PDA

View Full Version : -4 Tonight: Huge Game: Bubble Watch

confucius say
02-25-2020, 03:13 PM
Per lunardi, we are fourth team out right now.

Obviously we have to win.

Ok is the next to last team in and plays at home vs Texas tech tonight. NC state is last four in and plays at 96 NET-North Carolina tonight.

KentuckyDawg13
02-25-2020, 03:20 PM
Wonder if any fans will show?

I actually wrote Cohen an email about the attendance issue and he stated that there is the internal team looking at solutions to ensure our student-athletes and fans have a great environment. Whatever that means?

Jack Lambert
02-25-2020, 03:26 PM

I actually wrote Cohen an email about the attendance issue and he stated that there is the internal team looking at solutions to ensure our student-athletes and fans have a great environment. Whatever that means?

Sounds like the assistant replied for him with the company statement.

KentuckyDawg13
02-25-2020, 04:14 PM
Probably so. I have received emails from Stricklin back in the day and it was much better worded, for an AD that is.

MaroonFlounder
02-25-2020, 04:51 PM
Only 4 SEC teams will get in. MSU will not be one of them.

TALL DAWG
02-26-2020, 01:09 AM
Only 4 SEC teams will get in. MSU will not be one of them.

I?ll wager that if we win the last 3 + 1 sec Tourney game we should be in.
And, if we are not, we can blame it on the 2 bad losses to La Tech and NMS.

Todd4State
02-26-2020, 01:24 AM

Hopefully it means moving the students back to where they were.

basedog
02-26-2020, 07:47 AM
Hopefully it means moving the students back to where they were.

Not sure moving students is gonna solve the attendance problems, hell it's hit and miss with students attending any of our sports now days.

Btw, 8-5 in the Sec standings is above average for our basketball team. I don't see that Howland has done such a bad job as some on ED think. I do wish one thing, he would make a change or two in his staff, wish he had an "up and coming" younger Coach being groomed for his replacement. His overall Msu record is above average for us, let's hope he gets us in the dance for the second year in a row which hasn't happened but a few times in our history!

ejdallas322
02-26-2020, 08:12 AM
We honestly don?t really have an excuse for the poor attendance. There are so many teams that are far worse than we are and we are even that bad we are just inconsistent. Georgia is not close to being a tournament team yet on any given night it seems they can fill their arena up. Hell, even Ole Miss has better attendance. And yes while it?s not just students faults, I do remember when there were literally quadruple the amount of students that showed up back in 2011 and after that season it hasn?t been same ever since.

deltadawg63
02-26-2020, 12:46 PM
I will wager that the advent of the SEC network and all games being televised correlates to the stark decrease in attendance for most baseball games and all men's basketball games. One must realize that the large majority of our fan support is likely 1.5 to 2 hours driving distance away on average unlike most all of the other SEC schools. Honestly, I doubt the Golden Triangle provides 75% of the season ticket sales for men's basketball and more than 60% of the season ticket sales for baseball. Even Auburn area likely has a population of 300,000 within 30 minutes. Don't underestimate this issue. Still need to give students the 50% of the surround floor seats for enhancing the atmosphere. I am confident that could be accomplished and still satisfy the season ticket request for lower level.

R2Dawg
02-26-2020, 12:55 PM
I will wager that the advent of the SEC network and all games being televised correlates to the stark decrease in attendance for most baseball games and all men's basketball games. One must realize that the large majority of our fan support is likely 1.5 to 2 hours driving distance away on average unlike most all of the other SEC schools. Honestly, I doubt the Golden Triangle provides 75% of the season ticket sales for men's basketball and more than 60% of the season ticket sales for baseball. Even Auburn area likely has a population of 300,000 within 30 minutes. Don't underestimate this issue. Still need to give students the 50% of the surround floor seats for enhancing the atmosphere. I am confident that could be accomplished and still satisfy the season ticket request for lower level.

Agree; not going to lie, SECN has changed mine to a degree.