PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Match vs Long Beach State

CadaverDawg
03-01-2020, 01:26 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/3r2eth.jpg

KOdawg1
03-01-2020, 01:28 PM
We aren't wearing black today because Long Beach State is. I'm cool with it lol. I'm fine with the black jerseys but I hate the black pants.

Anyways, let's hope our bats stay hot.

CadaverDawg
03-01-2020, 01:31 PM
Wish the blacks would disappear. They're ugly. Maybe we beat their ass today and the players decide whatever we wear today is good luck. Maybe we can retire the blacks with Mangum's number ha

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 01:41 PM
I always wondered what the blacks would look like with grey or white pants? Black jersey/black hat,helmet/white,grey pants...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Oh and this game is all on Cerentola. If he can throw strikes, they won?t hit him. If he walks a lot, that plays right into LBSU hands with the bunting and stealing bases...

AlSwearengen
03-01-2020, 01:47 PM
Would someone kindly post a link to the video of today’s game when it starts? I couldn’t get LB’s site to load it yesterday. I found a link that someone here posted and that worked for me. Thanks

magrooder
03-01-2020, 02:02 PM
https://bigwest.org/watch/default.aspx?Live=2785&path=long_beach
It just started.

magrooder
03-01-2020, 02:04 PM
https://bigwest.org/watch/default.aspx?Live=2785&path=long_beach
It just started.

Well,the game hasn't started yet, but the site is showing commercials now.

hp22
03-01-2020, 02:08 PM
I'm not having any luck loading the video

magrooder
03-01-2020, 02:10 PM
It's not working today for some reason. Crap.

msbulldog
03-01-2020, 02:13 PM
ain't working for me either!

hp22
03-01-2020, 02:14 PM
Long Beach Twitter account says they are working to get stream fixed.

Hopefully they can

magrooder
03-01-2020, 02:15 PM
It's working now.

msbulldog
03-01-2020, 02:27 PM
Finally got it, up 2!

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 02:37 PM
Going top 3. State up 2-0. LBSU started bot 2nd with a double and single, the Cerentola k, then the guy tried to steal 2nd and LT threw to 2nd and then Foscue back home to nail runner trying to score. Next guy k?d.

Oh yea, ump is horrible...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 02:42 PM
Going bot 3. Westy GB to 3b, Allen k, Foscue drilled one to CF and he ran it down about 2 ft short of track. Excellent catch that took at least a 2b from Foscue...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 02:49 PM
Top 4. State 2-1

Cerentola gets two quick outs, then a BB, a single, and a single plates 1. Runner is thrown out trying to take 3B.

Cerentola started leaving fastballs up in zone late that inning.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 02:52 PM
Is there no replay review out there? Pimentel was safe.

magrooder
03-01-2020, 02:53 PM
That was terrible. Beat the throw AND the first baseman was pulled off the damn bag.

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 02:53 PM
LBSU getting a lot of home cooking behind the plate and on bases. No way Pimentel was out... I mean he was safe by three steps looked like...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 02:55 PM
Going bott 4. State up 2-1
LBSU getting calls behind the plate and base paths...

Pimentel swinging bunt, safe by three steps and the 1B was off bag and he is called out. (No review??)
James walks, Hatcher ground into DP

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 02:56 PM
LBSU getting a lot of home cooking behind the plate and on bases. No way Pimentel was out... I mean he was safe by three steps looked like...

Yep, and lead off getting on or making an out totally changes the inning.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 02:57 PM
Terrible outfield play by Allen will likely cost us the tying run. May be injured as well. Tough wind today though.

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 02:58 PM
Tanner Allen dives for a ball in RF and is staying in game now. Looks like his arm got rolled up. Runner on 3B, no outs...

Cloak
03-01-2020, 02:58 PM
Gotta catch that. Then once you miss it, can't just lay there. Come on dude

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 02:59 PM
Tanner Allen dives for a ball in RF and is coming out of game. Looks like his arm got rolled up. McGowan now in RF. Runner on 3B, no outs...

Looks like he is staying in. Loafed over getting the ball and misjudged it. Winds today are bad though I know.

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 02:59 PM
Need to get Sims ready. Cerentola leaving balls up in zone now...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 03:02 PM
If Cerentola could throw the CB for a strike, they wouldn?t touch the ball. They look horrible against it, but C, can?t seem to locate them constantly...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Tied game. Runners on 1st and 2nd, 1 out. LBSU still at bat...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 03:07 PM
I have never seen so many ?bloop? hits. Nothing being hit hard by them, but they are finding holes...

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 03:10 PM
Becoming obvious that Allen and Pimentel are both going to be liabilities in the outfield so we need both to produce at the plate.

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 03:11 PM
Going top 5, tied at 2.

GB to Hatcher ends the inning. Cerentola not happy about something. After stepping on 1st, he kinda chunks the ball across the mound...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 03:14 PM
Hatcher singles to right side. 2B dives and knocks it down throws it away at 1st. Hatcher advances to 2b... no one out...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 03:15 PM
LT with a single to RF who was playing very shallow, Hatcher holds at 3rd even tho he bobbled the ball in RF. 1st and 3rd, no one out...

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 03:19 PM
Rowdy k?s on ball in dirt. Westy up with 1st and 3rd,1 out.

Lord McBuckethead
03-01-2020, 03:21 PM
Wow. That was a rough ending to that inning.

maroonmania
First and third no outs and we can't score. We LOVE swinging at balls below our ankles. Team has no plate discipline.

TNDawg35
Westburg chases ball in dirt and ks, LT thrown out trying to advance to 2nd on dirt ball. Horrible horrible job by top of the order....

Tied 2-2 going bott 5...

Lord McBuckethead
Should have sent hatcher. We are not aggressive enough on the base path.

magrooder
03-01-2020, 03:22 PM
that was two crappy at bats by our first two batters. Weak ass swings at balls in the dirt, way to come up big, SHIT.****

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 03:22 PM
Gotta step away, someone keep me up to date please.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 03:23 PM
Westburg chases ball in dirt and ks, LT thrown out trying to advance to 2nd on dirt ball. Horrible horrible job by top of the order....

Tied 2-2 going bott 5...

Yep, and that was following Rowdey striking out on a ball in the dirt.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 03:24 PM
Gotta step away, someone keep me up to date please.

Think I am going to exit for a while as well. Whenever I'm watching we look terrible.

Lord McBuckethead
03-01-2020, 03:25 PM
FFS.

magrooder
03-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Our defense is putting Cerentola in bad situations.

Lord McBuckethead
03-01-2020, 03:26 PM
Terrible throwing error, they have a runner on 2nd with 1 out. 2-2

Lord McBuckethead
03-01-2020, 03:35 PM
Another two throwing errors, runner on 3rd 2 outs we are down 2 after the first throwing error and double and ground rule double.

magrooder
03-01-2020, 03:48 PM
I swear our hitters don't fight off any close pitches it seems like. Although I don't think Jordan went on the third strike.

HoopsDawg
03-01-2020, 04:09 PM
2 unearned runs, and the inability to score the runner from 3rd with no outs is the difference right now. 5-2 Dirtbags.

HoopsDawg
03-01-2020, 04:15 PM
so clear the LB plan is to throw breaking balls and make us chase. our hitters, particularly Westy and Rowdy, continue to oblige.

New pitcher in for LB. Need to make something happen, B8.

msstate7
03-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Glad we got 1 this weekend. We aren't a good team at the moment

HoopsDawg
03-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Hancock with a lazy fly ball as a pinch hitter. Foscue smokes a ball but it ricochet's off of the 3B to the SS and they throw out Foscue who stumbled. Then Pimentel grounds out again. 3 outs left.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 04:24 PM
I'm not even sure we are a top 20 team at the moment. We aren't a good hitting team right now, our defense is VERY shaky both in the infield and outfield, and we are down our top starter plus our bullpen is still very green. I think the hitting will come around but I could definitely see this team either having to go on the road for a regional or struggling just to make the field. To be honest I'm not that impressed with the team we are losing to. Decent team but nothing special.

Todd4State
03-01-2020, 04:28 PM
I'm not even sure we are a top 20 team at the moment. We aren't a good hitting team right now, our defense is VERY shaky both in the infield and outfield, and we are down our top starter plus our bullpen is still very green. I think the hitting will come around but I could definitely see this team either having to go on the road for a regional or struggling just to make the field. To be honest I'm not that impressed with the team we are losing to. Decent team but nothing special.

The West Coast teams like this- if you make mistakes you're going to lose because they keep the games really low scoring in general.

Personally I think he needs to play Cumbest more, Tanner Leggett less, move Pimentel to DH and hope that Tanner Allen isn't hurt again because that's when our slide started.

HoopsDawg
03-01-2020, 04:31 PM

We aren't a top 20 team right now.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 04:31 PM
The West Coast teams like this- if you make mistakes you're going to lose because they keep the games really low scoring in general.

Personally I think he needs to play Cumbest more, Tanner Leggett less, move Pimentel to DH and hope that Tanner Allen isn't hurt again because that's when our slide started.

No doubt, we are not a fundamentally sound defensive team right now and LBSU exposed it. Westburg is always a wild card with errors at SS but having both Pimentel and Allen in the OF is going to be a weakness all year. Beginning of the end of this game was when Allen misplayed a fairly routine fly ball into a triple and injured himself in the process.

Cloak
03-01-2020, 04:33 PM
Right now we don't look good at any aspect of the game. Hitting, fielding, and pitching look below average.
I think we get it going eventually, but man it's tough seeing us play this bad.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 04:35 PM
Seriously, how many balls below the ankles have we struck out on this weekend? If its 1 its 10.

HoopsDawg
I think without Ginn, we are going to be fighting to make it as a 2 seed somewhere.

Cloak
Back to back strikeouts to start the 9th. Wow.

Cloak
03-01-2020, 04:36 PM
State loses the series.

6-2 final LBSU

HoopsDawg
03-01-2020, 04:36 PM

2 runs in the 1st inning. Shutout over the last 8. Ball game.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 04:37 PM

The vast majority of our Ks this weekend have been on balls out of the strike zone. We have almost no plate discipline.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 04:37 PM
2 runs in the 1st inning. Shutout over the last 8. Ball game.

So in the 18 innings we played in the first and third games we scored a pitiful 2 runs.

West Tn Dawg
03-01-2020, 04:38 PM
Batting sucks! Has for 3 or 4 games at least! They can't lay off pitches in the dirt! Or any sorry ass pitch for that matter! We need a hitting coach.

HoopsDawg
03-01-2020, 04:45 PM

Cumbest has struck out 7 times in 9 AB's. But we definitely need to figure something out and at least Cumbest has upside.

Todd4State
03-01-2020, 04:48 PM
Cumbest has struck out 7 times in 9 AB's. But we definitely need to figure something out and at least Cumbest has upside.

Cumbest plays defense better. So yeah- roughly the same offensive production as Pimentel right now but with better defense? Not ideal but better than Pimentel giving us neither.

It's not like McGowan or Brock are producing either.

The Federalist Engineer
03-01-2020, 04:49 PM
Welp we probably not winning 50 games this year. But that’s alright, this happens. They will find a way to give us some thrills this year.

This team will continue to get better.

We better control the innings that Sims throws this year, 40 innings hard limit.

Todd4State
03-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Welp we probably not winning 50 games this year. But that’s alright, this happens. They will find a way to give us some thrills this year.

This team will continue to get better.

We better control the innings that Sims throws this year, 40 innings hard limit.

We miss Tanner Allen way more than Ginn. He's our best hitter. He gets hurt and then things seem to go awry. Pitching hasn't been too bad this year.

Hopefully we beat USM on Tuesday and then get straight vs. Quinnipiac.

The Federalist Engineer
03-01-2020, 04:54 PM
Batting sucks! Has for 3 or 4 games at least! They can't lay off pitches in the dirt! Or any sorry ass pitch for that matter! We need a hitting coach.

If Long Beach State is a top-10 team, we played ok

If they are a middle of the pack west coast team, we have serious problems.

mparkerfd20
03-01-2020, 05:07 PM
They aren't and we do.

Captain Falcon
03-01-2020, 05:31 PM
They aren't and we do.

They’ll be in the Top 15-20 after this weekend.

Coldsleeve Jr.
03-01-2020, 05:35 PM
We miss Tanner Allen way more than Ginn. He's our best hitter. He gets hurt and then things seem to go awry. Pitching hasn't been too bad this year.

Hopefully we beat USM on Tuesday and then get straight vs. Quinnipiac.

Is Tanner hurt again?

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 05:37 PM
They’ll be in the Top 15-20 after this weekend.

I think they are good, sound team but nothing special. Their offense is below average but they pitch and play defense. Bottom line is we had a lot of chances to score today but they capitalized on their chances and we didn't because they were not going to swing at pitches out of the zone. All LBSU had to do was get to 2 strikes and bury the ball in the dirt and down we would go. We have some good hitters who right now have zero plate discipline.

MetEdDawg
03-01-2020, 05:53 PM
Hard to say much about this team with Ginn and Brandon Smith down along with Tanner Allen in and out with injury.

This team is clearly missing its grinders from last year and is struggling with consistency.

I also think we undersold the impact Jake Mangum had on how the rest of our lineup saw pitches. Every pitch thrown to him was a high pressure pitch. Having Rowdey at the top doesn't scare pitchers nearly as much. Missing a disruptor like Mangum has allowed pitchers to attack the middle of our lineup more

Todd4State
03-01-2020, 07:04 PM
Is Tanner hurt again?

Yes. They pulled him out of the game again today. Different injury.

Todd4State
03-01-2020, 07:06 PM
Hard to say much about this team with Ginn and Brandon Smith down along with Tanner Allen in and out with injury.

This team is clearly missing its grinders from last year and is struggling with consistency.

I also think we undersold the impact Jake Mangum had on how the rest of our lineup saw pitches. Every pitch thrown to him was a high pressure pitch. Having Rowdey at the top doesn't scare pitchers nearly as much. Missing a disruptor like Mangum has allowed pitchers to attack the middle of our lineup more

Ha! Mangum swung at more first pitches than any leadoff hitter in baseball history. Of course you can do that when your barrel control is freakish.

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 07:17 PM
We played a good complete game Sat. That?s how good we can be.

I don?t think the line up order is doing us any favors. We need a legit lead off man... Someone needs to step up. Rowdey isn?t it. He is too streaky.

Furthermore, our approach at the plate sucks sometimes. We let fastballs right down the plate go by, then swing at a slider in the dirt. I just don?t understand. When we had 1st and 3rd With no outs, we had a chance to end them. We score some runs there, it?s over. We didn?t. Rowdey has a shit approach and then Westburg had an even shittier one. After that, it was like we lost all hope. We made errors and went back to the horrible plate approach.

I do think we pull it together at some point. The season is young. LBSU wasn?t wry good, but they were gritty. They made you pay when you made a mistake.

Now I will say, Foscue had two balls, Rowdey had one, and Hatcher had one today that if we are home or any other SEC park, those balls are long gone. That changes the game a lot.

I don?t know whether JG or Lemonis is coaching the hitting, but whichever is, we need to try the other guys approach. Lemonis was suppose to really good hitting coach along with recruiter. Something isn?t working and we need a change this year. We need someone to coach them and not treat them like the majors and let them figure it out, cause they ain?t figuring it out alone...

Now on a side note, the umps were complete shit. I mean COMPLETE shit. Cerentola was getting agitated on the mound. We was having strikes called balls all day. He even threw his hands up a couple times and was like where was that?! Even on Pimentel, he was three steps Sade at first... That wasn?t even close!!

But hey, that?s baseball. Adapt and overcome...

MetEdDawg
03-01-2020, 07:29 PM
Ha! Mangum swung at more first pitches than any leadoff hitter in baseball history. Of course you can do that when your barrel control is freakish.

And that's the thing. Pitch one is a pressure pitch because you know he will ambush it. He probably saw more first pitch off speed pitches than anyone in the last few years at MSU.

That is missing from our team. No one has the ability to control the bat and the game like he did. He dictated at bats like no one on our team can do right now. And that missing has affected the middle of our lineup.

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 07:39 PM
It always seemed if Mangum was hitting, the whole team hit. If he slumped, the same...

Look at Rowdey Sat. He hit the ball really well and the whole team responded.

We need someone on the leadoff spot who is consistent. Or more consistent what Rowdey...

Todd4State
03-01-2020, 08:09 PM
It always seemed if Mangum was hitting, the whole team hit. If he slumped, the same...

Look at Rowdey Sat. He hit the ball really well and the whole team responded.

We need someone on the leadoff spot who is consistent. Or more consistent what Rowdey...

Tanner Allen needs to leadoff or hit second. Rowdey needs to be somewhere between 6-9.

TNDawg35
03-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Tanner Allen May very well have a broken wrist... waiting on x rays...

MetEdDawg
03-01-2020, 08:15 PM
Tanner Allen needs to leadoff or hit second. Rowdey needs to be somewhere between 6-9.

I think Tanner Allen is the guy if he plays again this year. Better at spoiling pitches and can do damage. Obviously not the speed you want but that's not what we need necessarily right now. We need someone who can battle and set the table. A healthy Allen fits that bill.

Lemonis saying he is concerned about the x Rays is not a good sign.

maroonmania
03-01-2020, 08:18 PM
We played a good complete game Sat. That?s how good we can be.

I don?t think the line up order is doing us any favors. We need a legit lead off man... Someone needs to step up. Rowdey isn?t it. He is too streaky.

Furthermore, our approach at the plate sucks sometimes. We let fastballs right down the plate go by, then swing at a slider in the dirt. I just don?t understand. When we had 1st and 3rd With no outs, we had a chance to end them. We score some runs there, it?s over. We didn?t. Rowdey has a shit approach and then Westburg had an even shittier one. After that, it was like we lost all hope. We made errors and went back to the horrible plate approach.

I do think we pull it together at some point. The season is young. LBSU wasn?t wry good, but they were gritty. They made you pay when you made a mistake.

Now I will say, Foscue had two balls, Rowdey had one, and Hatcher had one today that if we are home or any other SEC park, those balls are long gone. That changes the game a lot.

I don?t know whether JG or Lemonis is coaching the hitting, but whichever is, we need to try the other guys approach. Lemonis was suppose to really good hitting coach along with recruiter. Something isn?t working and we need a change this year. We need someone to coach them and not treat them like the majors and let them figure it out, cause they ain?t figuring it out alone...

Now on a side note, the umps were complete shit. I mean COMPLETE shit. Cerentola was getting agitated on the mound. We was having strikes called balls all day. He even threw his hands up a couple times and was like where was that?! Even on Pimentel, he was three steps Sade at first... That wasn?t even close!!

But hey, that?s baseball. Adapt and overcome...

No doubt the umps were completely biased. And when no replay is involved its much easier to get away with it. Replay doesn't help with balls and strikes but at least you can check safe/out calls.

Todd4State
03-01-2020, 09:31 PM
Tanner Allen May very well have a broken wrist... waiting on x rays...

Let me revise my earlier post.

Lord McBuckethead
03-01-2020, 09:43 PM
Broken wrist or not, I would still bat him 1st. We need him or Foscue to get as many at bats as possible.

JK, but he probably could do just as good as some 1 handed.