PDA

View Full Version : 3-11-2020 Bubble Watch: Cheering Guide

confucius say
03-11-2020, 09:42 AM
Lunardi has us fifth team out.

Palm has us as third team out.

Bracket matrix, a consensus of all brackets, has us as fourth team out behind UCLA (76 net), Texas (69 net), and NC State (54 net). We are 50 net.

Bilas has us as the 46th overall team. There are 36 at large spots so we would need at least 10 teams ahead of us to win their conference tourney so that they are an automatic qualifier instead of an at large.

With that in mind, below are the teams that are ahead of us and on the bubble that are playing today and how we should cheer.

Stanford to lose to cal.
Indiana to lose to Nebraska.
NC state to lose to Pitt.
Xavier to lose to DePaul.

Coach34
03-11-2020, 10:24 AM
Beat Fla and then play Kentucky well on that Saturday when most teams are done and the Committee can watch- I think gets us in.

confucius say
03-11-2020, 10:27 AM
Beat Fla and then play Kentucky well on that Saturday when most teams are done and the Committee can watch- I think gets us in.

This is where I am too. Obviously that could change if some bids are stolen the next few days.

MetEdDawg
03-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Lunardi has us fifth team out.

Palm has us as third team out.

Bracket matrix, a consensus of all brackets, has us as fourth team out behind UCLA (76 net), Texas (69 net), and NC State (54 net). We are 50 net.

Bilas has us as the 46th overall team. There are 36 at large spots so we would need at least 10 teams ahead of us to win their conference tourney so that they are an automatic qualifier instead of an at large.

With that in mind, below are the teams that are ahead of us and on the bubble that are playing today and how we should cheer.

Stanford to lose to cal.

NC State and Pitt play at 1 PM
Indiana and Nebraska at 7:30 PM
Xavier and DePaul at 8 PM
Stanford and Cal at 8:30 PM

Should have some decent background basketball for a Wednesday night.

MetEdDawg
03-11-2020, 02:15 PM
NC State up 35-32 on Pitt at the half. If NC State loses they are out. Can't lose a game like this to a team with a NET of 107 when you are on the bubble and expect to get in.

smootness
03-11-2020, 02:18 PM
NC State up 35-32 on Pitt at the half. If NC State loses they are out. Can't lose a game like this to a team with a NET of 107 when you are on the bubble and expect to get in.

I would agree that should knock them out.

MetEdDawg
03-11-2020, 03:20 PM
NC State wins by 15

It's not a great win, not even really a good win, but it's probably enough to get them into the tournament.

msstate7
03-11-2020, 03:22 PM
I don't think we run the table in the SECT, so we need to be pulling for Florida tomorrow. Beating OM or Georgia and losing to Kentucky does nothing for us. Beating Florida and a loss to Kentucky at least gives us a reason to watch Sunday

Pinto
03-11-2020, 03:24 PM
NC State wins by 15

It's not a great win, not even really a good win, but it's probably enough to get them into the tournament.

I?ve seen middle school girls basketball teams play better than Pitt did in the 2nd half. Pitt couldn?t even make a layup.

HoopsDawg
03-11-2020, 03:34 PM
I?ve seen middle school girls basketball teams play better than Pitt did in the 2nd half. Pitt couldn?t even make a layup.

Pitt is horrible.

RocketDawg
03-11-2020, 05:03 PM

Kentucky is probably the team hardest hit by the fan ban. They'd essentially fill the Bridgestone Arena, and now they can't come.

Coach34
03-11-2020, 05:51 PM
. Beating OM or Georgia and losing to Kentucky does nothing for us. Beating Florida and a loss to Kentucky at least gives us a reason to watch Sunday

agreed. Has to be Florida

chef dixon
03-11-2020, 07:49 PM
I won't be too upset if we don't have to play Florida or UK. Gives us a better shot at the whole thing

klong-dog
03-11-2020, 09:30 PM
If we can play Florida and win and then get Kentucky without the big blue in attendance Saturday would be very ideal.

Quaoarsking
03-11-2020, 09:41 PM
Stanford to lose to cal.

Indiana and NC State won. Xavier losing early in the 2nd half. Stanford losing late.

Quaoarsking
03-11-2020, 10:44 PM
Indiana and NC State won. Xavier losing early in the 2nd half. Stanford losing late.

Xavier (considered one of the last teams IN right now) lost to DePaul, the worst team in the Big East.

Stanford (also considered one of the last teams IN) lost to California, a bad loss.

Hopefully this means both are now OUT and we're knocking on the door, but I'm not super confident.

BeardoMSU
03-11-2020, 10:49 PM
Have a feeling none of this bubble talk will matter by tomorrow or Friday. The NCAA is about to close up shop.

klong-dog
03-11-2020, 10:51 PM
Arkansas wins, they'll now jump back ahead of us, according to Lunardi. �� I kid I kid but wouldn't be shocked to see it, after the way he's constantly kept them in consideration.

Quaoarsking
03-11-2020, 10:53 PM
Have a feeling none of this bubble talk will matter by tomorrow or Friday. The NCAA is about to close up shop.

I hope not, and if they do, I hope they at least consider just "suspending" it now and trying to play it in a month or two.

ScoobaDawg
03-12-2020, 02:10 AM

After the move by the NBA tonight.. I don't see how they don't. there is really no reason to even let the conference tournaments be finished.
After that where does it go though.. is baseball going to be cancelled for the foreseeable future also?

TALL DAWG
03-12-2020, 02:35 AM
After the move by the NBA tonight.. I don't see how they don't. there is really no reason to even let the conference tournaments be finished.
After that where does it go though.. is baseball going to be cancelled for the foreseeable future also?

This is getting absolutely ridiculous now! This Coronavirus BS is killing stock market, the economy and now sporting events. Absolutely no offense to anyone who has it but I think it?s a new flu strain of which we don?t have a vaccine for of course.
The old flu has killed a WHOLE lot more people this year then this new crap.

We?ve never seen the shutting down of sporting events over an issue like this before...