PDA

View Full Version : New baseball commit

Homedawg
03-08-2020, 09:26 PM
Ethan pulliam from STARKVILLE high. 9th grader. We like him as a position guy. But has a future on the bump as well. Good get.

Todd4State
03-08-2020, 10:45 PM
I think the coaching instability that we have had the past four years or so from head coach, pitching coach, and even hitting coach is the recent big reason why we don't have a title right now. I say that because if you look at our recruiting classes going forward they're all a lot more balanced and they all have top 10 recruiting class talent. This is going to lead to us taking the next step very soon even if this year turns out to be a "down" year for us somewhat. Too soon to know of course. Hopefully keeping Foxhall will allow us to develop a program rather than guys changing to different ones every year plus Butch took some recruits like Jack Owen and Elliott Anderson that probably would have helped us some. The hitting over time will get better I think. Our juniors are performing and no one could have predicted that Allen and Hancock would have injuries this early in the year which has hurt our offense a lot. The rest of the team is inexperienced for the most part outside of Landon Jordan who is just struggling right now. I think he and Pimentel figure it out at some point and come on strong as well as Hancock coming back at some point.

Pulliam is another great prospect for us to pick up and if we get him to school I could see him potentially being our SS of the future. Although at 6'0" I could see him potentially growing into a corner INF/OF guy too or even just staying at SS.

At any rate- our fans might get very familiar with Omaha the coming years.

PKADogs55
03-08-2020, 11:10 PM
Just hope we can hit Todd... somewhere in there. If they figure it out ... Watch Out! We are about to find out how deep this team can dig. I'm going to Biloxi this week ... hope we can show up. Best guess who our 2 midweek guys are.

Skydawg1
03-08-2020, 11:25 PM
Bianco's been in Oxford for 19 years. 1 trip to Omaha. State's been to Omaha 3 times since 2013. With 3 different HC's. Just matters who gets hot, and when.

Todd4State
03-09-2020, 12:53 AM
Just hope we can hit Todd... somewhere in there. If they figure it out ... Watch Out! We are about to find out how deep this team can dig. I'm going to Biloxi this week ... hope we can show up. Best guess who our 2 midweek guys are.

Koestler and Harding probably.

Pimentel struggling doesn't surprise me. Almost all JUCO guys do at first. I think he will be fine. Hancock will be healthy before long too and that will help.

Bianco's been in Oxford for 19 years. 1 trip to Omaha. State's been to Omaha 3 times since 2013. With 3 different HC's. Just matters who gets hot, and when.

Talent matters too and we've had better teams than they have for the most part starting in 2011 except for a couple of years. That's not me being a homer. That's based on head to head, MLB players produced, draft picks produced, and overall results. We all know why it was different before 2011.