PDA

View Full Version : Bama hires Charlie Strong as Defense Analyst

Turfdawg67
02-18-2020, 05:54 PM
WTF is their budget?!? And did he turn us down for... this?

TUSK
02-18-2020, 05:55 PM

1. Eleventy Bajillion
2. Looks like it.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2020, 06:15 PM
1. Eleventy Bajillion
2. Looks like it.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/612a72963b79026bb60fc93e20e13906/tenor.gif?itemid=3520833

Turfdawg67
02-18-2020, 06:21 PM
1. Eleventy Bajillion
2. Looks like it.

We didn't want him anyway.

https://i.postimg.cc/C5csLfn7/5-F21-D611-6-BA1-417-D-B53-D-762-EEA7387-EF.gif

Dawgology
02-18-2020, 06:36 PM
1. A lot
2. We never offered him.

RocketDawg
02-18-2020, 06:42 PM

Was he ever offered? I never heard of any interest in him except a couple of posters mentioned his name as a possibility.

Alabama got the same $40M windfall we did from the SEC. They could sponsor some pretty major space or defense programs with their athletic (football) budget.

AROB44
02-18-2020, 06:45 PM
Probably paying him $50,000 or less....

Turfdawg67
02-18-2020, 06:51 PM
Was he ever offered? I never heard of any interest in him except a couple of posters mentioned his name as a possibility.

Alabama got the same $40M windfall we did from the SEC. They could sponsor some pretty major space or defense programs with their athletic (football) budget.

I seem to remember some natl writers saying it could happen, but it was Twitter, so... No idea if he interviewed or was offered. This post wasn't a State put down as much as a "Holy Sh*t, really Alabama?"

OLJWales
02-18-2020, 07:04 PM
So we now have to compete for analysts? We've always had a tough time competing with assistant position coaches and now this shit? Do we even HAVE any analysts?

TrapGame
02-18-2020, 07:09 PM
1. Eleventy Bajillion
2. Looks like it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/U1aN4HTfJ2SmgB2BBK/giphy.gif

OLJWales
02-18-2020, 07:12 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/U1aN4HTfJ2SmgB2BBK/giphy.gif

that little bitch is what happens when the rod is sparred.

BeardoMSU
02-18-2020, 07:32 PM

Little bitch? How Christlike of you, bub...

So....a teenager with Aspergers who says things you disagree with is now a "little bitch" who needs to be spanked more? Show us on the doll where she touched you.

That being said, the .gif in how Trap used it is hilarious (but obviously that ain't enough for OLJW).

Turfdawg67
02-18-2020, 07:33 PM

That little "bitch"? What a douchebag.

OLJWales
02-18-2020, 07:49 PM
That little "bitch"? What a douchebag.

No, the douchebags are the ones who indcoctrinated and brainwashed her into being a little pawn for a Time Mag propoganda piece.

TUSK
02-18-2020, 08:30 PM

Yup. That's the usual routine.

He's likely still gettin' paid a good chunk of his ~$2.5M from USF, so he'll just bide his time until another HC opportunity arises or gets offered the Bammer DC gig (if Golding gets canned)...

I like the addition.... Really good 'crooter....

RocketDawg
02-18-2020, 08:40 PM
Yup. That's the usual routine.

He's likely still gettin' paid a good chunk of his ~$2.5M from USF, so he'll just bide his time until another HC opportunity arises or gets offered the Bammer DC gig (if Golding gets canned)...

I like the addition.... Really good 'crooter....

Will he be allowed to recruit? I thought only certain individuals on the staff could be recruiters.

TUSK
02-18-2020, 08:58 PM
Will he be allowed to recruit? I thought only certain individuals on the staff could be recruiters.

:rolleyes:

viverlibre
02-18-2020, 09:50 PM

This was covered on a national sports talk show recently. In most contracts, there is language that for the buyout to keep coming, the coach has to actively seek employment with the new salary offsetting the buyout. So coaches work at Bama as an "analyst" and accept little pay so they can keep sticking it to school that fired them.

I don't know what an analyst does, but it is probably a lot less than an "on the field" coach and the salary is the same (the coach's former school is paying most of it), plus you get "redeemed" by Saban.

TUSK
02-18-2020, 11:22 PM
This was covered on a national sports talk show recently. In most contracts, there is language that for the buyout to keep coming, the coach has to actively seek employment with the new salary offsetting the buyout. So coaches work at Bama as an "analyst" and accept little pay so they can keep sticking it to school that fired them.

I don't know what an analyst does, but it is probably a lot less than an "on the field" coach and the salary is the same (the coach's former school is paying most of it), plus you get "redeemed" by Saban.

This is the correct answer.

You shall receive rep, my son...

Dawgcap
02-18-2020, 11:45 PM
How much are the analysts changing recruiting? I?m guessing not a lot. He is being hired for 1 purpose and that is to provide input into a few schools that they are gonna play this year. Input helps but recruiting is near nothing.

TUSK
02-18-2020, 11:54 PM
How much are the analysts changing recruiting? I?m guessing not a lot. He is being hired for 1 purpose and that is to provide input into a few schools that they are gonna play this year. Input helps but recruiting is near nothing.

Who are the "few schools" of which you elude...?

Additionally, if you think MDL isn't concerned about recruiting, regardless of hire, that's not the best island on which to croak...

bulldawg28
02-19-2020, 05:39 AM
Not worried. All this tells me is Strong will more than likely be Bama's D coordinator because their current one is s***.

Tbonewannabe
02-19-2020, 06:59 AM

I think only the on the field coaches can recruit off campus but on campus is ok. Not sure how much he will impact recruiting. This seems like a holding spot for DC unless he gets a head coaching gig.

OLJWales
02-19-2020, 07:01 AM
I'm surprised he took this job because he coulda landed a DC job somewhere.

FISHDAWG
02-19-2020, 08:12 AM
1. Eleventy Bajillion
2. Looks like it.

Ha - Ha ... I love this succinct and obvious answer ... nothing flowery - just fact. Love the math as well - wished I could rep you dude

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 09:21 AM

And this comment is what happens when people are 1. an asshole and 2. not the brightest color in the crayon box.
For real though, she is just fighting for what she believes in. Sorry you feel threatened by someone that has adopted a cause and is willing to put in the work to get something moving towards a solution.

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 09:24 AM
No, the douchebags are the ones who indcoctrinated and brainwashed her into being a little pawn for a Time Mag propoganda piece.

She is not the one brainwashed, bud. She is correct. You are not. Sorry.

Somehow your second comment is about as dumb as your first.

Cooterpoot
02-19-2020, 09:27 AM
And this comment is what happens when people are 1. an asshole and 2. not the brightest color in the crayon box.
For real though, she is just fighting for what she believes in. Sorry you feel threatened by someone that has adopted a cause and is willing to put in the work to get something moving towards a solution.

No she's not. She's being used as a pawn.
We never even approached Strong either.

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 09:35 AM
Little bitch? How Christlike of you, bub...

So....a teenager with Aspergers who says things you disagree with is now a "little bitch" who needs to be spanked more? Show us on the doll where she touched you.

That being said, the .gif in how Trap used it is hilarious (but obviously that ain't enough for OLJW).

I would say, what has she even said that someone could disagree with? She is in people's business because they have failed the public good. People don't like what she is saying because it gives them shame on their inaction. She wants politicians to act as if the house is on fire over climate change, yep. She reminds the old boomers that have literally 17d everything up in their lifetime that young people are watching, yep.

Like she is pushing for localized renewable energy generation. No brainer. Limits the need for foreign energy today and into the future. It is the best way to return the middle east back to the 14th century. Everyone should be on board with renewable technologies, smart grids, localized energy production. In my opinion, there is two ways the climate is going to effect our economy during my lifetime. It is either going to destroy the economy through the gigantic impacts of climate change across our country and throughout the world, or it is going to give birth to new technologies and new opportunities. I for one support the new opportunities.

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 09:38 AM

Yes she is. And second, your use of a pawn is incorrect. I believe you wanted to incorrectly portray her as a puppet.
A pawn is limited in the ability due to position, but they in fact move as they wish. Usually taking fire to protect the bigger pieces.

Also, I doubt you have any idea of how she got started in the climate game. She basically was like my daughter and she stood up one day and started to get into people's faces about their inaction. Then she took it internationally.
Don't be jealous of her, try to understand her tactics and then empathize with her plight.

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 09:39 AM

Who is her puppet master then?

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 09:46 AM
Cooterpoot and OLJwales both remind me of old people that just cannot understand things anymore. They lash out against those that speak of things they do not care about. Like somehow their hatred of this 15-18 year old girl is going to make their lives better. It's cool. You can hate whomever you want. But to randomly call someone a bitch, it just smells of low understanding and compassion. OK Boomers.

I am not even going to chime in on Cooter's choice for username and how it may shine a little light on his perspective.

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 09:47 AM
In big before the lock. 17 you Charlie Strong and your obvious alignment with Greta. You 17d this board up.

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 09:53 AM

Nope Turfdawg has this one right. You sir are a douchebag. I mean you are obviously a cool guy talking shit about a 17 year old climate activist. A person in fact that has already put more on the line than you have in her short 17 years. She puts her name out there. She puts her voice out there. She stands up to inaction. I would make her an honorary american citizen based on her actions. I would attend a parade in her honor. I hope my daughter has the gall to follow in her footsteps. I hope my daughter gets to be called a "little bitch" by an random dude hiding behind his avatar on a message board.

She my friend is what our country needs, what the world needs, and she needs to win. We used to celebrate this stuff.

OLJWales
02-19-2020, 09:59 AM
Any group that thinks cow farts and my SUV are gonna destroy the planet are foolish lemmings.

the_real_MSU_is_us
02-19-2020, 10:00 AM
1) if she is "indoctrinated" that means shes a victim, not a "little bitch"

2) do you also think kids in church are being "indoctrinated"? Do you hate parents that take their kids to sunslday school the same as you hate parents that show their kids climate change data?

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 10:16 AM
Any group that thinks cow farts and my SUV are gonna destroy the planet are foolish lemmings.

Really? Do you know what methane does in the atmosphere? Do you understand that, "your SUV" is like millions of other people's SUVs. One by itself does nothing. Millions upon millions have an impact. An impact, but pair that with 5000 other things we do as humans adds up to a gigantic amount of CO2.

Just like everything else, it is a death by 1,000 cuts. One cut doesn't lead to death, but given enough time and cuts......

Based on your comments, I am sure you cannot understand this level of thought. So, 1 SUV = OK. 50,000,000 SUVs = a contributing factor.

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 10:17 AM

Also, don't change the subject of you commenting like an asshole douchebag.

FISHDAWG
02-19-2020, 10:19 AM
what started out as a good thread disintegrated into a social lesson in morality and political correctness on a damn sports board ..... nobody comes here for that. If you want to play smartass there's another board ..........

Gutter Cobreh
02-19-2020, 10:36 AM
In big before the lock. 17 you Charlie Strong and your obvious alignment with Greta. You 17d this board up.

Not how it works chief... your incessant replies would be the reason it gets locked.

what started out as a good thread disintegrated into a social lesson in morality and political correctness on a damn sports board ..... nobody comes here for that. If you want to play smartass there's another board ..........

And we wonder why the poli. board had to be moved to a different platform.... some people simply can not separate things.

Back on topic, I wonder if Bama has had to build a separate building on campus to house all their analysts or do they allow them to work remotely??? At some point, you'd think they'd run out of office space. I bet they went the cubicle route (like a call center) though, since they're essentially only a temporary employee. Tusk - do you know?

Johnson85
02-19-2020, 11:37 AM
Also, don't change the subject of you commenting like an asshole douchebag.

The proper place for you to spew stupid shit is here: https://www.sippolitics.com/

The board owners went out and set up an entirely new website for you.

gravedigger
02-19-2020, 12:21 PM

I probably heard it on a message board, so take that for what its worth, but I heard Strong had some bad experience in the state of Mississippi and will not ever choose to work here.

BeardoMSU
02-19-2020, 01:30 PM
I probably heard it on a message board, so take that for what its worth, but I heard Strong had some bad experience in the state of Mississippi and will not ever choose to work here.

Good thing Tuscaloosa AL is Paris France compared to Mississippi.**

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 01:44 PM
I am not going to let someone call a teenage girl a "little bitch" regardless of platform. Simple as that. I have a mother, a sister, a wife, and a daughter. I call that type of rhetoric out no matter where I see it. You will not see an apology from me for it.
Fact of the matter, this is a sports board and comments like that have no place in any public setting. People need to stand up to stuff like that. Just like people that referred to our women's basketball team as Titty Dawgs for years. Calling them out was the only thing that ended it.

Lord McBuckethead
02-19-2020, 01:45 PM

Yeah, it's a whole 80 miles away. Strong is a man a principles.

TUSK
02-19-2020, 02:16 PM

You asked for this*....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1994-036-09A%2C_Paris%2C_Parade_auf_der_Champs_Elys%C3%A9e. jpg/350px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1994-036-09A%2C_Paris%2C_Parade_auf_der_Champs_Elys%C3%A9e. jpg

TUSK
02-19-2020, 02:25 PM
Not how it works chief... your incessant replies would be the reason it gets locked.

And we wonder why the poli. board had to be moved to a different platform.... some people simply can not separate things.

Back on topic, I wonder if Bama has had to build a separate building on campus to house all their analysts or do they allow them to work remotely??? At some point, you'd think they'd run out of office space. I bet they went the cubicle route (like a call center) though, since they're essentially only a temporary employee. Tusk - do you know?

We've made more than enough space. Here's a couple pics of "Analyst Housing" recently built on campus:

https://2fvqxa3fxpfi2sm7tt1oe5ln-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/the-matrix-pods.jpg

https://static1.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Neo-wakes-up-in-the-Matrix-power-plant.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&dpr=1.5

Apoplectic
02-19-2020, 03:03 PM
I am not going to let someone call a teenage girl a "little bitch" regardless of platform. Simple as that. I have a mother, a sister, a wife, and a daughter. I call that type of rhetoric out no matter where I see it. You will not see an apology from me for it.
Fact of the matter, this is a sports board and comments like that have no place in any public setting. People need to stand up to stuff like that. Just like people that referred to our women's basketball team as Titty Dawgs for years. Calling them out was the only thing that ended it.

what a soldier you are - me thinks anyone who prioritizes defending a message board rant over picketing in the streets is FOS. stay triggered jr!

Gutter Cobreh
02-19-2020, 03:14 PM
We've made more than enough space. Here's a couple pics of "Analyst Housing" recently built on campus:

https://2fvqxa3fxpfi2sm7tt1oe5ln-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/the-matrix-pods.jpg

https://static1.srcdn.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Neo-wakes-up-in-the-Matrix-power-plant.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&h=370&dpr=1.5

From what I've heard from my sources, I thought the analysts were placed in the pod on their first day so Saban could extract all their football knowledge and place it into a database. After that they just roamed Tuscaloosa until the landed another job. Is that not true???

Ole Miss has "The Network", while Bama has "The Matrix"....

Extendedcab
02-19-2020, 03:15 PM
what a soldier you are - me thinks anyone who prioritizes defending a message board rant over picketing in the streets is FOS. stay triggered jr!

If a teenager (boy or girl) does not have the education and/or mental acuity, maturity or understanding (that is a reason why we don't let teenagers vote) then keep them out of the press. They shouldn't be in this quagmire anyway! I think that was the reason behind the first negative post about this girl as she is obviously only relaying what an adult told her to say.

Extendedcab
02-19-2020, 03:38 PM
From what I've heard from my sources, I thought the analysts were placed in the pod on their first day so Saban could extract all their football knowledge and place it into a database. After that they just roamed Tuscaloosa until the landed another job. Is that not true???

Ole Miss has "The Network", while Bama has "The Matrix"....

Please excuse my ignorance on this subject (be kind Shotgun and others), but how many "analyst" can a school hire? How many does MSU have?

ScoobaDawg
02-19-2020, 06:45 PM

Head back to the pack to bitch about this place some more Bully13... I let ya have a chance but you off your damn rocker again.

Turfdawg67
02-19-2020, 07:33 PM
Ha! That makes more sense. I truly thought he was a landshark troll.

*In reply to Scooba

BB30
02-20-2020, 11:27 AM

Just ignore it. No Poli opinion has ever been changed online. And you clearly didn't just scold him for the little bitch comment you then went on a political rant about climate change. If you just wanted to say something about the little bitch comment you should have just left it at that. Yes, He's an idiot for calling a 16 yo girl a little bitch everyone knows this but then you going on a paragraph rant about climate and methane etc. was unnecessary if you were just trying to call they guy out for making the LB comment.

Lord McBuckethead
02-20-2020, 01:43 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/comments/f6tdbj/climate_activist_greta_thunberg_donates_prize/
What a bitch.

RougeDawg
02-20-2020, 09:08 PM
I would say, what has she even said that someone could disagree with? She is in people's business because they have failed the public good. People don't like what she is saying because it gives them shame on their inaction. She wants politicians to act as if the house is on fire over climate change, yep. She reminds the old boomers that have literally 17d everything up in their lifetime that young people are watching, yep.

Like she is pushing for localized renewable energy generation. No brainer. Limits the need for foreign energy today and into the future. It is the best way to return the middle east back to the 14th century. Everyone should be on board with renewable technologies, smart grids, localized energy production. In my opinion, there is two ways the climate is going to effect our economy during my lifetime. It is either going to destroy the economy through the gigantic impacts of climate change across our country and throughout the world, or it is going to give birth to new technologies and new opportunities. I for one support the new opportunities.

I have a few questions. And then some comments that hopefully spur you to seek the truth because you will not find it with Greta and the likes. When you think about it from a logical standpoint, it requires an extreme level of arrogance to think humans can impact the climate, if the data and history of the earth is fully understood. The earth was here long before us, and will be here long after us, and the climate has always changed with or without humans.

Can you name one time the climate on earth has been stagnant? To make it easier, has there ever been a single day or hour in earths history the climate has been stagnant? Have you researched atmospheric CO2 levels over the history of the earth? Do you even know how much of the atmosphere CO2 makes up? Do you know current levels are not even close to periods of historic highs, before humans ever lived, let alone any ?combustion? engine. What caused those CO2 spikes, if there were no terrible humans or engines? Do you realize that the Amazon rain forest has actually re established itself, due to slightly higher CO2 recently? You know that key thing plants need to survive. If CO2 is so bad, why isn?t Oxygen? Oxygen makes up a much larger percentage of the atmosphere than CO2. Both oxygen and CO2 are needed for the cycles of life. What about water vapor in the atmosphere? It has more impact on climate than CO2. Why not attack it?

Here?s why. First off, if water vapor or oxygen were blamed for ?climate change? most people would see the wizard behind the curtain. You cannot attack something that most humans, with a functioning brain, would understand and would easily understand that the entire thing is a hoax.

These climate change people have been screaming doom and gloom for 50+ years and they still cannot get anything correct. First it was the coming ice age. That changed to global warming. The data never supported either narrative. Then they realized they could not predict future climates so they changed to climate change. Then you can blame any type of natural weather on climate change, if people do not think. They constantly change the narrative, in hopes that the public is so ignorant and stupid to actually believe a minuscule molecule that makes up 0.04% of the atmosphere is actually changing the climate.

CO2 = 0.04%. Oxygen = 21%. Which is larger? Reducing which one, by half, will have the most impact on the atmosphere and subsequent climate? The argument itself is futile because the earth will earth no matter what we do or try to do.

Just some basic searchable, undeniable facts that, if widely known and understood, would demolish the climate change narrative instantly. Add in the fact that the people pushing climate change and ideas like the green new deal have recently, openly admitted it is not about the climate, but rather wealth redistribution. All can be found with the old WWW thingy.

Lastly, it was discovered a month or two ago that Thunbergs nutjob father was the puppet master of all of her social media accounts and her speeches. But why let science, history and facts get in the way of a good hoax.

Let me guess, you also think oil and natural gas are not going to last 500+ years? Did you fall for the ?fossil fuels? hoax? Dead organic life matter is eventually turned into petroleum/gas by the earth, via natural processes. These processes never stop because organic matter has constantly died throughout the history of the earth and will continue(IE renewable resources. Similar to trees who are cut down and grown again.) The fossil fuel argument was created, similar to the climate change one, to easily dupe people, who lack the ability to independently think and research, into believing their fallacies.

I would continue, but those who want to see or believe something will always see and believe it, no matter how many facts refute that belief.