PDA

View Full Version : Observed rainfall data - how to find

Red Clay Hills
02-19-2020, 08:59 PM
Which one of you weather gurus can tell me the fastest way to search for rainfall totals year to date? I've done some searching but I'm kicking rocks and pounding sand at this point. I would like to type in zip code and see how much rainfall has been observed so far in 2020. Any ideas?

RocketDawg
02-19-2020, 09:26 PM
This isn't exactly what you're looking for but you might be able to find something here: https://www.cocorahs.org

SpeckleDawg
02-19-2020, 09:26 PM
FarmLogs app

parabrave
02-19-2020, 09:45 PM
Go to NWS Jackson or whatever Area you live, NWS Jackson covers most the state, go to observed precip and it will show you how much you have.

Red Clay Hills
02-20-2020, 12:46 AM
Thank you, gentlemen.

starkvegasdawg
02-20-2020, 01:49 AM
Get a digital rain gauge. Almost all of them will store how much rain you get. Mine has current, last hour, last 24 hours, last seven days, for the month, and for the year.

parabrave
02-20-2020, 02:13 AM
Get a digital rain gauge. Almost all of them will store how much rain you get. Mine has current, last hour, last 24 hours, last seven days, for the month, and for the year.

Best answer of all. I had one in my yard. Very accurate until Katrina washed into the back bay.

Red Clay Hills
02-20-2020, 08:27 AM

....heading to Amazon now. Thanks !

redstickdawg
02-20-2020, 08:59 AM
The best system is to look at the Davis systems at Scientific Sales if you are really interested in a good reliable unit. I have the Vantage Pro 2 and it is linked into the Davis network and it also uploads to the Weather underground network. Youmight be able to find a reporting station near you by looking into the wunderground.com network.

Hot Rock
02-20-2020, 10:31 AM
FarmLogs app

I downloaded the Farm App.. I had to set up an account and go to maps to outline my fields, then say what crop I was growing. I made a bunch of crap up since I don't farm but:

I got some really nice rainfall info on three different locations. My lake property in New Albany has gotten about 17" YTD. My home in Webster County has gotten almost 26" and my work 25 inches.

I like the app for rainfall, not for much else though since I don't actually farm for profit. Just our gardens and landscaping stuff.