PDA

View Full Version : Dak Prescott for Brady?

Matt3467
02-10-2020, 09:25 AM
Some talk going around apparently that Prescott could be traded for Brady. I'm sure this is some ploy to give the Cowboys some negotiating leverage but if this is serious then I no longer have any respect for Jerry. Prescott has been one of the best QBs in the league the last several years and all this basically says is it was Prescott's fault the Cowboys didnt win more.

defiantdog
02-10-2020, 09:31 AM
Brady ain't going nowhere..... he got 1 year left to play..... 2 at most. He's going to retire a patriot.

KOdawg1
02-10-2020, 09:42 AM
That would be a win for Dak. Just bc the Cowboys have a new coach doesn't mean they're all of the sudden going to be run competently. With JJ at the helm, they're always going to fail bc he's an idiot.

basedog
02-10-2020, 09:53 AM
Looking in from the outside, seems $33 million per four years is about right for Dak. Hope he gets all this settled but something ain't right about his negotiation, but it is Professional Sports. What is a fair market, I surely have no clue.

Cooterpoot
02-10-2020, 09:57 AM
I don't see it. Looks like Dallas trying to leverage when they've got the low ground. The issue isn't the money. It's the contract terms. Dak doesn't want to be locked into a salary for 8 years.

basedog
02-10-2020, 10:00 AM
I don't see it. Looks like Dallas trying to leverage when they've got the low ground. The issue isn't the money. It's the contract terms. Dak doesn't want to be locked into a salary for 8 years.

Hmmm, I wonder how much guaranteed money is involved.

FISHDAWG
02-10-2020, 10:05 AM
hope not ... because there's no way in Hell I'm ever pulling for the Patriots

msstatelp1
02-10-2020, 10:29 AM
Completely idiotic idea which means Jerry Jones might be all for it. I think Brady would retire before playing for another team. I'd be all for Dak playing somewhere else cause most online Dallas.fans are some of the worst.

Cowbell
02-10-2020, 10:33 AM

This is fact. Living here in Dallas and following this closely, this is about terms and not money from what I'm hearing. Stephen Has said things that make it sound like Dak thinks he's worth more money and it's pretty sad since that's not the holdup. Purely leverage.

Cowbell
02-10-2020, 10:34 AM
I would love nothing more than for Dak to leave Dallas though. These fans here do not appreciate him and never will.

OLJWales
02-10-2020, 10:40 AM
That would be a win for Dak. Just bc the Cowboys have a new coach doesn't mean they're all of the sudden going to be run competently. With JJ at the helm, they're always going to fail bc he's an idiot.

This. The Cowboys will never succeed as long as JJ operates as the GM. The man makes George Steinbrenner look like a saint. He even admitted he sucked at his own damn job. He is the most selfish asshole Iin history of sports. Cowboy fan loyalty is why they are the wealthiest program in the league. Jerry rewards them by shitting on them while flipping them off.

MaroonBelle
02-10-2020, 10:46 AM
Dak will be the QB for the Cowboys for the next 5 years and he will be paid somewhere between 35 and 40 million. BUT....if they were to be dumb enough to let him go and test the market, this is best case scenario....Tampa Bay...the Bucs let go of the guy who throws as many pics as he does td's instead of giving him contract 2. Bruce Arians, who liked Dak out of State and brought him in when he was with Arizona for a look, gets a proven, smart, talented, leader for his offense and they take off together. I wanted Arians for Dak when he was drafted.

The Croom Diaries
02-10-2020, 10:47 AM
How are the Patriots going to trade a player who is a free agent? Dak can be franchised but Brady cannot.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2020, 10:49 AM
Belichick and McDaniels are salivating at the thought of trading an aging statue for a young mobile QB. A trade like that would continue their dynasty for years to come.

StarkVegasSteve
02-10-2020, 10:49 AM
How are the Patriots going to trade a player who is a free agent? Dak can be franchised but Brady cannot.

It would be a sign and trade.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2020, 10:54 AM
There's no tangible evidence that this is even a thing. It all started because Michael Irvin said something about Brady coming to Dallas during the Super Bowl. He's even come out & said that he didn't hear that from anybody with the Cowboys organization.

TrapGame
02-10-2020, 10:56 AM
LOL!

Watch Jerry Jones outsmart himself. He'll wind up trading Dak to the Pats and the Pats will go to the Super Bowl next season.

But, I don't see this happening.

msstate7
02-10-2020, 11:12 AM
There's no tangible evidence that this is even a thing. It all started because Michael Irvin said something about Brady coming to Dallas during the Super Bowl. He's even come out & said that he didn't hear that from anybody with the Cowboys organization.

It's a dumb idea anyway. Why would a team give up much of anything to have a guy on a 1-year franchise tag you may not even be able to resign?

StateDawg44
02-10-2020, 11:14 AM
hope not ... because there's no way in Hell I'm ever pulling for the Patriots

If someone else didn't say this... I was.

msudawg1200
02-10-2020, 11:19 AM
As someone else stated, Brady is a free agent. He's no longer controlled by the Pats, so they can't trade him. However, Brady could sign with Dallas, the Cowboys could still franchise tag Dak, and then trade Dak anywhere.

Political Hack
02-10-2020, 11:27 AM
Nfl wants to stay in the news after the Super Bowl???

WyldStallyns
02-10-2020, 12:18 PM
Dak will be the QB for the Cowboys for the next 5 years and he will be paid somewhere between 35 and 40 million. BUT....if they were to be dumb enough to let him go and test the market, this is best case scenario....Tampa Bay...the Bucs let go of the guy who throws as many pics as he does td's instead of giving him contract 2. Bruce Arians, who liked Dak out of State and brought him in when he was with Arizona for a look, gets a proven, smart, talented, leader for his offense and they take off together. I wanted Arians for Dak when he was drafted.

Dak becomes a Buccaneer? Argh Matey.

Ezsoil
02-10-2020, 02:15 PM
Folks need to get a grip .....a franchised player is NOT under contract and therefore can't be traded.... he would have to sign a deal before he is traded. There are three levels of franchise tags only one is exclusive to the current team... the other two relate to the compensation for the team he leaves for.....so Jerry's options are 1. Franchise Dak and he is a Cowboy for one more year...2. Sign him and trade him or keep him...3. Let him walk.

Ifyouonlyknew
02-10-2020, 02:28 PM
Folks need to get a grip .....a franchised player is NOT under contract and therefore can't be traded.... he would have to sign a deal before he is traded. There are three levels of franchise tags only one is exclusive to the current team... the other two relate to the compensation for the team he leaves for.....so Jerry's options are 1. Franchise Dak and he is a Cowboy for one more year...2. Sign him and trade him or keep him...3. Let him walk.

They could franchise Dak & they'd still have to mid July to work on a long term deal.

Commercecomet24
02-10-2020, 02:29 PM
They could franchise Dak & they'd still have to mid July to work on a long term deal.

I see this scenario as the most likely at this point.

TheLostDawg
02-10-2020, 03:45 PM
It's a dumb idea anyway. Why would a team give up much of anything to have a guy on a 1-year franchise tag you may not even be able to resign?

Amari Cooper

msstate7
02-10-2020, 04:19 PM
Amari Cooper

That was 1.5 years for ~ 14.4 million (assuming cowboys paid all of 2018), so ~ 9.6 million per year; that's in the 20s for WR pay in the nfl, great value. Dak on a franchise tag for 1 year would put dak as one of the highest paid qbs in the nfl... that's no where even close to the Cooper deal

defiantdog
02-10-2020, 07:01 PM
San Diego May be making a push for someone..... they parted ways with Phillip Rivers

OLJWales
02-10-2020, 08:10 PM
I grew up and have always been a Cowboy Fan but I love Dak more than The Boys due to Jeruh. I want what's best for Dak. Go 17 yourself Jeruh.