PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky

msstate7
04-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Drew 50,000+ for spring football game. So far that's the most by any sec school. There must be some excitement surrounding our permanent opponent. I don't like this...

engie
04-16-2013, 11:44 PM
There is definitely a ton of hype around the new coaching staff there. They have potential to be a really good football fanbase...

Early signs are that they are recruiting a helluva lot better than they have in the past as well....

Hump4Hoops
04-17-2013, 07:13 AM
We'll have to wait and see.

msstate7
04-17-2013, 07:21 AM
We'll have to wait and see.

True. Just hope mark stoops is more mike stoops than bob stoops

M.Fillmore
04-17-2013, 09:48 AM
I'll agree with you Hoops. The MSU-fanbase was excited about Crxxm (although I'd bet this community never bought in to the hype).

biscuit
04-17-2013, 09:51 AM
They are excited for sure. The SEC east is down and UK could possibly move up a spot or two.

WTGDawg
04-17-2013, 12:58 PM
They just went from having 4,500 at the game last year to having 50,000, that is just unbelievable.

Pollodawg
04-18-2013, 09:06 AM
The potential is there for UK to be pretty good. They did beat a number one team in LSU a few years back and their fan support is phenomenal considering their history, but at the same time, can Stoops maintain the consistent level of recruiting that he's at now? That's the question. How many blue star recruits does UK produce in football annually? They share the state with a resurgent Louisville team. They can't go into Ohio and pluck talent due to OSU.

Do I think Stoops can get them back to bowls? Yes. I don't think he can garner enough talent, however, to break them through SC, UF, and UGA. It'll be a tougher win, but I still think State is a better program going forward. Think about this Mullen: 3-4 of Mullen's classes have been top twenty-five caliber classes. Has UK football had a top 25 class recently. Forgive me for me not doing the research. LOL. I'm a lazy ass.

Political Hack
04-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Kentucky will have to get kids out of Ohio, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, SC, etc... ahead of the schools in this states to surpass them. Not gonna happen. That's what people don't understand about us. We have to dominate OM and win the state year in and year out to even start to be on a level playing field with LSU, UGA, Florida, A&M, etc...