PDA

View Full Version : Coach Mike Leach?s hangout...........

Littleman
02-25-2020, 11:33 PM
https://www.hurricaneholekeywest.com/

Todd4State
02-26-2020, 12:09 AM
I need to go to Key West soon.

BeastMan
02-26-2020, 09:06 AM
He’s got a barstool with his name on it. You don’t have to go that far to hang out with Leach though. You can catch him at MM Shapley’s too. That’s his local spot.

Saltydog
02-26-2020, 09:29 AM
His local spot is in Ridgeland? He doesn't have a spot in/around Starkville?

Coursesuper
02-26-2020, 10:25 AM

If you've never been you defiantly do.

Mjoelner34
02-26-2020, 11:43 AM
He’s got a barstool with his name on it. You don’t have to go that far to hang out with Leach though. You can catch him at MM Shapley’s too. That’s his local spot.

Leach, Urban Meyer and Jimmy Buffett are the ones I remember seeing there. There are more though. I dont remember if they had one in Hemmingway's honor because that was his watering hole back in the day too. Different business name but same building.

BeastMan
02-26-2020, 01:32 PM
His local spot is in Ridgeland? He doesn't have a spot in/around Starkville?

I meant local to me. Anytime there is business with politicians, the governor, etc...

BeastMan
02-26-2020, 01:46 PM

Rec: Stay at The Reach Resort. End of Duval so it’s quiet at night. Has it’s own beach (not many places have a beach in KW). And the best Cuban food on island is at a corner market across the street. Snorkel the coral reef. Jet ski around the island. Eat lots of seafood except conch (it sucks). Stop by Pilar and see if they have a limited edition you can snag. Smoke a Cuban cigar. That’s pretty much it. If you’re lucky, like on my last trip, you can hang with a Russian mobster poolside all week.

starkvegasdawg
02-26-2020, 01:47 PM
When I first read the thread title I thought it said Mike Leach's buyout. I was thinking he hasn't even coached a game yet and people already talking about what his buyout is.

Coursesuper
02-26-2020, 02:25 PM
Rec: Stay at The Reach Resort. End of Duval so it’s quiet at night. Has it’s own beach (not many places have a beach in KW). And the best Cuban food on island is at a corner market across the street. Snorkel the coral reef. Jet ski around the island. Eat lots of seafood except conch (it sucks). Stop by Pilar and see if they have a limited edition you can snag. Smoke a Cuban cigar. That’s pretty much it. If you’re lucky, like on my last trip, you can hang with a Russian mobster poolside all week.

I'll second the trip to Papas Pillar the 24 is fantastic and if you can catch one of the special runs its worth the price plus some. They have some great fishing shirts also.

FISHDAWG
02-26-2020, 02:49 PM

Just make sure you don't go down there during the recreational Lobster season opening weekend with out reservations like I did ..... the only vacancy in the Keys that weekend was a 2-story Villa at Hawks Kay Resort back up on Isla-Morada ... Yes I paid $400 per night until we headed for the Northern Gulf 3 days later.... Couldn't get a fishing charter down there either

Jack Lambert
02-26-2020, 03:10 PM
so that is where Cohen did all his willing and dealing.

was21
02-26-2020, 08:10 PM
Hopefully he doesn't have one foot in Starkville and the other one in Key West

BeastMan
02-26-2020, 10:32 PM

He owns a house in Key West

Lord McBuckethead
02-26-2020, 11:39 PM

I don't care where his other foot is. He did this same thing at every stop for as much as I know. Put it this way, it didn't help having Moorhead in his office everyday.

State82
02-26-2020, 11:46 PM
Plus, it is a hell of a lot closer from Starkville to Key West than it is from Pullman to Key West. Just saying.