PDA

View Full Version : who would you trade for????

rtdawg
11-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Honest to God. Who would you guys trade for on the teams that we have lost to this year?

Think about it......

OK ST- I would not trade a single player on our team for theirs.....
AU- Dak is better than Marshall....don't see any huge difference in any other side of the ball...
LSU-the 2 receivers of course. Mett yes when he played us.....Mett no when he played UM....
USC-#7 of course. besides that, who on their team was better then ours???? Davis is really good but we have 2-3 other backs that could do what he does in the right offense.

My point being, this all boils down to a coaching problem......

I hate to admit it, but it is time to address the facts. Dan has lost this team. I heard him at halftime and he sounded like a crazed psychopath. No coach down by 7 sounds like they are that lost and out of control. We are totally out coached in every game we play....

I already know what is going to happen to MSU before we play....it is so easy money...good first half, bad second half and a team that doesn't give a ****....disgusting.
I can watch ole miss or auburn and tell you what is going to happen....2 teams that will bust their ass and score, in the 1st and 2nd halves....

Would love to hear people that disagree. Would also love to hear what people think that might agree with me.....

I have won ALOT of money betting against us and for UM and AU in the past 3 weeks. It is just how they are coached. We are coached in a very different way and it is pitiful.....

Coach34
11-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Ok State's DL and WR's are better than ours- they are 7-1 for a reason
Auburn's WR's are better than ours and were the difference in the game
LSU was better than us at most positions on the field
SC- had a better DL, WR's, a veteran QB, and a better RB

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 11:35 PM
If Dak had LSU's WRs and Brandon Hill, our offense would be dirty.

rtdawg
11-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Coach34....I love you dude but this shit is old.....We are getting out coached every single game we play. I saw just as much talent on our side of the ball as USC had today. We do not make any adjustments period. It is the same old same old shit out of our team.....We should demand better than this. We have ALOT of talent on our team and they are getting mismanaged......

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Coach34....I love you dude but this shit is old.....We are getting out coached every single game we play. I saw just as much talent on our side of the ball as USC had today. We do not make any adjustments period. It is the same old same old shit out of our team.....We should demand better than this. We have ALOT of talent on our team and they are getting mismanaged......

Tell me what part of the game we got out coached in today?

rtdawg
11-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Before the 1st half ended by taking 2 timeouts in a row...that was bad shotgun and cost us a shot at a field goal regardless how slim the chance might have been that we made it.

We continued to try and throw the ball when we had very good success running it in the 1st half which lead to 2 turnovers.....

ShotgunDawg, not trying to be a dick but we are totally mismanaged in every aspect of the game.....especially on offense. WE have a lot of talent and it is wasted over and over again......

Dawg61
11-02-2013, 11:51 PM
I'll take a couple DBs and every team's FS please

Coach34

I'm not getting into a coaching argument- but I did list position groups teams that beat us were better than us. We may have the worst WR's in the SEC

rtdawg
Tell me where you think we didn't get our coached today?

Dawg61
11-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm not getting into a coaching argument- but I did list position groups teams that beat us were better than us. We HAVE the worst WR's in the SEC

Fixed it for you

rtdawg
11-02-2013, 11:55 PM
I refuse to accept that 34. We are much better than we show on a week to week basis. You told us that from day 1 and I saw it myself from watching practice this fall. I saw it too.....This is bullshit. Do you have any question what is going to happen next Sat in College Station???? I don't...

rtdawg
11-03-2013, 12:06 AM
So to what you are saying Coach34, we don't match up at all the key positions vs. all the key teams we play???? That is unacceptable in yr 5. PERIOD.
Much less we got a coach that is a *****....and he has lost the team. Let me say it again....MULLEN HAS LOST THE TEAM.

rtdawg
11-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Ok State's DL and WR's are better than ours- they are 7-1 for a reason
Auburn's WR's are better than ours and were the difference in the game
LSU was better than us at most positions on the field
SC- had a better DL, WR's, a veteran QB, and a better RB

Is that okay??? It is not to me. Shit has got to change.

rtdawg
11-03-2013, 12:30 AM
If you believe that Coach34 with the positions that those teams are better than we are than we are in trouble, and it is only getting worse from here. I disagree with what you say about those positions. We have GREAT talent. They aren't being used correctly and our coaching sucks.

First time I have gotten to this point but this is bullshit.

Anyone care to guess what the TAM line will be????? It will be around 20....I will feed my kids by taking TAM b/c #2 will run all over us...If Vegas puts it under 20, it's free money.....USC -13 was a gift....I thank Vegas for it....

It is time to clean house in the Bryan Building....now

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 08:54 AM
OSU - QB and WR are the easy choices.
Auburn - WR, RB, TE, OT... probably others.
LSU - every position on the team
S. Car - QB, RB, WR, OL, DT, DE, DL Coach, Head Coach, kicker, kick returner, punt returner, and probably a few more.

civildawg
11-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Isn't that on Mullen though? He's the one recruiting and coaching these awful receivers

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Isn't that on Mullen though? He's the one recruiting and coaching these awful receivers

it's always all on the HBC. It's just a matter of whether he can fix things or not. I think he can. Others think he can't.

Op4isabitch
11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
Hack, I agree with most of your posts. However I strongly disagree with Mullen being able to get it done, can you give me any evidence that he can? The coaching has been horrid for over two years now, even last season when we started 7-0 we made stupid mistakes and won a couple of those early games by luck and talent.

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Hack, I agree with most of your posts. However I strongly disagree with Mullen being able to get it done, can you give me any evidence that he can? The coaching has been horrid for over two years now, even last season when we started 7-0 we made stupid mistakes and won a couple of those early games by luck and talent.

we went from 5-7 to 9-4 quickly. We quickly escaped the "can't beat the big four" when they plummeted. We've avoided lows under CDM.. this is our first taste of it. We don't have a lot to go by because he's been successful so far. And 6-6 and a BBVA bowl win would still be successful and a great learning experience for a young team.

Bullmutt
11-03-2013, 03:49 PM
My observations from yesterday:

1) Mullen did seem to have alittle of the old fire back. I saw him get in a few peoples' faces a couple of times instead of looking unengaged and/or lost as he chewed the playcard (I did see him chewing it once).

2) There has bee a lot of discussion on here the last few weeks about finding our identity. It's still lost. We're supposed to be a "run first" spead team. We did well on our first drive. In subsequent drives, we tried too often to throw on first down- w/o success, thus forcing Dak into "must throw situations, which is where we don't want him to be at this stage of his development. Therefore, the play-calling overall still stinks. IMO, we display some of the least imaginative running plays I've ever seen. I could be wrong, but it seems we run the same 4-5 running plays (or some variation thereof) over and over again. I saw us use the diamond formation a couple of times, but the plays we ran from it seemed very "vanilla" compared to what other teams (like Ok St.) do from it. Is there anyone else who feels we would have many more options and much better success running the ball if we went back to a two back set?

3) We are not a team who can take a shot to the chops. By that I mean we do not have the mental toughness or focus to put the last play behind us. We seem to do fine as long as we are ahead, tied, or keeping it a one possession game; but once we get two scores behind, the wheels fall off and we quit. I like to think that is due to our youth and inexperience, but it could just as easily be due to lack of on-field leadership and/or failure on the part of the coaching staff to motivate. Or all the above.

4) I thought the D was a bright spot. The did a very good job overall, especially when you consider the situations the O put them in.

Just my opinion.

archdog
11-03-2013, 04:15 PM
My observations from yesterday:

1) Mullen did seem to have alittle of the old fire back. I saw him get in a few peoples' faces a couple of times instead of looking unengaged and/or lost as he chewed the playcard (I did see him chewing it once).

2) There has bee a lot of discussion on here the last few weeks about finding our identity. It's still lost. We're supposed to be a "run first" spead team. We did well on our first drive. In subsequent drives, we tried too often to throw on first down- w/o success, thus forcing Dak into "must throw situations, which is where we don't want him to be at this stage of his development. Therefore, the play-calling overall still stinks. IMO, we display some of the least imaginative running plays I've ever seen. I could be wrong, but it seems we run the same 4-5 running plays (or some variation thereof) over and over again. I saw us use the diamond formation a couple of times, but the plays we ran from it seemed very "vanilla" compared to what other teams (like Ok St.) do from it. Is there anyone else who feels we would have many more options and much better success running the ball if we went back to a two back set?

3) We are not a team who can take a shot to the chops. By that I mean we do not have the mental toughness or focus to put the last play behind us. We seem to do fine as long as we are ahead, tied, or keeping it a one possession game; but once we get two scores behind, the wheels fall off and we quit. I like to think that is due to our youth and inexperience, but it could just as easily be due to lack of on-field leadership and/or failure on the part of the coaching staff to motivate. Or all the above.

4) I thought the D was a bright spot. The did a very good job overall, especially when you consider the situations the O put them in.

Just my opinion.

I agree with all that you said.
1. Mullen had the fire back yesterday. Got to demand excellence to get it. He needs this fire all the time. You enter practice, the meeting room, the pregame locker room, and the sideline with that attitude and when you win a game the team will buy in.
Our team has been SLOPPY with the little things. When the OL plays poorly, it makes the entire offense look bad. The WR and TE miss blocks on the edge and the offense looks bad. Forget which reads were made by the QB, the blocking situations has gotten so bad that A. Peterson running with our blocking wouldn't get 100 yards.
2. Our team has lacked an identity since that 2010 Gator Bowl. Leadership, playcalling, and swagger adds that identity. I want a vocal leader on the sideline. One leader for the entire team. Tyler could be this. He is a fifth year senior that needs to bridge the disconnect from the coaching staff to the players. I want to see the swagger and juice on the sideline.

UM runs a quick offense, quick slants, quick jet sweeps, and running the read option as a 3rd mix. That is their identity.

aTm runs a more vertical brand of the same offense. They sling it out wide on screens, hits crossing routes when the d is in zone, and takes deep shots to their #13 when in man to man.

3. Yesterday it was when we had to call 2 timeouts back to back, leaving 3 points on the field at half. Every game we played this year there was a moment like this. Most of the time its a missed field goal. Got to get a leader.

4. Defense looked good. A couple of missed assignments and poor matchups cost us. Other than those, good job defense.

C222
11-03-2013, 04:27 PM
I'll take Gabe, Chris Jones, and Bernardrick.... Besides that I would trade every other player on our team with AU, LSU, and SC. I don't know enough about OK St.

WeWonItAll(Most)
11-03-2013, 05:24 PM

I'm still in the belief that he is going against popular opinion for the sake of argument