PDA

View Full Version : Get out your sharpie and circle Saturday

msstate7
02-11-2020, 09:36 PM
This was ugly tonight, real ugly, but we have a winnable game at ark Saturday; Ark is really reeling right now. If we win Saturday, our schedule is pretty favorable. Not giving up just yet, but Saturday is a must win now bc of tonight

dawgday166
02-11-2020, 09:38 PM
Even if we somehow make the tourney, this team will be lucky to play the 2nd game in it.

msstate7
02-11-2020, 09:38 PM
Even if we somehow make the tourney, this team will be lucky to play the 2nd game in it.

And I'm fine with that... sign me up

dawgday166
02-11-2020, 09:40 PM

This team should go further than that. It's grossly underachieved. I'm fine with that when we're playing at or above our potential but his team doesn't do that.

R2Dawg
02-11-2020, 09:42 PM
Agree ark is sucking now. It will be game of who sucks the least. I'm not near as positive as you. USC will kill us; they are tough as nails. Not sure how we beat Olemiss anywhere; dang did I just say that. Bama the way they shoot; we could lose again by 20 or more. We have too many players not focused in and off shooting.

msstate7
02-11-2020, 09:43 PM
This team should go further than that. It's grossly underachieved. I'm fine with that when we're playing at or above our potential but his team doesn't do that.

I agree we've underachieved, but damage is done now... let's just get in the tourney

dawgday166
02-11-2020, 09:46 PM
I agree we've underachieved, but damage is done now... let's just get in the tourney

Ok ... I'll buy getting in tourney but this team ... ughh ... just very frustrating to watch the lack of effort at times and shear stupidity they can play with.

msstate7
02-11-2020, 09:49 PM
Ok ... I'll buy getting in tourney but this team ... ughh ... just very frustrating to watch the lack of effort at times and shear stupidity they can play with.

Now don't get me wrong, I think making it is sort of a long shot

R2Dawg
02-11-2020, 09:51 PM
We looked like Ned and first reader tonight. What are chances this repeats several more times? I say pretty high. We've done it all year in first half. Tonight we did it for 1.5 of game.

I want to believe we have a shot too but what changes to cause that? Not being smart, serious question?

Homedawg
02-11-2020, 09:53 PM

Very.

Cowbell
02-11-2020, 09:54 PM
Very.

What's your take on Howland?

dawgday166
02-11-2020, 09:55 PM

And I was meaning I'm for making the tourney but ... I think our odds took a serious hit tonight. Pretty slim IMO now.

Cowbell
02-11-2020, 09:55 PM
We looked like Ned and first reader tonight. What are chances this repeats several more times? I say pretty high. We've done it all year in first half. Tonight we did it for 1.5 of game.

I want to believe we have a shot too but what changes to cause that? Not being smart, serious question?

The fact that we have talent and can get hot. That's it, besides maroon glasses.

R2Dawg
02-11-2020, 09:58 PM
The fact that we have talent and can get hot. That's it, besides maroon glasses.

Yeah I agree, that is all we have. Otherwise, I'll go with just more of same. We will look like a Final 4 team a time or two then like tonight 3 more times at least.

dawgday166
02-11-2020, 09:59 PM
Yeah I agree, that is all we have. Otherwise, I'll go with just more of same. We will look like a Final 4 team a time or two then like tonight 3 more times at least.

We haven't looked like a Final 4 team at any time this season.

R2Dawg
02-11-2020, 10:11 PM
Loser of Sat is out of tourney IMO. Elimination game Sat. and we'll be playing in an elimination game every game until we lose one more.

CadaverDawg
02-11-2020, 10:18 PM
Hate to say it, but I saw enough about our mental toughness tonight, to see that we aren't making the dance. I was pretty sure we'd lose....but 25 points? Weak, soft, pitiful. We may make the NIT, but who cares...this team is too talented and too experienced to give a rats ass about the NIT. We aren't making the dance, and thats a failure. No dance puts this season in the same spot as Joe's 8-5 year with the #1 Defense in the country. Embarrassing, underachieving failure if we don't make the dance, and it doesn't look like we will.

My guess, Just like Joe, Ben will get next year, we will miss the dance again, and Ben will be replaced.

timotheus
02-11-2020, 10:21 PM
We need to find a hard ass type coach. I'm sure Cohen has one on his short list of candidates. That was some smoking hot garbage effort tonite. Spoon mite as well have just sat out the game. Not enough one on one for him tonite. I think cadaverdog is on to something.

Coach34
02-11-2020, 10:39 PM
UPig is ****ing good at home. We will be hardpressed to win there.

Howland recruits well- but we arent well-coached by any means

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 10:41 PM
Howland would make Dale Brown proud.

timotheus
02-12-2020, 12:00 AM
If we run up on a good zone team in the NIT, we are screwed********

Leeshouldveflanked
02-12-2020, 07:11 AM
Its over....

Cowbell
02-12-2020, 07:20 AM
If we run up on a good zone team in the NIT, we are screwed********
Ole miss

Liverpooldawg
02-12-2020, 10:30 AM
We are not going to make the Dance. Last night ended that unless we win out. I don't think anyone thinks we will do that.

QuadrupleOption
02-12-2020, 10:54 AM
We didn't beat Arkansas that handily at home. I don't see us winning on the road. Then again with this team you never know what kind of effort you're going to get.

maroonmania
02-12-2020, 12:38 PM

We can't win at Arkansas, another Nike ball game on the road.***

WPS
02-12-2020, 01:38 PM
We didn't beat Arkansas that handily at home. I don't see us winning on the road. Then again with this team you never know what kind of effort you're going to get.

Arkansas has gone severely downhill since Isaiah Joe got hurt. Granted he only had 5 points in the first meeting but he did pull down 7 rebounds. We're down to just about a 6-7 man rotation.

At least baseball starts in a few days.