PDA

View Full Version : Not a betting man but Matharu this weeks SEC freshmen of week

R2Dawg
03-01-2020, 04:27 PM
No contest.

99jc
03-01-2020, 04:32 PM
Vic has a dilemma. Bench his favorite player Taylor and play Matharu.

R2Dawg
03-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Vic has a dilemma. Bench his favorite player Taylor and play Matharu.

Yep it appears that way doesn't it. Vic has to be careful about how he manages this team and probably all his teams going forward. He has more talent than he can play.

parabrave
03-01-2020, 05:59 PM
Should be but the SEC and SECN is in love with the Cocks freshman Trio. Heck they were naming their All Frosh team and RJ didn't even make their 2nd string.

jdelta02
03-01-2020, 06:11 PM
Coach Schaefer indicated at the post game press conference that he was going to start Matharu for this game, but that she was 7 minutes late for the bus. Indicated that he thinks that she's part of the rotation now, if not in the starting lineup. Indicated that he thinks that she has worked her way in, has earned it...will see how practice goes.

Dawgology
03-01-2020, 07:55 PM
Should be but the SEC and SECN is in love with the Cocks freshman Trio. Heck they were naming their All Frosh team and RJ didn't even make their 2nd string.

Typical Cock sucking by ESPN of the South Carolina WBB team. It's every year.

Apoplectic
03-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Vic has a dilemma. Bench his favorite player Taylor and tplay Matharu.

tayor has to play- she?s should be taking danberry min

Captain Falcon
03-01-2020, 09:59 PM
Myah and Jordan both have important roles, but I agree that Aliyah needs starter minutes or close to it. My wife and I both said to each other at the game on Thursday that she needs to be playing a lot from now on. I think the expectation next year is that she slides into Jordan’s starting spot as the 2 guard.

R2Dawg
03-02-2020, 01:35 PM

Yeah, typical SECN ESPN BS. RJ is in running for national freshman of the year. I think she is a lock for SEC but you know the power of USC and Dawn Staley with those type things. Remember 3 time SEC POY Aja Wilson? VV was robbed her senior year that we won SEC. What are chances they don't give a USC player a major award? Howard will get POY so RJ for freshman may get snubbed.

R2Dawg
03-02-2020, 01:39 PM
tayor has to play- she?s should be taking danberry min

I disagree; Danberry is a matchup problem. She can drive and score on anyone. I like Taylor but on O, all she can do is dribble around with little threat to score except an open layup which doesn't happen very often. That dribble weave stuff sometimes drives me crazy. The other team just stands there and doesn't even have to worry about a shot. Different story when Matharu, Hunter or Bibby on floor.

Dawg2003
03-02-2020, 03:32 PM
We need a cross between Jordan and Myah. Myah is a much better facilitator and turns the ball over less. She will also take charges. Jordan gives you more offense. We need a PG that can do all those things.

jdelta02
03-02-2020, 05:48 PM
Myah's tough, she's a good, up and coming point guard. She, Jordan, and JaMya...all need Aliyah to help spread the floor, open up the offense, lanes, ect. Myah had 10 assists, Jordan had 5 assists, and a good bit of that is due to the "Matharu Effect." Matharu helps her teammates to better execute, and produce by making perimeter shots, extending the defense outward, ect. Both (Myah and Jordan) play better with Matharu in the game....."catalyst."