PDA

View Full Version : Baseball thread vs Wright St- Day 2

preachermatt83
02-15-2020, 02:32 PM
No Tanner Allen in Lineup. That foul ball must have left him with a lot of swelling and soreness.

preachermatt83
02-15-2020, 02:37 PM
R Jordon-CF
J westburg-ss
J Hatcher-1b
J Foscue-2b
B Pimentel-LF
K James-3b
L Jordon-Dh
L Tanner-C
B Brock-RF

C McLeod on the bump

HoopsDawg
02-15-2020, 03:52 PM
McLeod is nasty.

maroonmania
02-15-2020, 03:53 PM
Is something wrong with Luke Hancock?

preachermatt83
02-15-2020, 03:54 PM
Is something wrong with Luke Hancock?

He’s got a tender shoulder but Right now Tanner is out performing him...

preachermatt83
02-15-2020, 03:55 PM
Macleod is legit

mparkerfd20
02-15-2020, 03:56 PM
McLeod will be Friday starter very very soon.

CadaverDawg
02-15-2020, 03:57 PM
Missed that half inning....more K's for Macleod?

OLJWales
02-15-2020, 04:01 PM
4-0 good guys, early. we whoopin' dat ass.

The Federalist Engineer
02-15-2020, 04:05 PM
McLeod looking good and tidy

CadaverDawg
02-15-2020, 04:15 PM
MacLeod, have yourself a debut, son!

Imagine if we had had this guy last year. Wowzer. He is a beast. I could easily see him being our Friday night guy if this is what we continue to see from him. This has been one hell of an outing so far. How many K's is that?

KOdawg1
02-15-2020, 04:19 PM
8 Ks in 4 IP. I can also see him as our Friday guy. He's around 60 pitches. I know they said the starters would have a pitch count this weekend, so he might not go too much further, but he's been pretty damn efficient. If Ginn can figure out how to make it to the 6th inning, we're gonna be tough to win a series against.

BiscuitEater
02-15-2020, 04:19 PM
Dude is big and strong. He can bring it.

CadaverDawg
02-15-2020, 04:29 PM
8 Ks in 4 IP. I can also see him as our Friday guy. He's around 60 pitches. I know they said the starters would have a pitch count this weekend, so he might not go too much further, but he's been pretty damn efficient. If Ginn can figure out how to make it to the 6th inning, we're gonna be tough to win a series against.

Yep, Ginn needs to let that sinker get him some easy groundouts...especially versus the weaker hitters he faces.

BiscuitEater
02-15-2020, 04:32 PM
Struck out he side in Top of 5th and still throwing heat. Impressive first outing, indeed.

RougeDawg
02-15-2020, 04:37 PM
So are all baseball games going to be on ESPN+ now? Even after all the hype of SEC network and being able to watch all sports, we have to pay for an extra subscription to watch? Am I missing something?

maroonmania
02-15-2020, 05:13 PM
So are all baseball games going to be on ESPN+ now? Even after all the hype of SEC network and being able to watch all sports, we have to pay for an extra subscription to watch? Am I missing something?

I'm watching today on the regular ESPN app.

Dawg2003
02-15-2020, 05:24 PM
All home games and SEC away games are on SEC+.

ESPN+ is only for away games that are in different conferences.

BeardoMSU
02-15-2020, 05:28 PM

You can download the ESPN app to your phone, tv, Xbox, tablet, etc. It's free to stream through them. That being said, the ESPN app usually sucks balls, given the constant buffering and periodic reduced picture quality.

Todd4State
02-15-2020, 05:46 PM
6-2 MSU in the bottom of the 8th. Will Bednar looked good one time through the order before he gave up a couple of runs.

Todd4State
02-15-2020, 05:47 PM

Right now I'm toying with an idea in my head where we use Ginn as an opener on Friday for 60 pitches or so and then as a closer on Sunday.

CadaverDawg
02-15-2020, 06:03 PM
Why no radar gun on the TV? Didn't we have it in the past?

Todd4State
02-15-2020, 06:07 PM
MSU wins 6-2!

Now 2-0 on the season and pick up a series win.

Tanner and Kamren James have been good. We'll see how they adjust now that people will have some video of them. Riley Self had a clean inning but the most encouraging thing was MacLeoud pitching well. We need to get the sweep tomorrow.

trob115
02-15-2020, 06:14 PM
Bednar looked really good today. He tired some his last inning, but I think he's going to be a big piece for us.

Todd4State
02-15-2020, 06:57 PM
Bednar looked really good today. He tired some his last inning, but I think he's going to be a big piece for us.

I agree. We're experimenting right now to see who can do what. If he can give us one time through the order that's a positive.

dantheman4248
02-15-2020, 07:33 PM
Right now I'm toying with an idea in my head where we use Ginn as an opener on Friday for 60 pitches or so and then as a closer on Sunday.

Sunday guy has to be good there but if that's the case then just throw Ginn full amount Friday. Otherwise you now put 3/4 games (including midweek) into bullpen hands. I'll pass.

Todd4State
02-15-2020, 07:44 PM
Sunday guy has to be good there but if that's the case then just throw Ginn full amount Friday. Otherwise you now put 3/4 games (including midweek) into bullpen hands. I'll pass.

It's not ideal but neither is our ace on Friday throwing 80 pitches max.

dantheman4248
02-15-2020, 07:46 PM
It's not ideal but neither is our ace on Friday throwing 80 pitches max.

If we're doing that then there's no way in hell we'll throw him Sunday too. They are protecting his arm. Would never go for it.

AlSwearengen
02-15-2020, 08:08 PM
If Bednar improves his command with his breaking ball he will be really good. His fastball seems to be very lively.

I am looking forward to seeing Price tomorrow and seeing what his slider looks like. Of course, I will have crossed fingers that Cerantola throws strikes.

Macloud looked better than I expected.

Pinto
02-15-2020, 08:34 PM
No Tanner Allen in Lineup. That foul ball must have left him with a lot of swelling and soreness.

TA was walking gingerly pregame. I didn?t bother him but you could easily see he wasn?t full go.

He should have been taken out right after it happened yesterday. He was limping after running to first.

I appreciate the guy being a gamer but we need him full on for the marathon ahead, not the sprint of this series.

OLJWales
02-15-2020, 08:36 PM
So how good is this Wright State team from Ohio that we'll be sweeping tomorrow?

Todd4State
02-15-2020, 09:58 PM
So how good is this Wright State team from Ohio that we'll be sweeping tomorrow?

I believe they went to a regional last year. Mid majors can be really good one year and then awful the next though. They are a team we should sweep at home though.

KOdawg1
02-15-2020, 10:18 PM

Beat Ole Miss last year

HoopsDawg
02-15-2020, 10:40 PM

That would never would happen. We will continue to stretch out ginn and by the end of the season when it really counts, he will be throwing 100 pitches.

mparkerfd20
02-15-2020, 11:02 PM
They were 42-17 last year I believe the announcers said. Lost in their conference tournament and missed postseason. Returned a lot. Their pitcher today was 7-0 last year so not too shabby.

Todd4State
02-15-2020, 11:51 PM
That would never would happen. We will continue to stretch out ginn and by the end of the season when it really counts, he will be throwing 100 pitches.

The best thing to do would be what I am suggesting. But you're right about it never happening. So based on the situation it's probably going to be best to start MacLeoud on Friday and Ginn on Saturday. If Cerentola surprises me tomorrow and looks good pre-SEC it may be best to move Ginn to Sunday even.

HoopsDawg
02-16-2020, 01:00 AM
The best thing to do would be what I am suggesting. But you're right about it never happening. So based on the situation it's probably going to be best to start MacLeoud on Friday and Ginn on Saturday. If Cerentola surprises me tomorrow and looks good pre-SEC it may be best to move Ginn to Sunday even.

I think you are over reacting.

Todd4State
02-16-2020, 01:19 AM
I think you are over reacting.

Nah. Just discussing baseball and throwing ideas out there that may make us better. I thought MacLeoud would look good and he did. Some guys have stepped up in the bullpen like Chase Patrick, Jaxen Forrester, and Riley Self looked good. All of that is encouraging to me. We haven't thrown Jack Eagan yet and I think he is going to be good and I think Spencer Price may surprise this year as well and he hasn't thrown yet.

The reality of SEC baseball is if your Friday night guy is only giving you 4-5 IP you're going to have to rely on your bullpen a lot. We're probably better off with MacLeoud giving us 6-7 IP every Friday than Ginn giving us 4-5. There is a much smaller margin for error on Friday night in the SEC because of the caliber of pitcher you are normally facing. We'll have it figured out by SEC play. Really the only question mark to me right now is how Cerentola is going to do. I have a feeling the light bulb hasn't completely come on yet for him though.

I'll be interested to see if Lemonis actually moves Ginn out of the Friday spot if we lose some Friday games and MacLeoud keeps pitching like he did today.

basedog
02-16-2020, 09:07 AM
Nah. Just discussing baseball and throwing ideas out there that may make us better. I thought MacLeoud would look good and he did. Some guys have stepped up in the bullpen like Chase Patrick, Jaxen Forrester, and Riley Self looked good. All of that is encouraging to me. We haven't thrown Jack Eagan yet and I think he is going to be good and I think Spencer Price may surprise this year as well and he hasn't thrown yet.

The reality of SEC baseball is if your Friday night guy is only giving you 4-5 IP you're going to have to rely on your bullpen a lot. We're probably better off with MacLeoud giving us 6-7 IP every Friday than Ginn giving us 4-5. There is a much smaller margin for error on Friday night in the SEC because of the caliber of pitcher you are normally facing. We'll have it figured out by SEC play. Really the only question mark to me right now is how Cerentola is going to do. I have a feeling the light bulb hasn't completely come on yet for him though.

I'll be interested to see if Lemonis actually moves Ginn out of the Friday spot if we lose some Friday games and MacLeoud keeps pitching like he did today.

It's early, I think the plan is set and will be carried out, Ginn should get stronger as the starts for him mount, no need to change right now. Lemonis and staff have discussed this long hours and one game start or two want change things. I see nothing wrong with how they are handling this situation. He is our most experienced starter, no need to change or even thing of changing yet.

RougeDawg
02-16-2020, 12:18 PM
I'm watching today on the regular ESPN app.

You can download the ESPN app to your phone, tv, Xbox, tablet, etc. It's free to stream through them. That being said, the ESPN app usually sucks balls, given the constant buffering and periodic reduced picture quality.

Espn app did not work on iphone, iPad or PlayStation. Have directv and could not get anything to work. I will keep trying. Probably get it solved as quick as any customer service call or chat.