PDA

View Full Version : So is Ginn having surgery?

confucius say
02-24-2020, 11:39 AM
Saw a post in the long thread from last week that he is having the surgery. Any update as to whether that is true?

Lumpy Chucklelips
02-24-2020, 01:33 PM
The powers that be are keeping this quieter than the CIA does in an operation against China. But in talking to the "supposed" know it alls with boots on the ground, they say that he is having surgery. Time will tell....I guess. Then again, he may disappear and we may never know.

Todd4State
02-24-2020, 02:03 PM
It's weird because it seems like everyone in the know is saying he is having surgery but it seems like JT has been telling people he isn't. Not sure if it's a privacy thing or if he is having trouble processing things or what the situation is.

ShotgunDawg
02-24-2020, 02:16 PM
It's weird because it seems like everyone in the know is saying he is having surgery but it seems like JT has been telling people he isn't. Not sure if it's a privacy thing or if he is having trouble processing things or what the situation is.

If you collectively put all the info together between last year and this year, it's somewhat easy to infer what may be going on.

It's a tough situation.

What Id advise JT to do is to do what's in the best interest to your career 5 years from now.

confucius say
02-24-2020, 02:21 PM
If you collectively put all the info together between last year and this year, it's somewhat easy to infer what may be going on.

It's a tough situation.

What Id advise JT to do is to do what's in the best interest to your career 5 years from now.

That smn in his arm feels off and decision is made to not pitch through it for fear of tearing smn? That's all I can infer. I guess that's the right decision, but sucks.

Sundawg1974
02-24-2020, 02:31 PM
That smn in his arm feels off and decision is made to not pitch through it for fear of tearing smn? That's all I can infer. I guess that's the right decision, but sucks.

What is smn??

confucius say
02-24-2020, 02:59 PM
What is smn??

Good question.

Maverick
02-24-2020, 03:52 PM
I'm no doctor and I'm not sure where all this conversation has gone. Maybe he's having surgery and maybe not but I've been curious if the misdiagnosis (assuming there was one) is the difference between tendinitis and tendinosis. I go back to that LSU series last year when it was pretty visible that JT was off and fighting it. I know they had those lefties in the line up but just his face and his reaction reminds me of a guy who wasn't willing to give up. He battled and it was visible that he was talking to himself almost as if he was telling himself come you sorry bastard he can't hit you, nut up and fight through the pain. He gets a bad rap from some fans for being weak but I would say I see the opposite. That's just my two cents for what it's worth which may not be much and I have zero inside info....

Coach34
02-24-2020, 04:00 PM
Supposedly there is no tear but something is wrong and wont go away. He's been given all the rest possible- so not sure where they will go from here.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2020, 04:25 PM
Supposedly there is no tear but something is wrong and wont go way. He's been given all the rest possible- so not sure where they will go from here.

34 is right, it's not ligament or tendon related.

Maverick
02-24-2020, 04:45 PM
I guess that's why I was curious about the tendinosis because of the time frame and the fact that it could've continued to be reinjured when they thought it was healed. Interesting....

confucius say
02-24-2020, 04:51 PM
34 is right, it's not ligament or tendon related.

Ok, so what does that leave, smn muscular?

Commercecomet24
02-24-2020, 05:05 PM
Ok, so what does that leave, smn muscular?

I can't say, but the kids doing everything he can to get back out there. He's been hurting and trying to work through this. Sometimes no matter how big your heart, your body physcially just won't let you do what you need to do. The kid is a competitor and wants to be out there, he's not or will he ever throw in the towel. This is not because of a lack of heart.

confucius say
02-24-2020, 05:38 PM
I can't say, but the kids doing everything he can to get back out there. He's been hurting and trying to work through this. Sometimes no matter how big your heart, your body physcially just want let you do what you need to do. The kid is a competitor and wants to be out there, he's not or will he ever throw in the towel. This is not because of a lack of heart.

No doubt. I don't believe he's just being a pansy.

Commercecomet24
02-24-2020, 05:48 PM
No doubt. I don't believe he's just being a pansy.

Yes sir, you are correct.

dawgs
02-24-2020, 05:59 PM
He gets a bad rap from some fans for being weak but I would say I see the opposite.

fans that call a guy "weak" for not playing through legit injuries are the worst and should go kick rocks. He's not sitting out for a common cold or a scratchy throat or some minor ailment.

Cowbell
02-24-2020, 06:05 PM
fans that call a guy "weak" for not playing through legit injuries are the worst and should go kick rocks. He's not sitting out for a common cold or a scratchy throat or some minor ailment.

Nothing Makes me want to punch someone in the face more than running down our players, especially ones that are giving it their all like he has. I have found that most of these "fans" never played a meaningful minute of sports at even a competitive high school level.

CadaverDawg
02-24-2020, 06:34 PM
go kick rocks.

Joe, that you? Now I know why our offense hasn't clicked in baseball yet, you're still hanging around.*

shoeless joe
02-24-2020, 07:09 PM
Has anyone said he was weak and wasn’t trying his best? It may have been said but I haven’t read it.

confucius say
02-24-2020, 07:22 PM
Has anyone said he was weak and wasn’t trying his best? It may have been said but I haven’t read it.

Not sure if on here. But I've been shown messages where it's been said by people who wore the uniform that we babied him too much.

Maverick
02-24-2020, 08:41 PM
I agree with the others, it pisses me off too.

Yes there's been names like glass boy thrown around and junk. They are most certainly entitled to their opinion but damn....

Again, I completely disagree with that notion based on what I've seen by him on the mound. He seems to be a big time competitor. Hope all the best for the kid here and later.

We need him back, he makes the team better....

fader2103
02-24-2020, 09:05 PM
I agree with the others, it pisses me off too.

Yes there's been names like glass boy thrown around and junk. They are most certainly entitled to their opinion but damn....

Again, I completely disagree with that notion based on what I've seen by him on the mound. He seems to be a big time competitor. Hope all the best for the kid here and later.

We need him back, he makes the team better....

You know you can only call people names who don't sign with State right out of high school or has a HC that coach34 doesn't like**

Todd4State
02-24-2020, 09:48 PM
Not sure if on here. But I've been shown messages where it's been said by people who wore the uniform that we babied him too much.

FWIW we didn't pitch Cerentola very much if at all in the fall either other than bullpens just like JT. And I remember people saying back in the day that Brandon Woodruff was a "head case" when in reality it turned out that he actually had a fracture in his arm. We see where he is now.

The thing about it is if you pitch someone while they are legitimately hurting that's how you end up with Tommy John.

Maverick
02-24-2020, 09:58 PM
You know you can only call people names who don't sign with State right out of high school or has a HC that coach34 doesn't like**

I guess that's supposed to be a smart ass comment. You can call anybody whatever you want behind a keyboard just like I can call it bullshit.... God forbid anybody get hurt....

Hambone
02-25-2020, 01:55 PM
He’s referring to C34 calling Tommy Stevens names.

Read the board a little bit and get your panties out of your crack.

Jack Lambert
02-25-2020, 03:29 PM
I be surprise if we see him before the start of the SEC weekend starts and then I'd be surprise if it is more then one or two innings a weekend. I don't blame him. His arm is worth a lot of money.

fader2103
02-25-2020, 04:28 PM
I guess that's supposed to be a smart ass comment. You can call anybody whatever you want behind a keyboard just like I can call it bullshit.... God forbid anybody get hurt....

I know your kinda new here but those ** means a sarcastic comment.

Maverick
02-25-2020, 05:03 PM
I know your kinda new here but those ** means a sarcastic comment.

Understood....

Maverick
02-25-2020, 05:07 PM
He’s referring to C34 calling Tommy Stevens names.

Read the board a little bit and get your panties out of your crack.

Sorry, let me go put my BIG BOY panties on, they are comfy though so maybe you should try a pair out.** How about those asterisks??

I did see that stuff about Steven's too but can't say I kept up with who said what.

dawgs
02-25-2020, 05:10 PM
I be surprise if we see him before the start of the SEC weekend starts and then I'd be surprise if it is more then one or two innings a weekend. I don't blame him. His arm is worth a lot of money.

His arm is only worth a lot of money if he is able to show it off. People saying he's sitting out the season and going pro aren't thinking. There's no way he's getting drafted high if he sits out a whole season with a mystery arm injury. Doubt that changes if he throws 30 innings of relief on season either. MLB has plenty of arms to choose from early in the draft that are out there throwing innings. Unless ginn comes back and pitches effectively through sec play without anymore injury issues, he'll need to come back in 2021 and prove he's healthy to get drafted highly.

MaroonFlounder
02-25-2020, 07:59 PM
A certain person with rock solid sources is saying JT is done for the season.