PDA

View Full Version : I'm to the point of hoping for losses. This will jsut make everyone hate me, but

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 11:15 PM
I look at it like this.

I think it is time to move from Mullen. I don't think he can recruit like we need to to win long term and I think he has done good, but definitely peaked coaching. I don't hate him, in fact I actually like him, but it's time to try something else, IMO.

I think we are definitely going to lose to everyone left, except Arkansas, and I don't want us to beat them and give any reason to keep down this track. Stricklin needs as much pressure on him as there can be to make the change. The way for that to happen is to lose to Arkansas. Whoever comes in next year will win 8, so you can all be happy then, and hopefuly we'll recruit at a level that is at leaset mediocre in the SEC and we can move on and act like the top 25-30 propgram that the SEC has forced us to become.

We should all quit feeling like we have to wait for the freaking bottom to drop out to make changes. We should expect more from our Ath Department and hold them to a higher standard. They have the $$ are in the best conference...compete!!

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 11:17 PM
I look at it like this.

I think it is time to move from Mullen. I don't think he can recruit like we need to to win long term and I think he has done good, but definitely peaked coaching. I don't hate him, in fact I actually like him, but it's time to try something else, IMO.

I think we are definitely going to lose to everyone left, except Arkansas, and I don't want us to beat them and give any reason to keep down this track. Stricklin needs as much pressure on him as there can be to make the change. The way for that to happen is to lose to Arkansas. Whoever comes in next year will win 8, so you can all be happy then, and hopefuly we'll recruit at a level that is at leaset mediocre in the SEC and we can move on and act like the top 25-30 propgram that the SEC has forced us to become.

We should all quit feeling like we have to wait for the freaking bottom to drop out to make changes. We should expect more from our Ath Department and hold them to a higher standard. They have the $$ are in the best conference...compete!!

Please ban this guy Coach34. I can handle people complaining, but what I can't handle is someone openly not supporting the maroon and white. I draw the line when someone says they are rooting for losses.

Get this clown out of here.

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Also, if it doesn't happen now, it wont happen for a minimum of 3 yrs. We don't need to wait that long.

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 11:18 PM
I'm hoping for it for the betterment of the program. you'll see it too soon.

Look, if you want to ban me...fine, ?I'm being honest.

Please ban this guy Coach34. I can handle people complaining, but what I can't handle is someone openly not supporting the maroon and white. I draw the line when someone says they are rooting for losses.

SoJackDog
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Come on man. WTH?

Jdawg
11-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Huds wife is hot and he would be a great coach here but I'm not ready to give up on Dan yet. I really think he turns this thing around and it starts on Saturday against A&M.

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 11:20 PM
I won't judge you because I agree with pretty much your entire stance, except for the hope for losses part. And as a passionate fan, I appreciate your passion.

That being said....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ae6f150282f2c6fb76844f0e6844968b/tumblr_mghc4yYxaK1ry10fwo1_400.gif

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 11:20 PM
It's only logical. I love State and want us to prosper, but to me that means a change, which if it doesn't happen this year, won't happen for 3 years.

Huds wife is hot and he would be a great coach here but I'm not ready to give up on Dan yet. I really think he turns this thing around and it starts on Saturday against A&M.

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 11:22 PM
Hahhaa...feel free to judge.

Look, i fyou think we are going to lose all games except Arkansas and you think that our admin won't make a change if we beat Arkansas...then it makes sense.

Do you want to move forward next year as is...becuase we snuck by some crappy teams?

I won't judge you because I agree with pretty much your entire stance, except for the hope for losses part. And as a passionate fan, I appreciate your passion.

That being said....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ae6f150282f2c6fb76844f0e6844968b/tumblr_mghc4yYxaK1ry10fwo1_400.gif

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 11:22 PM

Come on, Shotgun. I don't agree about hoping we lose either, but you can't say Cheww isn't a passionate bulldog. You can't blame the guy for being frustrated just because you aren't to that point. Again, I'm not agreeing with him, but he is clearly a bulldog....he is just a bulldog that feels a change is the only way we can progress....and with one more win he doesn't think a change will happen. Cheww should NOT be banned.

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Come on, Shotgun. I don't agree about hoping we lose either, but you can't say Cheww isn't a passionate bulldog. You can't blame the guy for being frustrated just because you aren't to that point. Again, I'm not agreeing with him, but he is clearly a bulldog....he is just a bulldog that feels a change is the only way we can progress....and with one more win he doesn't think a change will happen. Cheww should NOT be banned.

Hell, I'd rather keep Cheww on the board than Mullen as our coach, ha

+1

Coach34
11-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Please ban this guy Coach34. .

I actually know this assclown. He and I disagree (along with many others) on what our program is capable of year in and year out. I provide him facts and he just provides opinion. Not gonna ban him- he is not a troll, nor is he trying to start a bunch of bullshit to flame people- he just has an opinion.

CadaverDawg
Hahhaa...feel free to judge.

Look, i fyou think we are going to lose all games except Arkansas and you think that our admin won't make a change if we beat Arkansas...then it makes sense.

Do you want to move forward next year as is...becuase we snuck by some crappy teams?

You make a good point. I guess I'm just hoping that we either win 6 or Mullen is fired. I can't make myself root against us

preachermatt83
Cheww, Im almost with you. Im not hoping for losses but they don't bother me nearly as badly because I know each loss brings the possibility of a new head coach

Will James
11-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Like Engie said, Croom's last egg bowl any good Dawg was wanting them to run that score up. TUSK echoed the sentiments for DuBose.

I don't think its time for that YET but if we lose out and are down 20+ at halftime of the Egg Bowl, I will be hoping it ends up BAD.

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Ummm , ,I'm not sure if that is worthy of "thanks".

Look,, I know it makes people mad. I LOVE State. My dad went to State, I went to State. I've bene rooting for State since I was born....hunched over a radoi with my dad and brother waiting to see if we beat Memphis for gods sake. You may think I'm worng. I may be wrong, but I do want what is best for State. you can ban me if you don't want to hear it.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 11:27 PM
Come on, Shotgun. I don't agree about hoping we lose either, but you can't say Cheww isn't a passionate bulldog. You can't blame the guy for being frustrated just because you aren't to that point. Again, I'm not agreeing with him, but he is clearly a bulldog....he is just a bulldog that feels a change is the only way we can progress....and with one more win he doesn't think a change will happen.

I get that Cadaver, but MSU fans hoping for losses is the most non-productive thing possible.

Again, I choose to wait till the season is out. I don't think that us beating Arkansas and getting blown out by OM is going to save his job. However, if we do beat ARK and OM, then I think we will have to play very well and many of these discussions are mute.

I am honestly embarrassed though that we have fans that are actually rooting for us to lose.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I actually know this assclown. He and I disagree (along with many others) on what our program is capable of year in and year out. I provide him facts and he just provides opinion. Not gonna ban him- he is not a troll, nor is he trying to start a bunch of bullshit to flame people- he just has an opinion.

His opinion is embarrassing. You know players read this board, right?

I get complaining about the coaches, but we need to have the backs players that chose to play football at MSU. Rooting for us to lose is just about the worst thing a player could read on this board.

You aren't even trying to support them at that point, and that I have a problem with.

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 11:33 PM

I get complaining about the coaches, but we need to have the backs players that chose to play football at MSU. Rooting for us to lose is just about the worst thing a player could read on this board.

You aren't even trying to support them at that point, and that I have a problem with.

It's 1 guy. And he is getting blasted for it. If they want to see people praise them, do something worthy of praise.

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Our players are big boys. Plus they can read all the people telling me I'm an idiot just about every day too.

It's not our "fans" rooting agaisnt us. Hell, I don't even think I'm "rooting agasint us". I feel like I'm rooting against our atheltic department hurting us for the nxt 3 years by making a mistake.

Statecoachingblows**
11-02-2013, 11:45 PM
On the bright side we played around noon today and there's still a bunch folks here 12 hours later talking state football and that gives me hope!!

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 11:50 PM
On the bright side we played around noon today and there's still a bunch folks here 12 hours later talking state football and that gives me hope!!

This is true. We do all have one thing in common and that is that we care, and due to that, I feel confident that we will eventually figure things out.

I just know that I am not humanly capable of rooting against MSU.

civildawg
11-03-2013, 07:44 AM

I hope you are not serious. We have heard that every week and we get the same results. I seriously can't believe you typed this unless you were being sarcastic

bully99
11-03-2013, 08:26 AM
Fans rooting for their team to lose so the coach can get fired is not something new. Been going on for a long time. Over the last decade see Ole Miss, Florida, Alabama and many others who openly root for losses to hasten the coaches departure. You're starting to hear Florida fans once again saying that.

MrKotter
11-03-2013, 08:30 AM

Hasn't this been the theme for the last several weeks?

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 08:40 AM
Also, if it doesn't happen now, it wont happen for a minimum of 3 yrs. We don't need to wait that long.

God forbid we have three winning seasons after this season with a coach you don't like.... Six winning seasons out of seven is just too awful for you?

Were you around when Croom was here?

Bully13
11-03-2013, 09:17 AM
I am of the opinion that a good SEC football program requires more than a head coach and good assistants. It takes a unified alumni base committed to getting the best players into the program. I would be willing to bet overall Mullen is a better coach than freeze but freeze has a recruiting machine at ole miss that mullen does not have. of course some finger pointing at mullen is probably warranted because it's hard to argue that mullen's best years were 1 & 2 and those were mostly with croom's players. I really believe year 1's team was better than 3, 4, & 5 overall. I don't think Mullen has all of a sudden forgotten how to coach after what has to be described as great coaching efforts in yr 1 & 2. other lower tier SEC programs have made adjustments in their recruiting efforts while ours has remained stagnant. if we can mullen and also overhaul our recruiting machine, the new coach will look like a hero because of the additional recruiting help he would be getting that Dan didn't get. The only way we are going to move forward is for the cigar boys to have a coming to Jesus meeting with Strickland. There's also no way we are going to move forward in the state of MS with another SEC school in the state whipping our ass. If we can't put out a product that outshines the one in oxford, we deserve what we get. There is absolutely no reason for us to not be able to outperform them in every way. The power brokers of our athletic department will just have to decide how bad they want it. Ole Miss surely did. If we won't then **** us.

MrKotter
11-03-2013, 09:37 AM
God forbid we have three winning seasons after this season with a coach you don't like.... Six winning seasons out of seven is just too awful for you?

Point out the wins in the next three seasons with Mullen at the wheel please since you think we will have 3 winning seasons after this season.

Political Hack
11-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Point out the wins in the next three seasons with Mullen at the wheel please since you think we will have 3 winning seasons after this season.

I was referring to bubble gum's post that if it doesn't happen this year it'll be at least three years before we can get rid of him.

I think we easily have a winning season next year with four OOC wins, @UK, Vandy at home at toss ups with Auburn, A&M, and Arkansas at home. Egg bowl is a toss up too.

The next year will be 4 OOC wins, UK at home, Vandy on the road, Egg bowl at home, and depending on where Arkansas and A&M are we could win those. Sumlin hasn't shown he can put a good fled dense on the field and there's no guarantee the NFL and USC don't come after him.

Hard to know where the SEC will be in there years with conference expansion and the playoffs taking hold. I suspect the NCAA will fold and we'll be in a totally different era.

cheewgumm
11-03-2013, 11:12 AM
Damn... The croom years obviously scarred you. I'm sorry. Or you are related to the *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*?

I think we can do better than beating 4 swac teams and Kentucky and I'm perfectly willing to take the chance to see. If you're happy with that, then I don't understand that.

This is my central point. We should expect more. You don't think so. I get it .

We don't have to compare everything to croom and think as long as we're better than that we should be happy. That's stupid and self- defeating.

It's not a coach I don't like. I like mullin but think its over. Things end. It has nothing to do with " like". I know you want it to be that so you can say I
Just " don't like him" but it's not true.

cheewgumm
11-03-2013, 11:25 AM
Ask yourself this...if Ole Miss was in this situation would you be happy or worried:

They schedule 4 OOC wins every year.(So they beat Miss Valley, Jacksonville State, UT Martin and Memphis)
They have Kentucky as their permanent opponent. (This is win 5)
They sneak by another oppponent for 6 wins.(Possibly Vandy for 6 wins)
They go to a bowl every year with 6 wins, but we kick the shit out of them every year AND we out recruit them every year.
They will never get rid of their coach, because they like the 6 wins and the Liberty bowl every year.

If I could set them up with that and for them to be satisfied with that. I'd do it right now and be tickled that they got into a situation that they won't get rid of their coach in this situation.

However, this is where we are. And not only that, it is your prescription for our success. To me it's what I would saddle Ole Miss with.We are on different planets when it comes to what we think is progress for our program.

preachermatt83
11-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Ask yourself this...if Ole Miss was in this situation would you be happy or worried:

They schedule 4 OOC wins every year.(So they beat Miss Valley, Jacksonville State, UT Martin and Memphis)
They go to a bowl every year with 6 wins, but we kick the shit out of them every year AND we out recruit them every year.
They will never get rid of their coach, because they like the 6 wins and the Liberty bowl every year.

If I could set them up with that and for them to be satisfied with that. I'd do it right now and be tickled that they got into a situation that they won't get rid of their coach in this situation.

However, this is where we are. And not only that, it is your prescription for our success. To me it's what I would saddle Ole Miss with.We are on different planets when it comes to what we think is progress for our program.

Dead Ringer my friend!!!! I can't stand mediocrity.. its the same thing EVERY SINGLE YEAR.. Beat some bad teams and NEVER upset anyone! It's sick to me that something like that satisfies so many in our fanbase!

Todd4State
11-03-2013, 03:38 PM

Ole Miss fans were happy with that formula when Tuberville was their coach.

The biggest thing Dan needs to do when you get down to it is upset a few people from time to time and recruit better. Personally, I don't think he can do either. We have set him up to do it from a scheduling and support standpoint. With the way we schedule now, we should be winning on average 8 games a year.

The Arkansas game doesn't worry me one way or the other as far as keeping or not keeping Dan. Basically, it's all going to come down to the Egg Bowl unless Dan pulls off an upset over A&M on the road or Bama at home. Good thing for Dan our atheltic administration listens to people that think it's awesome to eat fried turkey in the Junction on game day and are going to give him about 3-4 days to prepare for the game coming off of a road game with Arkansas. And let's not forget- Croom was toast after beating Arkansas.

But as a State fan, I will not root against MSU. I will see the silver lining should we lose however.

Will James
11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
With the way we schedule now, we should be winning on average 8 games a year.

This is lost on SO MANY PEOPLE.

Todd4State
11-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Dead Ringer my friend!!!! I can't stand mediocrity.. its the same thing EVERY SINGLE YEAR.. Beat some bad teams and NEVER upset anyone! It's sick to me that something like that satisfies so many in our fanbase!

That's why the majority of people on here want Hud. Most people are not satisfied with what it going on with Dan. The way the scheduling philosophy is set up, it is meant to turn what were 3 win seasons in the past into 6 wins, 5 wins seasons into 7 wins, and 8 win seasons into 10 or more. All Dan has shown that he is capable of doing is winning the ones he is clearly supposed to. I could tolerate not upsetting people a lot more if we weren't just absolutely getting our barn doors blown off every time we play someone that is ranked.

Quaoarsking
11-03-2013, 03:44 PM
With the SEC's smallest athletic budget (it may be 13th actually), expecting us to average 4-4 in the SEC is not reasonable.

I wish there were some NFL-esque system that confiscated profits from the big boys and redistributed them to the Mississippi States and Vanderbilts of the SEC. It would make the league as a whole much more exciting.

bluelightstar
11-03-2013, 03:54 PM
I hate watching us play football as much as I hated watching the basketball teams at the end of the Stansbury era. We play every bit the uninspired, mistake-filled ball under mullen that we did under Rick. It is incredible that people don't see that.

Hell at least Stansbury actually won something to deserve all his defenders.

Will James
11-03-2013, 04:17 PM
confiscated profits from the big boys and redistributed them

:) couldn't pass that up

Bully13
11-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I guess I'll be banned from this thread; won't even be able to look

donald igwebuike
11-03-2013, 04:33 PM
I look at it like this.

caveat: 2008 EB...........I knew there was a chance if we flamed out

Will James
11-03-2013, 04:34 PM
I could tolerate not upsetting people a lot more if we weren't just absolutely getting our barn doors blown off every time we play someone that is ranked.

+1 as well. Some want to remain willfully ignorant of reality by looking at our manufactured win total like it, or our current situation, is in any way equal to years gone by.

RougeDawg
11-03-2013, 05:00 PM
I hate watching us play football as much as I hated watching the basketball teams at the end of the Stansbury era. We play every bit the uninspired, mistake-filled ball under mullen that we did under Rick. It is incredible that people don't see that.

Ding ding!!! This team is making more mental mistakes this year than any year Dans been here. The mistakes we are making are killing drives, preventing scores and preventing wins. This all falls back on the coaching staff. Period. Any of you on here that cannot see this train derailing and a complete house cleaning is needed, are complete morons. We've seen this movie before and we all know how it ends. It's time we cut the movie short, halfway through, to prevent a complete disaster of an ending.

War Machine Dawg
11-03-2013, 06:21 PM
I look at it like this.

You just officially took the belt from preachermatt as the worst poster on the board. Ladies and Gentleman, the NEW Douche Champion of the World...........cheewgumm!!!!!

/Is it coincidence his avatar is red & blue?
//I think not

cheewgumm
11-03-2013, 07:08 PM
You can thank me later.

You just officially took the belt from preachermatt as the worst poster on the board. Ladies and Gentleman, the NEW Douche Champion of the World...........cheewgumm!!!!!

//I think not

preachermatt83
11-03-2013, 07:36 PM
You can thank me later.

NO ITS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/Wbwrb.gif

preachermatt83
11-03-2013, 07:37 PM

//I think not

I actually thought it was a great post cheeww!!

War Machine Dawg
11-03-2013, 07:42 PM
NO ITS MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/Wbwrb.gif

I'll admit, I chuckled. Well done, sir.

It_Could_Happen
11-04-2013, 04:47 AM
I look at it like this.

I'm posting in this thread one time to say your a complete dumbass. That is all.

Jack Lambert
11-04-2013, 10:50 AM

I agree because someone has to be the guy to generate conversational debate.

Barking 13
11-04-2013, 11:27 AM

This!!! Wasted talent...

It_Could_Happen
11-04-2013, 11:38 AM
This!!! Wasted talent...

Now we are comparing a basketball coach to a football coach. This makes so much damn sense. Sometimes I think you people are kidding, then it hits me. You really are that dumb.