2) Andy Canizarro- 4
3) Gary Henderson- 3
4) John Cohen- 3
5) Mike Bianco- 2"

Thats not good OM...

Curiosity of @ScootyCarr on twitter.

The Federalist Engineer
02-10-2020, 12:44 PM
This is probably why Bianco's contract did not get upgraded to 4-years last season, they might be winding him down

Curiously, they can hire Canizarro or Henderson if they wanted. Both have been to Super Regionals and Henderson has as many trips to Omaha as Bianco.

BulldogDX55
02-10-2020, 12:54 PM
This is both hilarious and sad.

Across all major sports, this might be largest gap that has ever existed between the two schools in our favor. Even their softball team collapsed this year. I guess they can beat us at soccer and volleyball?

edit: just checked: they were one game up on us in conference in volleyball, our worst sport, and tied in conference in soccer. wow.

OLJWales
02-10-2020, 01:12 PM
I predict we will sweep them in hoops this year while holding back to back egg bowls.

17 pissbitds

Todd4State
02-10-2020, 01:15 PM
This is probably why Bianco's contract did not get upgraded to 4-years last season, they might be winding him down

Curiously, they can hire Canizarro or Henderson if they wanted. Both have been to Super Regionals and Henderson has as many trips to Omaha as Bianco.

Their problem is they think 2005 is normal for them and us.

Johnson85
02-10-2020, 02:53 PM

How radioactive is Canizarro at this point? Is the way he was fired a massive problem for recruiting baseball players in the south? I wouldn't expect Ole Miss to reach for him by any means, but as well thought of as he was, you'd think he'd get snatched up by a smaller school or picked up as an assistant at a larger school.

Todd4State
02-10-2020, 03:05 PM
How radioactive is Canizarro at this point? Is the way he was fired a massive problem for recruiting baseball players in the south? I wouldn't expect Ole Miss to reach for him by any means, but as well thought of as he was, you'd think he'd get snatched up by a smaller school or picked up as an assistant at a larger school.

He's coaching high school baseball in New Orleans. It has been quite a fall from grace.

bulldogcountry1
02-10-2020, 03:20 PM

"snatched"

I'd say he got snatched away from State.

Todd4State
02-10-2020, 03:45 PM
"snatched"

I'd say he got snatched away from State.

I'd say he snatched himself.

Skydawg1
02-10-2020, 03:47 PM
He's coaching high school baseball in New Orleans. It has been quite a fall from grace.It's a good High School though..so props to him not landing somewhere in JPS.

Johnson85
02-10-2020, 03:50 PM
He's coaching high school baseball in New Orleans. It has been quite a fall from grace.

That's just shocking to me. I'm assuming he rose so quickly because he was good at the actual coaching part. I can understand teams being leary of hiring somebody that checked out so badly at his last school, but surprised nobody has taken a flyer on him for an assistant position where he'd be monitored and presumably motivated to move back up the ladder. I'm guessing he didn't make a lot of friends in the coaching ranks if nobody is interested now.

timotheus
02-10-2020, 04:14 PM
He is possibly just where he need to be for the sake of his family.