PDA

View Full Version : With Louisville losing today and Uconn most likely to SC the women's BB team

99jc
02-09-2020, 05:22 PM
Should move up to 6th and #2 national Seed. I honestly believe if Myah Taylor can up her game to what we saw today we will be a team no one wants to play in the tourney. Props to Vic for going to the 1-3-1 zone today it sparked our comeback.

Cooterpoot
02-09-2020, 05:28 PM
I don't believe we'll jump either of them.

klong-dog
02-09-2020, 05:44 PM
I think we'll jump Louisville. We beat a solidly ranked team and they lost by several to an .500 unranked team. Depends on how Uconn plays SC. If it's single digits, they'll remain ahead of us.

Dawg2003
02-09-2020, 06:06 PM
It's hard to say because Louisville beat Oregon. There's not too much of a difference in a 2 and seed for practical purposes. You need to stay away from a 4 seed though because you are stuck playing a 5 seed to get into the Sweet 16, which is dicey.

MetEdDawg
02-09-2020, 06:18 PM
As long as we lock up an overall tournament 2 seed we are in good shape. Keep winning and make it to the SEC championship game and we will do that.

At this point unless something insane happens, we will be the 2 seed in the SEC and won't see SC until the championship game. They are the only team in the conference we aren't better than.

KOdawg1
02-09-2020, 06:23 PM
As long as we lock up an overall tournament 2 seed we are in good shape. Keep winning and make it to the SEC championship game and we will do that.

At this point unless something insane happens, we will be the 2 seed in the SEC and won't see SC until the championship game. They are the only team in the conference we aren't better than.

I want another shot at them on a neutral court. It won't necessarily be "neutral" with it being in Greenville, but at least there'll be a Bulldog showing there. We almost beat them at their place. Our girls will be hungry for revenge.

somebodyshotmypaw
02-09-2020, 06:29 PM
We've had a good week winning at ranked Tennessee and at home against ranked A&M. Our next game is next Sunday at ranked Kentucky.

99jc
02-09-2020, 06:51 PM
I don't believe we'll jump either of them.

You obviously don't follow too closely Louisville has lost 2 in a row and our record is better than them.

Cooterpoot
02-09-2020, 07:12 PM
I think we'll jump Louisville. We beat a solidly ranked team and they lost by several to an .500 unranked team. Depends on how Uconn plays SC. If it's single digits, they'll remain ahead of us.

We trailed the whole game vs at ranked team without their best player. We've beaten two ranked teams who didn't have their best players. Our schedule holds us back from making much of a move too.

Cooterpoot
02-09-2020, 07:17 PM
You obviously don't follow too closely Louisville has lost 2 in a row and our record is better than them.

You're probably right about Louisville. I missed they lost to FSU. I'm not impressed with Louisville. They're big and slow. They beat Oregon but that's about it. They struggled with KY.

R2Dawg
02-09-2020, 07:37 PM
We trailed the whole game vs at ranked team without their best player. We've beaten two ranked teams who didn't have their best players. Our schedule holds us back from making much of a move too.

We've also had a few of our best players basically taken out of both games too. Danberry didn't really score in either and Carter also taken out of game due to foul trouble. Also UT player that played for their player out scored more than she does and had a monster game. We had a great week despite not playing our best and we still won by double digits against two ranked teams. We should be a solid #2 seed position. Also we beat LSU who is ranked now but not the time we beat them. Also 2 of 3 losses were by one shot to two #1 teams in America.

Captain Falcon
02-09-2020, 07:55 PM
We?re up to 9 in the RPI and 20 in SOS, so a 2 seed is attainable. Probably need to win out in the regular season and have a little help though. I think we?re at least a 3 seed barring a major upset down the stretch. We can even take a loss at Kentucky and still be fine in that regard

We were 10th in the committee?s Top 16 reveal last week, which would mean we were the second strongest 3 seed at the time and that was before picking up two quality wins this week. So we?re right in the mix for a 2. Granted, I?m not sure there?s much difference in being a 2 or 3. There is a pretty big difference in being a 3 or 4 though, so I?d like to at least stay on the 3 seed line.

Captain Falcon
02-09-2020, 08:02 PM

We have a better SOS than both Louisville and UConn. If we beat Kentucky then we?re probably finishing 27-3 in the regular season. It?s going to be really tough for the committee to not give us a 2 seed in that scenario.

smootness
02-09-2020, 08:31 PM
We'll jump Louisville since they've lost 2 in a row. Probably won't jump UConn no matter what.

Captain Falcon
02-09-2020, 08:34 PM
We'll jump Louisville since they've lost 2 in a row. Probably won't jump UConn no matter what.

Depends. They got crushed at home by Oregon, if SC beats up on them too I could see us passing them.

smootness
02-10-2020, 01:46 PM
Depends. They got crushed at home by Oregon, if SC beats up on them too I could see us passing them.

I forgot that loss was after the last ranking update. We've actually already moved up to 6 in the AP today, we moved past Louisville and Stanford. And UConn dropped to 5.

So you're right, we could jump them if they lose to SC and be 5.