PDA

View Full Version : I remember the general consensus was that Crooms would get another year

donald igwebuike
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM
and we know the story. Caveat...that was The Ninja..............don't think Strick has the sack

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Consensus by who? You had to be an idiot to watch that Egg Bowl game and think he would be back

Hell, I announced after Ga Tech Byrne was given the green light to make a change.

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:34 PM
Strick wont make the decision- it will be made by people above him that have to pay the 6MM buyout

Dawgface
11-02-2013, 04:38 PM
Strick wont make the decision- it will be made by people above him that have to pay the 6MM buyout

And they are not going to spend that kind of money unless they have someone good in their pocket.

donald igwebuike
11-02-2013, 04:47 PM
Consensus by who? You had to be an idiot to watch that Egg Bowl game and think he would be back

Hell, I announced after Ga Tech Byrne was given the green light to make a change.

that said Croom "won't be fired this even after an EB loss" I read that w/dismay and shock.

woozman
11-02-2013, 04:51 PM
There should be an intelligence test required for people to purchase a modem.

1. Croom's record was 21-38
2. Croom lost to Maine, UAB, Houston, Kentucky (3 times), Tulane, and La Tech
3. Mullen is 33-25
4. Google "Apples and Oranges", do some research, and get back to me

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 04:53 PM

3. Mullen is 33-25

Croom was the SEC coach of the year just one year before. How many times has Mullen been given that honor?

Quaoarsking
11-02-2013, 04:54 PM
There is really nothing similar about Mullen's tenure here and Croom's. Even if we lose out this season, all 5 of Mullen's seasons have been better than 4 of Croom's.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Croom was the SEC coach of the year just one year before. How many times has Mullen been given that honor?

If you're serious with that argument, I'm embarrassed on your behalf. 4 of Croom's 5 seasons were much worse than Mullen's worst (either this year or 2009).

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2013, 04:56 PM
And if you're honest with yourself you know why, too.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2013, 04:56 PM

3. Mullen is 33-25

Croom also beat Alabama twice and UF once. Take it in context. Croom took over a program in absolute shambles and had heavy NCAA sanctions hanging over us. Honestly, until the Egg Bowl, I didn't want Croom fired as much as I want Mullen fired right now because Croom was assembling a heck of a 2009 recruiting class.

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Croom was the SEC coach of the year just one year before.

With a record worse than 2 of Mullen's seasons. That was the SEC going for positive pub

woozman
11-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Give me a break, we finished 7-5 that year. But to answer your question - Croom was the first AA coach in the SEC and he (FINALLY) had a winning record, that's why he won it.

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:58 PM
Croom also beat Alabama twice.

Both those Bama teams finished 6-6.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Croom also beat Alabama twice and UF once. Take it in context. Croom took over a program in absolute shambles and had heavy NCAA sanctions hanging over us. Honestly, until the Egg Bowl, I didn't want Croom fired as much as I want Mullen fired right now because Croom was assembling a heck of a 2009 recruiting class.

So Croom gets credit for beating a 7-5 Florida and a pair of 6-6 Alabama teams, but Mullen does not get credit for beating 7-5 Florida, 7-5 Michigan, and 6-6 Georgia (all of the records listed are before the bowl game)?

People are reaching way too hard to bash Mullen on here. Regardless of what you think about Mullen, if you can't admit he's light years ahead of Croom, you're an idiot with a blatant agenda.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2013, 05:01 PM
So Croom gets credit for beating a 7-5 Florida and a pair of 6-6 Alabama teams, but Mullen does not get credit for beating 7-5 Florida, 7-5 Michigan, and 6-6 Georgia (all of the records listed are before the bowl game)?

People are reaching way too hard to bash Mullen on here. Regardless of what you think about Mullen, if you can't admit he's light years ahead of Croom, you're an idiot with a blatant agenda.

No, woozman listed all the people that Croom lost too. I'm just saying he did beat a Saban coached Bama team. And Croom took over a program that was arguably our lowest point in school history. Let's quit using Croom as our beta. If the best we can say is Mullen is better than Croom, that's not saying a whole lot.

Quaoarsking
11-02-2013, 05:04 PM
If the best we can say is Mullen is better than Croom, that's not saying a whole lot.

? No one has ever made that argument. If Mullen loses out and gets fired, he still has the best record of any coach we've had during the Integration Era, and he did it in a time when the SEC was the strongest its ever been.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 05:04 PM
If you're serious with that argument, I'm embarrassed on your behalf. 4 of Croom's 5 seasons were much worse than Mullen's worst (either this year or 2009).

I am not comparing Croom to Mullen but what Croom took over was similar to what Rick Ray took over last year. Croom not only had to build from the ground up but had to do some demo work before even building. If Croom hadn't been stubborn and hired an Offensive Coordinator earlier he might have done something better.

I like promoting Collins and getting rid of Wilson but something is still off with this team, I just don't know what. Whether Mullen can fix it or not remains to be seen but he is running out of chances. Take away the TOs and we were pretty competitive, hopefully they can eliminate them and make a game of it against A&M and Bama.

What do you tell the team when you don't onside kick it with 5 min left. Sorry you have to play but the coaches have given up.

HoopsDawg
11-02-2013, 05:06 PM
? No one has ever made that argument. If Mullen loses out and gets fired, he still has the best record of any coach we've had during the Integration Era, and he did it in a time when the SEC was the strongest its ever been.

We haven't had a good win since Ole Miss in 2010. Enough said.

woozman
11-02-2013, 05:11 PM
No, woozman listed all the people that Croom lost too. I'm just saying he did beat a Saban coached Bama team. And Croom took over a program that was arguably our lowest point in school history. Let's quit using Croom as our beta. If the best we can say is Mullen is better than Croom, that's not saying a whole lot.

He beat a Saban coached team that was full of Shula recruits.
No, the lowest point was after Croom left. Yeah, the recruiting class he had coming in was above average. However, 4 of his 5 years he finished with 4 wins or less (3 of those were 3 win seasons).
I agree that saying Mullen is better that Croom isn't saying much.