PDA

View Full Version : That game is the definition of.....

Thick
02-11-2020, 09:09 PM
a coach that has NO control over a group of talented, selfish, low b-ball IQ, no understanding of team play, and a ?ME, ME? approach! Complete horseshit!!!

msugolf
02-11-2020, 09:14 PM
a coach that has NO control over a group of talented, selfish, low b-ball IQ, no understanding of team play, and a ?ME, ME? approach! Complete horseshit!!!

I was willing to give Howland a chance to hire some real assistants at the end of the year but after that performance I think it would be best if we just made a clean break. Fans aren't interested in his style of basketball and he doesn't relate to the culture that has made our other athletic teams successful. And once fan support tanks its nearly impossible to gain it back.

CJDAWG85
02-11-2020, 09:16 PM
Been saying it for a while now

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 09:17 PM
I was willing to give Howland a chance to hire some real assistants at the end of the year but after that performance I think it would be best if we just made a clean break. Fans aren't interested in his style of basketball and he doesn't relate to the culture that has made our other athletic teams successful. And once fan support tanks its nearly impossible to gain it back.

This is the exact same attitude that makes us hang onto Moorhead after winning the Egg Bowl

Was it bad? yes but if you replace Ole Miss with the name Missouri, you're aren't calling for a firing.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2020, 09:19 PM

You nailed it.

BuckyIsAB****
02-11-2020, 09:23 PM
This is the exact same attitude that makes us hang onto Moorhead after winning the Egg Bowl

Was it bad? yes but if you replace Ole Miss with the name Missouri, you're aren't calling for a firing.

Uh no. This was a Moorhead level performance. Accountability issues. Culture problem. Big time. Howland has done a better job than Moorhead did considering he walked into a dead program but he has it pretty close to a coma right now. Im not ready to say fire him but this was strike 1 for me. Baseball and the womens team have done a lot to keep the attention off of him

Skydawg1
02-11-2020, 09:24 PM
How dare you call Nick Spoon talented!**

Cooterpoot
02-11-2020, 09:28 PM
Welcome back aboard! You guys took a few games off but you see the light now. Howland sucks. He recruits great but his coaching is terrible. He's going to miss the tournament with one of the most talented teams we've had. Tell Adidas it's time to start the search and no old ass retreads. This is Stans 2.0. All we need is some fighting.

msugolf
02-11-2020, 09:33 PM

Actually its not. Ive never been a howland fan from the get go. And I've been vocal about it all along. His offenses are clunky and his style of play is very hard to watch. And yes I'd say the exact same thing if it were Missouri because I have already done that.

Cowbell
02-11-2020, 09:36 PM

You obviously don't pay attention to what some of us have been saying about howland since way before this.

defiantdog
02-11-2020, 09:36 PM
I can't believe we let OM score 50 points in the second half

timotheus
02-11-2020, 10:06 PM
We must be practicing that lob/rainbow pass around the perimeter. Ado is useless in the middle of the zone if he just stands still and is no threat to shoot. Perry should be down low against a zone and change the lineup.

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 10:13 PM
Where is the guy that normally defends Howland? Can’t believe anyone would find a way to justify our teams performance the last few years under Howland. For crying out loud we lost to Liberty in the tournament last year.

Skydawg1
02-11-2020, 10:15 PM
We must be practicing that lob/rainbow pass around the perimeter. Ado is useless in the middle of the zone if he just stands still and is no threat to shoot. Perry should be down low against a zone and change the lineup.OMG, THIS. I hate our passing around the perimeter. Lazy af.

timotheus
02-11-2020, 10:15 PM
the other coach was chewing on his guys and urging them to compete. Our coach stood and mildly clapped. This team will struggle mightily next year with Perry gone.

timotheus
02-11-2020, 10:18 PM
OMG, THIS. I hate our passing around the perimeter. Lazy af.

We kept doing with 3 mins left and trailing by 20. It didn't seem to be of any concern to the folks on the bench. I understand the rivalry and all of that but to just lay down and act like you were better from the opening tip. We were up 32-18 with 3 min left in the half and just never adjusted to a plain old high school 2-3 match up zone. holy crap

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 10:18 PM
You can put a fork in this program until Ben Howland exits stage door right.

99jc
02-11-2020, 10:44 PM
I got freaking blasted for saying last year Howland was on the clock....you stubborn hard headed 17ers get what you deserve and you know who you are.

CarolinaDawgs
02-11-2020, 10:50 PM
But but but but Ari said we cant do no better.... foh

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 10:52 PM
Same here buddy. The writing has been on the wall the first day Howland arrived on campus. Not sure why anyone would defend his results. The record and lack of attendance speaks for itself. The program took the wrong turn the day Stansbury was shown the door.

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 10:54 PM
But but but but Ari said we cant do no better.... foh

The Ari Gold guy called me out for being ignorant. He might want to re-visit that statement.

CarolinaDawgs
02-11-2020, 10:55 PM
Where is the guy that normally defends Howland? Can’t believe anyone would find a way to justify our teams performance the last few years under Howland. For crying out loud we lost to Liberty in the tournament last year.

It isnt that we lost to Liberty last year... its the fact that they were far superior and we were coached like a dud the last 5 minutes.. no accountability.

Dawsonmsu
02-11-2020, 10:57 PM
It isnt that we lost to Liberty last year... its the fact that they were far superior and we were coached like a dud the last 5 minutes.. no accountability.

Agreed.

CarolinaDawgs
02-11-2020, 11:00 PM
Agreed.

I meant WE were superior, but you get the gist

timotheus
02-12-2020, 12:07 AM
This game was no different than most high school games I attend. The less athletic but more basketball savy team with a gritty coach defeated the more talented(on paper) team with a coach with no clue as to what was actually occurring.

NCDawg
02-12-2020, 01:36 AM
the other coach was chewing on his guys and urging them to compete. Our coach stood and mildly clapped. This team will struggle mightily next year with Perry gone.

We struggled a heck of a lot tonight. Doubt if it could be too much worse next year. I knew from the beginning we were going to lose, even when we had a 14 point lead. We couldn't work the ball inside like Ole Miss was doing. We were shooting from the outside, whereas they were making lay-ups and playing good defense.

OLJWales
02-12-2020, 07:45 AM
I was shocked about last night. I thoroughly thought we were about to make a run and get back to talking about tourney chances. Then we shit the bed in piss town and play like dumb, selfish PUPPIES.

Howland brought a team that was totally not mentally prepared to a very important game and that'not excusable IMO.

smootness
02-12-2020, 08:44 AM
We are back to where we were at the end of the Stans tenure...talented teams who don't seem to have a clear plan and routinely play below their capability. Sit right around the bubble all the time.

It won't be easy to find someone who can consistently have us in a better position than that, but I'm close to wanting to give it a shot.

KentuckyDawg13
02-12-2020, 08:51 AM
That passing was complete bullshit...attack the freaking basket. Our team is way bigger, use the advantage! Nick looked like he was drunk. Pathetic.

KentuckyDawg13
02-12-2020, 08:52 AM
Yeah, you showed us. Now go to the door and get your prize.

ZedFedder
02-12-2020, 09:11 AM
We are back to where we were at the end of the Stans tenure...talented teams who don't seem to have a clear plan and routinely play below their capability. Sit right around the bubble all the time.

It won't be easy to find someone who can consistently have us in a better position than that, but I'm close to wanting to give it a shot.

This is exactly it. Stansbury 2.0. I personally will not go to another game until Howland is gone. I went last night, and after having drunk OM fans tell me to go the **** home, I won't watch another game in person. Maybe not on tv either.

timotheus
02-12-2020, 09:12 AM
The players were simply doing what they were taught to do vs a zone. Evidently attacking the middle(as my high school coach taught) is not popular these days. We threw floating lob passes when double teamed and looked as if we had a lead an wanted to run out the clock. There was never any urgency to alter this approach when trailing by 20 with 5 minutes remaining.

BeardoMSU
02-12-2020, 09:14 AM
He recruits great but his coaching is terrible. He's going to miss the tournament with one of the most talented teams we've had.

We talkin' about Stans or Howland?**

timotheus
02-12-2020, 09:30 AM
this

Kingbarkus
02-12-2020, 01:00 PM
We've got real issues with this team. 2 things stick out about last night. 1. Howland had to aggressively yell and swing his arms telling his team to hustle back on defense. 2. Spoon stole the ball but didn't control it. It was fumbled and Spoon hit the floor trying to get the ball. 2 more Bulldogs joined in to capture the loose ball. The one Rebel around ended up with the loose ball.