PDA

View Full Version : Could Mike Leach's "Air Raid Offense" use more of these type athletes?

jdelta02
03-05-2020, 01:30 PM
Mike Leach's Air Raid system, and bringing in more of the Kevin Prentiss type athletes to help execute it. Can put them in the slot or spread out. Also, some tripple stack sets, ect.

Any thoughts?

Anyone know anything about the Rufus Harvey kid from Starkville? Also, saw where "Tulu" Griffin ran a 4.4 and a 4.31 at Miss. State camp.

Todd4State
03-05-2020, 02:26 PM
I think a guy like Prentiss would have thrived in the Air Raid.

jdelta02
03-05-2020, 06:43 PM
I think a guy like Prentiss would have thrived in the Air Raid.

Definitely

Not only was he a speedster, but could run routes and catch really well...even the long ball. Extremely elusive, and oftentimes electrifying with the ball in his hands. He was constantly a major threat to take it to the house.

Kevin Prentiss, Eric Moulds, and Olanda Truitt were 3 of the most explosive, big play type receivers to come through the program. You have Mardye McDole. Also, Danny Knight from back in the Emory Bellard coaching days....a really good player to play in the slot. Possibly speedster Fred Hadley (split wide type guy) as well. Others include....Louis Clark, Chad Bumphis, Fred Ross, Jameon Lewis, and Arceto Clark. Still not everyone.

Robert Bean- a former defensive back, is definitely in the conversation for most elusive, and most electrifying with the ball in his hands. My opinion, he's right there with Kevin Prentiss. (Note) Bean played in the same defensive backfield at Miss. State as Fred Smoot..they were a dynamic duo.