PDA

View Full Version : Body language

Cowbell
02-11-2020, 09:45 PM
You can tell how well a team is disciplined and coached by reading body language. Some of you guys like to argue wins/losses and talent/recruiting, blah blah blah. But body language is an instant guage. 18 year olds are gonna react negatively at times and so a small degree is expected. But when you see players consistently react immaturely to adversity, it means there is no leadership. This is no different than Joe. That's why I never got excited about this team even though I wanted too, because they are talented. I mean TALENTED.
Examples - End of Stans era, Rick ray, end of sherrill, Cann, and Joe. When you see it, you better put that fire out quick. Some of you will remember me (and others) calling for Moorehead mid season for this reason and I said that the train had left the tracks and there was no way to turn it around. Some of you guys on here are coaches and you know what I'm talking about. I've played ball at a high level and been surrounded by it in my family and it is the number one indicator of coaching.

R2Dawg
02-11-2020, 09:48 PM
You were not alone on Moorhead and some were ready way sooner than mid year 19. I agree though, when the leadership is not there things can spiral out of control fast.

dawgday166
02-11-2020, 09:52 PM
I call it team chemistry but yea ... I agree with you Cowbell.

Cowbell
02-11-2020, 09:52 PM
You were not alone on Moorhead and some were ready way sooner than mid year 19. I agree though, when the leadership is not there things can spiral out of control fast.

Oh definitely agree on that - several of us had the trainwreck conversation about it only getting worse and it was amazing how many people couldn't understand it.

CadaverDawg
02-11-2020, 10:20 PM
You can tell how well a team is disciplined and coached by reading body language. Some of you guys like to argue wins/losses and talent/recruiting, blah blah blah. But body language is an instant guage. 18 year olds are gonna react negatively at times and so a small degree is expected. But when you see players consistently react immaturely to adversity, it means there is no leadership. This is no different than Joe. That's why I never got excited about this team even though I wanted too, because they are talented. I mean TALENTED.
Examples - End of Stans era, Rick ray, end of sherrill, Cann, and Joe. When you see it, you better put that fire out quick. Some of you will remember me (and others) calling for Moorehead mid season for this reason and I said that the train had left the tracks and there was no way to turn it around. Some of you guys on here are coaches and you know what I'm talking about. I've played ball at a high level and been surrounded by it in my family and it is the number one indicator of coaching.

Spot on. Couldn't agree more

timotheus
02-11-2020, 10:23 PM
ditto

maroonmania
02-12-2020, 12:45 PM

I just get the feeling, right or wrong, that Howland is perfectly content riding out his career coaching a mediocre basketball team producing mediocre results. Doesn't bother him in the least. We run the same boring offense and play the same exact man-to-man defense every trip up and down the court. He doesn't do anything in game to shake things up that might turn momentum back in our direction. Same old same old every game. And I guess since we never use a zone defense Howland doesn't have a clue how to attack it when teams use it against us.

timotheus
02-12-2020, 03:13 PM
After last night , I will say that Ben has no clue as to how to approach a zone.