or with underlying conditions remaining sheltered. Let's restart America!

Jack Lambert
04-23-2020, 01:56 PM
Yeah, sign me up to have some unproven lab-made crap injected into me. ******

My understanding they are looking for volunteers and they are paying well.

Johnson85
04-23-2020, 02:01 PM
Again, you can't and won't get that true number (or reasonable ballpark figure) ever because of the wide range of asymptomatic and heavily symptomatic. And again, you don't need the number of actual infected. This is not about figuring out the actual number of infected. It's about using the trend in positive cases, as in cases where the person took a test and it came back positive, to guide how we increase or reduce restrictive mitigation measures.
IF there are a lot more cases out there that are asymptomatic than we thought (which seems reasonably likely at this point although the extent of it is up in the air), and we get antibody tests available soon enough, we can use results of the antibody tests to guide policy. Or if they don't become available before we get something close to herd immunity, then we'll see the new confirmed cases reducing regardless of how we are opening up the economy.

Todd4State
04-23-2020, 03:12 PM
My understanding they are looking for volunteers and they are paying well.

And with about a 99% survival rate? Sign me up and give me some money.

SheltonChoked
04-23-2020, 03:51 PM

No it won't

You need both.

An antibody test let's you know if a person can go back to normal.

A Covid test let's you know who to isolate.

If you just antibody test, why test at all? because you are admitting everyone will get it, and you'll kill people.

If you just Test for positives, you shutdown forever..

confucius say
04-23-2020, 05:32 PM
No it won't

You need both.

An antibody test let's you know if a person can go back to normal.

A Covid test let's you know who to isolate.

If you just antibody test, why test at all? because you are admitting everyone will get it, and you'll kill people.

If you just Test for positives, you shutdown forever..

You say a covid test lets you know who to isolate. Are you recommending testing everyone without symptoms? Every day? That's the only way it would make sense, Because if you are only recommending testing those with symptoms, those people are isolating regardless of test results.

And how is testing for antibodies admitting everyone will get it? The screenshot sent to me today by a nurse prac (no idea how accurate) shows the transmissible rate between two people wearing masks is 1.5%. Testing for antibodies just tells people whether they need to take a cautious approach (mask) or not as they get back to work.

The data (transmissible rate with masks and antibody tests) shows we should be back at work soon. Almost time to restart America!

dawgday166
04-23-2020, 07:02 PM
Hear hear

This is a lucid, coherent, well-thought out post.

Commercecomet24
04-23-2020, 07:08 PM
This is a lucid, coherent, well-thought out post.

Somebody's been watching my cousin vinny lol!

dawgday166
04-23-2020, 07:14 PM
Somebody's been watching my cousin vinny lol!

Haha ... I couldn't use the objection part tho or would've posted the video.

Joebob
04-23-2020, 07:23 PM
Huge and terrific news! Study is limited I know, but shows 14% of people have antibodies and a mortality rate of .5%. Much better.

ETA: it's time to slowly start opening things up. I like the idea of under 50 and healthy going back first, with those over 50 or with underlying conditions remaining sheltered. Let's restart America!

Have you thought about the details of how you would actually pull that off? I?m thinking not.

Commercecomet24
04-23-2020, 07:29 PM
Haha ... I couldn't use the objection part tho or would've posted the video.

Love that movie!

Homedawg
04-23-2020, 07:42 PM
Have you thought about the details of how you would actually pull that off? I?m thinking not.
So how long you think we should be sheltered??

confucius say
04-23-2020, 08:16 PM

I'm thinking it would be pretty simple. Do exactly what I explained (with a mask). And If a specific employer cannot operate in that fashion because it has too many people over 50 or with underlying health conditions, then that employer stays closed longer.

I'm not saying it's perfect or the only way to reopen. I'm open to all suggestions, but reopening in the next 30 days is going to begin happening, and it should. We've slowed the spread and the curve, which was the intention. Time to restart America!

hacker
04-23-2020, 08:46 PM

Extendedcab
04-23-2020, 09:28 PM

Aaron Rupar, misquotes Trump if indeed that is a quote. Trump did NOT say that a disinfectant injected into a human would work. He asked a question if we could have SOMETHING LIKE a disinfectant we could inject inside a human to destroy the virus.

hacker
04-23-2020, 10:11 PM
Aaron Rupar, misquotes Trump if indeed that is a quote. Trump did NOT say that a disinfectant injected into a human would work. He asked a question if we could have SOMETHING LIKE a disinfectant we could inject inside a human to destroy the virus.

Lol.

He quoted him correctly and it's still completely asinine. "something like that" are filler words he always uses. Listen to it for what it's worth.

Won't be surprised if there's a dead body from somebody shooting up lysol in the next day or two.

TUSK
04-24-2020, 12:11 AM
Won't be surprised if there's a dead body from somebody shooting up lysol in the next day or two.

One can only hope that Natural Selection makes a comeback....

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2020, 06:50 AM

Even Lysol understood the danger of what he said -

https://twitter.com/itvjoel/status/1253613696393281537?s=21

Extendedcab
04-24-2020, 08:25 AM
TDS at it best ...

dantheman4248
04-24-2020, 08:35 AM
One can only hope that Natural Selection makes a comeback....

As much as I'm fully pro-life... lmfao. I really can't deny that sometimes NS is gonna run it's course. Holy shit.

It's wholly ironic that the boomer generation now have their version of tide pods.

The danger of what he said is that his followers WILL take it as that's a possible cure and you will hear some idiot doing this. It's a comment that only hurts Trump and people who attend his church.

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 08:49 AM
TDS at it best ...

More like cult of personality, but ok.

Extendedcab
04-24-2020, 09:27 AM
As much as I'm fully pro-life... lmfao. I really can't deny that sometimes NS is gonna run it's course. Holy shit.

It's wholly ironic that the boomer generation now have their version of tide pods.

The danger of what he said is that his followers WILL take it as that's a possible cure and you will hear some idiot doing this. It's a comment that only hurts Trump and people who attend his church.

AGAIN, YOU DO NOT GET IT. IT IS NOT TRUMP! We do not worship him, he is the face or voice of our beliefs!! Get over it comrade!!! Tell Putin hello will you!!!

hacker
04-24-2020, 09:35 AM
AGAIN, YOU DO NOT GET IT. IT IS NOT TRUMP! We do not worship him, he is the face or voice of our beliefs!! Get over it comrade!!! Tell Putin hello will you!!!

He could have a firehose full of coronavirus spraying it at people and you'd justify it somehow.

"WELL WE JUST NEEDED TO GET EVERYONE INFECTED SO WE COULD GET THIS OVER WITH"

It literally does not matter what he does. He is above criticism for you. That is the definition of worship and idolatry.

Gutter Cobreh
04-24-2020, 09:36 AM
Lol.

He quoted him correctly and it's still completely asinine. "something like that" are filler words he always uses. Listen to it for what it's worth.

What is wrong with what he's suggesting? I've known people that rub motor oil on their skin to help their joints move better!! Same thing in my book!!!***

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 09:39 AM
What is wrong with what he's suggesting? I've known people that rub motor oil on their skin to help their joints move better!! Same thing in my book!!!***

I learned from the movie Fight Club "Did you know: you can use motor oil to fertilize your lawn"***

msstate7
04-24-2020, 09:40 AM
Obviously trump wasn't proposing injecting disinfectants. I don't think there would be a way to "disinfect" the human body; but radiation as a cancer treatment seems like wild idea to me, and it's a medical procedure

Extendedcab
04-24-2020, 09:44 AM
He could have a firehose full of coronavirus spraying it at people and you'd justify it somehow.

"WELL WE JUST NEEDED TO GET EVERYONE INFECTED SO WE COULD GET THIS OVER WITH"

It literally does not matter what he does. He is above criticism for you. That is the definition of worship and idolatry.

TDS - definition of hate at its best. You can't get over you candidate lost - 4 years ago. Snowflake!! Take your propaganda back to dady Putin!!!

Why does dantheman, Beardo and you keep bringing politics back into this discussion? This thread was correcting itself back to discussing COVID, death rates, recovery, etc but you went back to the political bias. MOVE ON or get off!!

hacker
04-24-2020, 09:46 AM
TDS - definition of hate at its best. You can't get over you candidate lost - 4 years ago. Snowflake!! Take your propaganda back to dady Putin!!!

Why does dantheman, Beardo and you keep bringing politics back into this discussion? This thread was correcting itself back to discussing COVID, death rates, recovery, etc but you went back to the political bias. MOVE ON or get off!!

ok boomer

hacker
04-24-2020, 09:51 AM
Speaking of numbers, Johns Hopkins shows US deaths above 3000 yesterday, which is more than 9/11

Worldometers shows 2300 so I dunno what's up with that.

hacker
04-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Speaking of numbers, Johns Hopkins shows US deaths above 3000 yesterday, which is more than 9/11

I guess it's just the time zone difference because they have the same total deaths around 50k. Anyone still believe the 60k model?

msstate7
04-24-2020, 09:55 AM

Does JH have the state breakdown? Should be able to see the discrepancies there

dantheman4248
04-24-2020, 09:57 AM

So he's like Mohammad? Similar teachings to Christianity, but something is just not quite right.

msstate7
04-24-2020, 09:59 AM
I guess it's just the time zone difference because they have the same total deaths around 50k. Anyone still believe the 60k model?

Looks like 60 was an underestimate. High 5 on the increasing death total, I guess

defiantdog
04-24-2020, 09:59 AM
Some of y'all are in a rude awakening if Biden becomes president. That dude is an acorn short of a tree.

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 10:00 AM

You're a caricature, lol.

msstate7
04-24-2020, 10:02 AM
Some of y'all are in a rude awakening if Biden becomes president. That dude is an acorn short of a tree.

It's a damn shame that trump vs Biden is the best we can offer as a country. I want trump bc I trust him much more on the economy, but I still would rather Cruz like I did from the beginning

dantheman4248
04-24-2020, 10:02 AM
BTW Russia now is what Trump wants to turn us into. Putin is the blue print that he is following. Control the money to control the country and eradicate any opposition. You're the comrade if you support him.

hacker
04-24-2020, 10:10 AM
It's a damn shame that trump vs Biden is the best we can offer as a country.

I said this exact thing to someone earlier this morning.

Not entirely serious, but not entirely joking either: I think it's about time to dissolve like the USSR did

Extendedcab
04-24-2020, 10:11 AM
ok boomer

With age comes wisdom. Older (Mature) adults are better at interpreting the correct slope of a hill than young adults, which researchers believe is because of greater life experience. With age comes wisdom, at least when it comes to knowing that things aren't always as they appear.

hacker
04-24-2020, 10:18 AM
Scott County up to 200 cases. More than Rankin, Madison, Harrison and some other higher population areas.

msstate7
04-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Scott County up to 200 cases. More than Rankin, Madison, Harrison and some other higher population areas.

Chicken plants

Jack Lambert
04-24-2020, 10:23 AM
Chicken plants

I was thinking STD's and incest but you are probably right.

dantheman4248
04-24-2020, 10:23 AM
With age comes wisdom. Older (Mature) adults are better at interpreting the correct slope of a hill than young adults, which researchers believe is because of greater life experience. With age comes wisdom, at least when it comes to knowing that things aren't always as they appear.

Like how Trump appears to be a good upstanding Christian man, but in reality he has had multiple divorces and infidelity rampant. Celebrates pleasures of the flesh in private. Has floated the idea of having his name on everything. Actually in this regard he sounds very biblical. Pretty sure I reveled in a particular book about him or at least a similar caricature.

Commercecomet24
04-24-2020, 10:34 AM
This thread has become like a multi car pileup. Painful to watch but can't look away.

Cooterpoot
04-24-2020, 10:35 AM
All you fools arguing over who's the best president is laughable. The president has as much effect on government as throwing a rock in the Rez. Presidents are mouth pieces other than appointments. They're either a social justice fool or a war monger.
Far right and far left is the problem. Trump is a damn embarrassment on social media and in pressers. He's a damn fool! Joe Biden is lifetime politician with at a minimum, early signs of dementia. Both have trouble keeping their hands off women. So you guys keep arguing over useless slobber.

Extendedcab
04-24-2020, 10:43 AM
Like how Trump appears to be a good upstanding Christian man, but in reality he has had multiple divorces and infidelity rampant. Celebrates pleasures of the flesh in private. Has floated the idea of having his name on everything. Actually in this regard he sounds very biblical. Pretty sure I reveled in a particular book about him or at least a similar caricature.

If you understood what the new birth (salvation - a pointing time where God accepts you as his own and your worldview/actions/thoughs changes) is you would understand how stupid your response is. Go study the Bible and tell me if Moses (killed an egyptian) was qualified from a human point of view to lead the Israelis or King David (killed many men in battle and one not in battle - Uriah - and his unfaithfulness), or the many others in the Bible and those throughout history. You are a Pharisee (wise in your own eyes but an idiot to others):

1. They taught about God but did not love God – they did not enter the kingdom of heaven themselves, nor did they let others enter.

2. They preached God but converted people to dead religion, thus making those converts twice as much sons of hell as they themselves were.

3. They taught that an oath sworn by the temple or altar was not binding, but that if sworn by the gold ornamentation of the temple, or by a sacrificial gift on the altar, it was binding. The gold and gifts, however, were not sacred in themselves as the temple and altar were, but derived a measure of lesser sacredness by being connected to the temple or altar. The teachers and Pharisees worshiped at the temple and offered sacrifices at the altar because they knew that the temple and altar were sacred. How then could they deny oath-binding value to what was truly sacred and accord it to objects of trivial and derived sacredness?

4. They taught the law but did not practice some of the most important parts of the law – justice, mercy, faithfulness to God. They obeyed the minutiae of the law such as tithing spices but not the weightier matters of the law.

5. They presented an appearance of being 'clean' (self-restrained, not involved in carnal matters), yet they were dirty inside: they seethed with hidden worldly desires, carnality. They were full of greed and self-indulgence.

6. They exhibited themselves as righteous on account of being scrupulous keepers of the law, but were in fact not righteous: their mask of righteousness hid a secret inner world of ungodly thoughts and feelings. They were full of wickedness. They were like whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones.

7. They professed a high regard for the dead prophets of old, and claimed that they would never have persecuted and murdered prophets, when in fact they were cut from the same cloth as the persecutors and murderers: they too had murderous blood in their veins.

Like I said in previous posts, your don't understand that you just do not understand!!

confucius say
04-24-2020, 10:45 AM

I would say less than 5% of trump voters like the guy on a personal level. I know nobody who voted for him that thinks, man what a great human being.

People just dislike the alternative more and would rather have his policies than the left's. If the democrat party hates trump being in office, it should look in the mirror. The party's face has become Warren and AOC and it has run Hillary and a guy who literally is ill with dementia or Alzheimer's. I mean damn.

defiantdog
04-24-2020, 10:49 AM
This thread has become like a multi car pileup. Painful to watch but can't look away.
Speaking of painful..... Georgia is open

Commercecomet24
04-24-2020, 10:55 AM
I would say less than 5% of trump voters like the guy on a personal level. I know nobody who voted for him that thinks, man what a great human being.

People just dislike the alternative more and would rather have his policies than the left's. If the democrat party hates trump being in office, it should look in the mirror. The party's face has become Warren and AOC and it has run Hillary and a guy who literally is ill with dementia or Alzheimer's. I mean damn.

Well said.

DownwardDawg
04-24-2020, 11:45 AM

Very well said. You nailed it. I voted for economic policies and Supreme Court nominations.

DownwardDawg
04-24-2020, 11:48 AM
If you understood what the new birth (salvation - a pointing time where God accepts you as his own and your worldview/actions/thoughs changes) is you would understand how stupid your response is. Go study the Bible and tell me if Moses (killed an egyptian) was qualified from a human point of view to lead the Israelis or King David (killed many men in battle and one not in battle - Uriah - and his unfaithfulness), or the many others in the Bible and those throughout history. You are a Pharisee (wise in your own eyes but an idiot to others):

1. They taught about God but did not love God – they did not enter the kingdom of heaven themselves, nor did they let others enter.

2. They preached God but converted people to dead religion, thus making those converts twice as much sons of hell as they themselves were.

3. They taught that an oath sworn by the temple or altar was not binding, but that if sworn by the gold ornamentation of the temple, or by a sacrificial gift on the altar, it was binding. The gold and gifts, however, were not sacred in themselves as the temple and altar were, but derived a measure of lesser sacredness by being connected to the temple or altar. The teachers and Pharisees worshiped at the temple and offered sacrifices at the altar because they knew that the temple and altar were sacred. How then could they deny oath-binding value to what was truly sacred and accord it to objects of trivial and derived sacredness?

4. They taught the law but did not practice some of the most important parts of the law – justice, mercy, faithfulness to God. They obeyed the minutiae of the law such as tithing spices but not the weightier matters of the law.

5. They presented an appearance of being 'clean' (self-restrained, not involved in carnal matters), yet they were dirty inside: they seethed with hidden worldly desires, carnality. They were full of greed and self-indulgence.

6. They exhibited themselves as righteous on account of being scrupulous keepers of the law, but were in fact not righteous: their mask of righteousness hid a secret inner world of ungodly thoughts and feelings. They were full of wickedness. They were like whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones.

7. They professed a high regard for the dead prophets of old, and claimed that they would never have persecuted and murdered prophets, when in fact they were cut from the same cloth as the persecutors and murderers: they too had murderous blood in their veins.

Like I said in previous posts, your don't understand that you just do not understand!!

Thank you for posting this. Excellent post.

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 11:53 AM
I voted for economic policies and Supreme Court nominations.

Not fiscal economics policies, though, right?**

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-24-2020, 11:57 AM
https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEL1SQfLu17Xr7HQiOu41yGYqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2Nb3Cj DivdcCMMHF0wY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

Chloroquine studies have been halted due to more harm than good coming from daily use of it.

chef dixon
04-24-2020, 12:03 PM

I've read this a couple of times because I'm confused at what point you are trying to make and how this argument even got to this point lol

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 12:09 PM

So Warren is the face of the Democratic party? So much so she couldn't even carry her own state in a presidential primary? That being "the face of the party" will pay off at some point, I guess...

Also, I really don't get this fascination with AOC. Not only is she a moron, but she is 1 of 27 congressional reps from the state of New York. It's not like has mountains of political cachet to wield, either, lol. She is a Bernie acolyte, that same Bernie who was just publicly gutted by the candidate all of you message board doctors have diagnosed as suffering from Alzheimer's disease because he says wacky shit and loses his train of thought from time to time (who else does that on the reg, btw?). So yeah, the Democratic party isn't the Pocahontas-Carl Marx ticket y'all wished it was.

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 12:10 PM
I've read this a couple of times because I'm confused at what point you are trying to make and how this argument even got to this point lol

With age comes wisdom.*

dantheman4248
04-24-2020, 12:24 PM

Agree with everything you said here. Cab is in the 5% though and is as CC24 put, can't look away.

Agreed. I get why you dislike the alternative more. I couldn't bring myself to vote for Hillary. (One I lived in Mississippi still so it wouldn't even matter, two, yuck.) I wouldn't even consider myself a democrat so much as a concerned american who cares about others equally as myself. Bernie actually seems like he cares about people, Biden, Hillary dont. AOC is the democrat version of Trump in regards to the outlandish trolling (and no matter what she does her supporters won't waver). Warren is meh to me at this point. She's what I'd actually argue is centrist at least compared to globally. Hillary/Biden/Trump all are right-winged globally but centrist in the US.

dantheman4248
04-24-2020, 12:26 PM

That Trump is the real 13th apostle and that Rufus is a liar. (True Catholics know this isn't true and Rufus is definitely the 13th apostle.)

Dawg2003
04-24-2020, 12:27 PM
Not fiscal economics policies, though, right?**

Socialism good when Orange Man do it.

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 12:29 PM
That Trump is the real 13th apostle and that Rufus is a liar. (True Catholics know this isn't true and Rufus is definitely the 13th apostle.)

https://media1.tenor.com/images/4dfa1dd335f8885a026667441f4b8ab1/tenor.gif?itemid=3567621

You know Jesus?

Know him?!?! He owes me 12 bucks!

dantheman4248
04-24-2020, 12:36 PM
Also to be fair to president Trump. What he's suggesting would actually work similar to a vaccine, only more effective. If you chug bleach you are guaranteed to not have any future contractions of coronavirus as it needs a living host to survive.

That's what he meant by:

https://media.giphy.com/media/d3mlE7uhX8KFgEmY/giphy.gif

8D Trolling Chess

Commercecomet24
04-24-2020, 12:38 PM
A spoonful of drano, it'll clean you out but leave you feeling all empty inside.

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 12:42 PM
A spoonful of drano, it'll clean you out but leave you feeling all empty inside.

I think we should all have a cyanide capsule in one of our molars, lol.

Gutter Cobreh
04-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Speaking of painful..... Georgia is open

It definitely is Defiant! I'm currently trying to pick up a 4-10 split at the bowling alley, while simultaneously getting a haircut and massage. Figured I'd just go ahead and knock these things out while it's open, as this state will be closed again in another month.***

In between those things, I've also started reading the Old Testament to decipher Extendedcab's diatribe...***

confucius say
04-24-2020, 12:58 PM
So Warren is the face of the Democratic party? So much so she couldn't even carry her own state in a presidential primary? That being "the face of the party" will pay off at some point, I guess...

Also, I really don't get this fascination with AOC. Not only is she a moron, but she is 1 of 27 congressional reps from the state of New York. It's not like has mountains of political cachet to wield, either, lol. She is a Bernie acolyte, that same Bernie who was just publicly gutted by the candidate all of you message board doctors have diagnosed as suffering from Alzheimer's disease because he says wacky shit and loses his train of thought from time to time (who else does that on the reg, btw?). So yeah, the Democratic party isn't the Pocahontas-Carl Marx ticket y'all wished it was.

Who is the face of the party? Only 4 choices I can think of are Biden, Bernie, aoc, and Warren. The former two because they are the two in the running for the nomination. The latter two because they are who the media keeps putting on tv.

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2020, 01:08 PM
It definitely is Defiant! I'm currently trying to pick up a 4-10 split at the bowling alley, while simultaneously getting a haircut and massage. Figured I'd just go ahead and knock these things out while it's open, as this state will be closed again in another month.***

In between those things, I've also started reading the Old Testament to decipher Extendedcab's diatribe...***

I know your joking, and I'm not offended - but my wife is a massage therapist - and what Kemp has done reopening things like this literally can put her life at risk. There is a legit reason why when local governments started taking actions in mid-March these businesses were closed. You can not follow the guidelines and give massages.

confucius say
04-24-2020, 01:10 PM
I know your joking, and I'm not offended - but my wife is a massage therapist - and what Kemp has done reopening things like this literally can put her life at risk. There is a legit reason why when local governments started taking actions in mid-March these businesses were closed. You can not follow the guidelines and give massages.

Is she required to work? Just wondering if she can continue not working while others who can do safely can return to work

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2020, 01:16 PM
Is she required to work?
Depends on what you mean by required. We are a 2 income family with 2 kids in college, so an income is needed. But, when your choice is working, endangering your health, and endangering your clients; or not working and losing your client base, losing your place of business, and wiping out your personal finances - it's not fun either way. And don't give me the "but they work in flu season every year" - it's not at all the same.

There are a few legit businesses that should be closed because of the likelihood and risk to those involved - massage therapists are one. And I'm one who thinks that a lot of the closures have currently gone too far.

confucius say
04-24-2020, 01:22 PM
Depends on what you mean by required. We are a 2 income family with 2 kids in college, so an income is needed. But, when your choice is working, endangering your health, and endangering your clients; or not working and losing your client base, losing your place of business, and wiping out your personal finances - it's not fun either way. And don't give me the "but they work in flu season every year" - it's not at all the same.

There are a few legit businesses that should be closed because of the likelihood and risk to those involved - massage therapists are one. And I'm one who thinks that a lot of the closures have currently gone too far.

Hope it works out for her. This too shall pass.

Gutter Cobreh
04-24-2020, 01:22 PM

Of course I'm joking. Kemp's an idiot. He listened to Trump and "liberated" the state, only for Trump to throw him under the bus the next day. It's all economics over humans.

I would say that if she goes back to work, she needs to treat herself and everything around her (to include her clothes) as if she were a nurse taking care of a patient in the hospital. Between the airborne and droplet risks being that close to someone, it's essentially the same thing.

Jack Lambert
04-24-2020, 01:28 PM

I have come to a point that everything should be opened up. I have not seen my 79 year old mom in five weeks. I carry groceries and leave them on her porch. I would love to give her a hug but I will not. I keep my distance from her. I will keep doing it until it is safe for her. American need to go back to work. All Americans but they need to be mindful and if they want to go to a massage that's thier decision they are making but it is thier decision to make not the goverment. I have not missed a days pays. I am working from home but I can understand what many people are going through. They want to work and thier risk of dying form this thing is really low and probably won't happen but to them losing everything is a guarantee if they don't go back to work .

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2020, 01:32 PM
Of course I'm joking. Kemp's an idiot. He listened to Trump and "liberated" the state, only for Trump to throw him under the bus the next day. It's all economics over humans.

I would say that if she goes back to work, she needs to treat herself and everything around her (to include her clothes) as if she were a nurse taking care of a patient in the hospital. Between the airborne and droplet risks being that close to someone, it's essentially the same thing.

Nothing made me happier than seeing Kemp destroyed by Trump. Kemp was a terrible Secretary of State, and a worse Gov. I'd take Nathan Deal back in a heartbeat.

You give good advice - and that's what she's looking at. She and the studio she owns (4 other therapists rent space and 8 yoga instructors teach class) aren't going to reopen until May 4th so they can make adjustments.

dawgoneyall
04-24-2020, 01:54 PM

Is she being forced to work?

dawgoneyall
04-24-2020, 01:57 PM

Again is it not her choice? Best I can tell the Gov didn't say someone had to go to work????

Johnson85
04-24-2020, 02:10 PM

It's picking which condiments you want on your shit sandwich. That said, if I'm going to be forced to eat a shit sandwich, I'd at least like the choice of condiments and I don't see how Kemp is to blame for allowing that.

I would not go to a massage therapist and if my wife were a massage therapist, I would want her to not work in hopes that get some surprise good news as far as treatment in the next month or so. But my wife is also low risk as far as anybody knows and for her the risk of death probably is something like the flu, or maybe double it (which is still very small), and if she wanted to go back to work, it'd be hard for me to be too upset about it and it's certainly not the governor's place to tell her not to. There certainly could be a pandemic where the disease was so bad the infringement on personal liberty was justified, but this one isn't, as bad as it is.

Joebob
04-24-2020, 02:12 PM
I have come to a point that everything should be opened up. I have not seen my 79 year old mom in five weeks. I carry groceries and leave them on her porch. I would love to give her a hug but I will not. I keep my distance from her. I will keep doing it until it is safe for her. American need to go back to work. All Americans but they need to be mindful and if they want to go to a massage that's thier decision they are making but it is thier decision to make not the goverment. I have not missed a days pays. I am working from home but I can understand what many people are going through. They want to work and thier risk of dying form this thing is really low and probably won't happen but to them losing everything is a guarantee if they don't go back to work .

Problem is, it’s not just that individual person that’s at risk of being infected. It’s everyone they come in contact with after they’re exposed. Still, we can’t stay closed forever. It could be years before we have a vaccine, so we’re going to have to figure out a way to live with this. It might mean wearing a face mask until then. It might mean no crowds at sporting events. A lot of people’s businesses are going to be devastated even when we do reopen.

Prediction? Pain.
04-24-2020, 02:16 PM

If you don't mind me asking, Brunswick, what's her insurance carrier advising? As much as we're focused on what politicians are or should be saying, I suspect many -- if not most -- businesses are listening to their insurers more. Whether or not Kemp should've given the green light to movie theaters to open next Monday, I imagine his input is irrelevant until theaters assess their risk exposure to be worth the cost of doing business.

A great example of this is dentist offices. My neighbor's a dentist and even though he falls under the umbrella of "essential services" in Tennessee, guidance from the American Dental Association and insurers made him decide to close shop for all but emergency procedures, which constitute a tiny fraction of business for many dental practices. So "reopening" wasn't a matter of waiting on the green light from the governor or mayor but rather from a business decision professional and insurance organizations. He's obviously in a different position than your wife or the owner of a theater, spa, or tattoo parlor, whose closure was government mandated. But when your insurance carrier and accrediting agency says you're not covered if you proceed, the result's pretty much the same.

And for what it's worth, our situation is somewhat similar. My office building isn't open to the public right now, but we're operating more or less at full capacity (even if partially from our houses, where I've spent the past month working). My wife, however, works at a large nonprofit whose revenue is solely derived from guest admissions. (Think museums, zoos, aquariums, kids' science centers, etc.) They've been losing hundreds of thousands of dollars a week and have already laid off over 100 people and cut many others' salaries, including my wife's. Their reopening is probably on the same timeline as movie theaters and other entertainment venues, which, as I noted above, may have way more to do with what their attorneys and insurance agents say than the state and local government. (They, along with other similar businesses in town, closed before any "shelter at home" orders were in place.)

We're really lucky that she's still able to work (mixture of remote and in her office) and get paid even at a reduced rate. But the status quo can only last so long. I'm interested to see how things progress as places with low enough new-case rates start testing the waters.

Extendedcab
04-24-2020, 02:17 PM

Nice response!!

Dawg2003
04-24-2020, 02:17 PM
Who is the face of the party? Only 4 choices I can think of are Biden, Bernie, aoc, and Warren. The former two because they are the two in the running for the nomination. The latter two because they are who the media keeps putting on tv.

The problem is that there isn't a face of the party. It's a fractured party. The Dems are going through the same thing the a Republicans did in 2016.

dantheman4248
04-24-2020, 02:19 PM
Again is it not her choice? Best I can tell the Gov didn't say someone had to go to work????

Here's the simple answer if you are serious: If the government denies the unemployment, then yes the government is saying that. Period.

Here's the long answer: Reopening small businesses (such as massage parlors) that would have a high risk of spreading disease will have a ton of negative effects to consider. A. Clientele overall will be less. People are afraid. They aren't going to be as willing to spend money on this. This will lower income across the board. B. This forces employees into dangerous situations. C. We aren't sure yet of the liability that could be involved. A corona case contracted to a high level customer could cripple the business with a lawsuit. D. Not reopening could cripple the business as now there is going to be nothing coming from the relief fund AND if they can eventually come back then some clientele will have chosen a place that reopened sooner. This lowers income either way.

Quite simply put, this move is an attack on the small business that is now put in a rock and hard place due to this virus. The government should help in times of need, not hurt.

Gutter Cobreh
04-24-2020, 02:28 PM
If you don't mind me asking, Brunswick, what's her insurance carrier advising? As much as we're focused on what politicians are or should be saying, I suspect many -- if not most -- businesses are listening to their insurers more. Whether or not Kemp should've given the green light to movie theaters to open next Monday, I imagine his input is irrelevant until theaters assess their risk exposure to be worth the cost of doing business.

A great example of this is dentist offices. My neighbor's a dentist and even though he falls under the umbrella of "essential services" in Tennessee, guidance from the American Dental Association and insurers made him decide to close shop for all but emergency procedures, which constitute a tiny fraction of business for many dental practices. So "reopening" wasn't a matter of waiting on the green light from the governor or mayor but rather from a business decision professional and insurance organizations. He's obviously in a different position than your wife or the owner of a theater, spa, or tattoo parlor, whose closure was government mandated. But when your insurance carrier and accrediting agency says you're not covered if you proceed, the result's pretty much the same.

And for what it's worth, our situation is somewhat similar. My office building isn't open to the public right now, but we're operating more or less at full capacity (even if partially from our houses, where I've spent the past month working). My wife, however, works at a large nonprofit whose revenue is solely derived from guest admissions. (Think museums, zoos, aquariums, kids' science centers, etc.) They've been losing hundreds of thousands of dollars a week and have already laid off over 100 people and cut many others' salaries, including my wife's. Their reopening is probably on the same timeline as movie theaters and other entertainment venues, which, as I noted above, may have way more to do with what their attorneys and insurance agents say than the state and local government. (They, along with other similar businesses in town, closed before any "shelter at home" orders were in place.)

We're really lucky that she's still able to work (mixture of remote and in her office) and get paid even at a reduced rate. But the status quo can only last so long. I'm interested to see how things progress as places with low enough new-case rates start testing the waters.

Why would the insurer care? You can't prove where someone is exposed, so thus they can't be held liable. Or am I misreading what you're asking?

Johnson85
04-24-2020, 02:34 PM

They don't have a face of the party. They have faces for different factions. Bernie probably is the biggest face of the party because he is the undisputed face of a pretty significant chunk of voters. Pelosi and Biden I guess represent the status quo/old school portion. Warren is basically on an island. She could have tacked to the center and displaced Biden, but instead she tried to position herself as left as or to the left of Bernie, which was just stupid. AOC is just bernie but younger and dumber version that guys would like to hit.

Johnson85
04-24-2020, 02:39 PM
Here's the simple answer if you are serious: If the government denies the unemployment, then yes the government is saying that. Period.

Here's the long answer: Reopening small businesses (such as massage parlors) that would have a high risk of spreading disease will have a ton of negative effects to consider. A. Clientele overall will be less. People are afraid. They aren't going to be as willing to spend money on this. This will lower income across the board. B. This forces employees into dangerous situations. C. We aren't sure yet of the liability that could be involved. A corona case contracted to a high level customer could cripple the business with a lawsuit. D. Not reopening could cripple the business as now there is going to be nothing coming from the relief fund AND if they can eventually come back then some clientele will have chosen a place that reopened sooner. This lowers income either way.

Quite simply put, this move is an attack on the small business that is now put in a rock and hard place due to this virus. The government should help in times of need, not hurt.

This is just BS. The business isn't worse off for having the option of reopening. The PPP program doesn't have that limit. Nor does the economic injury disaster loan. I don't know of anybody with BI coverage that pays out based on whether the government closes you; that might be something that hurts a some businesses if that coverage exists. It may hurt the employee's that would rather be on unemployment if the employer disputes their unemployment claim. Not sure how states are handling that.

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2020, 02:45 PM
It's picking which condiments you want on your shit sandwich. That said, if I'm going to be forced to eat a shit sandwich, I'd at least like the choice of condiments and I don't see how Kemp is to blame for allowing that.

I would not go to a massage therapist and if my wife were a massage therapist, I would want her to not work in hopes that get some surprise good news as far as treatment in the next month or so. But my wife is also low risk as far as anybody knows and for her the risk of death probably is something like the flu, or maybe double it (which is still very small), and if she wanted to go back to work, it'd be hard for me to be too upset about it and it's certainly not the governor's place to tell her not to. There certainly could be a pandemic where the disease was so bad the infringement on personal liberty was justified, but this one isn't, as bad as it is.

The shit sandwich is a pretty good comparison. But, I think the risk is higher than the flu for my wife's business. We live in an a tourist/retirement community. Her average client is well over 65, many have health issues, many will probably not come back for a long time because of this. My wife's concerns are much more about the risk to her clients then it is about the risk to her - and making sure the environment she provides is safe.

When you are licensed and regulated by the State - which massage therapists are - then it is the job of the Governor/governments job to tell you when to be open or not. The entire reason it is a regulated industry is for health and public wellness reasons - why should it be different now?

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2020, 02:50 PM

I worked in Museums for 20 years before moving back into local government - and know a ton of people in the field throughout the southeast. This situation has hit them very hard - and they operate on very thin budgets to begin with. I was encouraged to see them being thought of in the relief packages, but I'm afraid it isn't going to be enough. A lot of really good institutions won't come back from this.

hacker
04-24-2020, 02:58 PM

Trump now saying he was being sarcastic. You can't make this shit up.

BrunswickDawg
04-24-2020, 03:00 PM
This is just BS. The business isn't worse off for having the option of reopening. The PPP program doesn't have that limit. Nor does the economic injury disaster loan. I don't know of anybody with BI coverage that pays out based on whether the government closes you; that might be something that hurts a some businesses if that coverage exists. It may hurt the employee's that would rather be on unemployment if the employer disputes their unemployment claim. Not sure how states are handling that.

I'd wait and see outcomes before I'd call it BS. My wife's business has been closed since March 13 - when our local government issued emergency orders to shut down the same businesses Kemp did 2 weeks later. We have been weaving our way through the Pandemic Unemployment program - which just went live in GA 2 days ago, the EDIL thru SBA, and the PPP. I know enough about Ga Government to believe they will find every way possible to deny the unemployment benefits; EDIL has such a backlog I doubt we will even get a response. She did get approved in the first round of PPP - but 1 solid week after having been approved, our lender has gotten us nothing. No papers, just a nice email saying "you are approved, but we are overwhelmed. We don't think you will lose funding even though we are required to have it complete within 10 days. Hope we are right :)"

SheltonChoked
04-24-2020, 03:03 PM
You say a covid test lets you know who to isolate. Are you recommending testing everyone without symptoms? Every day? That's the only way it would make sense, Because if you are only recommending testing those with symptoms, those people are isolating regardless of test results.

And how is testing for antibodies admitting everyone will get it? The screenshot sent to me today by a nurse prac (no idea how accurate) shows the transmissible rate between two people wearing masks is 1.5%. Testing for antibodies just tells people whether they need to take a cautious approach (mask) or not as they get back to work.

The data (transmissible rate with masks and antibody tests) shows we should be back at work soon. Almost time to restart America!

I'm saying we have to test everyone that wants to be off quarantine.

Positive test == isolation.

Positive antibody test == go about life as normal.

It's not that hard to do....

South Korea showed us how to handle this in January...

Sure everyone wearing masks does slow the spread, to help the completely inexcusable lack of testing...

Think of an antibody test like a pregnancy test. You don't use that for prevention.

BeardoMSU
04-24-2020, 03:34 PM
You can't make this shit up.

The Onion is no longer writing satire, lol.

defiantdog
04-24-2020, 03:40 PM
There's an asteroid that's going to be 16 times farther than the distance between Earth and the moon next week.

Early models are telling us that there will be a 1% death rate amongst our population while the majority will recover from the event. An extra stay at home order is in place where people need to sit in a centralized closet with a tinfoil hat on until the foreseeable future.

Commercecomet24
04-24-2020, 03:45 PM
There's an asteroid that's going to be 16 times farther than the distance between Earth and the moon next week.

Early models are telling us that there will be a 1% death rate amongst our population while the majority will recover from the event. An extra stay at home order is in place where people need to sit in a centralized closet with a tinfoil hat on until the foreseeable future.

lol Rep Given!

Johnson85
04-24-2020, 04:05 PM
I'd wait and see outcomes before I'd call it BS. My wife's business has been closed since March 13 - when our local government issued emergency orders to shut down the same businesses Kemp did 2 weeks later. We have been weaving our way through the Pandemic Unemployment program - which just went live in GA 2 days ago, the EDIL thru SBA, and the PPP. I know enough about Ga Government to believe they will find every way possible to deny the unemployment benefits; EDIL has such a backlog I doubt we will even get a response. She did get approved in the first round of PPP - but 1 solid week after having been approved, our lender has gotten us nothing. No papers, just a nice email saying "you are approved, but we are overwhelmed. We don't think you will lose funding even though we are required to have it complete within 10 days. Hope we are right :)"

Those sound like legitimate problems with those programs, but it doesn't sound like they have anything to do with whether her business is forced to be shut down or not.

And again, the unemployment I guess woudl be a different issue and will hurt employees that don't want to work b/c of corona virus unless there are special rules put in place for those cases.

Johnson85
04-24-2020, 04:12 PM
The shit sandwich is a pretty good comparison. But, I think the risk is higher than the flu for my wife's business. We live in an a tourist/retirement community. Her average client is well over 65, many have health issues, many will probably not come back for a long time because of this. My wife's concerns are much more about the risk to her clients then it is about the risk to her - and making sure the environment she provides is safe.

When you are licensed and regulated by the State - which massage therapists are - then it is the job of the Governor/governments job to tell you when to be open or not. The entire reason it is a regulated industry is for health and public wellness reasons - why should it be different now?

I'm not sure how much government regulation has to do with health and public wellness reasons, particularly when it is part of an occupational licensing regime, but even given the benefit of the doubt, that doesn't mean they shoudl shut anybody down. I don't think tanning beds are a good idea and everybody getting in one is taking a risk, but if they think the benefit is worth it, I don't think it's the gov't's job to shut it down. If your wives' clients think that even at their age, they are willing to take the risk, I think that should be up to them. Maybe their back feels so tight that the only day a week they feel good is the day of or after getting a massage. I can't argue that they should feel bad everyday of the week b/c I think they are doing a poor job managing those risks versus the benefit. It seems unobjectionable to me that they should be allowed to make that decision for themselves.

Joebob
04-24-2020, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure how much government regulation has to do with health and public wellness reasons, particularly when it is part of an occupational licensing regime, but even given the benefit of the doubt, that doesn't mean they shoudl shut anybody down. I don't think tanning beds are a good idea and everybody getting in one is taking a risk, but if they think the benefit is worth it, I don't think it's the gov't's job to shut it down. If your wives' clients think that even at their age, they are willing to take the risk, I think that should be up to them. Maybe their back feels so tight that the only day a week they feel good is the day of or after getting a massage. I can't argue that they should feel bad everyday of the week b/c I think they are doing a poor job managing those risks versus the benefit. It seems unobjectionable to me that they should be allowed to make that decision for themselves.

Except that every person that gets infected is then at risk of infecting other innocent people that need to be protected. Also, they possibly could then add to the burden being imposed on our health care workers. So there’s other things to think about besides an individual person’s rights.

Cooterpoot
04-24-2020, 05:39 PM
Except that every person that gets infected is then at risk of infecting other innocent people that need to be protected. Also, they possibly could then add to the burden being imposed on our health care workers. So there’s other things to think about besides an individual person’s rights.

And for all those people to catch it, they were taking advantage of their freedom to do what they want. Obviously they chose the take their chance with catching it. Had they stayed home, they wouldn't have had to worry about catching it. Life is about decisions.

Jack Lambert
04-24-2020, 05:59 PM
So there’s other things to think about besides an individual person’s rights.

Like the repo man and the Deputy delivering a eviction notice.

Liverpooldawg
04-24-2020, 08:27 PM
I'm saying we have to test everyone that wants to be off quarantine.

Positive test == isolation.

Positive antibody test == go about life as normal.

It's not that hard to do....

South Korea showed us how to handle this in January...

Sure everyone wearing masks does slow the spread, to help the completely inexcusable lack of testing...

Think of an antibody test like a pregnancy test. You don't use that for prevention.

Shelton with all due respect it's something of a miracle we even HAVE a test 4 months in, it really is. Those things normally take years. That has amazed me. Technology progresses as always,

Liverpooldawg
04-24-2020, 08:29 PM

Exactly. Your rights naturally stop at mine.....it's the interaction that causes conflict.

Liverpooldawg
04-24-2020, 08:31 PM

In my opinion that is one of the things the government actually does well. Look into how it was before the government got involved.

confucius say
04-24-2020, 09:03 PM
Exactly. Your rights naturally stop at mine.....it's the interaction that causes conflict.

Then you stay home and dont have interaction with me. That is your right. And if you do, you can't get infected by me.

Extendedcab
04-24-2020, 09:09 PM

LOL, reading the Bible is a good thing, yes?

The point of my "narrative" was to show that all people fall short of God's standard and to only look at a persons past is useless. We ALL have things we are ashamed of in our past. As I elaborated on in my previous post was that God uses all sorts of broken people to do his will (Moses, King David, the Apostle Paul just to name a few). There was a point in their lives where God changed them (called salvation or the new birth) on the inside. God put his spirit inside of them and they became new creations, "reborn" (spiritually) to do good works. The posters slamming Trump's past refuse to acknowledge that at some point in his life he changed, he is no longer a democrat, or liberal (one in the same these days) or an adulterer. He is the most pro-family, pro-life, pro-America president we have had in many years.

Do I personally like Trump, hmm so - so, he is still a little rough on the outside. But if you do not like his personality, then look past that and look at his works. His heart is in the right place and he is protecting America from drifting from our roots, the foundation that our founding fathers laid - a constitutional republic. It is the democrats/liberals that are trying to rip the very fabric of our society apart from our roots. This is the core of the issue, not Trumps personality, however they have to pick a fight somewhere since they can not win on principles (the people would see through their falsehoods) so they attack his personality and his past and yes he does egg them on with his tweets and other verbal jabs.

Gutter Cobreh
04-24-2020, 09:17 PM

The point of my "narrative" was to show that all people fall short of God's standard and to only look at a persons past is useless. We ALL have things we are ashamed of in our past. As I elaborated on in my previous post was that God uses all sorts of broken people to do his will (Moses, King David, the Apostle Paul just to name a few). There was a point in their lives where God changed them (called salvation or the new birth) on the inside. God put his spirit inside of them and they became new creations, "reborn" (spiritually) to do good works. The posters slamming Trump's past refuse to acknowledge that at some point in his life he changed, he is no longer a democrat, or liberal (one in the same these days) or an adulterer. He is the most pro-family, pro-life, pro-America president we have had in many years.

Do I personally like Trump, hmm so - so, he is still a little rough on the outside. But if you do not like his personality, then look past that and look at his works. His heart is in the right place and he is protecting America from drifting from our roots, the foundation that our founding fathers laid - a constitutional republic. It is the democrats/liberals that are trying to rip the very fabric of our society apart from our roots. This is the core of the issue, not Trumps personality, however they have to pick a fight somewhere since they can not win on principles (the people would see through their falsehoods) so they attack his personality and his past and yes he does egg them on with his tweets and other verbal jabs.

Relax chief, I was being sarcastic- hence ending my statement with these: ***

Trump is a narcissist. He doesn't give a shit about anything but his own self interest and how he is being perceived. With that said, all politicians are the same way. I'm disenfranchised when it comes to politics, but the way people blindly believe he speaks the truth is as annoying as all blacks thinking Obama had their best interest at heart.

Joebob
04-24-2020, 10:11 PM
Then you stay home and dont have interaction with me. That is your right. And if you do, you can't get infected by me.

If it were that simple, we all could agree to do just that.

Todd4State
04-24-2020, 10:52 PM
Shelton with all due respect it's something of a miracle we even HAVE a test 4 months in, it really is. Those things normally take years. That has amazed me. Technology progresses as always,

Amazing what happens when red tape gets cut.

dantheman4248
04-25-2020, 12:21 AM

Trump's heart isn't in the right place unless you think the witness's were off by a factor of 10,000. Why is it good that he's focused on only saving people in america and not the world.

If you haven't figured it out by now, you should realize the whole point is that you're not actually practicing good faith or religion. Stop hiding behind the veil of christianity to make yourself sound superior. You're just selfish. Pharisee.

confucius say
04-25-2020, 07:05 AM
Trump's heart isn't in the right place unless you think the witness's were off by a factor of 10,000. Why is it good that he's focused on only saving people in america and not the world.

If you haven't figured it out by now, you should realize the whole point is that you're not actually practicing good faith or religion. Stop hiding behind the veil of christianity to make yourself sound superior. You're just selfish. Pharisee.

Wow.

Gutter Cobreh
04-25-2020, 08:17 AM
Wow.

Trump and Dantheman are more alike than he would like to admit. When confronted with an opinion different than the one they hold, both go straight to personal attacks. The only poster in this thread to consistently attack others for views that differ from his.

dawgday166
04-25-2020, 09:01 AM

Lol ... that sums it up pretty good.

hacker
04-25-2020, 10:23 AM
Scott County 200 -> 240 cases

hacker
04-25-2020, 10:29 AM
Hinds - 412 (population 231,000)
Lauderdale - 284 (population 74,000)
Desoto - 263 (population 185,000)
Scott - 240 (population 28,000)

hacker
04-25-2020, 10:36 AM

Still 0 deaths in Scott, though. I wish they released testing numbers by county. It's hard to tell if they're having a breakout or just testing more people than other counties.

Dawgology
04-25-2020, 10:41 AM
Still 0 deaths in Scott, though. I wish they released testing numbers by county. It's hard to tell if they're having a breakout or just testing more people than other counties.

Issaquena still without a case....they must be livin' right.

hacker
04-25-2020, 10:50 AM
Issaquena still without a case....they must be livin' right.

They were social distancing before it was cool

5.51 people per square mile

defiantdog
04-25-2020, 11:10 AM
I'm pretty sure they're only testing if they are admitted to the hospital or if you're willing to hash out $150 per test. They stopped symptomatic testing in march

msstate7
04-25-2020, 11:13 AM

My dad was in management at Tyson in Carthage. I worked there one summer, and I would give a Mexican guy a ride home. He stayed in this trailer park close to the plant. There were unbelievable numbers of people living there. I'm sure there are places like this in forest also. If one person in one of these parks got it, it would be rampant fast.

hacker
04-25-2020, 11:17 AM
My dad was in management at Tyson in Carthage. I worked there one summer, and I would give a Mexican guy a ride home. He stayed in this trailer park close to the plant. There were unbelievable numbers of people living there. I'm sure there are places like this in forest also. If one person in one of these parks got it, it would be rampant fast.

Yeah, Scott County's got the most cases in the state in the "other" category

confucius say
04-25-2020, 11:21 AM

Born and raised in forest. Yea trailer parks and low rent apartments. Plus chicken plants and a few other manufacturing plants. Bout all that is there.
But I was told there was a testing site set up there, so if true ease of getting tested may contribute.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2020, 12:08 PM
It is the democrats/liberals that are trying to rip the very fabric of our society apart from our roots.

Look, I'm not going to address your religious content; you can practice your faith any way you like.

But this statement...right here...is what's wrong with political discourse in America. Regardless if you're on the right or the left, thinking the "other side" is trying to destroy the country, is evil, Hitler, the devil, hates America, etc., whatever adjective you like, does nothing but bog down actual conversation and action. It's not realistic, or healthy, and both sides are guilty.

Dawgology
04-25-2020, 01:12 PM
I just had the extreme displeasure of being tested for Covid-19. Let me tell you. It's not comfortable.

Also let me tell you...the amount of conflicting info in the medical community and with government agencies right now in regards to this virus is truly disturbing. More so than the virus itself.

hacker
04-25-2020, 02:36 PM
I just had the extreme displeasure of being tested for Covid-19. Let me tell you. It's not comfortable.

Also let me tell you...the amount of conflicting info in the medical community and with government agencies right now in regards to this virus is truly disturbing. More so than the virus itself.

I'm mainly staying at home so I don't have to get tested**

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DVJNWefmHjE/hqdefault.jpg

but seriously, **** that

Also, can you expound on your second part?

Commercecomet24
04-25-2020, 03:28 PM
Look, I'm not going to address your religious content; you can practice your faith any way you like.

But this statement...right here...is what's wrong with political discourse in America. Regardless if you're on the right or the left, thinking the "other side" is trying to destroy the country, is evil, Hitler, the devil, hates America, etc., whatever adjective you like, does nothing but bog down actual conversation and action. It's not realistic, or healthy, and both sides are guilty.

Good post my man! There's to much divide in our country. I'm Christian and conservative but I have an open mind and I have great friends of all races, creeds, political views, orientations,etc...and we have discussions without it turning into "I hate you and you're evil" screaming match. I was brought up to listen and respect others even with differing views because you might just learn something and become better for it. No one person has all the answers and when you put aside your own ideas and agendas and actually communicate you can make things better. Sappy and Idealistic I know but it's worked for me for a long time.

Bothrops
04-25-2020, 03:31 PM
They have concluded that no testing method has worked consistently and will now announce test plan J, which features a lobotomic prefrontal removal.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2020, 03:33 PM
They have concluded that no testing method has worked consistently and will now announce test plan J, which features a lobotomic prefrontal removal.

There's some that might benefit from that lol

Dawgcap
04-25-2020, 04:22 PM
Good post my man! There's to much divide in our country. I'm Christian and conservative but I have an open mind and I have great friends of all races, creeds, political views, orientations,etc...and we have discussions without it turning into "I hate you and you're evil" screaming match. I was brought up to listen and respect others even with differing views because you might just learn something and become better for it. No one person has all the answers and when you put aside your own ideas and agendas and actually communicate you can make things better. Sappy and Idealistic I know but it's worked for me for a long time.
By far one of the best posts in this thread! Stay classy! Life?s too short to hate

Dawgology
04-25-2020, 04:23 PM

but seriously, **** that

#1: They stuck the swab so deep that it jogged some old memories.

#2: Doctor told me to quarantine until i got my results back then later said that I could go back to work (due to the nature of my job it is VERY difficult to not go to work or be called in. Very literally I'm the only person that does what I do in about a 100 square mile radius and when I do get called it is a big emergency) as long as I wear a N99 or P95 mask and gloves and try not to get close to anyone. Then the person I was exposed through was actually exposed through someone else (both of us still waiting for results). The "original" carrier tested positive and their employer (big government) got pissed at her because she went and got tested. She had a coworker test positive the week before and their bosses told them that everyone was ok because this coworker was asymptomatic and you can't catch it from someone asymptomatic. This girl went against their wishes and got tested which came back positive which triggered everyone in her agency getting tested. If I told you what this agency was you would shit a brick because of their daily interaction with the public regardless of "rain, sleet, snow or storm".

dantheman4248
04-25-2020, 06:01 PM
That swab shit is why I ****ing hate going to the doctor. Wish there was a better way to check. Cause *******. I hate getting it checked for the normal flu.

And not surprised. The suppression our own government is trying to do really illustrates the fact that China is lying their ass off as well. 6 new cases a day my ass. Call me crazy but i'd wager over a billion people in this world have or have had it at this point at minimum.

dawgday166
04-25-2020, 06:10 PM
There's some that might benefit from that lol

I can think of 2 posters in this thread that probably had a trial run with that test 2 months ago ***

dantheman4248
04-25-2020, 08:12 PM
I can think of 2 posters in this thread that probably had a trial run with that test 2 months ago ***

Damn I'm not the only one?

Dawgology
04-25-2020, 09:12 PM
That swab shit is why I ****ing hate going to the doctor. Wish there was a better way to check. Cause *******. I hate getting it checked for the normal flu.

And not surprised. The suppression our own government is trying to do really illustrates the fact that China is lying their ass off as well. 6 new cases a day my ass. Call me crazy but i'd wager over a billion people in this world have or have had it at this point at minimum.

Yep and yep

Commercecomet24
04-25-2020, 09:55 PM

Just 2 lol

yjnkdawg
04-25-2020, 10:05 PM
Just 2 lol

The overall consensus is 2 but there could be some others coming out of the wood work as this testing progresses. lol

defiantdog
04-25-2020, 10:07 PM
You can pay for the mouth swab test. It's $150.

Commercecomet24
04-25-2020, 10:07 PM
The overall consensus is 2 but there could be some others coming out of the wood work as this testing progresses. lol

Lmbo!!!

yjnkdawg
04-25-2020, 10:17 PM

Best post on this entire 135 page :( controversial very long thread. Common sense, sincerity, non-controversial, and not trying to be the smartest person in the room or enjoy trying to prove others wrong.

Dawgcap
04-25-2020, 10:31 PM
Lmbo!!!
You sir are someone I?d drink a beer with or cheers with a water! Love your thoughts without questioning your politics. The thoughts you have are human related not politics. Yes some are this way but I appreciate human care over politics. Thanks for saying things that I would love to convey!! North Ms support for your views

msstate7
04-25-2020, 10:44 PM
Saw this on Facebook...

I was reading some posts for and against reopening the country. One was talking about being selfish and it got me to thinking.
There are those wanting to reopen yet they?re being classified as selfish. There are those that rely on all kinds of people to supply them while they cower in fear at home. Isn?t that being selfish too?
You expect your garbage to be picked up, you expect the grocery store to be open so you can get milk, you expect truck drivers to supply the stores, you expect farmers, meatpackers, fruit and vegetable pickers all to keep food in that grocery store.
You expect Amazon to still ship all the things you?re ordering while you sit at home shopping. You expect the delivery driver to leave it on your doorstep. You expect your phone to work, your power to stay on, and your mail to show up rain, sleet, or shine. And most important, you expect the doctors and nurses to be there if you need them although many of them across the country have been furloughed because their units and services have been shut down while the entire system focuses only on COVID19.
The whole premise of shelter in place is based on the arrogant idea that others must risk their health so you can protect yours. There is nothing virtuous about ignoring the largely invisible army required to allow people to shelter in place.
I know there are some of you that are screaming mad about what I just said but stop and really think about what is allowing you to stay safe in your home.
I truly believe that with some common sense on my part, I could easily go back to life as it was. I want to go to restaurants, I want to shop at the little store just up the road.
And yes, I could catch COVID-19. I could also catch the flu or a cold. I could get run over by a bus. I could get struck by lightning. We take risks everyday. If you choose to stay home, that is absolutely your choice. And please don?t start screaming at me about how I?ll just spread it. Why are you worried? You won?t get it because you?re staying in your home. Are you going to shelter in place every time a new strand of the flu happens?
Our economy can?t withstand much more of this. If our economy collapses, so will the rest of the world?s. If that happens, you will see the rise of tyrants.
I absolutely don?t want people to die...from COVID or anything else. I want people to live.
But sheltering in place is not living.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2020, 10:48 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Commercecomet24 again. [goes without saying, but I'll say it, lol]

Jack Lambert
04-25-2020, 11:03 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4dfa1dd335f8885a026667441f4b8ab1/tenor.gif?itemid=3567621

You know Jesus?

Know him?!?! He owes me 12 bucks!

What you can't do math and over paid your tithing by 12.00?

starkvegasdawg
04-25-2020, 11:08 PM

but seriously, **** that

That picture is physically impossible unless they jam that swab through tissue and bone structure. I've heard they do go deep for the test, but what that picture is depicting is physically impossible.

BeardoMSU
04-25-2020, 11:13 PM
What you can't do math and over paid your tithing by 12.00?

Maybe so, lol.

I take it you've never seen Dogma? I highly recommend it. It's a comedic satire about Catholicism, written and directed by a devout Catholic, no less (Kevin Smith). It's hilarious, and has a great cast (Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Alan Rickman, Chris Rock, George Carlin, Selma Hayeck, and of course Jay and Silent Bob).

https://media1.tenor.com/images/708bc1bcee18db7ff01522cac3d35c1d/tenor.gif?itemid=12673553

Commercecomet24
04-26-2020, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the kind words from all y'all. I've found the majority of people just want to be happy, take care of their families and enjoy life. The majority of us have a lot more in common than we know regardless of our beliefs or convictions. Heck if we all thought exactly alike the world would be an extremely boring place! In the end we're all human and the best of us are Dawgs lol!!!

Dawgcap I don't drink but I sure wouldn't mind you having a beer while I drink my coke and we just shoot the breeze. Heck we all need to get together and have one together! It's a pretty good group we got on here!

Dawgology
04-26-2020, 12:55 AM
That picture is physically impossible unless they jam that swab through tissue and bone structure. I've heard they do go deep for the test, but what that picture is depicting is physically impossible.

It felt like they were massaging my soul with the swab but you are correct it wasn't deep enough to tickle my ear drum.

hacker
04-26-2020, 09:01 AM

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kim_Hare/publication/260872062/figure/fig1/AS:269173905424387@1441187468892/Collecting-a-nasopharyngeal-swab.png
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mzs9c37N9RY/maxresdefault.jpg

Shrug.

dawgday166
04-26-2020, 09:19 AM
Saw this on Facebook...

I was reading some posts for and against reopening the country. One was talking about being selfish and it got me to thinking.
There are those wanting to reopen yet they?re being classified as selfish. There are those that rely on all kinds of people to supply them while they cower in fear at home. Isn?t that being selfish too?
You expect your garbage to be picked up, you expect the grocery store to be open so you can get milk, you expect truck drivers to supply the stores, you expect farmers, meatpackers, fruit and vegetable pickers all to keep food in that grocery store.
You expect Amazon to still ship all the things you?re ordering while you sit at home shopping. You expect the delivery driver to leave it on your doorstep. You expect your phone to work, your power to stay on, and your mail to show up rain, sleet, or shine. And most important, you expect the doctors and nurses to be there if you need them although many of them across the country have been furloughed because their units and services have been shut down while the entire system focuses only on COVID19.
The whole premise of shelter in place is based on the arrogant idea that others must risk their health so you can protect yours. There is nothing virtuous about ignoring the largely invisible army required to allow people to shelter in place.
I know there are some of you that are screaming mad about what I just said but stop and really think about what is allowing you to stay safe in your home.
I truly believe that with some common sense on my part, I could easily go back to life as it was. I want to go to restaurants, I want to shop at the little store just up the road.
And yes, I could catch COVID-19. I could also catch the flu or a cold. I could get run over by a bus. I could get struck by lightning. We take risks everyday. If you choose to stay home, that is absolutely your choice. And please don?t start screaming at me about how I?ll just spread it. Why are you worried? You won?t get it because you?re staying in your home. Are you going to shelter in place every time a new strand of the flu happens?
Our economy can?t withstand much more of this. If our economy collapses, so will the rest of the world?s. If that happens, you will see the rise of tyrants.
I absolutely don?t want people to die...from COVID or anything else. I want people to live.

Wow dude. Never seen you write so much. This might the best post in this entire 135 page thread.

ETA: Ooops ... reading again I think you copied that from FB. But still ... damn good post.

hacker
04-26-2020, 01:13 PM
Global coronavirus death toll could be 60% higher than reported

https://www.ft.com/content/6bd88b7d-3386-4543-b2e9-0d5c6fac846c

defiantdog
04-26-2020, 01:30 PM
Saw this on Facebook...

Great post! This virus does suck though..... I've never taken 3 weeks off of work because of being sick before, but it is what it is.

dawgday166
04-26-2020, 01:50 PM

So you're thinking we should reopen the economy then?

Commercecomet24
04-26-2020, 01:54 PM
Saw this on Facebook...

Right on! Lot of truth in those words.

TUSK
04-26-2020, 02:09 PM
Man, I feel for you cats.

This bullshit with which y'all are dealing has really made me appreciate my situation/lifestyle.

Hang in there, fellas!!!!!

dawgday166
04-26-2020, 02:23 PM
Man, I feel for you cats.

This bullshit with which y'all are dealing has really made me appreciate my situation/lifestyle.

Hang in there, fellas!!!!!

So you're saying the meth cooking, weed growing business still thriving so you still can afford the trailer and buying out the liquor store while shooting guns and kicking the dog?

BeardoMSU
04-26-2020, 02:24 PM
So you're saying the meth cooking, weed growing business still thriving so you still can afford the trailer and buying out the liquor store while shooting guns and kicking the dog?

Pickin' up some extra scratch by pimpin' out mama-sister-JoeBeth**

TUSK
04-26-2020, 02:26 PM

Yes.

I'm what you call "recession proof"....

dawgday166
04-26-2020, 02:32 PM
Yes.

I'm what you call "recession proof"....

Ever had this happen to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaNy_P1yE7E

TUSK
04-26-2020, 02:44 PM
Ever had this happen to you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaNy_P1yE7E

Great video... and, you'd be surprised..... lol

dawgday166
04-26-2020, 03:01 PM
Great video... and, you'd be surprised..... lol

Just glad I got lots of TP **** Got plenty of donuts now too ****

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-26-2020, 05:18 PM
Saw this on Facebook...

The bold part isn't true AT ALL! the point of staying at home is to reduce the rate of spread. My going to a restaurant doesn't make the UPS driver or Walmart cashier safer- in fact, our going out like normal makes them LESS SAFE because now there's more sick people they might come in contact with.

Your entire post is based on selfishness, but that's missing the mark entirely.

And as far as the economy, reopening the economy will only help a little bit because the vast majority of people will be scared to actually resume normal activities. Especially as the infection rate spikes again and people get even more scared of catching it. Moreover, many of us will still try to save our money and build the emergency fund up even if we aren't afraid of Covid, just because we don't know what the future holds.

Are you going to shelter in place every time a new strand of the flu happens?

Had to draw attention to this extra dumb part. COVID ISN'T THE FLU!!! I can't believe people are still implying it should be treated like a new strand of flu. Absolutely ridiculous to still do that at this point. When was the last time the flu overwhelmed a major nations healthcare system like Covid did to Italy? When was the last time the flu overwhelmed NYC's hospitals? Let this thing spread in less affected areas like MS and you'd see the same results here. We're lucky it didn't hit the south bad before Gov't closed things down

The reality is this is a medically induced event that's causing a massive economic problem. But the solution is to deal with the medical problem, not pretend there isn't one.

hacker
04-26-2020, 05:48 PM
The bold part isn't true AT ALL! the point of staying at home is to reduce the rate of spread. My going to a restaurant doesn't make the UPS driver or Walmart cashier safer- in fact, our going out like normal makes them LESS SAFE because now there's more sick people they might come in contact with.

And as far as the economy, reopening the economy will only help a little bit because the vast majority of people will be scared to actually resume normal activities. Especially as the infection rate spikes again and people get even more scared of catching it. Moreover, many of us will still try to save our money and build the emergency fund up even if we aren't afraid of Covid, just because we don't know what the future holds.

Had to draw attention to this extra dumb part. COVID ISN'T THE FLU!!! I can't believe people are still implying it should be treated like a new strand of flu. Absolutely ridiculous to still do that at this point. When was the last time the flu overwhelmed a major nations healthcare system like Covid did to Italy? When was the last time the flu overwhelmed NYC's hospitals? Let this thing spread in less affected areas like MS and you'd see the same results here. We're lucky it didn't hit the south bad before Gov't closed things down

The reality is this is a medically induced event that's causing a massive economic problem. But the solution is to deal with the medical problem, not pretend there isn't one.

brb getting on my computer so I can give you some rep

msstate7
04-26-2020, 05:50 PM

I'm not the author of that of that, but I would gladly take the credit for it bc of this part...

"I was reading some posts for and against reopening the country. One was talking about being selfish and it got me to thinking.
You expect Amazon to still ship all the things you?re ordering while you sit at home shopping. You expect the delivery driver to leave it on your doorstep. You expect your phone to work, your power to stay on, and your mail to show up rain, sleet, or shine. And most important, you expect the doctors and nurses to be there if you need them although many of them across the country have been furloughed because their units and services have been shut down while the entire system focuses only on COVID19."

The author absolutely nails this part.

Todd4State
04-26-2020, 06:00 PM

I know you're going to say that you're just posting statistics. Do you have any positive statistics?

Dawgcap
04-26-2020, 06:10 PM

But yet you say you go out and make those people less safe. It?s only good for you when it?s convenient for you

Cowboydawg
04-26-2020, 06:44 PM
I haven?t seen this discussed yet...

https://youtu.be/gNTHuCOjAy8

msstate7
04-26-2020, 07:24 PM
Actual doctor on bill maher. Doctor treated Covid patients in NJ area.

https://youtu.be/Lze-rMYLf2E

DownwardDawg
04-26-2020, 07:30 PM
Whether you guys are ready or not, Mississippi is wide ass open. I feel like an alien when I walk in a store wearing my mask right now. It’s elbow to elbow full of people and they ain’t doing shit to prevent it. Our State is full of either dumbasses or geniuses.

dawgday166
04-26-2020, 07:40 PM
I know you're going to say that you're just posting statistics. Do you have any positive statistics?

I don't think I've seen any he's posted.

Todd4State
04-26-2020, 07:50 PM
Whether you guys are ready or not, Mississippi is wide ass open. I feel like an alien when I walk in a store wearing my mask right now. It?s elbow to elbow full of people and they ain?t doing shit to prevent it. Our State is full of either dumbasses or geniuses.

Or indestructible rednecks. And I can say that as an indestructible redneck.

turkish
04-26-2020, 07:51 PM
The point is that you and I can?t isolate and continue to live our comfy lives without hundreds of factory workers, distributors, delivery people, etc. NOT isolating. Do really not appreciate that fact?

This isolation stuff, getting more things delivered to prevent my family’s exposure, absolutely feels selfish to me.

dawgday166
04-26-2020, 08:06 PM
Actual doctor on bill maher. Doctor treated Covid patients in NJ area.

https://youtu.be/Lze-rMYLf2E

I like that doc. He makes sense. Something he said is what I've been thinking too which is most of the people testing negative aren't negative, they're positive but the tests aren't accurate. Which would lower the death rate a lot.

Example in this thread is defiantdog. If I recall correctly they wouldn't test him and he felt like he was practically dying from it. So in most states they're testing people with worse symptoms than he had and those are negative??

dawgday166
04-26-2020, 08:07 PM
The point is that you and I can?t isolate and continue to live our comfy lives without thousands of factory workers, distributors, delivery people, etc. NOT isolating. Do really not appreciate that fact?

This isolation stuff, getting more things delivered to prevent my family’s exposure, absolutely feels selfish to me.

FIFY.

Homedawg
04-26-2020, 09:21 PM

While the medical problem is big. The economic problem will be bigger by 100 fold. Of course, we can just "let the govt pay for us to sit at home"****

Homedawg
04-26-2020, 09:23 PM

No

Homedawg
04-26-2020, 09:25 PM
Whether you guys are ready or not, Mississippi is wide ass open. I feel like an alien when I walk in a store wearing my mask right now. It?s elbow to elbow full of people and they ain?t doing shit to prevent it. Our State is full of either dumbasses or geniuses.

It's not wide ass open. Why are you there?? But glad you have a mask!!*

Cooterpoot
04-26-2020, 10:09 PM
If you're a high risk person, avoid the public as much as possible. If you're not, get your ass to work and enjoy life.

Commercecomet24
04-26-2020, 10:27 PM
If you're a high risk person, avoid the public as much as possible. If you're not, get your ass to work and enjoy life.

This.

TheLostDawg
04-26-2020, 11:04 PM
This.

That's what it's going to have to come to sooner than later. That, wear a mask, Sue China.

TheLostDawg
04-26-2020, 11:06 PM
It's telling when you hear about China trying to cover things up, opening up their economy, and buying up places and companies all over the world right now, including companies in the US.

Todd4State
04-26-2020, 11:17 PM

I feel the same way. If the government makes me wear a mask- I won't be happy about it but I'll do it. It feels to me like things are getting better where I live and that our numbers are going down but at the same time the hospital where I work seems to be getting more and more restrictive and things seem to be getting more and more restrictive. Like now my hospital is making us wear these "special masks" in non-COVID areas and we're going to get a stern talking to if we're not wearing the mask from our car to inside the hospital and then back to our car when we leave work. I'm pretty much over it.

But I think that's where things are headed- we're slowly going to start opening things up but you have to wear a mask everywhere until Dr. Fauci says it's OK not to.

Sorry for the rant but it's getting to the point where it's becoming more detrimental and harmful to keep sheltering in place.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-27-2020, 05:56 AM
But yet you say you go out and make those people less safe. It?s only good for you when it?s convenient for you

I'm an essential worker in the energy sector- the only places I go are to work and walmart and to my in laws house to do yardwork for them

Johnson85
04-27-2020, 08:33 AM
I'm an essential worker in the energy sector- the only places I go are to work and walmart and to my in laws house to do yardwork for them

Since you're not being selfish, what kind of financial sacrifice are you making to share the pain with those you don't want to be allowed to work? Surely at least 20% on top of normal giving? I mean, this is a pandemic and we need to make sacrifices for each other. Or does your sacrifice basically stop at continuing to get paid and go to walmart but not go to happy hour?

Extendedcab
04-27-2020, 08:34 AM

Because he is not President of the world. He is the President of the USA ONLY!!! You global government guys are a joke. Read the Bible on how global government stuff turns out!!! You won't like the outcome.

Jack Lambert
04-27-2020, 08:50 AM
That's what it's going to have to come to sooner than later. That, wear a mask, Sue China.

Crime rate will sky rocket if they try to make us wear mask. American just are not going to do it and the goverment knows it. Example I went into Rameys two weeks ago and they made me put on gloves. They provided the gloves. I went back last week and the gloves were optional. I wonder what changed? Hell I know people said they would not go back if they have to wear gloves. I suspect mask will be suggested but not required.

hacker
04-27-2020, 09:15 AM

I thought y'all were the sunshine pumpers. Y'all beat me to the positive stats every time.*

Edit: For the record, I've posted positive statistics before. It just so happens that there aren't too many to pluck from at this point in time.

I posted that total tests had been increasing the other day. The curve is flat. Norway is doing good. Etc.

Here's another one:

Yesterday was the lowest reported deaths in the US since March

Todd4State
04-27-2020, 09:17 AM
Well, I tested positive for having Coronavirus antibodies so I apparently had it and was asymptomatic. Thankfully.

msstate7
04-27-2020, 09:20 AM
Well, I tested positive for having Coronavirus antibodies so I apparently had it and was asymptomatic. Thankfully.

The doctor in the bill Maher video I posted link to said 98-99% of the cases are mild, and many never even know they have it. He volunteered in one of the hardest hit areas (NJ) in the country

msstate7
04-27-2020, 09:22 AM
So how long do we have to wait and draw conclusions on Georgia's reopening?

confucius say
04-27-2020, 09:27 AM

Wow! That's great. Where did you get the test?

Johnson85
04-27-2020, 09:31 AM

Did anybody close to you have any cold or flu type illness that you can remember in the last couple of months?

I am assuming we have not had it because I think we would have seen it spread through our social circle and some of them would have been symptomatic, but if a high percentage of kids is asymptomatic and more like 80% than 50% of healthy people are asymptomatic, then it would I guess be possible.

defiantdog
04-27-2020, 09:43 AM

Which is why the numbers being posted are false. And honestly..... it sucks this came out during allergy season. Everyone is going to think they're having symptoms.

BrunswickDawg
04-27-2020, 09:43 AM

I would say possibly 3-4 weeks.

My cousin works for the company featured in this article - https://fortune.com/2020/04/24/coronavirus-hotspots-us-states-reopen-economy/
They are predicting hotspots for states ready to reopen.

Johnson85
04-27-2020, 09:54 AM

Did whoever did your antibody test do their own validation of the test? I've talked to a couple of hospital adminsitrators and they are basically doing their own study on the test with employees that have tested positive and those that tested negative to get an idea of the upper bound of the false positive rate.

dawgday166
04-27-2020, 09:57 AM

When did you get tested? And just curious ... what's your blood type?

DownwardDawg
04-27-2020, 10:25 AM
Or indestructible rednecks. And I can say that as an indestructible redneck.

I hear ya man! I hope I still fall into that category. I know I did when I was younger. I think alcohol may help fight this off too.

StateDawg44
04-27-2020, 10:30 AM

Until there is enough time to come up with some graphs and stats for fear-mongering.**

Commercecomet24
04-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Until there is enough time to come up with some graphs and stats for fear-mongering.**

lol Rep Given!