PDA

View Full Version : The last 8 years of MSU basketball

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 09:38 PM
MSU leadership - Please make a change after this season in our basketball program. I am sick and tired of how we have looked the last 8 years of my life. Our brand of basketball used to be hustle and grit. We have none of that left. I miss the days of exciting and thrilling games.

Cooterpoot
02-11-2020, 09:43 PM
We need a good young coach that doesn't teach cobwebs as his offense and who isn't scared to tear a selfish and lazy team a new asshole.

R2Dawg
02-11-2020, 09:45 PM
Just go rewatch the Ray years if you want to feel a little better. But I agree, we must do something. Howland is just a cheerleader. I don't see any X and 0 coaching at all. He has to be a smart guy to do what he has done. The generational thing is real and hard.

dawgday166
02-11-2020, 09:47 PM
We need a good young coach that doesn't teach cobwebs as his offense and who isn't scared to tear a selfish and lazy team a new asshole.

That IMO is the BIG problem.

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 09:54 PM
We had Vick Schaefer’s clone(Kermit Davis)and passed on him. Just the idea of squandering talent like Perry and Woodard really irks me. No generational family connections left after they depart.

Bothrops
02-11-2020, 09:56 PM
No one in the league is consistantly good anymore except Kentucky. What Auburn is doing is magical, but for how much longer? I think RW right now could do some damage but anyone else coming in is huge a roll of the dice.

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 10:03 PM
Did you guys notice how hard Kermit coached tonight. He basically willed his team back into the game. Vic does the same thing on many nights. Kermit made multiple adjustments to confuse us on offense. We didn’t have one answer the entire night. That is all on Ben Howland. The game has passed him by. The guy has no clue when it comes to X’ and O’s. A casual fan can see that.

R2Dawg
02-11-2020, 10:06 PM
No one in the league is consistantly good anymore except Kentucky. What Auburn is doing is magical, but for how much longer? I think RW right now could do some damage but anyone else coming in is huge a roll of the dice.

Pearl is a good coach and he could keep Aub going for a while with the all out cheating going on. We need him gone. SEC should have never let him back in league.

dawgday166
02-11-2020, 10:07 PM

Pearl seems to generate excitement and win where ever he goes. He can coach. He is a more with less coach too.

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 10:09 PM
Bruce Pearl could win 10 regular SEC games with Craig Sword and Fred Thomas. The guy can flat out coach.

AROB44
02-11-2020, 10:43 PM
We had Vick Schaefer?s clone(Kermit Davis)and passed on him. Just the idea of squandering talent like Perry and Woodard really irks me. No generational family connections left after they depart.

Glad we did...I'll take Howland any day over K. Davis.

confucius say
02-11-2020, 11:07 PM
We had Vick Schaefer’s clone(Kermit Davis)and passed on him. Just the idea of squandering talent like Perry and Woodard really irks me. No generational family connections left after they depart.

Oh my.

Please don't ever compare what Kermit has done as a head coach to what Vic has done. You look clueless doing so.

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 11:21 PM
Kermit Davis would have continued the foundation laid by Stansbury and Williams. Kermit is a legacy bulldawg through and through. Malik Newman, Robert Woodard, Reggie Perry would have flourished under his watch. Kermit is currently coaching a team with no talent outside of Tryee.

StarkVegasSteve
02-11-2020, 11:36 PM
Let's just go get Dan D'Antoni and call it a day. We'll be infinitely more fun to watch with the amount of shots we'll get up. May not win anymore than we are now, but we'll be entertaining.

timotheus
02-12-2020, 12:04 AM
Can he teach how to attack a zone with ball movement? If so, he's be a vast improvement. We never drove baseline from the corner because we had to float a rainbow back to halfcourt and have spoon display his dribbling ability as the shot clock ran down

smootness
02-12-2020, 08:47 AM
We had Vick Schaefer’s clone(Kermit Davis)and passed on him.

LOLOL