PDA

View Full Version : Nick Weatherspoon

jdelta02
02-09-2020, 12:01 PM
Nick Weatherspoon with a season high 21 points in last night's win over Vanderbilt. Scoring is another part of his game...a point guard capable of exploding for 20 plus.

Also, Reggie Perry with 25 points, 11 rebounds, and 6 assists

msbulldog
02-09-2020, 12:05 PM
Go Dawgs! Hail State!

chef dixon
02-09-2020, 12:17 PM
The game in Oxford this week has set up pretty poorly for us. They are a shit team on paper but they are better than that and playing like it right now. Huge game for us to just try and notch another W and avoid a bad loss.

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 12:20 PM
Yep, Perry & Spoon are the keys. Carter and Woodard , one or the other needs to develop consistency for us to make a run. they have been on and off and you never know which one of them is gonna have a good or bad game.

So, who in the SEC gets in? LSU, AU & KY are obvious locks at this point. Then you have State, SC, & UF battling for the 5th or 6th SEC team to get in?

wishful thinking: just think if we had not shit the bed vs La Tech & NMSU and taken either the LSU or OK game. Or both. .

If we are on the bubble come tourney time, will a strong run in the SEC tourney make a difference? If memory serves, didn't we make strong runs while on the bubble in the SEC tourney a time or two but were snubbed during Stans' tenure? It seems strong tourney performances don't have much impact on the decision makers. no?

Big4Dawg
02-09-2020, 12:29 PM
Yep, Perry & Spoon are the keys. Carter and Woodard , one or the other needs to develop consistency for us to make a run. they have been on and off and you never know which one of them is gonna have a good or bad game.

So, who in the SEC gets in? LSU, AU & KY are obvious locks at this point. Then you have State, SC, & UF battling for the 5th or 6th SEC team to get in?

wishful thinking: just think if we had not shit the bed vs La Tech & NMSU and taken either the LSU or OK game. Or both. .

If we are on the bubble come tourney time, will a strong run in the SEC tourney make a difference? If memory serves, didn't we make strong runs while on the bubble in the SEC tourney a time or two but were snubbed during Stans' tenure? It seems strong tourney performances don't have much impact on the decision makers. no?

Arkansas is above everyone but the big 3

chef dixon
02-09-2020, 12:33 PM

Man Woodard has been pretty good consistently if you check his game log. Last night was his first bad game in a while. I think he has lacked a signature performance but he is shooting really efficiently from the field and cleaning up the glass. I'm hopeful Tyson can heat up down the stretch.

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 01:03 PM
Arkansas is above everyone but the big 3

isn't PIG 4-6 in the conference now? they must have a few quality non conf wins under their belt?

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 01:08 PM
Man Woodard has been pretty good consistently if you check his game log. Last night was his first bad game in a while. I think he has lacked a signature performance but he is shooting really efficiently from the field and cleaning up the glass. I'm hopeful Tyson can heat up down the stretch.

yep, everybody has a bad game every now and then. . Tyson's the one whose been more up and down. Woodard's gonna get back on track. I have full confidence he will. Tyson playing like he's capable of playing will be huge if we intend on making a run. Assuming Spoon continues to play great and more paint touches by Perry. Also, unless I read it wrong, Perry jacked up 5 3's and made 3 of them. I still consider those shots a bad gamble.

Big4Dawg
02-09-2020, 01:37 PM
isn't PIG 4-6 in the conference now? they must have a few quality non conf wins under their belt?

Must be. There NET is higher than ours

OLJWales
02-09-2020, 01:38 PM
Must be. There NET is higher than ours

And we beat them. 17 the NET

R2Dawg
02-09-2020, 01:53 PM

Don't understand UF being that far ahead of us either. Ark should be about to slip behind us if we win next week; same for UF. They both had bad losses Sat.