PDA

View Full Version : Friday Baseball Game moved up to 1 pm start

Pinto
02-12-2020, 11:49 AM
So for all you fans planning on going after work, F and U!

Another athletic department fail.

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2020, 11:53 AM
So for all you fans planning on going after work, F and U!

Another athletic department fail.

Are you saying that the fans are more important than the health of the players & wanting them to play in 35 degree weather?

I understand the disappointment, but see the bigger picture here

Pinto
02-12-2020, 12:03 PM
Are you saying that the fans are more important than the health of the players & wanting them to play in 35 degree weather?

I understand the disappointment, but see the bigger picture here

I?m saying name a year when it is not butt cold at DNF to start the season.

I?m saying stop selling this best fans, because of the fans, we love the fans BS if you can?t play baseball in cold weather.

I?m saying it?s opening day at MISSISSIPPI STATE in BASEBALL. Why find a way to screw that up?

The correct thing to do, if you move the game, is play two on Saturday, but that makes too much sense for our inept athletic department.

Ezsoil
02-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Dude...I'm not fired up about Ginn pitching in that kind of weather...he did well in Frisco last year but that was against Texas Tech....not Wright State. There isn't a need to risk injury to anyone especially Ginn for Wright State. We need Ginn in Omaha

desotodawg
02-12-2020, 12:33 PM
Was taking the day off anyway. I will be seated, ringing and cheering! If you were a real fan you would have taken the day off too ******

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2020, 12:33 PM

I?m saying stop selling this best fans, because of the fans, we love the fans BS if you can?t play baseball in cold weather.

I?m saying it?s opening day at MISSISSIPPI STATE in BASEBALL. Why find a way to screw that up?

The correct thing to do, if you move the game, is play two on Saturday, but that makes too much sense for our inept athletic department.

I can buy the two Saturday thing. It's absolutely the right idea to not play Friday night though.

HoopsDawg
02-12-2020, 12:51 PM
2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday makes sense. That's the way it used to be every weekend in the SEC. But if we are determined to play Friday, it was the smart move to move the game up. It's going to be freezing Friday night.

AROB44
02-12-2020, 01:50 PM
I have no problem with the move. Made the right one....

Duckdog
02-12-2020, 02:09 PM
Well shit, that was going to be my valentine's gift to my old lady.

BrunswickDawg
02-12-2020, 02:19 PM
2 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday makes sense. That's the way it used to be every weekend in the SEC. But if we are determined to play Friday, it was the smart move to move the game up. It's going to be freezing Friday night.

Coaches are going to avoid DH as much as possible - especially early in the season. Yeah, it stinks from a fan perspective, but its the right call for the team.

ShotgunDawg
02-12-2020, 02:42 PM
Well shit, that was going to be my valentine's gift to my old lady.

Hell of a husband you are to take your wife to a 35 degree baseball game*

I'm sure that's exactly what she wanted for Valentine's

bulldogcountry1
02-12-2020, 03:03 PM
As a fan who lives 3 hrs away and looks forward to going to baseball for months, it feels like they are trying hard to keep me from attending.

RiverCityDawg
02-12-2020, 05:03 PM

Looks like there's a good chance for rain on Sunday. Maybe they want to preserve the opportunity to move that game up and still get three in this weekend.

Or maybe they just wanted to screw it up for Pinto from Elitedawgs.***

ZedFedder
02-12-2020, 05:17 PM
Ginn’s health > any fan

Pinto
02-12-2020, 05:36 PM
Or maybe they just wanted to screw it up for Pinto from Elitedawgs.***

THANK YOU!!! RiverCityDawg gets it.

AlSwearengen
02-12-2020, 06:32 PM
More lunacy from MSU fans. It was going to be miserable sitting in that weather for a baseball game anyway.

starkvegasdawg
02-12-2020, 07:11 PM
More lunacy from MSU fans. It was going to be miserable sitting in that weather for a baseball game anyway.

Pretend you're at a football game. Nobody bitches about 35 degrees at a football game. Hell, thats called football weather.

No BS Dawg
02-12-2020, 07:28 PM
Hey, game time changes due to weather are nothing new and rarely are in favor of the fans. It has cost me many a trip to baseball games, but it is what it is. My family of 4 will be in our seats for the Saturday and Sunday games, as the weather looks to be in a more promising mood. HailState and lets take 3 this weekend!

Homedawg
02-12-2020, 08:06 PM
So I guess, pinto wants it at 7 because that would allow the extra dozen fans who want to come and sit thru that misery to make it after work....

msstate7
02-12-2020, 08:19 PM
Pretend you're at a football game. Nobody bitches about 35 degrees at a football game. Hell, thats called football weather.

Temps may be the same, but February baseball games are some of the coldest events I have attended

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-12-2020, 08:41 PM

The difference is 35 degrees isn't really great for a pitcher's arm. Especially since it's at the beginning of the season

Homedawg
02-12-2020, 08:44 PM

Football players are constantly moving around. Baseball two people are, the pitcher and somewhat the catcher. Football games have fans sitting all around them. A feb baseball game at that temp won't have 1000 people there and that's with it being opening day. By having it at 1 players won't be beyond miserable and we will have way more people. Sorry pinto.

Duckdog
02-13-2020, 09:08 AM
Hell of a husband you are to take your wife to a 35 degree baseball game*

I'm sure that's exactly what she wanted for Valentine's

Well yes it was. She's a good woman

preachermatt83
02-13-2020, 09:28 PM
Is there anyway possible to watch the game. Is it streaming anywhere!?

Pinto
02-13-2020, 10:46 PM
Is there anyway possible to watch the game. Is it streaming anywhere!?

ESPN app. It will be on SECN+. I?m guessing with Bart and Charlie doing announcing.

preachermatt83
02-13-2020, 11:53 PM
ESPN app. It will be on SECN+. I?m guessing with Bart and Charlie doing announcing.

Awesome. Tnx so much!!

StateDawg44
02-14-2020, 08:15 AM

Uhhhhh.... let it get hot at a football game (like it always has) and see what happens.

ZedFedder
02-14-2020, 08:18 AM
There isn’t a risk of arm injury in football, either.

StateDawg44
02-14-2020, 08:20 AM
There isn’t a risk of arm injury in football, either.

It's not the players who are doing the bitching.