PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the game and the status of MSU football....

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 02:47 PM
I'm not posting mine, but I want to hear everybody else's. Go....

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

civildawg
11-02-2013, 02:51 PM
I want dan gone

It_Could_Happen
Turnovers. We beat ourselves. They scored more points off of turnovers than we had total points.

cheewgumm
I'm getting conditioned to losing, so when we get beat I don't really care. I'm just waiting for the easy schedule next year. Then we'll go to a bowl and rack up on recruits.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/George-Costanza-Eating-Popcorn.gif

Will James
11-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Hud Hud Hud

TopconDog
11-02-2013, 02:54 PM

1-7 in our last 8 sec games 6 blowouts a win over a shitty uk team and a ptssed away close loss to auburn,time for a change

mstate68
11-02-2013, 02:54 PM
As far as this game goes, same ole 2nd half ass kickings. We just haven't done shit in the 2nd half. Dak had a bad day, but every qb has one. Add in that he's only a sophomore going up against one of the best d lines in the country and you have potential for a game like today. As for the program, it's obvious. We are regressing. Players have no fire. Mullen has no fire. Recruiting isn't going well. The 2 sec teams below us (ark and Kentucky) are out recruiting us. If we lose out I want Dan gone but I doubt it happens.

CJDAWG85
11-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Our team played hard today... TO's killed us. Can't fault Mullen on those. Dak learned a lot today... I hope. Disappointed in the outcome, but the fight was there. D played good.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Mullen has to have seen the poor coaching the last couple of weeks just like everyone else, yet he can't fix it. He went as far as to scream that very point during the halftime interview.

MetEdDawg
11-02-2013, 02:59 PM
1) We are a poorly coached team. From personnel decisions, to play calling (which I thought was better today), to leadership, to just about any other measurable you want for coaching, we don't stack up with the other teams. We are talented enough to overcome that and beat teams we should, but it becomes blatantly obvious that we are overmatched coaching wise when we play the Spurriers and Sabans of the world. And we are like light years away here.

2) We've recruited pretty good and made some pretty solid players out of some guys, but we've fallen short in fielding a 22 man starting lineup that can compete with the top teams on a consistent basis. We've missed some we shouldn't have, we've thought we would get some we shouldn't, but overall I think it's pretty fair to say we've built quality depth but can't match up pound for pound with the better teams because our starting 22 isn't quite talented enough.

3) There is zero passion or fire from anyone associated with MSU. Fans, coaches, players, athletic department. The train has derailed and it's taken everyone with it. No one believes anymore and I think someone else mentioned it earlier. It happened last year Bama game. We thought we were ready, we clearly weren't, and it's like all the work that had been done to that point was just forgotten and we've been spiraling down since then.

4) There isn't a leader anywhere right now. No AD saying things WILL get better. No head coach taking the blame for everything. No players saying things WILL change and be better. Mullen was the vocal leader his first two years here. Since then there's been no one and it shows on the field.

That's pretty much where I see us at this very moment. We are in a bad way right now and the demeanor of the team on the sidelines concerns me greatly. The guys still listen to Mullen because they showed a lot of shots of him talking to individual players and them looking and listening to him, so I don't think there's a problem there. But it does look like we are wondering aimlessly about the forest with no one voice that everyone listens to and rallies around. And that's very bad.

Dawgfan77
11-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Our team played hard today... TO's killed us. Can't fault Mullen on those. Dak learned a lot today... I hope. Disappointed in the outcome, but the fight was there. D played good.
Whose fault is it to Coach qb's. who is the HC. The answer is the same. F' Dan. Make HUD the offer.

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Strong post, MetEd

CJDAWG85
11-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Whose fault is it to Coach qb's. who is the HC. The answer is the same. F' Dan. Make HUD the offer.

Les is the QB coach. But they can't play the game for them. Every TO was solely on Dak. That's the growing pains of a young QB.

MrKotter
11-02-2013, 03:10 PM
Strong post, MetEd

100% agree

blacklistedbully
11-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Look, I have criticized Mullen as well this year, but this game is on the players, not Mullen. SCAr actually needed at least 3 of those t/o's to beat us today. With each t/o worth, on average, an 8-point swing in head-to-head, that's a HUGE deal. Take away the 5th, as they weren't even trying to move the ball and that makes it at least a 32-point swing.

The reality is, we would still have been in a position to win even with a -3 t/o factor. That's on the players, not the coaches. Aside from the horrible play of Whitley and our other DB on the first 2 SCar TD's, the defense was solid. Offensive players just plain blew it today. Samuel looked like shit blocking on that quick out. Almost no effort at all to provide a block, just disgraceful. Perikins drops a perfect pass right in his hands that should have been a huge play for us.

O-line did a good job today, but the aforementioned horrible play by a few and DP having, by far his worst game for us is the story. I actually thought the coaching staff did better today than they have in a long time.

drunkernhelldawg
11-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Les is the QB coach. But they can't play the game for them. Every TO was solely on Dak. That's the growing pains of a young QB.

Dak played horribly. Three deserved int's and six or seven other terrible throws. Plus the fumble, and his inability to move our offense down the field. It was a huge mistake to go with Dak over TR. How does it get any worse than Dak's game today? Count the worse quarterbacked games that you've seen. I personally can't think of one worse than this.

msugolf
11-02-2013, 03:19 PM

He's not young. He's a third year sophomore and was an EE in 2010. He's a good QB but isn't going to be all he could be under this staff.

scottycameron
11-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Dak played horribly. Three deserved int's and six or seven other terrible throws. Plus the fumble, and his inability to move our offense down the field. It was a huge mistake to go with Dak over TR. How does it get any worse than Dak's game today? Count the worse quarterbacked games that you've seen. I personally can't think of one worse than this.

I'd bet TR was hurt. The only thing that makes sense. I bet we hear about that soon when DM answers questions about TR.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 03:31 PM

Did you watch the Gator Bowl last year? But I don't know why you don't give TR at least one drive unless he is hurt.

OldFatDog
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
"
Dak played horribly. Three deserved int's and six or seven other terrible throws. Plus the fumble, and his inability to move our offense down the field. It was a huge mistake to go with Dak over TR. How does it get any worse than Dak's game today? Count the worse quarterbacked games that you've seen. I personally can't think of one worse than this." that was the worst QB'ed game I could remember. To be clear, I'm not saying it was good but I remember plenty worse.

archdog
11-02-2013, 04:40 PM
My thoughts on the day

For the 5th time this year, we do not execute. We probably had 60 missed assignments today. Good teams do the fundamental things correctly.

1. We look totally uninspired out there. Other than the first drive of almost every game, we look like a group of individuals out there.
2. The coaching staff looks to be making better decisions on the play calls. We missed some secondary assignments today and let our safety cover one of their best WR in the open field. Other than that I liked the defensive play calling. We were hustling out there.
Offensively the play calling was pretty much terrible.

3. I would like to finish this but my 3 month old is crying something fierce.

blacklistedbully
11-02-2013, 07:48 PM
We got 348 yards on offense in spite of 5 t/o's. I'm just not willing to say the play-calling was terrible. I'll concede we should probably have called more running plays, but it was clear they were gonna pound DP every time, and Dak did hit some nice plays passing.

PendingTransaction
11-02-2013, 08:20 PM
He's not young. He's a third year sophomore and was an EE in 2010. He's a good QB but isn't going to be all he could be under this staff.

James Winston at FSU is a freshman. The truth is Our program has a serious virus. All the BS that Mullen has done inside this program is manifesting itself on the field. He can start praying 5 times a day and going to church 3 days a week (and twice on Sunday) and he still won't fix this wreck.

biscuit
11-02-2013, 08:25 PM
We just aren't very good right now

drunkernhelldawg
11-02-2013, 10:15 PM
"" that was the worst QB'ed game I could remember. To be clear, I'm not saying it was good but I remember plenty worse.

I don't know. It was a real stinker. Give just one example. I'm sure that won't be a problem, but I'd be interested anyway.