PDA

View Full Version : IF we lose to Arkansas

Relf2.0
11-02-2013, 07:07 PM
That's a big big big IF obviously. Does Mullen get fired soon after IF that happens? That would mean we are out of bowl contention or would he deserve to finish the season?

Jacksondevildog
11-02-2013, 07:12 PM
Arkansas is bad and I don't feel like we will win the game. Until this team plays a full 4 quarters (on the road), how can we think any differently?

Dawg61
11-02-2013, 07:12 PM
blacklistedbully says we'll beat Johnny Football. All is well

bluelightstar
11-02-2013, 07:13 PM
If we lose to Arkansas, I'm sure people will say road SEC games are just hard to win. Just wait until the schedule flips and we get Arkansas at home!

Relf2.0
11-02-2013, 07:17 PM
5-7 and beating Ole Miss means he is probably staying

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2013, 07:20 PM
If we lose to Arky, then I'll join the fire Mullen bandwagon. I'll also join it if we finish 5-7. For me, it's Bowl or Go for Dan. What I think many of us are saying is all this speculation is pointless right now and isn't helping anything. I'd think the only MSU message board that openly acknowledges that message boards do in fact have an affect on recruiting would understand why many of us are saying "let the season play out." I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

For what it's worth, I still think we beat Arky and the Bearz to go to a bowl.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 07:21 PM
If we lose to Arkansas, I'm sure people will say road SEC games are just hard to win. Just wait until the schedule flips and we get Arkansas at home!

You didn't know we are only allowed to hope for more than Birmingham on every other year when we get winnable games at home.

DownwardDawg
11-02-2013, 07:23 PM
5-7 and beating Ole Miss means he is probably staying

No way we are beating ole miss.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 07:24 PM
Coach34 was calling for Stans to be fired long before that last season. What makes this any different?

bluelightstar
11-02-2013, 07:24 PM
No way we are beating ole miss.

I'm really curious how people keep predicting that we'll beat Ole Miss. They have looked better than us every week and have a much more impressive resume. The only thing people can point to is that the Egg Bowl's home. Yeah, I'm sure the hundreds of students who are in attendance will create a hell of a home field advantage.

RougeDawg
11-02-2013, 07:36 PM
We make too many mistakes to even beat out own meat. It's almost beyond laughable at this point how many times we kill ourselves with stupidity.

War Machine Dawg
11-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Coach34 was calling for Stans to be fired long before that last season. What makes this any different?

Because Rick had discipline problems, a clear lack of respect from his players, no S&C program to speak of, "Moultrie knee," continuously divided locker rooms, the list goes on and on and on. I haven't seen any of that with Mullen. If I did, then I'd be the first to say it was time for a change, and I'd bet C34 would be right there with me. But we play hard in a brutal conference.

I know it sounds like an excuse, but we ARE a young team. The difference is we are a young, talented team as opposed to a young, untalented team. We're taking our lumps and trying to learn how to win. It doesn't happen overnight. We had SCar right where we wanted them today, but instead of making the plays, we found ways to screw up. It sucks, I hate it, but it happens. Today was the first time Dak has looked rattled and unsure of himself. You knew it would happen eventually, it just blows that it happened in a winnable road game. I'm more concerned with all the drops, lack of general fight from our WRs, and mystifying substitution patterns. We miss Malone up front, but Beckwith has been solid and Clayborn looks special. Frankly, he needs to be getting a larger percentage of Beckwith's snaps. Dak will bounce back. But I'm giving away some of my thoughts before tomorrow, so I'll stop.

TrapGame
11-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Losing to Arkansas would be most embarassing. They really, really suck. Losing to a shitty Arky and an average OM, finishing 4-8, would be unacceptable in yr 5.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 07:40 PM
I'm really curious how people keep predicting that we'll beat Ole Miss. They have looked better than us every week and have a much more impressive resume. The only thing people can point to is that the Egg Bowl's home. Yeah, I'm sure the hundreds of students who are in attendance will create a hell of a home field advantage.

Because we have played like shit this year, have shown flashes of being good this year, and have to play a good game at some point. We've played well in 1 games this year and that was Troy. All other games, we have played like crap.

For me, I just believe that we are bound to put together a complete game at some point, and, if we do it against OM, we will win. We just have to at some point.

That's my hope.

bluelightstar
11-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Because we have played like shit this year, have shown flashes of being good this year, and have to play a good game at some point. We've played well in 1 games this year and that was Troy. All other games, we have played like crap.

For me, I just believe that we are bound to put together a complete game at some point, and, if we do it against OM, we will win. We just have to at some point.

That's my hope.

I guess I just don't think we're going to put together a complete game because I don't think we're coached well. Hugh Freeze is going to take Dan Mullen's lunch money again.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Because Rick had discipline problems, a clear lack of respect from his players, no S&C program to speak of, "Moultrie knee," continuously divided locker rooms, the list goes on and on and on. I haven't seen any of that with Mullen. If I did, then I'd be the first to say it was time for a change, and I'd bet C34 would be right there with me. But we play hard in a brutal conference.

I know it sounds like an excuse, but we ARE a young team. The difference is we are a young, talented team as opposed to a young, untalented team. We're taking our lumps and trying to learn how to win. It doesn't happen overnight. We had SCar right where we wanted them today, but instead of making the plays, we found ways to screw up. It sucks, I hate it, but it happens. Today was the first time Dak has looked rattled and unsure of himself. You knew it would happen eventually, it just blows that it happened in a winnable road game. I'm more concerned with all the drops, lack of general fight from our WRs, and mystifying substitution patterns. We miss Malone up front, but Beckwith has been solid and Clayborn looks special. Frankly, he needs to be getting a larger percentage of Beckwith's snaps. Dak will bounce back. But I'm giving away some of my thoughts before tomorrow, so I'll stop.

Excellent post

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 07:45 PM
I guess I just don't think we're going to put together a complete game because I don't think we're coached well. Hugh Freeze is going to take Dan Mullen's lunch money again.

And I can't blame you for feeling that way after the way we have played this season. But, again, we do show the ability to score and play defense at a high level, we just don't typically do them at the same time.

I prefer to believe things will "gel" and "click" at some point, and, when it does, we will be very tough to beat for any team.

You don't beat South Carolina in virtually every stat if you are a completely inept team. We've just got to put it all together.

bluelightstar
11-02-2013, 07:48 PM
You don't beat South Carolina in virtually every stat if you are a completely inept team. We've just got to put it all together.

Now everybody spent all week telling me that South Carolina wasn't even that good. But now, outgaining them shows that Mullen is on the right track? (That's not a knock on you.) It just seems that the Mullen defenders are shooting at moving targets that get lower and lower every week.

I just want someone to explain to me why we should stick with Mullen. It's no coincidence that we've lost 7 of 9 SEC games by an average of over 24 points (Auburn this year is the only one that was by less than 2 TDs.)

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Now everybody spent all week telling me that South Carolina wasn't even that good. But now, outgaining them shows that Mullen is on the right track? (That's not a knock on you.) It just seems that the Mullen defenders are shooting at moving targets that get lower and lower every week.

I just want someone to explain to me why we should stick with Mullen. It's no coincidence that we've lost 7 of 9 SEC games by an average of over 24 points (Auburn this year is the only one that was by less than 2 TDs.)

Bluelight, your trying to hard to dislike him now.

Who said that SC wasn't any good? We just said they were beatable, but their still the #14 team in the country, beating them in most every stat should tell you something about what this team is capable of.

I think your interpretation of what people were saying was way off.

And we should keep Mullen because we are young and talented, and it's the young players that are making the mistakes.

bluelightstar
11-02-2013, 07:53 PM
Bluelight, your trying to hard to dislike him now.

Who said that SC wasn't any good? We just said they were beatable, but their still the #14 team in the country, beating them in most every stat should tell you something about what this team is capable of.

I think your interpretation of what people were saying was way off.

I think the thread was "Someone tell me why we should be so scared of South Carolina?" And there were numerous posts about how they weren't that good. In fact, the reason I remember it so clearly was that I even said there: "All this tearing down South Carolina will make for some interesting reading when they beat us by 2+ TDs." Which they did. And it is.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 07:53 PM

It is because we shouldn't expect to compete with the upper half of the SEC. We are only allowed to compete against the rotating teams in the bottom of the barrell. Don't worry, we should always beat UK and whichever SEC team is going down the shitter and about to fire their coach. That should get us to Birmingham or Memphis. Some years we can compete with mediocre teams when we have them at home and hope for Nashville.

Statecoachingblows**
11-02-2013, 09:45 PM
On the bright side we had OFFENSIVE HIGHLIGHTS on espn...recruits take notice

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 09:50 PM
It is because we shouldn't expect to compete with the upper half of the SEC. We are only allowed to compete against the rotating teams in the bottom of the barrell. Don't worry, we should always beat UK and whichever SEC team is going down the shitter and about to fire their coach. That should get us to Birmingham or Memphis. Some years we can compete with mediocre teams when we have them at home and hope for Nashville.

it is so sad but you just spoke a mouthful of truth in this post!!!

HancockCountyDog
11-02-2013, 10:03 PM
The season comes down to Arkansas.

We have to beat them to have a shot at a bowl. Our team could quit if they don't have a bowl to play for in the egg bowl. We have to beat Ark.

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 10:07 PM
I think the thread was "Someone tell me why we should be so scared of South Carolina?" And there were numerous posts about how they weren't that good. In fact, the reason I remember it so clearly was that I even said there: "All this tearing down South Carolina will make for some interesting reading when they beat us by 2+ TDs." Which they did. And it is.

Yep