PDA

View Full Version : Sec ranks in winning % in big 3 last 3 years (sec games only)

msstate7
02-26-2020, 08:40 AM
Football = 9th (46%)
Baseball = 6th (58%)
Basketball = 6th (54%)

I just don't see how our basketball program is embarrassing other than the support we give it

deadheaddawg
02-26-2020, 08:54 AM
The competition isn't even.

The sec is the best conference in football and baseball. The competition is very tough. Being competitive in the sec in football and baseball means you can be competitive on a national level.

In basketball the sec isn't nearly as strong. So while we may be a middle of the pack SEC team in basketball, that doesn't translate the same way a middle of the pack baseball or football does.

msstate7
02-26-2020, 09:01 AM
The competition isn't even.

The sec is the best conference in football and baseball. The competition is very tough. Being competitive in the sec in football and baseball means you can be competitive on a national level.

In basketball the sec isn't nearly as strong. So while we may be a middle of the pack SEC team in basketball, that doesn't translate the same way a middle of the pack baseball or football does.

We were NIT semi finals in 2017

5-seed in ncaat in 2018 (obviously disappointing loss to end it)

This year is yet to be determined

Again, I'm not embarrassed by our basketball program.

PGHBulldogBG
02-26-2020, 09:01 AM
Many fans see four and five star players on our basketball roster and think we should be Kentucky. Florida Auburn and LSU have those players too and aren?t really that far ahead of us in the standings this year. In fact UF, Aub and LSU were all picked preseason ahead of State. If we finish 5th in the SEC I don?t see what we are complaining about when that?s about where we should be based on our roster vs the other SEC teams. Sure I wish Howland was a better X and O coach but he?s keeping us competitive and recruiting is good

Cooterpoot
02-26-2020, 09:07 AM
Expectations are rarely met. I think eliminating divisions has hurt too because we've got nothing to compete for except a top 6 finish now. Then you've got the whole bullshit seating arrangement that caters to the money toting blue hairs, while treating students like they've got corona virus.

msstate7
02-26-2020, 09:10 AM
Expectations are rarely met. I think eliminating divisions has hurt too because we've got nothing to compete for except a top 6 finish now. Then you've got the whole bullshit seating arrangement that caters to the money toting blue hairs, while treating students like they've got corona virus.

We've certainly got issues with attendance that we have to figure out. Wish we could come up with a reward program for season ticket holders that their tickets get used 80% of the time or something similar.

Saltydog
02-26-2020, 09:22 AM
Part of the problem is that we lose some games we shouldn't but we rarely beat a team that's better than us...?.We wouldn't be in this mess right now if we'd won games against NMSU, La Tech, UM, A&M...?..That is compounded by the perceived lack of effort in some of those...?.If we'd just won two of those, this probably isn't a discussion right now.....

Cooterpoot
02-26-2020, 09:25 AM
The OM game ended all support (that was there) just about like Morehead losing to Mullen. Fans are tired of watching that kind of crap.

BeardoMSU
02-26-2020, 09:26 AM
I think eliminating divisions has hurt too because we've got nothing to compete for except a top 6 finish now.

SEC West banners?

Going 8-8 but "winning a championship" is not the same as "competing"....but that was Stans' bread and butter. It was telling he was the only HC to vote to keep divisions back then.

Cooterpoot
02-26-2020, 09:28 AM
SEC West banners?

Going 8-8 but "winning a championship" is not the same as "competing"....but that was Stans' bread and butter. It was telling he was the only HC to vote to keep divisions back then.

But the fans liked it and we weren't struggling to get asses in the seats. We've played for nothing since, and fans are gone.

thf24
02-26-2020, 09:45 AM
Many fans see four and five star players on our basketball roster and think we should be Kentucky.

The thing they don't understand is that there's a very wide spectrum of players crunched together at the very top of the rating scale in basketball. The kind of players blue bloods like UK recruit are on a completely different level than the kind of high four and low five stars Stansbury and Howland so far have recruited, even though they're only a point or two (or less) apart in rating. If basketball ratings were spread out to the same degree as football, my guess is our average rating would be around a low four star.

Expectations are rarely met.

Expectations are often set too high based on revisionist history.

Liverpooldawg
02-26-2020, 10:04 AM
We've certainly got issues with attendance that we have to figure out. Wish we could come up with a reward program for season ticket holders that their tickets get used 80% of the time or something similar.

We used ours 90% of the time for 20+ years, till we were stripped of our seats that we were promised we could always have as long as we bought tickets. There were a bunch of people like us. Many quit when it happened, we carried on for a few years (with better seats) but it just wasn't the same. We found ourselves going less and less (this was prior to Ray) because we didn't know the people around us, and they were never the same year to year and many times from game to game. There were a lot of cooperate seats around us. It wasn't uncommon for opposition fans to be in those seats. It just wasn't as much fun. I wouldn't go back to being a season ticket holder now even if they go back to doing it the way they used to. I wouldn't believe one word MSU said about it. I don't like being lied to. I still go to a game every now and then, but I only do it when I absolutely want to and when I easily can. I don't plan things around it anymore or go when it would be the least bit of a bother. I used to. There are a lot of locals still around like me, or locals who were our kids. If they hadn't changed it, I'd almost certainly have stayed with it. Most of them would have too. The core of the basketball fanbase that went to the Hump for most games, esp the weekday games, lived mostly with in an hour or so of Starkville. It wasn't large, but it WAS the core of the crowd. It was maybe 2500 to 3500 people. We lost a lot of them because of the choice that Greg Byrne made.

Cooterpoot
02-26-2020, 10:20 AM
The thing they don't understand is that there's a very wide spectrum of players crunched together at the very top of the rating scale in basketball. The kind of players blue bloods like UK recruit are on a completely different level than the kind of high four and low five stars Stansbury and Howland so far have recruited, even though they're only a point or two (or less) apart in rating. If basketball ratings were spread out to the same degree as football, my guess is our average rating would be around a low four star.

Expectations are often set too high based on revisionist history.

Yeah, losing to La Tech, OM, NMSU etc. should be expected***

DawgNsuds
02-26-2020, 10:32 AM

You mean like this?

MEN’S BASKETBALL

2019-20 SCAN REWARDS:
50% SCANS: Entered to Win 2 Tickets to the SEC Men's Basketball Tournament + 20% Off State Style Purchase
75% SCANS: 1 Bulldog Club Point + Men's Basketball Locker Room Tour + Entered to Win One of Five Team Signed Basketballs
90% SCANS: 1 Bulldog Club Point (2 Total) + Shoot Around in the Hump + Entered to Win One of Five Coach Howland Signed Jerseys

https://hailstate.com/sports/2017/11/7/basketball-ticket-scan-rewards-programs.aspx

I have MBB tickets but don't live in Starkville and can't make all of the games. The reality is that often times, I can't even give them away.

thf24
02-26-2020, 10:32 AM

Parity in basketball is the highest it's ever been and continuing to steadily increase. See UK vs Evansville this year. We in particular have never been above losing non-conference games like those, and those kind of teams are only getting better. So no, it shouldn't be a strong expectation not to lose any games like that ever. As far as OM, it was a rivalry game on the road. Yes, it was embarrassing and disappointing, but I'm never going to be surprised at anything that happens when we play that school in almost anything.

BrunswickDawg
02-26-2020, 10:57 AM
Parity in basketball is the highest it's ever been and continuing to steadily increase. See UK vs Evansville this year. We in particular have never been above losing non-conference games like those, and those kind of teams are only getting better. So no, it shouldn't be a strong expectation not to lose any games like that ever. As far as OM, it was a rivalry game on the road. Yes, it was embarrassing and disappointing, but I'm never going to be surprised at anything that happens when we play that school in almost anything.

And NMSU is currently projected as a 14 seed, probably WAC champ; La Tech can get in if they win CUSA (they are 2nd, 1 game back of North Texas with 3 to play) - so It's not like we went out and lost to an 8-18 UNO.
We actually played a decent OOC schedule this year - and did relatively well - which is why we are still in the first four out right now.

We just need to win these last 3 and take care of business

Johnson85
02-26-2020, 12:45 PM
And NMSU is currently projected as a 14 seed, probably WAC champ; La Tech can get in if they win CUSA (they are 2nd, 1 game back of North Texas with 3 to play) - so It's not like we went out and lost to an 8-18 UNO.
We actually played a decent OOC schedule this year - and did relatively well - which is why we are still in the first four out right now.

We just need to win these last 3 and take care of business

It seems like we really didn't the way the committee seems to reward good wins and ignore losses to good teams. I know there is a limit to how many good teams we can play while still filling out our home schedule in an economically favorable way, but I think we need to add a few more opportunities for good wins OOC.

R2Dawg
02-26-2020, 12:52 PM

Somewhat true on expectations. As 7 posted we are not an embarrassment at all, 7-8 years ago was. We can be near the top again. SEC is not a basketball conf as many have noted. UK and UF about the only real top programs. LSU, UT, Aub, SC all temporary success just like we have been.

Ari Gold
02-26-2020, 03:42 PM
West banners..?? Wow.. there is a reason every sec coach but one voted for the way the format is now .. and that one was Stands..
so losing to OM “did it” for most fans.. I guess OM blowhards are right all that matters is beating them... how sad

People are running out of excuses to get behind the men’s hoops team. If you don’t want to that’s fine.. just stop bogging down threads with bullshit like Fire Ben , he can’t coach, team doesn’t play hard, ect... just don’t watch but don’t jump on board if we make the dance and if we make a run

And enough with the students are getting screwed... they barely fill up the lower levels as is and are as dead as any student section in the league..yes it would be nice to get them down closer to the action.. but lower level student seating should be full EVERY GAME. thank God Candyman sits in the student section he is the only one with a pulse there.. When the band is leading the way in noise made coming for the student section it’s a sad deal..

And with the lower level season tickets holders. There are 9 home league games .. maybe 4 or 5 are going to be on a weekend.. so you know that half the games are going to be played on Tuesday or Wednesday... so stop acting like it’s a shock we play a midweek game at 8
And yes they are all on TV if you enjoy watching them on Tv stop buying season tickets. I’m sure some of the upper level fans that come to over half of the games would love those lower level options

Joebob
02-26-2020, 06:01 PM
West banners..?? Wow.. there is a reason every sec coach but one voted for the way the format is now .. and that one was Stands..
so losing to OM “did it” for most fans.. I guess OM blowhards are right all that matters is beating them... how sad

People are running out of excuses to get behind the men’s hoops team. If you don’t want to that’s fine.. just stop bogging down threads with bullshit like Fire Ben , he can’t coach, team doesn’t play hard, ect... just don’t watch but don’t jump on board if we make the dance and if we make a run

And enough with the students are getting screwed... they barely fill up the lower levels as is and are as dead as any student section in the league..yes it would be nice to get them down closer to the action.. but lower level student seating should be full EVERY GAME. thank God Candyman sits in the student section he is the only one with a pulse there.. When the band is leading the way in noise made coming for the student section it’s a sad deal..

And with the lower level season tickets holders. There are 9 home league games .. maybe 4 or 5 are going to be on a weekend.. so you know that half the games are going to be played on Tuesday or Wednesday... so stop acting like it’s a shock we play a midweek game at 8
And yes they are all on TV if you enjoy watching them on Tv stop buying season tickets. I’m sure some of the upper level fans that come to over half of the games would love those lower level options

The students don’t get excited for the same reason I don’t. It’s the way the team plays. Why is that so hard to understand?

basedog
02-26-2020, 06:18 PM
The students don’t get excited for the same reason I don’t. It’s the way the team plays. Why is that so hard to understand?

Disagree, times have changed, Msy students as a whole could care less about basketball. They don't pack the Hump for the women's games either.

Ari Gold
02-26-2020, 06:53 PM
The students don?t get excited for the same reason I don?t. It?s the way the team plays. Why is that so hard to understand?

The way the team plays...... wow.. Too bad we aren?t the ?96 Chicago Bulls I guess..
just curious what college teams style of play do you like ..

And It?s ok.. maybe men?s college hoops just isnt for you..

Ari Gold
02-26-2020, 06:56 PM
Disagree, times have changed, Msy students as a whole could care less about basketball. They don't pack the Hump for the women's games either.

If that’s the case, and it may very well be , why is the excuse used ALL the time about the student seating? So if they had Better seats they would come then ? They have 4-5 sections in the lower bowl right now

Bothrops
02-26-2020, 06:59 PM
I'm starting to think the only way fans would return to men's hoops games is if we sucked in everything else.

deadheaddawg
02-27-2020, 12:23 AM
Student Attendance Dropping for Duke Men?s Basketball Games

Chris Brown/FanSided Jun 30, 2017

https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/student-attendance-dropping-for-duke-men-s-basketball-games-011917

Gonzaga Has a Student Attendance Issue

You can hear a pin drop in The Kennel.

By Peter Woodburn on December 5, 2019

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/2019/12/5/20997148/gonzaga-attendance-student-section

Why Colleges Are Worried About Declining Student Sports Attendance

https://www.samford.edu/sports-analytics/fans/2015/student-attendance-decline-correlated-with-lower-future-alumni-giving

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-27-2020, 01:08 PM
The OM game ended all support (that was there) just about like Morehead losing to Mullen. Fans are tired of watching that kind of crap.

This is the truth. All our fans are concerned with is beating Ole Miss in anything. It's why there were 9500 fans at the women's game that State won by 60.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-27-2020, 01:12 PM
Part of the problem is that we lose some games we shouldn't but we rarely beat a team that's better than us...?.We wouldn't be in this mess right now if we'd won games against NMSU, La Tech, UM, A&M...?..That is compounded by the perceived lack of effort in some of those...?.If we'd just won two of those, this probably isn't a discussion right now.....

We Beat Auburn last season at home with minimal fan support. They were a late game blunder away from playing for the national championship.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-27-2020, 01:25 PM

Kind of like losing to an 0-9 Texas Southern team?

Oh well That's Baseball...* Amiright?

basedog
02-27-2020, 01:30 PM
Kind of like losing to an 0-9 Texas Southern team?

Oh well That's Baseball...* Amiright?

Add South Alabama beating a DM team in football, how bout NLU beating a JWS team in football or how bout this good one, Sly beating Saban in football**** It happens says Forrest Gump!

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-27-2020, 01:36 PM
Add South Alabama beating a DM team in football, how bout NLU beating a JWS team in football or how bout this good one, Sly beating Saban in football**** It happens says Forrest Gump!

Sly beating Saban is honestly the biggest coaching upset in the history of college football. Bama wasn't really anything special in 07' but the fact that Croom beat Saban is mind boggling.

Some fans will still defend Croom because of it. Insane

MadDawg
02-27-2020, 02:10 PM
SEC West banners?

Yeah how stupid was it for Stans to vote in the best interest of MSU. So stupid.

dantheman4248
02-27-2020, 03:01 PM
The way the team plays...... wow.. Too bad we aren?t the ?96 Chicago Bulls I guess..
just curious what college teams style of play do you like ..

And It?s ok.. maybe men?s college hoops just isnt for you..

Jesus you have such a complex. You get mad at people telling you the truth. It's not an entertaining product for a lot of MSU people. It's not arguable at this point. The attendance and general apathy speaks to it. People tell you why. Perceived effort. Lack of Offensive game plan. Too much me-ball not enough we-ball.

This is what people see and why they generally don't care to watch us. We don't win enough or pull enough upsets to make this entertaining for people. The only draw is that it's Men's Basketball and we "should care."

That's reality. Hate it all you want. Keep getting mad. It doesn't change it. I support because I love basketball and my school. Team is tough to be a fan of though. But your logic that people are bad fans if they don't support means your a bad fan if you don't go to every sporting event. Why aren't you at every Volleyball game? Every Tennis Match? Every Soccer Match?

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-27-2020, 03:09 PM
Yeah how stupid was it for Stans to vote in the best interest of MSU. So stupid.

Stansbury voted in the best interest of Stansbury, not MSU. The only thing that winning the west accomplished was hanging a meaningless banner in the Hump and keeping the fans off of his ass. Winning the west made absolutely no difference in post season play.

thf24
02-27-2020, 03:22 PM
Stansbury voted in the best interest of Stansbury, not MSU. The only thing that winning the west accomplished was hanging a meaningless banner in the Hump and keeping the fans off of his ass. Winning the west made absolutely no difference in post season play.

To play devil's advocate, the east was generally better than the west during Stansbury's tenure, which benefited us by getting to play west teams twice and east teams once every year.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-27-2020, 03:24 PM
Jesus you have such a complex. You get mad at people telling you the truth. It's not an entertaining product for a lot of MSU people. It's not arguable at this point. The attendance and general apathy speaks to it. People tell you why. Perceived effort. Lack of Offensive game plan. Too much me-ball not enough we-ball.

This is what people see and why they generally don't care to watch us. We don't win enough or pull enough upsets to make this entertaining for people. The only draw is that it's Men's Basketball and we "should care."

That's reality. Hate it all you want. Keep getting mad. It doesn't change it. I support because I love basketball and my school. Team is tough to be a fan of though. But your logic that people are bad fans if they don't support means your a bad fan if you don't go to every sporting event. Why aren't you at every Volleyball game? Every Tennis Match? Every Soccer Match?

You are right, Girl's Soccer doesn't draw a lot of fans, and people are not terrible MSU fans if they don't attend. I don't have an interest in girl's soccer. It doesn't make me a bad MSU fan to admit that. Also, when the soccer team loses a games, or even doesn't win in a pretty way, this entire message board doesn't log on as quickly as possible to bitch about it. THAT's the difference. Our fans claim not to care, and then try to tear down the program at the first sign of adversity.

When comparing the last 2 seasons with the "Glory Days" the 2 eras are very comparable, but people continue to make BS excuses why they can't attend games. If you don't care, that's one thing. If that's the case don't attend and don't chime in on basketball threads. However, the constant amount of complaining on this board proves to me that people do care, but choose not to show up anyways. Big upsets are a hell of a lot easier to achieve when there is a intimidating home court advantage...

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-27-2020, 03:28 PM
To play devil's advocate, the east was generally better than the west during Stansbury's tenure, which benefited us by getting to play west teams twice and east teams once every year.

This is a fair argument. Although, if it were all about avoiding East teams, one would think that the entire SEC West would have voted the same, but they didn't.

MadDawg
02-27-2020, 04:03 PM

So we lost divisions, fired Stansbury and MSU basketball has been a better product ever since. Great call.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-27-2020, 04:47 PM
So we lost divisions, fired Stansbury and MSU basketball has been a better product ever since. Great call.

Doing away with divisions had literally nothing to do with Stans firing

Johnson85
02-27-2020, 05:34 PM
This is a fair argument. Although, if it were all about avoiding East teams, one would think that the entire SEC West would have voted the same, but they didn't.

I think the argument was that it made it harder for West teams to have good RPI's and didn't really accomplish anything since there wasn't a one game championship like in Football.

I think the other coaches had the right idea in that it probably does make scheduling easier for both east and west (east by giving them flexibility to play more good teams OOC, which they could do easily at the time with their geographic overlap/proximity to ACC teams; west by not saddling them with relatively weak RPI games in conference when it is harder for them to get good OOC matchups).

I think Stansbury actually had the right idea though as far as fans like banners and ADs shouldn't be in the habit of reducing opportunities to make fans happy.

Ari Gold
02-27-2020, 05:36 PM

Possible your dumbest post yet.. and that’s saying a lot.

Quaoarsking
02-27-2020, 06:48 PM

Most major conference teams play similar to us or worse and have better fan support, so it is not easy to understand.

dantheman4248
02-27-2020, 07:23 PM
Possible your dumbest post yet.. and that?s saying a lot.

You know what you're right. I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt that you have any intelligence at all. I'll stop pretending you have any.

MadDawg
02-28-2020, 01:25 PM
Doing away with divisions had literally nothing to do with Stans firing

Then it's a good thing I literally didn't link the two. Great call.

StarkVegasSteve
02-28-2020, 02:17 PM
Most major conference teams play similar to us or worse and have better fan support, so it is not easy to understand.

It's actually very easy to understand. I stated this exact same thing last year. The Athletic Dept. as a whole has not made going to the men's games fun for whatever reason. They're barely promoted, but when McGowan lost a freaking shoe last year our marketing dept ate it up and posted about 20 different videos of it like she had walked on water. Q hits a buzzer beater and if it wasn't for watching the game you wouldn't even have known it happened. Same thing when it comes to the seating, they give seats away to corporations and big money people who come twice a year instead of fans who WANT to be there. Yet, they let the common fans come to the women's game. The line I always hear is that the men's team can't connect with the fans, hell they're never given the chance to. They run the women's team out every chance they get.

I mean no other program, not USCe, UCONN, Tennessee, Oregon, or any top women's program promotes that program more than the men's program. You don't over promote what's losing you money and under promote the money maker. And again, this isn't sour grapes at the women's team. They deserve the support they get. I think Schaefer is a fine coach. But to pretty much not even acknowledge a team that is 66-33 in the last 3 years is just mind boggling.

confucius say
02-28-2020, 02:37 PM
It's actually very easy to understand. I stated this exact same thing last year. The Athletic Dept. as a whole has not made going to the men's games fun for whatever reason. They're barely promoted, but when McGowan lost a freaking shoe last year our marketing dept ate it up and posted about 20 different videos of it like she had walked on water. Q hits a buzzer beater and if it wasn't for watching the game you wouldn't even have known it happened. Same thing when it comes to the seating, they give seats away to corporations and big money people who come twice a year instead of fans who WANT to be there. Yet, they let the common fans come to the women's game. The line I always hear is that the men's team can't connect with the fans, hell they're never given the chance to. They run the women's team out every chance they get.

I mean no other program, not USCe, UCONN, Tennessee, Oregon, or any top women's program promotes that program more than the men's program. You don't over promote what's losing you money and under promote the money maker. And again, this isn't sour grapes at the women's team. They deserve the support they get. I think Schaefer is a fine coach. But to pretty much not even acknowledge a team that is 66-33 in the last 3 years is just mind boggling.

Does each individual program on campus have a person who runs its social media and markets the team? Or is it a centralized process where one person is responsible for the promoting of all teams?

Bc I follow all of the teams on twitter and baseball pushes way more stuff out than men's basketball.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-28-2020, 03:11 PM
Then it's a good thing I literally didn't link the two. Great call.

You listed them right beside each other in the reasoning for the collapse of MBB at MSU. Great Call*

MadDawg
02-28-2020, 03:22 PM
You listed them right beside each other in the reasoning for the collapse of MBB at MSU. Great Call*

LMAO. YOU said that Stans voting to keep divisions was for completely self-serving reasons and claimed it was not in the best interest of MSU. So I just took that to it's natural conclusion that since he didn't get what he wanted, MSU certainly is better off now. Firing Stans was just the icing on the cake for those, like you, that know what's best for MSU. And who can deny it? The basketball program is easily the best it's ever been. So, great call.

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-28-2020, 04:03 PM
LMAO. YOU said that Stans voting to keep divisions was for completely self-serving reasons and claimed it was not in the best interest of MSU. So I just took that to it's natural conclusion that since he didn't get what he wanted, MSU certainly is better off now. Firing Stans was just the icing on the cake for those, like you, that know what's best for MSU. And who can deny it? The basketball program is easily the best it's ever been. So, great call.

Stans voting to keep divisions was self serving, but never did I claim it was in the best interest of MSU. Honestly, it didn't matter. We could go 8-8 in conference and win the west or not, but we were still missing the tournament which is what ultimately mattered. Another SEC West Champions banner was just window dressing for the fans. Everyone on this board "Knows whats best for the University", that's why we get on here and discuss it. We fired Stansbury at the wrong time. It should have either been a year earlier or a year later. The basketball program isn't at it's best ever, but it's back to about the average during the "glory years". While this team isn't as good as the teams from 01-04 they are just as good as any Jamont/Rhodes team, but the difference is that fans actually attended games back then as opposed to now .

MadDawg
02-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Stans voting to keep divisions was self serving, but never did I claim it was in the best interest of MSU. Honestly, it didn't matter. We could go 8-8 in conference and win the west or not, but we were still missing the tournament which is what ultimately mattered. Another SEC West Champions banner was just window dressing for the fans. Everyone on this board "Knows whats best for the University", that's why we get on here and discuss it. We fired Stansbury at the wrong time. It should have either been a year earlier or a year later. The basketball program isn't at it's best ever, but it's back to about the average during the "glory years". While this team isn't as good as the teams from 01-04 they are just as good as any Jamont/Rhodes team, but the difference is that fans actually attended games back then as opposed to now .

Well then maybe, just maybe, those useless banners kept fan interest higher, which led to more support and better attendance. Didn't have a thing to do with us making the tournament, I'll agree. But could have played a little role in helping the fans not tune out completely.

Quaoarsking
02-28-2020, 08:58 PM

That's an interesting point that I haven't really considered, but I was replying to a poster who claimed it was "the way the team plays" that keeps fans away, and I don't think that can be true when you look at how other better-supported teams play too.

Ari Gold
02-29-2020, 07:55 PM
You know what you're right. I keep giving you the benefit of the doubt that you have any intelligence at all. I'll stop pretending you have any.

Awesome .. Thanks.. leave the hoops thread and talks to the knowledgeable ones...
Take your shit elsewhere ..

dantheman4248
03-02-2020, 01:49 AM
Awesome .. Thanks.. leave the hoops thread and talks to the knowledgeable ones...
Take your shit elsewhere ..

Yes that is good advice for yourself.

BiscuitEater
03-02-2020, 01:30 PM
SEC West banners?

It was telling he was the only HC to vote to keep divisions back then.

Yet, seldom lost to OM, had ~ 78% SEC win %, winning % against EVERY west team, energized MSU BB and packed the Hump!

We are now 'hoping' and 'praying we can at least beat OM at home!

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Yet, seldom lost to OM, had ~ 78% SEC win %, winning % against EVERY west team, energized MSU BB and packed the Hump!

We are now 'hoping' and 'praying we can at least beat OM at home!

Because beating Ole Miss is the only thing that matters