PDA

View Full Version : In some ways I wish we could just shut down the message boards until the Ark game...

maroonmania
11-02-2013, 07:14 PM
we know its going to be 2 more really bad weeks coming up and nothing much positive can come out of the constant berating. I will agree with C34 in that what decisions we make about our football program going forward will ultimately be made based on what happens in our last 2 games, not the next 2.

bluelightstar
11-02-2013, 07:16 PM
How sad that an SEC team in the 5th year of a head coach already knows that it won't even be competitive against 2 division rivals.

Dawgface
11-02-2013, 07:17 PM
Then I would have to bitch to my dog and he doesn't want to hear it.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 07:19 PM
So it doesn't matter what we look like against A&M and Bama? UM lost to A&M by 3 and to Bama by 25 but had 4 chances in the redzone and came away with nothing. They kick fgs and they are within 2 tds. So is that a fair measure to compare?

Churchill
11-02-2013, 07:30 PM
Arkansas is one of the worst SEC teams I`ve ever seen. Losing to them would be like losing to a SWAC team. I just don`t believe it can happen. As far as a measuring stick the Arkansas game should be disqualified.

maroonmania
11-02-2013, 07:38 PM
So it doesn't matter what we look like against A&M and Bama? UM lost to A&M by 3 and to Bama by 25 but had 4 chances in the redzone and came away with nothing. They kick fgs and they are within 2 tds. So is that a fair measure to compare?

Actually if we beat Ark and OM OR lose to Ark and OM it really won't matter much about how we look against A&M and Bama. If we go 6-6 then everyone will be back in reasonably good spirits, 4-8 and people will be ready to slit their wrists. 5-7 means we know people won't be happy but will likely be willing to go with whatever decision is made and in that case it might matter how respectable the A&M and Bama games are.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Actually if we beat Ark and OM OR lose to Ark and OM it really won't matter much about how we look against A&M and Bama. If we go 6-6 then everyone will be back in reasonably good spirits, 4-8 and people will be ready to slit their wrists. 5-7 means we know people won't be happy but will likely be willing to go with whatever decision is made and in that case it might matter how respectable the A&M and Bama games are.

So a few years ago we barely crossed the 50 on Bama and last year, A&M could name their score and it doesn't matter? Hell we should let Damian Williams start the next 2 so Dak doesn't get hurt. Since we have already lost the next 2, we can't risk Dak getting hurt.

maroonmania
11-02-2013, 07:47 PM
So a few years ago we barely crossed the 50 on Bama and last year, A&M could name their score and it doesn't matter? Hell we should let Damian Williams start the next 2 so Dak doesn't get hurt. Since we have already lost the next 2, we can't risk Dak getting hurt.

I personally wouldn't be totally against that strategy especially for the Bama game.