PDA

View Full Version : We are SC largest win of the year besides Ark

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 02:47 PM
North Carolina, Vandy, UCF, UK all played them closer. Those teams also didn't have extra days and Shaw and Davis beat up not practicing.

slickdawg
11-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Were any of those teams -5 in turnovers?

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Were any of those teams -5 in turnovers?

No but turnovers weren't just started this week.

CJDAWG85
11-02-2013, 02:51 PM
We had 6 the whole year... Our team played good today except for the TO's that accounted for 20 pts.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 02:56 PM
We had 6 the whole year... Our team played good today except for the TO's that accounted for 20 pts.

Turnovers are a part of the game. It made it easier for them to score but they still had to drive down and score.

Todd4State
11-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Well coached teams don't turn the ball over like that.

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Whoa, what happened?

I thought you were on the "beat only crappy teams, and 'build' " plan.

If you're still there, why are you upset?

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Whoa, what happened?

I think he is on the tired of getting blown out by good teams bandwagon.

Todd4State
11-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Whoa, what happened?

Why do you think I'm "upset"? I'm not upset at all, and have been on the Hud train for awhile.

You don't understand the point- and never have understood the point about the schedule. What part of that quote where I am "upset" says that we should schedule a bunch of difficult teams?

Just because you have a manageable schedule, it doesn't mean that problems are not apparent. See the Bowling Green game.

You think that our fans are too "stupid" to see problems and that we can't get rid of a coach who wins the ones that he is supposed to- which is ridiculous and demeaning to our fans everywhere.

I want us to have a manageable schedule so that we have a better chance of beating good teams. We can rest players, play ones that need valuable experience, reduce injuries, and build confidence by playing a manageable schedule- and all of those things help us to beat people like LSU and Bama. The school owes that to the coach- to put him in a situation where he can succeed. HOWEVER- it is up to the coach to take advantage of that, and if he does not- which is what is happening with Dan, then he is liable to be fired.

So, I have NEVER been "beat ONLY crappy teams"- but I do think you build by going to bowls and occasionally pulling off an upset here and there, and yes it takes time to do that because it has to happen consistently. It's just that our upsets need to come at the expense of other SEC teams like LSU and Bama rather than Oklahoma State simply because we have difficult games built into the schedule because of the fact that we are in the SEC. I expect to beat crappy teams 100% of the time.

MarketingBully01
11-02-2013, 04:04 PM
This thread is stupid.

It_Could_Happen
11-02-2013, 04:12 PM

So now Dan made dak fumble and made dak's arm get hit as he threw.

msugolf
11-02-2013, 04:25 PM
So now Dan made dak fumble and made dak's arm get hit as he threw.

No we'll coached teams recruit WRs that are able to stretch the field, run passing plays other than 8 yard hitches, don't abandon the run, recruit better offensive lineman, play the best players regardless of experience or favoritism, utilize our better RBs to their styles, use screens to offset those blitzes. They do those sort of things so they take the pressure off our already pressured but good QB so he isn't in a spot for a high risks.