PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Baseball Scrimmage

AlSwearengen
02-09-2020, 10:10 PM
Once again, credit goes to MS State Baseball Fan.
Pimentel and L. Jordan hit homers off of Cerantola.
Spencer Price with a perfect 2.2 innings.
Other new comer pitchers that have been looking good continued to do so again today.
Fan think Land is going to be a star next year when he takes over at 2B. Says he is a special hitter.
Can?t wait for Friday.

ETA: There is some debate on who Pimentel hit his homer off of. Someone is saying it was off of Self and it was described as a missile that didn’t get 30’ off the ground.

HoopsDawg
02-09-2020, 10:26 PM
Cerantola with 4 walks. 0 walks by everyone else.

Todd4State
02-09-2020, 11:04 PM
Yeah. We all see what's going to happen with Cerentola. He's going to be off this year and will end up being demoted. If I'm Lemonis I save everyone the pain and suffering and just go ahead with Koestler.

That said none of the starters including Koestler looked great.

I think Land will be a good college player. Special hitter to me is someone like Mangum or Rea. I think Land will be a good hitter.

The Federalist Engineer
02-09-2020, 11:34 PM
Cerantola does not have to be a weekend starter in February to contribute. We have seen kids develop into the final role. Zac Houston comes to mind. He became a great #3 mid season. Paul Brown was demoted into becoming a great mid relief in 2016.

In 2014, Lindy was our top pitcher but it was not till SEC play that he found his place. He was totally untrustworthy until it clicked.

We should start Koestler until Cerantola can do the job.

Todd4State
02-10-2020, 12:14 AM
Cerantola does not have to be a weekend starter in February to contribute. We have seen kids develop into the final role. Zac Houston comes to mind. He became a great #3 mid season. Paul Brown was demoted into becoming a great mid relief in 2016.

In 2014, Lindy was our top pitcher but it was not till SEC play that he found his place. He was totally untrustworthy until it clicked.

We should start Koestler until Cerantola can do the job.

That's true and I do expect all of our players to progress as the season unfolds. The thing that worries me about starting a guy like Cerentola early is he's the kind of guy that could lose confidence pretty quickly and become a non-factor. To me, if the guy isn't ready don't force him out there and hope that it just clicks. Just roll Koestler out there and tell Cerentola that he can't walk the house and he has to learn how to pitch if he wants to be in the weekend rotation.

HoopsDawg
02-10-2020, 12:55 AM
I'm starting Cerantola every Sunday the entire non-conference and evaluate from there. Best bullpens on the team. Just needs experience and to break thru mental hurdle.

ZedFedder
02-10-2020, 10:31 AM
I think Cerantola becomes a really good pitcher for us before the year is done.

AlSwearengen
02-10-2020, 10:56 AM
I'm starting Cerantola every Sunday the entire non-conference and evaluate from there. Best bullpens on the team. Just needs experience and to break thru mental hurdle.

Sounds like a good plan. He will be going against lesser competition and our offense should be able to take advantage of non sec Sunday starters and put up a lot of runs, giving him room for error without it killing us. Fan talks like we are going to have a good bit of depth in the pen, so give Cerantola a short leash if it is looking bad.

Johnson85
02-10-2020, 12:26 PM

So he is in control in the bullpen and just has a mental block when he gets on the field? That would be encouraging if true. Not that the mental side can't be killer, but at this point I think I'd rather be trying to fix the mental stuff than a guy that just doesn't have control period.