PDA

View Full Version : Tourney hopes

CadaverDawg
02-20-2020, 10:01 AM
I feel like as of today we sit right on that in/out line, so the final 5 games will be crucial.

Out of the remaining games, the best chance at a road win is this Saturday at A&M in my opinion. They have been inconsistent and have one of the weaker home records in the league, although it's not too bad.

Alabama and Ole Miss are must wins at the Hump. Ole Miss is not a good road team, neither is Bama...the two teams have COMBINED for like 4 road wins all year I think.

Surprisingly Missouri has one of the better home records in the league, so that may be a tough one to win, and South Carolina at their place looks to be our toughest remaining game in my opinion.

I feel like 4-1 and we should be safely in. 3-2 and we'll have to do work in the SECT and then sweat it out on selection Sunday. Anything beyond 2 more losses and we will have to win the tourney, and honestly won't belong in the dance anyway if we can't win at least 3 of our next 5 vs mid to low tier SEC teams. Thoughts?

chef dixon
02-20-2020, 10:09 AM
Winning one of LSU/Oklahoma or not losing one of LaTech/NM state would have made our life a lot easier. Just keep winning baby.

KentuckyDawg13
02-20-2020, 10:11 AM
Somewhat agree, as A&M is going to be tougher than you somewhat implied. A lot of teams are starting to peak now and thus, makes your last statement about low tier SEC teams iffy. Any team can beat any team right now. I was feeling pretty positive about playing A&M this weekend until last night vs bama.

It is positive how others are stepping up when Reggie/Woodard are locked down. Ado seems to be progressing every game now, total team guy. What's truly tragic with this team is the lack of homecourt advantage, as our team has none. Home games are usually favored but with our situation, that has been totally negated.

Missouri is going to be a handful, so do not pencil in a win there yet. Reminds me of the UT football game where most thought it was going to be a cakewalk. Most likely, our team will lose @ South Carolina too.

CadaverDawg
02-20-2020, 10:24 AM
Somewhat agree, as A&M is going to be tougher than you somewhat implied. A lot of teams are starting to peak now and thus, makes your last statement about low tier SEC teams iffy. Any team can beat any team right now. I was feeling pretty positive about playing A&M this weekend until last night vs bama.

It is positive how others are stepping up when Reggie/Woodard are locked down. Ado seems to be progressing every game now, total team guy. What's truly tragic with this team is the lack of homecourt advantage, as our team has none. Home games are usually favored but with our situation, that has been totally negated.

Missouri is going to be a handful, so do not pencil in a win there yet. Reminds me of the UT football game where most thought it was going to be a cakewalk. Most likely, our team will lose @ South Carolina too.

Not implying that any of the road games will be easy. We suck on the road. I'm just saying if we are truly a tourney team, we should beat A&M, Mizzou, Bama, and Ole Miss. Otherwise we don't belong.

As for your home court advantage comment...It must be pretty good, bc we're 13-4 at home and have won 6 straight. Our last loss at home was to Auburn I think. We are one of the better home teams in the league. Again, losing at home to Bama or Ole Miss is not what a tourney team does. If we are playing to our talent level, 4-1 should be the expectation in the next 5. So I fully expect 3-2 or 2-3 ha

Lord McBuckethead
02-20-2020, 02:08 PM

The good thing about last night at bama for us, is hopefully aTm comes out thinking they are going to shoot lights out again from three and then go on to make 2 out of 24 or something like that.

LC Dawg
02-20-2020, 02:59 PM
None of our remaining games are easy. The SEC isn't a great basketball league but there's not a lot of easy wins in it. The 13th place team just beat the 2nd place team, an 11th place team beat us by 100, and the team we beat last night beat Kentucky. We should be able to go 3-2 the rest of the way but I think we will win at Missouri to make it 4-1. The game at South Carolina will be as important to them as it is to us and I don't think we win it.