PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds Say....

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 08:46 AM
"The expectation around Oxford is that Kiffin will land a top 10 class this coming year."

How?

He has no personality.

Is Ole Miss just advertising that they are all the way back in on cheating?

Incredible how they just make a decision that the coach is going to land a top 10 class.

Dawgology
02-11-2020, 08:49 AM
"The expectation around Oxford is that Kiffin will land a top 10 class this coming year."

How?

He has no personality.

Incredible how they just make a decision that the coach is going to land a top 10 class.

They will pay a lot of money. Step on toes. Be back under investigation by the time he leaves campus with his tail between his legs.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 08:52 AM
They will pay a lot of money. Step on toes. Be back under investigation by the time he leaves campus with his tail between his legs.

It's hard to believe it's just as easy as deciding that they are going to get a top 10 class.

Can MSU decide this?

Do not think that the entire country won't be the least bit skeptical?

Or is cheating legal now that A&M & LSU suffer no consequences?

Dawgology
02-11-2020, 08:52 AM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/867839-lane-kiffin-recruiting-violations-more-reports-why-kiffin-will-always-be-dirty

THis should explain it all. I mean....it's common knowledge.

msstate7
02-11-2020, 08:54 AM
If all the top state players go to OM, will you be mad about them staying in state?

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 08:59 AM
If all the top state players go to OM, will you be mad about them staying in state?

Todd4State
02-11-2020, 09:08 AM
Why do you listen to that crap? It's just sensationalist radio and you fell for it. I guess this is why Skip Bayless has a job.

defiantdog
02-11-2020, 09:08 AM
OM has to try to win at something right? Too bad they don't have any leverage to cheat. They can't outbid the blue bloods. Talkin to Kiffin is like talking to that pothead fraternity brother that lived in the far corner of the house. You talk to him because you kind of feel bad for him..... not because you want to. Recruits will probably treat him the same. They aren't going to commit to him...... and OM ain't getting a top 10 class.

TrapGame
02-11-2020, 09:09 AM
I posted that would happen. Top 10 class next year and it will be the beauty of oxford and the charisma of Kiffin. I wonder if they will bring back the Studio 54/Sodom & Gomorah recruiting weekend in Oxford again?

BeardoMSU
02-11-2020, 09:28 AM
"The Expectation..."

He means from Neal McCready. Obviously the Spirit too, but they don't really count since they always think they're getting a top 10 class, regardless of circumstances.

smootness
02-11-2020, 09:33 AM

+1,000

Jack Lambert
02-11-2020, 09:37 AM
they are use to winning the recruiting battle against state and I am sure there are some upset bears in this state and somebody is just trying to settle down the natives with that comment. Even coming in late they should have had a better showing in recruiting. They only signned 16. I would be piss if that is all we signed.

I will say this, Leach's offense and his name will bring kids in. Not so much Kiffin. He is like a spoiled kid himself.

ScoobaDawg
02-11-2020, 09:45 AM
I'll worry about that those little sh!ts when we have to... they might of made a big splash hire but we made a bigger one. We have owned their asses recently on and off the field and will continue to stomp on them. Why you are worried about what they claim they will be? who gives a F*ck.. it's what they do best. Spread propaganda. and some people keep falling for it..

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 09:58 AM
I'll worry about that those little sh!ts when we have to... they might of made a big splash hire but we made a bigger one. We have owned their asses recently on and off the field and will continue to stomp on them. Why you are worried about what they claim they will be? who gives a F*ck.. it's what they do best. Spread propaganda. and some people keep falling for it..

Eh. It's more the opposite.

I find the entire thing pretty funny to be honest.

msudawglb
02-11-2020, 10:15 AM
It's just an expectation. They should have expectations. I mean, when we hired Moorhead, we had expectations of eclipsing what Mullen had accomplished. And we see how that worked out....

gtowndawg
02-11-2020, 10:26 AM
Lol @ Fredo.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2020, 10:27 AM

They didn't make a splash hire. They made an absolutely terrible desperation hire. The GOAT boy is NOT a good coach.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-11-2020, 10:29 AM

I think that is a legitimate question...I was hoping for a better answer

BeardoMSU
02-11-2020, 10:29 AM
Lol @ Fredo.

and he wants respect, lol.
https://66.media.tumblr.com/8b0cb765b6ac5b8693a3c2415dd5b1e6/tumblr_myat5auSRN1qclvcho3_250.gifv

BeastMan
02-11-2020, 10:30 AM
Neal has been on record numerous times saying that if Lane is going to win in Oxford he has to have a top 10ish class immediately. It’s because they cannot win with their current roster. It’s a goal or hope more than an expectation.

And for the record, Neal is right. They’re pretty good at WR & RB but the OL is as unathletic as it gets. 5 slow dumpy looking white guys. The DL is by far the worst in the SEC. It wouldn’t even be a top Sun Belt DL. LB is bottom 4th SEC and DB in bottom 4th. The 12th best SEC defense lost 3 DL who will all get a shot in the NFL and their best DB. Horrific roster

Dawg-gone-dawgs
02-11-2020, 10:32 AM
Eh. It's more the opposite.

I find the entire thing pretty funny to be honest.

No you don't think it's funny. You are scared shitless and you know it. You post this stuff over here to get the flock here to reassure you "that it's all going to be ok, they'll get hammered by the NCAA and all will be well." The problem is the NCAA doesn't have the best track record of hammering programs lately. I bet they won't even get caught.

OLJWales
02-11-2020, 10:33 AM
So I'm assuming they have enough 2021 commits to make this bold prediction? If not, how are they coming to this conclusion?

Dawgology
02-11-2020, 10:52 AM
I'm just putting out there that Kiffin has been under NCAA scrutiny several times for recruiting issues. I assume that will continue at Ole Miss. His recruiting classes at previous stops must be one of the reasons Ole Miss went after him. Will be interesting to see how that goes at Ole Miss with the way Saban feels about him.

HancockCountyDog
02-11-2020, 11:08 AM
Who cares?

BB30
02-11-2020, 11:18 AM
It's hard to believe it's just as easy as deciding that they are going to get a top 10 class.

Can MSU decide this?

Do not think that the entire country won't be the least bit skeptical?

Or is cheating legal now that A&M & LSU suffer no consequences?

Why so butt hurt over A&M and LSU? Look at their recrutiting budget compared to ours. You usually get what you pay for "literally".

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 11:19 AM
Neal has been on record numerous times saying that if Lane is going to win in Oxford he has to have a top 10ish class immediately. It?s because they cannot win with their current roster. It?s a goal or hope more than an expectation.

And for the record, Neal is right. They?re pretty good at WR & RB but the OL is as unathletic as it gets. 5 slow dumpy looking white guys. The DL is by far the worst in the SEC. It wouldn?t even be a top Sun Belt DL. LB is bottom 4th SEC and DB in bottom 4th. The 12th best SEC defense lost 3 DL who will all get a shot in the NFL and their best DB. Horrific roster

Neal is right.

To get to year 5, he needs a massive uptick in talent and fast.

Jack Lambert
02-11-2020, 11:41 AM
Who cares?

I think we need to care because we go head to head in recruiting with those bastards and if they start getting top 10 next season or going forward that means they are cheating and that hurts us.

Jack Lambert
02-11-2020, 11:43 AM
Why so butt hurt over A&M and LSU? Look at their recrutiting budget compared to ours. You usually get what you pay for "literally".

Those two schools would sign the same classes that they sign now with our recruiting budget.

Maroonthirteen
02-11-2020, 11:53 AM
Bounds said when Lane was hired that OM was getting ready to sky rocket up the recruiting rankings and pass States recruiting ranking. I recall Bounds and his cohost really examining where each school was ranked at the time. I'm pretty sure the prediction by OOB, was OM and Lane would be ranked higher than State and Moorhead when all was Said and done for the 2020 class. Regardless it Didn't happen.

The reason these things get said..... OM is good at hype. They feed their fan base these ideas and it becomes fact after a little spread of the message.

Bounds repeats it because OM fans eat up recruiting hype and it upsets State fans enough to get them calling and listening.

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 11:54 AM
Those two schools would sign the same classes that they sign now with our recruiting budget.

Agree. People who talk about recruiting budget are ignorant to what's going on here.

The money being spent isn't in that budget

OLJWales
02-11-2020, 11:56 AM
What's this "recruiting budget " business yall are talking about? Don't we all have the same limitations on visits and what not? What do the blue bloods spend that we don't?

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 12:00 PM
What's this "recruiting budget " business yall are talking about? Don't we all have the same limitations on visits and what not? What do the blue bloods spend that we don't?

Exactly. People that focus on recruiting budget don't get it.

Dawgface
02-11-2020, 12:03 PM
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/867839-lane-kiffin-recruiting-violations-more-reports-why-kiffin-will-always-be-dirty

THis should explain it all. I mean....it's common knowledge.

No doubt they will be back to Hugh Freeze style of cheating.

HancockCountyDog
02-11-2020, 12:39 PM
I think we need to care because we go head to head in recruiting with those bastards and if they start getting top 10 next season or going forward that means they are cheating and that hurts us.

My guess is that we may be going head to head with maybe 5 recruits next year, max. They are dreaming big about recruiting nationally. Let them - they will flame out like they did this past year.

RiverCityDawg
02-11-2020, 12:50 PM

Programs like Alabama have like twice (or more) the amount of off field personnel working on recruiting. That means more calls, more letters, more relationships, (more bagmen), they're evaluating more prospects, they're talking to high school coaches more often, and they have the capacity to effectively host more unofficial visitors, etc.

I'm not saying this is the be all end all, but this is the explanation of what people are talking about in terms having a bigger recruiting budget.

TUSK
02-11-2020, 12:57 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to msstate7 again.

MafiaDawg
02-11-2020, 12:58 PM
I expect to be the King of England.

How?

He has no personality.

Commercecomet24
02-11-2020, 01:03 PM

Awesome!

Rep Given!

Commercecomet24
02-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Bounds said when Lane was hired that OM was getting ready to sky rocket up the recruiting rankings and pass States recruiting ranking. I recall Bounds and his cohost really examining where each school was ranked at the time. I'm pretty sure the prediction by OOB, was OM and Lane would be ranked higher than State and Moorhead when all was Said and done for the 2020 class. Regardless it Didn't happen.

The reason these things get said..... OM is good at hype. They feed their fan base these ideas and it becomes fact after a little spread of the message.

Bounds repeats it because OM fans eat up recruiting hype and it upsets State fans enough to get them calling and listening.

This guy gets it.

Bothrops
02-11-2020, 01:08 PM

How?

He has no personality.

I heard that this morning and it's a bunch of shit. If OM lands a top 10 class, they are nuts.

ckDOG
02-11-2020, 01:11 PM
When does the repeat offender clock expire? Anything is possible after that. Until then? Nothing notable.

msbulldog
02-11-2020, 01:46 PM
When does the repeat offender clock expire? Anything is possible after that. Until then? Nothing notable.

12/20/2020

BrunswickDawg
02-11-2020, 02:03 PM
12/20/2020

Merry Flipmas!!

Percho
02-11-2020, 02:08 PM
NCAA football is just a P T Barnum show. Might as well be called the WWE!

Keep buying them tickets, Suckers.

OLJWales
02-11-2020, 02:12 PM

?

FISHDAWG
02-11-2020, 02:31 PM
I expect to be the King of England.

you would have to marry one very ugly Broad and I'm sure it's not worth that ... she's never gonna pass on either

Jack Lambert
02-11-2020, 02:32 PM
you would have to marry one very ugly Broad and I'm sure it's not worth that ... she's never gonna pass on either

At least there would be a new bull in the pin.

FISHDAWG
02-11-2020, 02:33 PM
?

must be trippin

ZedFedder
02-11-2020, 03:00 PM
I expect to lose 40 pounds but ya know Swiss Rolls are pretty dang good, too.

lawdawg
02-11-2020, 03:22 PM
Seems an appropriate time to remind everyone that Kiffin told Alshon Jeffrey he would be pumping gas for a living if he went to South Carolina...

ShotgunDawg
02-11-2020, 03:25 PM

After how blatant what happened in Lucedale was, I agree

Jack Lambert
02-11-2020, 03:27 PM
When Miss Sports shut down I tried to listen to Bo but just could not stomach that clown. I just don't listen to sports in the morning any more.

Dawgology
02-11-2020, 03:45 PM
When Miss Sports shut down I tried to listen to Bo but just could not stomach that clown. I just don't listen to sports in the morning any more.

I've started listening to Thunder and Lightning in the morning on my drive to work. MSU centric podcast. Good stuff.

OLJWales
02-11-2020, 03:47 PM

?

somebodyshotmypaw
02-11-2020, 05:51 PM
I quit listening at the part where you said "Bo Bounds say". Bo is so ignorant. The only thing that makes his show manageable is that he does get the best interviews. He will have the AD's, the head coaches, Mike Detillier, etc. That is the only thing he has going for him. He gets great interviews. Other than that, the dude is clueless on sports.

gravedigger
02-11-2020, 06:05 PM

How?

He has no personality.

I'm winning the publishers clearinghouse grand prize in a couple of weeks. I decided yesterday.

I'm also about to flip a coin. It will come up heads.

Percho
02-13-2020, 01:24 AM
From Wikipedia,

]Phineas Taylor Barnum (/ˈbɑːrnəm/; July 5, 1810 – April 7, 1891) was an American showman, politician, and businessman remembered for promoting celebrated hoaxes and for founding the Barnum & Bailey Circus (1871–2017).[1] He was also an author, publisher, and philanthropist, though he said of himself: "I am a showman by profession ... and all the gilding shall make nothing else of me".[2] According to his critics, his personal aim was "to put money in his own coffers."[2] He is widely credited with coining the adage "There's a sucker born every minute",[3]

Everything relative to NCAA football is bought and paid for and is no different than the WWE.

To buy season tickets thinking you have a one in a million chance of winning it is all is to be a sucker. There's a sucker born every minute.

StateDawg44
02-13-2020, 07:50 AM

?

Percho is the only person who somewhat agreed with what Shotgun in his dreadful thread talking about McKinnley's recruitment and how MS people need to light the torches and bust out the pitchforks.

msstate7
02-13-2020, 07:54 AM
From Wikipedia,

]Phineas Taylor Barnum (/ˈbɑːrnəm/; July 5, 1810 – April 7, 1891) was an American showman, politician, and businessman remembered for promoting celebrated hoaxes and for founding the Barnum & Bailey Circus (1871–2017).[1] He was also an author, publisher, and philanthropist, though he said of himself: "I am a showman by profession ... and all the gilding shall make nothing else of me".[2] According to his critics, his personal aim was "to put money in his own coffers."[2] He is widely credited with coining the adage "There's a sucker born every minute",[3]

Everything relative to NCAA football is bought and paid for and is no different than the WWE.

To buy season tickets thinking you have a one in a million chance of winning it is all is to be a sucker. There's a sucker born every minute.

The foil has now fused with your skull. There is nothing we can do to save you.

You really think the NCAA chooses programs strictly in the south to win championships?

timotheus
02-13-2020, 07:56 AM
I agree. The said player probably didn't want to come to starkville but he sure as heck didn't have A&M at the top of his list either. If you are gonna play the game, you gotta learn to play it right.

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2020, 07:58 AM
Percho is the only person who somewhat agreed with what Shotgun in his dreadful thread talking about McKinnley's recruitment and how MS people need to light the torches and bust out the pitchforks.

Just out of curiosity:

Did disagree with what I said happened in McKinley's recruitment or did you disagree that we should do something about it?

StateDawg44
02-13-2020, 08:13 AM
Obviously he was bought so no I don't disagree. Nor do I care since he never showed interest.

And obviously, if you or I knew how to fix blatant cheating or blueblood bias then we would fix it. IF WE KNEW HOW.

----

The part I (and everyone else) disagree with is that you get all accusatory about this type of stuff and blame MSU fans and even Mississippians in general for being too stupid or not passionate enough to care. And then act like you have laid out some elaborate plan to an easy fix or solution but can't get anyone to hop on board. Like it has taken you this long in life to realize that money talks and cash is king.

The only reason I even brougt it up was because of the other posters "?" post.

I'll drop it.

BrunswickDawg
02-13-2020, 08:24 AM
Obviously he was bought so no I don't disagree. Nor do I care since he never showed interest.

And obviously, if you or I knew how to fix blatant cheating or blueblood bias then we would fix it. IF WE KNEW HOW.

----

The part I (and everyone else) disagree with is that you get all accusatory about this type of stuff and blame MSU fans and even Mississippians in general for being too stupid or not passionate enough to care. And then act like you have laid out some elaborate plan to an easy fix or solution but can't get anyone to hop on board. Like it has taken you this long in life to realize that money talks and cash is king.

The only reason I even brougt it up was because of the other posters "?" post.

I'll drop it.

Cheating at recruiting/roster building is as old as college football itself. Hell, the very first game we played against Ole Miss in 1901 was delayed for 40 minutes while we argued about the eligibility of one of our players.

msstate7
02-13-2020, 08:26 AM
Cheating at recruiting/roster building is as old as college football itself. Hell, the very first game we played against Ole Miss in 1901 was delayed for 40 minutes while we argued about the eligibility of one of our players.

We've been on probation twice in the last decade, and crying about others cheating.

StateDawg44
02-13-2020, 08:32 AM
We've been on probation twice in the last decade, and crying about others cheating.

Just stating for the record that I am not crying about others cheating if there is any confusion here. Not that I think you are accusing me of that 7. Just wanting to throw that out there.

It is what it is and it happens every day. It's part of life. We will always have an uphill battle in recruiting until we win consistently. Even then we will still have to play the recruiting game just like it's played now.

There is no other team I would rather pull for than MSU whether we get in the mud or not. (Even though we do)

BrunswickDawg
02-13-2020, 08:40 AM

Nothing's been right since Bryan's Juicy Jumbos went away.

Jarius
02-13-2020, 09:23 AM

There is a pretty big difference in the way we cheat and the way Ole Miss cheats. If you can't tell the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

msstate7
02-13-2020, 09:42 AM
There is a pretty big difference in the way we cheat and the way Ole Miss cheats. If you can't tell the difference then I don't know what to tell you.

Thought we were discussing aTm, but still, we have a paid player (pretty crappy pay though) and academic fraud.

OLJWales
02-13-2020, 12:15 PM
Thought we were discussing aTm, but still, we have a paid player (pretty crappy pay though) and academic fraud.

There is a gentleman's agreement amongst college football recruiting that most adhere to. Ole Miss ignored it and were turned in by the blue bloods. The only way we're getting into trouble is if ole miss hires a private eye or we do stupid shit like tutor gate.

msstate7
02-13-2020, 12:27 PM
There is a gentleman's agreement amongst college football recruiting that most adhere to. Ole Miss ignored it and were turned in by the blue bloods. The only way we're getting into trouble is if ole miss hires a private eye or we do stupid shit like tutor gate.

Well if cheating is equal, why choose the OMs and states of the world over blue bloods? If you wanna get OOS big time players over big boys, you have to sweeten the deal

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2020, 01:20 PM
Well if cheating is equal, why choose the OMs and states of the world over blue bloods? If you wanna get OOS big time players over big boys, you have to sweeten the deal

This is where I think a 1 time transfer without sitting out would help CFB.

Would allow kids to take the money from blue bloods and then transfer to a better playing time situation after FR year

Todd4State
02-13-2020, 01:51 PM
This is where I think a 1 time transfer without sitting out would help CFB.

Would allow kids to take the money from blue bloods and then transfer to a better playing time situation after FR year

That could happen now. A five star recruit that grew up a big MSU fan can go play for Alabama or whoever for four years and then come back to MSU as a grad transfer if they wanted.

Dawgbite
02-13-2020, 01:59 PM

You have no idea how much I miss Bryan breakfast sausage. While they were basically Juicy Jumbos, they were actually Bully Dogs made especially for MSU. I used to buy them by the case for big cookouts and functions when my son was in school. I kinda miss them too but it would take me years to eat a case of them now.

State82
02-13-2020, 02:13 PM

Man, those were the days. Coincidence? I think not.

RocketDawg
02-13-2020, 02:14 PM

For some reason, that just struck me as funny.

OLJWales
02-13-2020, 02:15 PM

You don't go out of state if you are ole miss and out bid the blue bloods.

RocketDawg
02-13-2020, 02:18 PM

We still have a known paid player?

Speaking of which - I wonder if Simmons sent OM or the booster a $10K check now that he's a multi-multi-millionaire?

StateDawg44
02-13-2020, 02:30 PM
We still have a known paid player?

Speaking of which - I wonder if Simmons sent OM or the booster a $10K check now that he's a multi-multi-millionaire?

Think of what could come out by being granted Immunity by the NCAA.

Are you implying we don't?

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2020, 02:38 PM
That could happen now. A five star recruit that grew up a big MSU fan can go play for Alabama or whoever for four years and then come back to MSU as a grad transfer if they wanted.

But it would make a significantly bigger difference if he came after his FR or SO year instead of as a 5th year SR

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2020, 02:40 PM
You don't go out of state if you are ole miss and out bid the blue bloods.

But it's fine for them to come to Mississippi and do it

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2020, 02:43 PM
Think of what could come out by being granted Immunity by the NCAA.

Are you implying we don't?

I'm pretty sure we play players to some degree.

However, I'm also pretty sure that our style of playing players is pay a kid that wants to come to MSU an amount that will make his decision not about money.

To me that is different than what Ole Miss has done in the past & what A&M is currently doing. Both are driving down the freeway at 120 double fisting fingers out the window.

If LSU offers a guys 20K to sign with them & we match that because the kid has legit interest in attending MSU, then I don't see that as a problem in college football.

However, when Bama or A&M come in with $200K & simply buy the player, that's an issue

MedDawg
02-13-2020, 03:04 PM
12/20/2020

12/20/2020 might be the end of their official 3-year probation, but the "repeat offender" status typically lasts for 5 years, and that would be 12/20/2022. And for OM, it might last longer--in OM's latest sanctions, the NCAA used their 1994 probation as evidence OM fosters a culture of cheating.

StateDawg44
02-13-2020, 03:42 PM
But it's fine for them to come to Mississippi and do it

Just because we are from MS and competing for MS kids doesn't equate us to being a blueblood waving more money.

And how do you know if we were even "bidding" for him?

I'm pretty sure we play players to some degree.

However, I'm also pretty sure that our style of playing players is pay a kid that wants to come to MSU an amount that will make his decision not about money.

To me that is different than what Ole Miss has done in the past & what A&M is currently doing. Both are driving down the freeway at 120 double fisting fingers out the window.

If LSU offers a guys 20K to sign with them & we match that because the kid has legit interest in attending MSU, then I don't see that as a problem in college football.

However, when Bama or A&M come in with $200K & simply buy the player, that's an issue

Instead of the bolded statement, explain what they are doing that we don't do? Other than doing it at a higher level.

So what are they guilty of? Having more money to swing around? Uhhhh is this not America?? Since when does that not come with its advantages??? It's certainly never a disadvantage.

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2020, 03:47 PM
Just because we are from MS and competing for MS kids doesn't equate us to being a blueblood waving more money.

Instead of the bolded statement, explain what they are doing that we don't do? Other than doing it at a higher level.

So what are they guilty of? Having more money to swing around? Uhhhh is this not America?? Since when does that not come with its advantages??? It's certainly never a disadvantage.

You can't be serious with this answer.

Dawgology
02-13-2020, 04:20 PM

You could write a novel on this subject. I would suggest you go back a couple years and read the literally hundreds of threads on this subject to catch up.

Todd4State
02-13-2020, 05:28 PM
But it would make a significantly bigger difference if he came after his FR or SO year instead of as a 5th year SR

I agree. But at least we're getting one year now as opposed to Alabama and then Jackson State because of the old transfer rules.

StateDawg44
02-13-2020, 05:32 PM
You could write a novel on this subject. I would suggest you go back a couple years and read the literally hundreds of threads on this subject to catch up.

I'm not talking about OM here. They aren't even in the same league as your A&M's and Bama's.

Percho
02-13-2020, 05:47 PM

Now we are all getting on the same page. Cheating is here to stay. That does not make it right. It also does not make it good for a good game. About the best you could do is make it where you limit the number of the best players all could cheat to get, then more would have better players on more teams and make a lot of the games better to watch and also give more teams a chance to win. The ones spending the most money for the better players would still buy most of the better players.

I do not somewhat agree with King Solomon but totally agree, " There is nothing new, under the sun."

ShotgunDawg
02-13-2020, 05:58 PM
Now we are all getting on the same page. Cheating is here to stay. That does not make it right. It also does not make it good for a good game. About the best you could do is make it where you limit the number of the best players all could cheat to get, then more would have better players on more teams and make a lot of the games better to watch and also give more teams a chance to win. The ones spending the most money for the better players would still buy most of the better players.

I do not somewhat agree with King Solomon but totally agree, " There is nothing new, under the sun."

Lower scholarships 70-75, cap it at 20 per year, & allow players to transfer once penalty free & college football will even out greatly regardless of the cheating.

What we've found out with the transfer portal is that starters at Power 5 schools don't generally transfer. So I'm not as worried as I used to be about someone like Dak Prescott transferring to Bama.

It's far more likely that someone upset at Bama will transfer to MSU

Coach34
02-13-2020, 06:32 PM
McKinley never gave any thought to staying in state per his HS coaches. He wanted out of Miss

Dawgology
02-13-2020, 06:40 PM
Lower scholarships 70-75, cap it at 20 per year, & allow players to transfer once penalty free & college football will even out greatly regardless of the cheating.

What we've found out with the transfer portal is that starters at Power 5 schools don't generally transfer. So I'm not as worried as I used to be about someone like Dak Prescott transferring to Bama.

It's far more likely that someone upset at Bama will transfer to MSU

THis is EXACTLY what needs to happen.

Jarius
02-14-2020, 11:16 AM

There is a pretty big difference in the way we were recruiting and the way they were recruiting. Their academic fraud was also orchestrated by staff members and ours was not. It was a bunch of kids that were lazy and got caught. Most people would probably sweep what we did under the rug. Ole Miss had a coach orchestrating academic fraud. We got in trouble for 1 player in 2013. We fired the coach and went overboard suspending a player for a year and a half over nothing. Ole Miss had 15 level 1 violations that were brought on because of the real violations that the NCAA could not catch them doing because quite frankly you have to be stupid to get caught red handed by them. They were Al Capone getting nailed for tax evasion. No, what was in the NOA was not all that was going on but everyone knew so they punished them anyway. We do not and have never cheated to their level. Every so often they start having recruiting classes that no one in their right minds believe they can attain without going over the top bidding on players. When repeat offender status goes away they will be 100 % all in again and they are basically telling anyone that will listen.