PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Murphy- Transfer portal WR candidate?

Todd4State
02-14-2020, 02:54 AM
He's from Oak Grove and played WR at Tennessee. I believe he had some issues up there though so I'm not really sure if he is a fit. But he does profile as someone that could potentially play either the slot or outside WR for us.

BhamDawg205
02-14-2020, 02:57 AM
He's from Oak Grove and played WR at Tennessee. I believe he had some issues up there though so I'm not really sure if he is a fit. But he does profile as someone that could potentially play either the slot or outside WR for us.

Years-to-play and Stats? Or link

MrKotter
02-14-2020, 09:19 AM
Years-to-play and Stats? Or link

There's this thing called Google.....

He's the kid that was kicked off or quit after the Georgia State game for making fun of the loss

ShotgunDawg
02-14-2020, 09:22 AM
I'm no Mike Leach in evaluating WRs, but I just don't think he can help us.

With only 3 spots left, I'd rather get someone more impactful

HailStateSZN19
02-14-2020, 09:49 AM
PJ posted on 247 this morning that we're showing some interest in Rico Bussey Jr. from North Texas. He was a projected mid-round NFL guy going into the 2019 season, even got projected a 2nd-3rd round pick by a couple NFL mock guys.

IF his knee is healthy and he's good to go, sign me up. He tore it up in 2018, he's 6'2" around 195-200 lbs, in 2018 he had 68 catches for 1,017 yds & 12 TD's.

HoopsDawg
02-14-2020, 10:15 AM
PJ posted on 247 this morning that we're showing some interest in Rico Bussey Jr. from North Texas. He was a projected mid-round NFL guy going into the 2019 season, even got projected a 2nd-3rd round pick by a couple NFL mock guys.

IF his knee is healthy and he's good to go, sign me up. He tore it up in 2018, he's 6'2" around 195-200 lbs, in 2018 he had 68 catches for 1,017 yds & 12 TD's.

Yes please.

OLJWales
02-14-2020, 10:24 AM

I live about 25 minutes from UNT, yall donate all your V-Cash to me and I'll go see him and use it to influence him.

HailStateSZN19
02-14-2020, 10:56 AM
I live about 25 minutes from UNT, yall donate all your V-Cash to me and I'll go see him and use it to influence him.

LOL! Sounds like a plan OLJW. UNT also runs quite a bit of air raid concepts I believe so that'd be a nice, easy transition for him. First things first though, gotta make sure there's no lingering effects from his ACL injury and make sure he's healthy.

Gutter Cobreh
02-14-2020, 10:59 AM

You need some vcash to close the deal? I think I can help....

FISHDAWG
02-14-2020, 12:09 PM
You need some vcash to close the deal? I think I can help....

you have enough cash to run for President these days

coachnorm
02-16-2020, 10:56 AM
I have observed KJ Costello and have noticed that he is primarily a put the ball on the receiver quarterback. Stanford receivers are not exceptionally fast but they know how to get position on a defender and out battle that defender. I hope that any additional receiver that we get is tough and a fierce battler for the ball like seen at Stanford?

OLJWales
02-16-2020, 11:10 AM
I have observed KJ Costello and have noticed that he is primarily a put the ball on the receiver quarterback. Stanford receivers are not exceptionally fast but they know how to get position on a defender and out battle that defender. I hope that any additional receiver that we get is tough and a fierce battler for the ball like seen at Stanford?

I'm assuming Leach will bring WR coaches who know how to teach WR's how to get into position. Hoping our WR's will adjust accordingly in the amount of teaching time left before our 1st game.

coachnorm
02-16-2020, 11:35 AM
I'm assuming Leach will bring WR coaches who know how to teach WR's how to get into position. Hoping our WR's will adjust accordingly in the amount of teaching time left before our 1st game.

I'm on board with you 100% about the coaches. I have seen receivers refuse to put themselves in position to battle for the ball because they are what I call separation cowards. They lack the aggression to physically threaten a defender and can't win their position. I also have seen receivers that have the mindset of a linebacker. They look forward to the position battle aspect of the passing game, they are blood thirsty and love the idea of total physical and psychological domination of their defender. This type of receiver dreams of running over a defender and staring him down after the catch. The coach can teach position, but the genetics of the receiver will influence success. I have seen this up close and personal at the high school and JUCO level.

RougeDawg
02-16-2020, 12:37 PM

We just need receivers that actually know how to receive first. The rest will come. We probably left around 250 minimum yards on the field the last two seasons with drops that hit the receivers hands or in the catch window. With the gloves they wear today, you should be able to hang on to 95% of the ones you get 2 hands on.