PDA

View Full Version : Potential batting order..

HoopsDawg
02-09-2020, 08:02 PM
1. Rowdey
2. Westburg
3. TA
4. Foscue
5. Pimentel: Leading hitter in the scrimmages, hit a rocket today.
6. Hatcher
7. Hancock
8. L. Jordan
9. K. James

That is stout 1-9.

timotheus
02-09-2020, 08:07 PM
Pretty much a Load.

AlSwearengen
02-09-2020, 08:22 PM
If Pimentel can hit SEC pitching in a similar fashion as the big 4, damn.

Captain Falcon
02-09-2020, 08:26 PM
Pimentel may be an everyday guy in the lineup but I think you’ll see flexibility with him position wise. I expect us to try a few different things at DH, LF, 3B, and catcher.

HoopsDawg
02-09-2020, 08:39 PM
If Pimentel can hit SEC pitching in a similar fashion as the big 4, damn.

Well, he is definitely hitting our pitching.

HoopsDawg
02-09-2020, 08:42 PM
Pimentel may be an everyday guy in the lineup but I think you’ll see flexibility with him position wise. I expect us to try a few different things at DH, LF, 3B, and catcher.

Pimentel will play LF and DH as long as he's hitting.

Anytime Landon Jordan gets the start at 3B, that opens up some things in LF and DH. Maybe get someone like Mason Land some AB's.

Todd4State
02-09-2020, 09:04 PM
Pimentel will play LF and DH as long as he's hitting.

Anytime Landon Jordan gets the start at 3B, that opens up some things in LF and DH. Maybe get someone like Mason Land some AB's.

To me, it's more like if Pimentel can play in the field it opens up things for us offensively. Kamren James is really the key. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point about him. I'm leaning towards him being OK this year. Land had arm surgery before he came to MSU so I'm not sure how much we will play him this year.

Todd4State
02-09-2020, 09:07 PM
1. Rowdey CF
2. Allen RF
3. Westburg SS
4. Foscue 2B
5. Hatcher 1B
6. Pimentel LF
7. Hancock C
8. James 3B
9. Jordan DH

The Croom Diaries
02-10-2020, 09:34 AM
1. Rowdey CF
2. Allen RF
3. Westburg SS
4. Foscue 2B
5. Hatcher 1B
6. Pimentel LF
7. Hancock C
8. James 3B
9. Jordan DH

I'd be surprised to see 3 lefties in a row in the lineup with Hatcher, Pimentel and Hancock. If we go Rowdey, Allen, Westburg, Pimentel, Foscue, Hatcher, James/Cumbest, Hancock, Jordan/Tanner then with would be L/R all the way down after Rowdey. Not that it matters that much, but still would be surprised if we went 3 lefties in a row despite having so many lefties.

smootness
02-10-2020, 09:50 AM
Batting Foscue 5th would be a terrible choice. I don't even like him hitting 4th. He's our best hitter and needs to get as many PAs as we can get him.

AlSwearengen
02-10-2020, 11:04 AM
Batting Foscue 5th would be a terrible choice. I don't even like him hitting 4th. He's our best hitter and needs to get as many PAs as we can get him.

This is very debatable, but I think TA is our best “pure” hitter. Doesn’t elevate the ball like Foscue for the hr’s but he hits to all fields very well. Once he quit swinging at chin high fastballs last year he was money.

I see Foscue as a traditional 4 hole guy but baseball is a little different these days and traditional doesn’t really apply. I have to check myself because I am an old guy now.

The Federalist Engineer
02-10-2020, 11:50 AM
1-CF - Switch
2-SS - Right
3-RF - Left
4-2B - Right
5-1B/LF - Left
6-1B/LF - Left
7-C- Left
8-DH - Left
9-3B - Right

Seems that L. Jordan better be a great #8 hitter for 2020, because that potentially puts a very big boy in Left Field. How well does Pimentel (6-3, 220) move? Watching the Stanford LF in the super regional was gross, especially with our asymmetrical Left-Field.

Seems we could invest in Cumbest and Kyte McDonald development (both right-handed OF's) than sacrifice good defense in Left and also get another right-handed bat.

Or, is Pimentel the 1B with Hatcher in LF?

ShotgunDawg
02-10-2020, 12:15 PM
1. Rowdey
2. Westburg
3. TA
4. Foscue
5. Pimentel: Leading hitter in the scrimmages, hit a rocket today.
6. Hatcher
7. Hancock
8. L. Jordan
9. K. James

That is stout 1-9.

Good lineup. Probably the 2nd best lineup in the country behind Arkansas, but MSU has better pitching than Arkansas.

I still don't love Rowdey in the lead spot, but hopefully he'll surprise me

smootness
02-10-2020, 01:36 PM
This is very debatable, but I think TA is our best “pure” hitter. Doesn’t elevate the ball like Foscue for the hr’s but he hits to all fields very well. Once he quit swinging at chin high fastballs last year he was money.

I see Foscue as a traditional 4 hole guy but baseball is a little different these days and traditional doesn’t really apply. I have to check myself because I am an old guy now.

However you want to view it subjectively, the bottom line is that Foscue was definitely our most productive hitter. Allen was great, too, and I don't want to drop him very far down, either. Honestly, I might try out something like:

1. Allen
2. Foscue
3. Westburg
4. Pimentel
5. Rowdey

Or switch Westburg and Pimentel if Pimentel is producing.

HoopsDawg
02-10-2020, 02:09 PM
Lemo confirmed my 1-4 this morning on the bo bounds show.

Going to platoon C, 3B, LF, and DH. Big 4 + Hatch are everyday guys.

RiverCityDawg
02-10-2020, 02:12 PM
Lemo confirmed my 1-4 this morning on the bo bounds show.

Going to platoon C, 3B, LF, and DH. Big 4 + Hatch are everyday guys.

I think you can include Pimentel as an everyday guy, it just depends on whether he's at LF or DH. He'll probably go back and forth just depending on the other spots you mention.