PDA

View Full Version : Nobody should be surprised by this....

maroonmania
11-02-2013, 02:38 PM
when you are just skating by AT HOME against the likes of BG and KY then anyone could see 3 straight blowouts against good teams coming just as sure as anything. That's why I say its sort of ridiculous for people to make out like the MSU fans bellyaching has been about OM or the fact they beat LSU. To me its ALL about us and the fact that our level of play is not acceptable right now if we are actually going to try and compete in this league. We either need better recruiting or better coaching (probably both) OR we just need to all accept our place at the bottom of the SEC West.

civildawg
11-02-2013, 02:40 PM
But all the Mullen supporters said they locker room and practices were different this week. They said you were going to see a different team show up and beat sc. Now we don't and they are going to make up some other bs to try to defend him

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 02:40 PM
What kills me is a lot of our fans believe this part:

when you are just skating by AT HOME against the likes of BG and KY then anyone could see 3 straight blowouts against good teams coming just as sure as anything. That's why I say its sort of ridiculous for people to make out like the MSU fans bellyaching has been about OM or the fact they beat LSU. To me its ALL about us and the fact that our level of play is not acceptable right now if we are actually going to try and compete in this league. We either need better recruiting or better coaching (probably both) OR we just need to all accept our place at the bottom of the SEC West.

HailState39110
11-02-2013, 02:49 PM

but does this team sorta remind you of the 2009 Ole Miss team with Masoli? Things started to turn on Houston Nutt fast. No identity, spotty talent combined with softness and lots of mental mistakes. We know what direction things are heading toward. The next 2 games will be blowouts. If anyone thinks this team can mentally rebound from that to win in Little Rock & beat a good Ole Miss team, then you are plain delusional. The one thing I think Mullen has that Houston didn't have is a QB returning with a lot of starters (although recruiting has been suspect). He will be back , but even though we play Kentucky & Vanderbilt next year from the East it will be ba major battle to get back to 6 wins ( I think Kentucky gets us next year in Lexington with better coaching and Stoops is recruiting better than Mullen now)

Bothrops
11-02-2013, 02:59 PM
but does this team sorta remind you of the 2009 Ole Miss team with Masoli? Things started to turn on Houston Nutt fast. No identity, spotty talent combined with softness and lots of mental mistakes. We know what direction things are heading toward. The next 2 games will be blowouts. If anyone thinks this team can mentally rebound from that to win in Little Rock & beat a good Ole Miss team, then you are plain delusional. The one thing I think Mullen has that Houston didn't have is a QB returning with a lot of starters (although recruiting has been suspect). He will be back , but even though we play Kentucky & Vanderbilt next year from the East it will be ba major battle to get back to 6 wins ( I think Kentucky gets us next year in Lexington with better coaching and Stoops is recruiting better than Mullen now)

Ding ding^^^.. But this is OM 2010!!! We just made a gear-up landing in the middle of Pacific ocean. We will sink before help has time to arrive.

maroonmania
11-02-2013, 03:03 PM
But all the Mullen supporters said they locker room and practices were different this week. They said you were going to see a different team show up and beat sc. Now we don't and they are going to make up some other bs to try to defend him

Yea, don't know where C34 and Hack are but I guess I need them to stop by and tell me how Mullen is going to make it all better. I'm definitely losing faith.

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 03:04 PM

^Post of the day^

HoopsDawg
11-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Yea, don't know where C34 and Hack are but I guess I need them to stop by and tell me how Mullen is going to make it all better. I'm definitely losing faith.

Some people have been in denial. But even in the wins, there's just no way anyone can think we are a well coached team.

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 03:05 PM

http://www.statefansnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/crickets.gif

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 03:22 PM
I will give Mullen credit. We don't lose to crap teams anymore. We haven't really played above ourselves since 2010 but we win against the shit teams.

Bothrops
11-02-2013, 03:30 PM
I will give Mullen credit. We don't lose to crap teams anymore. We haven't really played above ourselves since 2010 but we win against the shit teams.

Teams that are worse than us are becoming scarce, esp in BCS. It's not our players, it's all on coaching.

maroonmania
11-02-2013, 03:34 PM

Actually if we were winning comfortably against "shit" teams and playing competitively with good teams but losing I could live with that. But the last couple of seasons especially we are playing competitively with the shit teams but winning and repeatedly getting our doors blown by good teams.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Actually if we were winning comfortably against "shit" teams and playing competitively with good teams but losing I could live with that. But the last couple of seasons especially we are playing competitively with the shit teams but winning and repeatedly getting our doors blown by good teams.

Someone said Mullen raised the floor but has not increased the ceiling. I think this is very similar to what Lou Holtz did at SC. He got them to actually competing for a bowl game every year but now Spurrier has actually raised the ceiling. I just don't think Mullen can do anymore than he already has. I think we won't play competitive with good teams unless they are having down years like UGA, UF, and Michigan did. We were coached a lot better in 09 and 10 but since then we have been mediocre.

preachermatt83
11-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Someone said Mullen raised the floor but has not increased the ceiling. I think this is very similar to what Lou Holtz did at SC. He got them to actually competing for a bowl game every year but now Spurrier has actually raised the ceiling. I just don't think Mullen can do anymore than he already has. I think we won't play competitive with good teams unless they are having down years like UGA, UF, and Michigan did. We were coached a lot better in 09 and 10 but since then we have been mediocre.

+1000

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 04:39 PM

So Mullen was the reason we had a young QB throw 3 picks and fumble today. Thats what cost us the game, not Mullen's coaching. We just beat the number 14 team in the country in virtually every stat, but you wan't to tell me that Mullen's can't make this team any better?

So we can beat the number 14 team in the country in virtually every stat, but you want to tell me that it was an unwinnable game?

Not sure where your logic is on this one. Its logical to me that we were very capable of winning that game today if our young QB plays with poise and composure. To me Mullen can still make this team better and win big games. Not sure how you come to your conclusion if thinking objectively.

Coach34
11-02-2013, 04:46 PM
If anyone thinks this team can mentally rebound from that to win in Little Rock & beat a good Ole Miss team, then you are plain delusional.)

Yet a UPig team that has lost 7 games in a row can? Because that will likely be their losing streak when we come visiting

Dawgface
11-02-2013, 04:46 PM

Good one. I was wondering the same.

ShotgunDawg
11-02-2013, 04:50 PM

What do people have to make up? Look at the stats... Do you think that the people on this board had any clue that we would turn the ball over 5 times and Dak would go brain dead?

Keep finding the scapegoat.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 04:56 PM
What do people have to make up? Look at the stats... Do you think that the people on this board had any clue that we would turn the ball over 5 times and Dak would go brain dead?

Keep finding the scapegoat.

You think Ark fans said the same thing last year when we won and they had 5 turnovers?