PDA

View Full Version : Huge WIN. State making a push for the tourney!

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-29-2020, 06:32 PM
Awesome win on the road. Win out and I think we are in. Even split the last 2 and 2 in the SECT gives us a chance. Going to be a fun last stretch.

99jc
02-29-2020, 06:39 PM
Watching this team is not what I call fun!

Dawgcap
02-29-2020, 06:45 PM
Not a lot of teams showing any dominant tendencies. We aren?t great but we are capable of making noise. We are also capable of flopping.
While not fun at times it has made for a bit of excitement. If we can manage the next 2 we have opportunities in front of us.

msstate7
02-29-2020, 06:58 PM

Won a game on the road as a dog, hush

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-29-2020, 07:02 PM

Exactly. I guess the 5-7 threads describing how bad we suck and how the coach is obviously washed up will have to wait at least a few days.

Cloak
02-29-2020, 07:04 PM

We ended up as underdogs? Last I saw right before the game was State as a 1 point favorite

msstate7
02-29-2020, 07:08 PM
We ended up as underdogs? Last I saw right before the game was State as a 1 point favorite

Not sure. Bout an hour before, it was mizzou -1

Ari Gold
02-29-2020, 07:44 PM

Then don’t ****ing watch... pretty simple

BeardoMSU
02-29-2020, 07:46 PM

Exactly. Go watch reruns of Mash, ffs.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-29-2020, 08:27 PM

Oh they are watching, they are just waiting for us to lose so they can complain.

Dawgcap
02-29-2020, 08:38 PM
The busiest threads are always when we are losing. Check out baseball tonight. Busy a bit early. After the lead kinda quiet compared to last night.

tcdog70
02-29-2020, 09:07 PM
I thought it was a fun watch. To me it is a blast watching Ado--do the dirty work.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-29-2020, 09:20 PM
He has been awesome the past 6 games. Plays so hard. Love that guy

R2Dawg
02-29-2020, 09:25 PM
He has been awesome the past 6 games. Plays so hard. Love that guy

I love Ado's game. He brings it and to me he sets the tone. Used to say Spoon but it is Ado now.

Big win on road. We win the next two, we should be a lock. Go 1-1 and finish in top 4 in SEC, I say we still should be in. I am still not sure what couple games is keeping us under some of these other teams. They keep pumping up UF and Ark. Ark been doing nothing but losing for a month.

We have separated ourselves from the pack the last 10 games.

99jc
02-29-2020, 09:33 PM
Alright then I don't want to hear any of you bitch and moan when we don't make the tourney....I speak the truth and 17 you roller coaster arm chair coaches.

R2Dawg
02-29-2020, 10:16 PM
Alright then I don't want to hear any of you bitch and moan when we don't make the tourney....I speak the truth and 17 you roller coaster arm chair coaches.

What are you talking about?

MaroonFlounder
02-29-2020, 10:41 PM
Excitement/Excrement

Very close to the same word. And both describe MSU basketball at times.

Dawgcap
02-29-2020, 10:43 PM

Then don?t act like you are a fan if we make it! But something tells me you will be the proudest biggest fan! Ha

BeardoMSU
02-29-2020, 10:54 PM

Ahhhhdorable*

Ari Gold
02-29-2020, 11:02 PM

You would probably bitch and moan if we do make it..

Dawgcap
02-29-2020, 11:06 PM
You would probably bitch and moan if we do make it..
I disagree. This is the guy who will put on Maroon and act like the biggest fan! Will be loud and proud until it?s not cool to be.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-29-2020, 11:33 PM

Better to be a men?s armchair coach than a women?s arm chair recruiting expert

hp22
02-29-2020, 11:55 PM
We have another challenge ahead at USC. I know we are inconsistent but we are the type of team you don't want to play in the tourney. Our size and athleticism can be tough to deal with.

We are 10-3 in our last 13 sec games. As Nick gets more comfortable, we get better. And that in turn results in Tyson playing his true role. Both were very good today. And when they both play well, we are tough to beat.

Just keep winning

msstate7
03-01-2020, 12:03 AM
Sec road teams were 1-6 today; we were the 1 winner. Big win

Acid mouth
03-01-2020, 12:38 AM
It looks like it's down to State and Florida for the 4th bid out of the SEC... which scares me. Barring something crazy, I think 4 teams is what the SEC gets in. While the experts have Bama, Arkansas, and USCe as "bubble teams", I don't see any of the three having a realistic chance. If you remember back during the 09-10 season, we won the West (9-7 with the tie breaker on Miss) heading into the SEC tournament. We beat Florida (9-7 SEC record), and then worked #20 Vanderbilt. We had #2 Kentucky beat in the championship game but John Wall's lane violation was missed and we went on to lose by 1 point in double overtime. Most felt like we were a lock at this point but we were snubbed as Florida managed to get in over us. I still haven't gotten over that but I don't want to hijack the thread. Point being that this season has an eerily similar feel as it will most likely be us or Florida and we beat them on the road. But this is Florida Gator Basketball I'm talking about. While we have two tough games left in the regular season, two must win games, I think it's in our best interest to draw Florida in the SEC tourney and whip their ass again.

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-01-2020, 12:47 AM
It looks like it's down to State and Florida for the 4th bid out of the SEC... which scares me. Barring something crazy, I think 4 teams is what the SEC gets in. While the experts have Bama, Arkansas, and USCe as "bubble teams", I don't see any of the three having a realistic chance. If you remember back during the 09-10 season, we won the West (9-7 with the tie breaker on Miss) heading into the SEC tournament. We beat Florida (9-7 SEC record), and then worked #20 Vanderbilt. We had #2 Kentucky beat in the championship game but John Wall's lane violation was missed and we went on to lose by 1 point in double overtime. Most felt like we were a lock at this point but we were snubbed as Florida managed to get in over us. I still haven't gotten over that but I don't want to hijack the thread. Point being that this season has an eerily similar feel as it will most likely be us or Florida and we beat them on the road. But this is Florida Gator Basketball I'm talking about. While we have two tough games left in the regular season, two must win games, I think it's in our best interest to draw Florida in the SEC tourney and whip their ass again.

2010 selection day is the worst day I can remember in any sport as an MSU sports fan (and that?s saying something) is losing that guy wrench game and then immediately being left out of the tournament is the biggest dick punch I can ever remember as a fan. Hopefully history doesn?t repeat itself.

Dawgcap
03-01-2020, 01:04 AM
We win the next 2 I don?t think it?s a worry. Must win upcoming at USCE. We win it and against Mississippi we are in. Screw all the stuff we win next 2 it?s a given. 12-3 last 15 in conference with a neutral site loss to Oklahoma in last seconds

Ari Gold
03-01-2020, 08:44 AM
3 weeks ago I thought 12-6 was a lock for us.. not so sure now.
With teams like UCLA and Providence who were dead In The water just a few weeks ago now seem to be in.

The SEC will get four teams in for sure and should get 5 if we finish 12-6 and 4th seed. But it?s not as clear as it was before

Yesterday was a killer With these teams with big wins
UCLA
USC
Nc State
Providence
Oklahoma
Hell even Texas is back in play .. as silly as that sounds

Tuesday is YUGE......

confucius say
03-01-2020, 09:02 AM
UCLA is projected in only as automatic qualifier right? With a net in the 70s, they better not get in as at large or else I don't want to hear anything else about the importance of the net.

Our net is 52 by the way. The net hates us. In the last three weeks we've lost at OM and at Aggie while winning at ark and at mizzou plus at home vs usce and bama and gone from 41 to 52 in the net.

ETA: even if we lose to usce this week but beat OM to finish 11-7, usc beats us and vandy to finish 11-7, and Florida splits this week with uga and ky to finish 11-7, we would be the 4 seed and get the double bye bc we win the 3 team tiebreaker thanks to us being 2-1, usce being 1-2 (lost to Florida in only game against them), and fla being 1-1. Tiebreak goes to best winning percentage of the three teams head to head.

KOdawg1
03-01-2020, 09:12 AM
I think we need to win a few in the SECT to have a chance. Need the opportunity to play Auburn, UK, or LSU

msstate7
03-01-2020, 09:17 AM
UCLA is projected in only as automatic qualifier right? With a net in the 70s, they better not get in as at large or else I don't want to hear anything else about the importance of the net.

Our net is 52 by the way. The net hates us. In the last three weeks we've lost at OM and at Aggie while winning at ark and at mizzou plus at home vs usce and bama and gone from 41 to 52 in the net.

ETA: even if we lose to usce this week but beat OM to finish 11-7, usc beats us and vandy to finish 11-7, and Florida splits this week with uga and ky to finish 11-7, we would be the 4 seed and get the double bye bc we win the 3 team tiebreaker thanks to us being 2-1, usce being 1-2 (lost to Florida in only game against them), and fla being 1-1. Tiebreak goes to best winning percentage of the three teams head to head.

South Carolina is 63rd. We need this Q1 win.

R2Dawg
03-01-2020, 09:29 AM

Boy you are right; we got the screw that year. We may get it again this year. All I keep hearing is media downing us and pimping UF, Ark, and now even Bama and USC, etc. We've beat them all and sitting at #4. If we go one and done in SECT, they may keep us out which is BS. We win the next 2 we should be automatic in.

confucius say
03-01-2020, 09:37 AM
South Carolina is 63rd. We need this Q1 win.

For sure.

If we get the four seed, and chalk holds, we'd get fla Friday and ky sat. Two more quad 1 chances.

R2Dawg
03-01-2020, 09:42 AM
For sure.

If we get the four seed, and chalk holds, we'd get fla Friday and ky sat. Two more quad 1 chances.

I like both those matchups, we need that to happen. UF would be a playin game though. That is what they will use to keep us out if we lose even if we are 14-3 the last 17 games.

RLM38654
03-01-2020, 02:35 PM
2010 selection day is the worst day I can remember in any sport as an MSU sports fan (and that?s saying something) is losing that guy wrench game and then immediately being left out of the tournament is the biggest dick punch I can ever remember as a fan. Hopefully history doesn?t repeat itself.

I don't think you could describe that day any better.

PGHBulldogBG
03-02-2020, 09:25 AM
The fact that teams with losing conference records could make it is ridiculous. The first criteria of the selection committee should be to automatically disqualify all teams that aren?t at least .500 in their conference. I am still mad Oklahoma at 7-11 got in 2 years ago but we won 21 games and went 9-9 in conference and got left out. If we go 12-6 or 11-7 and get left out over some big 12 or big 10 team with a losing conference record would be criminal.