PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology after Saturday's game against Vandy....

CadaverDawg
02-09-2020, 01:13 PM
We are in the First Four Out. Florida is in. Looks like we've got a good bit of work to do. Ole Miss at their place is not a likely win in my opinion, but man do we need to win that one. Either way we can still get in, but the path is much easier if we dont drop the game this week

msbulldog
02-09-2020, 01:18 PM
Cdawg Mississippi has absolutely no one that can deal with Perry or Woodard, we're fixing to show 'em how it's done in the Pavilion!

dantheman4248
02-09-2020, 01:23 PM
We're going to win. It's going to look ugly. We're going to be mad at the effort they play with in oxfart mississippi. Some of us will curse them mid game on here for not looking like they give a shit. But our talent will prevail and we'll win by about 12. We drop max 2 more games in the regular season and with our top four record we'll lose in the semis to auburn on some bullshit luck they have. We'll be a 10 seed.

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 01:32 PM
Cadaver, you have no facts to back up potential trouble in Piss Town. Who they got to guard Perry? We gonna sweep Shitbird. That's a Lock.

CadaverDawg
02-09-2020, 02:12 PM
Cadaver, you have no facts to back up potential trouble in Piss Town. Who they got to guard Perry? We gonna sweep Shitbird. That's a Lock.

We have won 2 road games all year. Two. Ole Miss is 9-4 at home and are playing the best they've played all year. They aren't making the tourney, so all they can do is play spoiler. And there's nobody they'd rather spoil than us. I will be surprised if we beat them at their place.

msstate7
02-09-2020, 02:43 PM
We have won 2 road games all year. Two. Ole Miss is 9-4 at home and are playing the best they've played all year. They aren't making the tourney, so all they can do is play spoiler. And there's nobody they'd rather spoil than us. I will be surprised if we beat them at their place.

Gonna be tough. Hopefully tyree is due a bad game after going for 38 and 23 the last 2 games

CadaverDawg
02-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Gonna be tough. Hopefully tyree is due a bad game after going for 38 and 23 the last 2 games

I want to see toughness from our guys, because road games test you and show whether you're tough enough to win come tourney time imo. If we go in there Tuesday and whip Ole Miss at their place the way they're playing right now, I will start to believe we can make the tourney and possibly even win a game or two. I know OM is not great, but they're playing FAR better than their record the last few games.

parabrave
02-09-2020, 03:37 PM

Thay guy has been lights out at the 3s. The Florida players were in his face and he still was no netting them. And everybody knows how great we are defending the 3/

timotheus
02-09-2020, 04:55 PM
Keep Tyree and Shuler under 40 combined points and win. Anything more than that from those 2 and it'll way more difficult.

confucius say
02-09-2020, 05:09 PM
We are in the First Four Out. Florida is in. Looks like we've got a good bit of work to do. Ole Miss at their place is not a likely win in my opinion, but man do we need to win that one. Either way we can still get in, but the path is much easier if we dont drop the game this week

Whose bracketology? Latest full update I see from lunardi is 2-7-2020.

Nm, I see a twitter post that list it

klong-dog
02-09-2020, 05:57 PM
We will have to guard the perimeter and stay out of foul trouble, along with valuing possession of the ball. OM is rolling right now and their atmosphere will be tough, this will be their championship. We better be mentally and physically ready.

chef dixon
02-09-2020, 06:42 PM
Our fans equate losing/trailing automatically to "lack of effort" all the time. Definitely some frustrating things about this team but I think they play hard. At least not even in the same league of lack of effort we saw this past football season at times.

Ari Gold
02-09-2020, 06:49 PM
Our fans equate losing/trailing automatically to "lack of effort" all the time. Definitely some frustrating things about this team but I think they play hard. At least not even in the same league of lack of effort we saw this past football season at times.

The lack of effort is some of our fans...

MetEdDawg
02-09-2020, 07:24 PM
A recent tweet about an hour ago from ESPN Stats and Info says that with Cincinnati's loss, Lunardi's updated prediction would have us as the last team in the tournament right now.

timotheus
02-09-2020, 08:01 PM
I am afraid he is correct also but it's still a shame that a team this talented is rated that low. Maybe the team continues to improve though.

dantheman4248
02-09-2020, 08:25 PM

No. You can tell by body language, offensive sets, and leaving men wide open on defense. The lack of effort is not because we're behind. Go back and watch the second half 9-0 run we made on Florida with 4 straight offensive turnovers. That is a microcosm of our team. Supremely talented, bad effort, but opponents can't capitalize so we capitalize on that because of sheer talent.

A 25 second possession where 1 offensive player moves after the 10 seconds of the game clock has gone off that ends with a contested nba three that is made is another microcosm of this team. Some people on here genuinely think that's a good possession tho so whatever.

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 09:13 PM
I'm predicting we are finally getting ready to go on a roll. I know, I know. Yea, I'm just going on gut instinct but I really feel like we are about to impress. Hope my gut is right.

Joebob
02-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Frankly, I’m done talking about Howland coached teams. Wake me when it’s over.

ZedFedder
02-09-2020, 09:45 PM
I don’t know how you can’t be excited with how they have played lately.

msstate7
02-09-2020, 09:56 PM
Frankly, I’m done talking about Howland coached teams. Wake me when it’s over.

You saying we should fire him?

confucius say
02-09-2020, 11:35 PM
I'm predicting we are finally getting ready to go on a roll. I know, I know. Yea, I'm just going on gut instinct but I really feel like we are about to impress. Hope my gut is right.

We've won 6 of 7 sec games with only loss at ky. We've been on a roll. I think we go 6-2 rest of the way.

KentuckyDawg13
02-10-2020, 08:36 AM
delete

msstate7
02-10-2020, 08:43 AM
This is huge week for us. If we could win both these road games, I think we go from bubble to pretty solid

THE Bruce Dickinson
02-10-2020, 10:19 AM
The lack of effort is some of our fans...

Bingo

Ari Gold
02-10-2020, 10:36 AM
12-6 .. just get there and there will be no drama

RLM38654
02-10-2020, 02:31 PM
According to Kenpom, State is favored in 7 of the last 8 games.

MadDawg
02-10-2020, 02:52 PM
According to Kenpom, State is favored in 7 of the last 8 games.

No more resume building games on the schedule so our margin for error is razor thin. We have to keep winning.

RLM38654
02-10-2020, 03:19 PM
No more resume building games on the schedule so our margin for error is razor thin. We have to keep winning.

Yep, A lot of games were there is nothing to gain and everything to lose. I'm dreading it.

OLJWales
02-11-2020, 01:35 PM
We have 3 home and 5 road games left. We have not bad away from The Hump. Gonna hafta hold serve and get 3 road wins to get to 12-6.

Being favored in 7 of our last 8 is not a bad look.

CadaverDawg
02-11-2020, 08:36 PM

Told ya

They're hot, and road games are tough

klong-dog
02-11-2020, 09:14 PM
I lol when reading this thread a couple of days ago. You'd think they learn by now Cadaver. Or maybe they're just young Pups.

Cowbell
02-11-2020, 09:34 PM
Told ya

They're hot, and road games are tough

You called it man