PDA

View Full Version : I'm done.

smootness
11-02-2013, 02:29 PM
You guys were right. It's time. And that pains me to say, honestly; I've believed, since the day he was hired, that Mullen was the guy for the job. And he did a fantastic job for a while. But something has been lost, and it's clear to me now it's never coming back the way we want it to.

I realize this game is mostly on Dak, but that's part of why I'm fully on board if we make a change at HC. I was at least still optimistic about the future because I believed that once we centered the offense around a QB who truly fit it, things would click again. Well, that's not going to be the case.

Bothrops
11-02-2013, 02:41 PM
Great post with great clarity. I just hate to see how much program damage is going to occur between now and signing day!! Ouch

hacker
11-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Meh, I didn't see anything today that changed my mind. The opposite, actually. We ran Robinson more. We used Sobiesk in the kicking game. Dan showed the "fire" that everyone's been complaining about.

Dak turned the ball over 4 times and that was the difference in the game.

C222
11-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Meh, I didn't see anything today that changed my mind. The opposite, actually. We ran Robinson more. We used Sobiesk in the kicking game. Dan showed the "fire" that everyone's been complaining about.

After that first drive, we ran about 20 straight plays without letting Dak run. Not saying Dan is at fault for the loss, but the play calling after that scripted drive was questionable.

Political Hack
11-02-2013, 03:23 PM

yep.

Tbonewannabe
11-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Turnovers made it hard to compete but you can't say we win without them. It should have been a more competitive game but it is as likely that we punt on all those drives and they go down and score on at least part of those.

rcsteph1
11-02-2013, 03:29 PM

This is my thought as well. I saw change today. Unfortunately Dak had a terrible time with the ball today.

Political Hack
11-02-2013, 03:30 PM
they didn't convert a third down until the 4th quarter. Without the turnovers it's a game... and that's all you can ask for against the #14 team in the country who's riding a 13 game home winning streak.

cheewgumm
11-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Unfortunately at some point you have to ACTUALLLY WIN. We can say there's change, we can say we are "getting better"...whatever. W= win, L= Loss

This is my thought as well. I saw change today. Unfortunately Dak had a terrible time with the ball today.

Political Hack
11-02-2013, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately at some point you have to ACTUALLLY WIN. We can say there's change, we can say we are "getting better"...whatever. W= win, L= Loss

unless it's against 2010 Florida.****

maroonmania
11-02-2013, 03:41 PM

AT this point I would just like to see us come into the last 5 or 6 minutes of a game with a good team still with a CHANCE to win. I guess you could technically say that was the case against Auburn this year but I don't believe when we played them they were nearly as good as they are now.

Will James
11-02-2013, 03:44 PM

4 season's ago***

Chizik has already been fired and he won a pretty big game that year.

hailmari
11-02-2013, 03:47 PM

^This right here! We either win today or lose by no more than six points if it's not for turnovers. Dak had a turd of a day but he'll get better from it. All we can do is hope that he and the rest of the team continue to play hard like they did today for the most part.

In my opinion, the play calling was better (than usual).

CadaverDawg
11-02-2013, 03:48 PM
4 season's ago***

Chizik has already been fired and he won a pretty big game that year.

Ha great point

MarketingBully01
11-02-2013, 04:02 PM
I agree Hacker. Dan did everything that this board wanted him to but you can't over come 5 turnovers. Five turnovers on the road gets you beat and blown out every time. To put it in perspective, USC only scored 14 points when they had to drive it the length of the field. If we don't turn it over, WE DO WIN this game period.

dawgs

2010 Florida ****ing sucked by Florida standards, I don't care what they were ranked when we played then because they were clearly overrated.

I'm not saying that because we beat them, I'm saying it because they lost 4 other games, several in blowout fashion.

preachermatt83
You guys were right. It's time. And that pains me to say, honestly; I've believed, since the day he was hired, that Mullen was the guy for the job. And he did a fantastic job for a while. But something has been lost, and it's clear to me now it's never coming back the way we want it to.

I realize this game is mostly on Dak, but that's part of why I'm fully on board if we make a change at HC. I was at least still optimistic about the future because I believed that once we centered the offense around a QB who truly fit it, things would click again. Well, that's not going to be the case.

welcome to our side ...

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/costanza-clapping.gif