PDA

View Full Version : If we fire Mullen....

Jdawg
11-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Who can we get to coach here? I'm concerned that if we fire our coach after 1 bad season it will look bad and make it hard for someone to want to coach here.

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 09:51 PM
someone who wants to make 2 million plus for 5 years at the least..

Jdawg
11-02-2013, 09:58 PM
I just think its wrong to give up on Dan already. We still have a chance to get to a bowl game this year also. He's been to a bowl game every year and even in his first year even though he didn't get to a bowl he beat the Black Bears. He's earned one bad year.

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Who can we get to coach here?

http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics32/400/MH/MHGVYQXPDQRZTPC.20101212172831.jpg

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 10:12 PM
http://image.cdnl3.xosnetwork.com/pics32/400/MH/MHGVYQXPDQRZTPC.20101212172831.jpg

where have I seen this awesome pic before? haha!!

Jdawg
11-02-2013, 10:16 PM
I guess Hudspeth is the obvious choice. He's got a hot wife too. I'd post a picture of her if I knew how.

Dawg61
11-02-2013, 10:20 PM
I just think its wrong to give up on Dan already. We still have a chance to get to a bowl game this year also. He's been to a bowl game every year and even in his first year even though he didn't get to a bowl he beat the Black Bears. He's earned one bad year.

The problem is everyone else around Dan has gotten better while he's stayed in the same spot. He got too comfortable and the opposition went out and upgraded while MSU was content patting Dan on the back (which was deserved). We had our opportunity to leave some programs in the dust and that time has already passed us by. Hindsight is 20/20. Now we know and we better not let Hud pass us by either. But again the problem is much larger than Dan. There's in need of a major overhaul so that when Hud is here he will be afforded the opportunity to win. Just hiring a new coach and leaving the compliance department and athletic department as is will only ensure failure will continue. We can't afford to not give our coach as equal a playing field as we can possibly make it.

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2013, 10:26 PM
The problem is everyone else around Dan has gotten better while he's stayed in the same spot. He got too comfortable and the opposition went out and upgraded while MSU was content patting Dan on the back (which was deserved). We had our opportunity to leave some programs in the dust and that time has already passed us by. Hindsight is 20/20. Now we know and we better not let Hud pass us by either. But again the problem is much larger than Dan. There's in need of a major overhaul so that when Hud is here he will be afforded the opportunity to win. Just hiring a new coach and leaving the compliance department and athletic department as is will only ensure failure will continue. We can't afford to not give our coach as equal a playing field as we can possibly make it.

Exactly. Our chicken little, little brother fans that have the Bearz living rent free in their heads don't understand this. Unless we address the administrative problems, who we have coaching doesn't matter a single damn. And those that do understand it are content to ignore it in their quest to hire Blond Jesus.

SunCoastDog
11-03-2013, 04:38 AM
If we wait, Hud may get snapped up by another D1 program after this season. He knows its difficult to win here plus we play in a murderous division. We may not be able to get him after this year. Not ready to give up on Dan yet, but you have to worry if we keep him and end up having to fire him later, who we may be able to draw if Hud has moved on.

Op4isabitch
11-03-2013, 09:56 AM
I'd like to introduce our new first family of MSU football.

Jdawg
11-03-2013, 10:01 AM
I've got no problem with hiring HUD and his edible wife. I just think Dan can still get it done. Man, his wife really is hot.

scottycameron
11-03-2013, 10:09 AM
I'd like to introduce our new first family of MSU football.

any way you can make that smaller?

hacker
11-03-2013, 10:12 AM
I've got no problem with hiring HUD and his edible wife. I just think Dan can still get it done. Man, his wife really is hot.

settle down dude

Op4isabitch
11-03-2013, 10:19 AM
any way you can make that smaller?

I'll work on it.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
11-03-2013, 10:30 AM
This is setting up for disaster. I can see it now: We move on from Mullen > Hud goes on to coach someone else > We hire someone not named Hud > Half the fanbase doesn't support the new coach simply because he's not Hud > That same portion of the fanbase increases their yelling about Strick > We remained a split fanbase and continue in our mediocrity

awesome

engie
11-03-2013, 10:32 AM
This is setting up for disaster. I can see it now: We move on from Mullen > Hud goes on to coach someone else > We hire someone not named Hud > Half the fanbase doesn't support the new coach simply because he's not Hud > That same portion of the fanbase increases their yelling about Strick > We remained a split fanbase and continue in our mediocrity

awesome

IF this happens, Strick should fire himself for his own stupidity.

No way you fire Mullen without something postdated on paper from Hudspeth.