PDA

View Full Version : End of Season

Raytoraid83
11-02-2013, 02:42 PM
So everyone has heard the extension rumor, but just for arguments sake lets say Mullen loses out and ole miss game isn't close, there's no way he can come back right?

MrKotter
11-02-2013, 02:47 PM
So everyone has heard the extension rumor, but just for arguments sake lets say Mullen loses out and ole miss game isn't close, there's no way he can come back right?
That extension needs to be run through the shredder about 10 times

C222
11-02-2013, 02:49 PM

I still don't think he gets fired.

Bothrops
11-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I think today's performance solidifies a lose out. I can see us getting blown out in the Eggbowl too. Mullen will get another year regardless.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 02:52 PM
I think today's performance solidifies a lose out. I can see us getting blown out in the Eggbowl too. Mullen will get another year regardless.

Great, we can look forward to a lame duck head coach. Almost anyone can get us to a bowl next year.

Dannyripms
11-02-2013, 02:55 PM
If he does get another year after he loses out we need to burn Scott's house down and run his candy ass out of town. Enough is enough

Raytoraid83
11-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Mullen will get another year regardless.

Why? You gotta get fans to come to games especially with a new stadium, how are you going to promote a 4-8 program that obviously is trending downward?

C222
11-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Why? You gotta get fans to come to games especially with a new stadium, how are you going to promote a 4-8 program that obviously is trending downward?

No way Scott fires him. I honestly believe that Dan may try to find another job. I don't think he wants
to be here.

Raytoraid83
11-02-2013, 03:02 PM
No way Scott fires him. I honestly believe that Dan may try to find another job. I don't think he wants
to be here.

If that's our only way to get him out of here we better hope so.

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 03:05 PM
This is the WORST CASE scenario. We stink, don't fire the coach, then he wins 7 becuase we don't play anybody....so our fans think we are "getting better" becaues we won 7, so then we get yet another year, but then we pick up a decnet team, so we win 6. Still our fans are idiots, so we stick with him, then to 5. then things look bad, but the following year after that our schedul eis favorable...And on and on and on and on.

TrapGame
11-02-2013, 03:06 PM
to be here.

In that's case we need a mutual parting of ways after the EB. I've got one foot on the step of the Hud bandwagon and a hand grasping the rail.

Todd4State
11-02-2013, 03:44 PM
to be here.

Don't forget- Scott has to make a living and has to answer to people too.

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 04:19 PM
if he loses out and keeps his job scott striklin will be committing career suicide

Jacksondevildog
11-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Are y'all sure that Stricklin will be the one hiring???

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Start writing checks then- it will cost 6-7MM to fire him

HoopsDawg
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM

Why? 2 years at 2.5 million + 1.6 million buyout, is that where you are getting that number?

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:28 PM
if he loses out and keeps his job scott striklin will be committing career suicide

Dr Keenum makes that decision- not SS

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Why? 2 years at 2.5 million + 1.6 million buyout, is that where you are getting that number?

It's more than 5MM I know

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 04:30 PM

ummm... ok, ill be right back, gotta go get something...

http://www.mycreditunion.gov/Style%20Library/newmcu/imagesPC/content/emergency-savings2.gif

HoopsDawg
11-02-2013, 04:31 PM

You just have to spread it out. Pay Hud 1.75 in his first year and pay Mullen off over 4 or 5 years.

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Dr Keenum makes that decision- not SS

at the recommendation of the athletic director.

coastdoglover
11-02-2013, 04:32 PM
I am not sure that is accurate. However coach, you spent every season lambasting a basketball coach saying he couldn't coach. If you can't see that this team is horribly coached and unprepared, then you insult the name coach. Everybody bitches about our offense, but we have no clue in the secondary and it happens every game. Our halftime adjustments are non existent and our substitution patterns are an enigma. I don't blame coaches for fumbles, but some of our turnovers looks like we are clueless about what to do. The next two are going to be ugly and I am afraid these kids will quit soon. The buck stops with Mullen and he isn't getting it done.

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:37 PM
I am not sure that is accurate. However coach, you spent every season lambasting a basketball coach saying he couldn't coach. If you can't see that this team is horribly coached and unprepared, then you insult the name coach. Everybody bitches about our offense, but we have no clue in the secondary and it happens every game. Our halftime adjustments are non existent and our substitution patterns are an enigma. I don't blame coaches for fumbles, but some of our turnovers looks like we are clueless about what to do. The next two are going to be ugly and I am afraid these kids will quit soon. The buck stops with Mullen and he isn't getting it done.

Look Dad, I'm not happy right now either. I think his job hinges on Little Rock and Thanksgiving though. Hell, if he loses out, I dont think anybody will want him to stay. But as you well know, paying that buyout is a pain

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:37 PM
at the recommendation of the athletic director.

No, the Big Boys and Keenum tell SS what he is going to do

Dawgface
11-02-2013, 04:43 PM
Hey, we can all chip in from the savings we will be getting through our new Obamacare premiums. Easy buyout. ;)

Topbulldawg
11-02-2013, 04:50 PM
The buyout is just what is left of his contract, basically the figure coach34 has thrown out. The 1.6 million buyout is what he pays if he leaves for another job (I bet it's less since he has less time on his contract now). There may be a buyout on our end, but no one has provided any proof of it.

Op4isabitch
11-02-2013, 05:17 PM
if no fans show up for the egg bowl and just pool $50 of the money they would have spent going to the game, then that would be a quick $2.75 mil we can contribute to the buyout!

And after a few seconds of thought, I decided I would be glad to hold the pool money.

beretta
11-02-2013, 05:21 PM

Someone posted the other day that Mullen's buyout was only 1.2 or 1.7 or something like that. Is this 5M all the assistants included?

Coach34
11-02-2013, 05:23 PM
Someone posted the other day that Mullen's buyout was only 1.2 or 1.7 or something like that. Is this 5M all the assistants included?

No- that is what Mullen has to pay us if he leaves for another job.

To fire Mullen is going to cost us about 6MM plus more if any assistants have multi-year deals

Political Hack
11-02-2013, 05:28 PM
that buyout will likely not be his full contract. if he negotiated 100% guaranteed money Strick should be fired for that alone.

hacker
11-02-2013, 05:31 PM
No- that is what Mullen has to pay us if he leaves for another job.

To fire Mullen is going to cost us about 6MM plus more if any assistants have multi-year deals

It'll be around 8 mil with assistant buyouts. Auburn dropped close to 12 mil with Chizik and staff. Mullen makes a little less than Chizik did and the staff is paid less than Auburn's.

was21
11-02-2013, 06:33 PM
I'm wondering if any coach worth a sh-t wants to be here. I have a laundry list of the "whys."

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 06:37 PM
that buyout will likely not be his full contract. if he negotiated 100% guaranteed money Strick should be fired for that alone.

Exactly... that is unheard of, Most likely it would cost us about 60 percent of the remainder of his contract.

Dawgfan77
11-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Exactly... that is unheard of, Most likely it would cost us about 60 percent of the remainder of his contract.
Sometimes you take a hit with an investment for tomorrow

Coach34
11-02-2013, 07:43 PM

uhhhhh no

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 07:45 PM
You don't pay the complete buyout unless you are a complete dumbass like USM. Dan would get another job and it comes off of what is owed. Only USM guarantees the full buyout no matter what.

Coach34
11-02-2013, 07:51 PM
You don't pay the complete buyout unless you are a complete dumbass like USM. Dan would get another job and it comes off of what is owed. Only USM guarantees the full buyout no matter what.

or Auburn, or Ole Miss, or Auburn again on Tubby, or Tennessee who was still paying off Fulmer when Dooley was their coach....gonna be around 6MM just to get rid of Mullen- not sure about any assistants

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 08:01 PM
I would think you either negotiate the buyout or you pay it and the person doesn't work in football as long as the contract was for. Nutt just dropped out of football but I doubt Mullen would do that since it would greatly hurt his career.

Political Hack
11-02-2013, 08:04 PM
the buyout will come from one place and it will be a simple yes or no. The amount isn't an issue.

Todd4State
11-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Since we pay our assistants jack, that will help with their buyouts.

MarketingBully01
11-02-2013, 08:46 PM
How does us losing today solidify us losing out? Did you see Arkansas play? They are terrible. They will lose out and 0fer the year. Worst case we are 5-6 playing a team that hasn't beaten us at our place since 2003. I like our chances.

dawgoneyall
11-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Bingo

bluelightstar
11-02-2013, 09:29 PM
How does us losing today solidify us losing out? Did you see Arkansas play? They are terrible. They will lose out and 0fer the year. Worst case we are 5-6 playing a team that hasn't beaten us at our place since 2003. I like our chances.

That is not "worst case." I agree Arkansas is terrible but so is Kentucky and they took us to the wire at home. The Pigs are on the road and we've never won in Little Rock (since you want to bring up the history of not losing to Ole Miss at home since '03).

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 09:39 PM

No, Worst case is that Mullen loses this team after we get taken to the woodshed the next two weeks, and then we don't even show up on the road in Arkansas, and then ole miss whips our ass like they did last year on our own turf. THAT is worst case.

Not saying that will happen, but to act like we have a gimme left on this schedule is rucking fidiculous. This team has NO gimmes because we are poorly coached. (see Bowling green and Kentucky)

Coach34
11-02-2013, 09:41 PM
The Pigs are on the road and we've never won in Little Rock (since you want to bring up the history of not losing to Ole Miss at home since '03).

1. The Pigs have never been 0-6 in the SEC when we played them in LR like they will be this year
2. The Pigs have never beaten us with a 1st year coach

fishwater99
11-02-2013, 10:08 PM
I agree, Dan is the problem and he keeps getting worse.

Statecoachingblows**
11-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Why do OUR expectations have to be based off of who we are playing? Kills me to see all this next year's schedule is easier they are down (we have a chance) come on! If our expectations are based on easier schedules and opponents not being worth a shit we are SCREWED!

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 10:59 PM
and disheartening.

Why do OUR expectations have to be based off of who we are playing? Kills me to see all this next year's schedule is easier they are down (we have a chance) come on! If our expectations are based on easier schedules and opponents not being worth a shit we are SCREWED!