PDA

View Full Version : We're almost good

FlabLoser
11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Good enough to beat OSU. Shit the bed in the 2nd half.

Good enough to beat Auburn. Shit the bed in the 2nd half.

Good enough to beat LSU. Shit the bed in the 4th Q.

Good enough to beat SC. Committed 5 turnovers.

Well its nice to know we've got the talent to compete for all but the top tier of the SEC. I take about 6 ounces of comfort knowing a complete rebuild is not neccessary.

Maybe we'll turn the corner. Maybe we'll continue to find ways to lose.

Hopeful for the future. Apathetic about the present.

Hope your Saturday was as good (or better) than mine.

Jdawg
11-02-2013, 10:46 PM
A&M defense isn't good. I think we've got a chance to win that one and then get on a roll. We can win 3 out of the last 4. Not sure we do but that's why we play the games.

Statecoachingblows**
11-02-2013, 10:48 PM
Has been obvious over and over it is not a lack of talent. If not a lack of talent what is it a lack of?

SoJackDog
11-02-2013, 10:55 PM
We win A&M, OleMiss for sure. It's time to right a few things.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Has been obvious over and over it is not a lack of talent. If not a lack of talent what is it a lack of?

Its a lack of poise, composure, and confidence. We have to start playing like we own the field. We get rattled and compound minor mistakes with critical errors that cost us games.

Honestly, the best thing this team needs to learn is that it's OK to punt, it's ok to throw the ball away, it's OK to dive forward or slide and not try to plow through 4 players (Rojo and Dak), it's OK to give up a big touchdown, and it's OK to make mistakes, but what is NOT OK is to be so butt hurt about making a minor mistake that you lose your composure, poise, and mind in trying to make up for it that you create a devastating error.

If this team can learn to minimize the devastation of their mistakes, we might win some games. Every team make mistakes, the good ones just get over them, move on, and make them no matter.

Jdawg
11-02-2013, 10:58 PM
We win A&M, OleMiss for sure. It's time to right a few things.
I'm glad someone on here is still positive.

FlabLoser
11-02-2013, 11:03 PM
Great point, Statecoachingblows.

What is it a lack of...

Well, its Dak's 1st year to get a lot of starts. He has some really uncomposed turnovers. Throwing the ball at linemen, tiped and INT'd. Throwing the ball at guys not open at all, tiped, and INT'd. And a fumble. (didn't see the rest..I quit early in the 3rd).

Dak clearly had a bunch of turnovers due to inexperience.

The only coaching blunder I saw was at the end of the 1st half with an assist from Dak. Dak wasted our 3rd timeout. Then we throw a pass and need to spike the ball, but the ST coach sends the FG team on the field. We had a shot at spiking the ball, but the ST coach screwed that up.

At that point in the game I was happy just to see our opponent not get a score on us as had happened all year long.

Anyway....the game was all on Dak's turnovers. This loss was a lot different than the others this year. Just damn turnovers. We finally have a prepared team, don't have bad play calling...but still find a way to lose with turnovers.

Oh well.

Like I said earlier. We have talent to compete for all but the top 2-3 spots in this conference. But we find ways to lose. Whatever. Hopeful, but not emotionally invested (apathetic) we can pull some upsets the the rest of this season.

Hail damn State.

Statecoachingblows**
11-02-2013, 11:12 PM
Sadly! But in some weird way I'm almost glad to see turnovers or at least something player related cost us a game. Actually getting to watch the game now Dak calling the timeout before the half Dan gets mad and yells at Dak then just stops and looks away. Not even gonna go into the run the kick team on NO GET BACK high school shit

rtdawg
11-02-2013, 11:33 PM
If we can't beat AU then we are done.....UM is a toss up but our coaches or dumbasses.....

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Sadly! But in some weird way I'm almost glad to see turnovers or at least something player related cost us a game. Actually getting to watch the game now Dak calling the timeout before the half Dan gets mad and yells at Dak then just stops and looks away. Not even gonna go into the run the kick team on NO GET BACK high school shit

I'm with you.

SunCoastDog
11-03-2013, 04:27 AM
Yeah, but almost good puts us in the bottom 1/4 of the SEC. No room for almost good in this league.

hells bells
11-03-2013, 09:33 AM
[QUOTE=SunCoastDog;78819]Yeah, but almost good puts us in the bottom 1/4 of the SEC. No room for almost good in this league.[/

Yesterday was a let down no doubt. Turnovers killed us but you cannot lay blame on any one person. The D line is becoming a beast and should only get better. The offense, with Dak having a bad day why not let Russell take a shot. Seemed to be a slap in the face from Mullen. All-in-all it is not a time to beat these guys up but support them. Hell, I have been a bulldog fan for 47 years. It has been much worse.

Bully13
11-03-2013, 09:51 AM
I'm starting to wonder how much depth is playing a part in our 2nd half collapses. I would be interested to know how much rotation these other teams are using in the 2nd halves vs what we are doing. maybe we have to leave our 1st stringers in too long due to our 2nd stringers not being good enough while these other teams can bring in talented 2nd stringers for a while.

Ronny
11-03-2013, 10:41 AM
..we are not almost good.

We are bad. Bad on offense & especially bad on defense & special teams.

Everybody who has beaten us has done it with ease (Auburn being the only exception).

Our opponets know our offense is two dimensional. They know when Prescott breaks off a 50 yd run for a TD it is an anomaly & will have no bearing on how the game plays out.

They know Mullen is going to kill any offensive momentum with lateral passes & running up the middle.

They also know Mullen is a stone cold nutjob who will do things like go for it on 4th & 26.

They know our defense is lazy, poorly coached & has no idea how to cover one-on-one.

We are not almost good.

We are 100% bad.

Rick Danko
11-03-2013, 10:53 AM
..we are not almost good.

We are bad. Bad on offense & especially bad on defense & special teams.

Everybody who has beaten us has done it with ease (Auburn being the only exception).

Our opponets know our offense is two dimensional. They know when Prescott breaks off a 50 yd run for a TD it is an anomaly & will have no bearing on how the game plays out.

They know Mullen is going to kill any offensive momentum with lateral passes & running up the middle.

They also know Mullen is a stone cold nutjob who will do things like go for it on 4th & 26.

They know our defense is lazy, poorly coached & has no idea how to cover one-on-one.

We are not almost good.

We are 100% bad.

Unfortunately, I 100% agree with this statement. For 5 years we have been spoon fed the company line "he finds diamonds in the rough and coaches them up."
Well guess what, when you have a bunch of diamonds and no one to polish them you get what we saw yesterday and every time we play a team worth a damn. Ineptness on every level.
We are poorly coached, poorly prepared, and just not talented enough to beat teams like SC or LSU without someone pulling the strings who can help our guys pull out a victory. And I hate to say it, but after watching the JR High mistakes we made yesterday, Mullen and Co just aren't able.