PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Newman in horrible crash at Daytona.........

West Tn Dawg
02-17-2020, 09:20 PM
Took him out of the car behind black screens. Straight to the hospital. It don't look good! Prayers for him and his family!

DownwardDawg
02-17-2020, 09:55 PM
Watched the end and have been trying to find more information. Just an absolute horrible crash.

CadaverDawg
02-17-2020, 10:21 PM
Early reports say "non-life threatening injuries". If so, that is great news. I'm not a NASCAR fan, but when I saw that video it terrified me for him.

StateDawg44
02-18-2020, 08:44 AM
The videos posted are what makes this thread so great.

https://youtu.be/p11IUYaf4XM

MaroonFlounder
02-18-2020, 09:51 AM
Reminiscent of a 2007 race in which Bowyer crossed the finish line upside down and on fire....in the ole #7 Jack Daniels car.

defiantdog
02-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Reminiscent of a 2007 race in which Bowyer crossed the finish line upside down and on fire....in the ole #7 Jack Daniels car.
Or back when Carl Edwards nearly flipped into the stands at Talladega then did a Ricky Bobby and ran to the finish line.

OLJWales
02-18-2020, 10:13 AM
Did hamblin cause the wreck ?

mparkerfd20
02-18-2020, 01:04 PM
Did hamblin cause the wreck ?

Yes, yes he did. He got Blaney loose who then fishtailed and swerved into Newman's quarter-panel area

OLJWales
02-18-2020, 01:20 PM
Yes, yes he did. He got Blaney loose who then fishtailed and swerved into Newman's quarter-panel area

It looked like the leader (Newman) was intentionally hit from behind by the green and blue car. Are there rules against that? Did the green and blue car end up winning or was it the white car that seemed to emerge from the wreck with a slight lead?

defiantdog
02-18-2020, 03:47 PM
It looked like the leader (Newman) was intentionally hit from behind by the green and blue car. Are there rules against that? Did the green and blue car end up winning or was it the white car that seemed to emerge from the wreck with a slight lead?
Hamlin tried to force the car outside even though Blaney had him blocked..... This forced Blaney loose and down the track..... Who then either tried to make a move or get his car straight again.

I think Blaney was trying to get his car straight again because he clearly slowed down a hair, which allowed Hamlin to surge passed him.

Unfortunately, that's racing.

magrooder
02-18-2020, 04:22 PM

Hamlin bumped Blaney who went low to keep from spinning and Newman ran down low to block Blaney which caused Blaney to clip Newman's car and spinning him out.

OLJWales
02-18-2020, 05:20 PM
Yea, I just went and looked again and it appears Newman knew blaney had the edge and was about to be passed and "cut him off " so to speak to prevent blaney from winning. I guess the only thing you say is that it's a dangerous sport. I don't know shit about NASCAR but Im thinking nothing malicious took place

State82
02-18-2020, 05:46 PM
No, nothing malicious. In the words of the great Harry Hyde, "Rubbin' is racin'."